ORAS OU Mega Diancie Offense [1400+]

Hi everyone :)

This is a relatively new team that I built after taking a break for a while. I think overall it is a solid team and really enjoy playing it. I think the team may need improvements and am curious to what the community thinks.

As the title says, the team is centered around MDiancie. I enjoy running her because she is incredibly fast and hits like a truck. If you are able to check her counters and bring her in safety it usually is pretty tough to deal with

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This is my standard set on her. The EV spread is pretty typical. The 8 atk is to ensure a OHKO on McharizardY and in general to ensure atleast 50% dmg to fire types which seem to be quite common.
HP Fire is taken to deal with ferrothorn and possibly scizor but bullet punch is a threat
earth power deals with other common steels.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

One of Diancies biggest issues is a weakness to priority steel and water users (most of which are physical) so something needed to be done about that.
Rotom W works perfectly as it resists water/steel moves.
Will-O-Wisp is used to cripple heavy hitting physical sweepers and pain split is used to keep him healthy.

Volcarona (M) @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

Volcarona is the other glass cannon of the team and actually synergies quite nicely with Diancie. After using QD, it becomes incredibly threatening. Volcarona checks many of Diancies weaknesses including Grass, Steel, and Water+Ground with Giga Drain. Passho berry makes it easier to set up against water types and leaves it with ~60% hp after 1 aqua jet from non belly drum azumarill.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Jirachi fills several roles in this team so it is best to call him a pivot I guess. Specially defensive spread is taken as the team was kind of lacking a special tank. Toxic gives the team a way to deal with stallers as well as wear down other threatening bulky mons, iron head flinching can also be very effective at wearing down walls and threats alike. The combination of Wish+Protect lets Jirachi function as both a cleric and a staller himself with toxic

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Thundurus has some great uses on this team that I like. Nasty Plot is great for both breaking walls and makes him even more threatning to water types, which cause major issues for diancie.
HP Ice deals with Lando, Gliscor, and Garchomp.
Thunder wave with prankster priority is very useful for dealing with exceptionally fast mons, this is critical as if Diancie gets out sped its usually bad news

Excadrill (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Entry hazards are very crippling as the sweepers on this team are very frail so every HP counts. The team also lacks any physical damage so Excadrill addresses both these issues. I choose scarf Excadrill as usually he is sent in to deal with specific threats and scarf almost always lets him move first.

Thank you for reading and I accept and encourage every critique and suggestion. :)
I will hopefully be able to add a threat list and replays soon.

Last edited:
Welcome back!

Small changes, off the top of my mind for now: Diancie wants protect in its moveset, over either Earth Power, or Hidden Power Fire, due to the fact in ORAS, where your speed upon mega evolution updates after turn order is determined. I'd honestly drop HP[f] myself.

You have a slight Bisharp & Crawdaunt weakness. To help with this, change Rotom-W's EV spread to 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe, Bold as it outruns Adamant Bisharp so you can burn it, and it also outpaces jolly Crawdaunt (88 speed if you are only concerned about this).

Good luck!

Hello, nice team you have here. I notice your team struggled against water types like Keldeo which are hard to switch into with your only water resist being Rotom-W. Your team also struggles versus other Mold Breaker Excadrill as it is capable of 2koing or okoing everything on your team. This team also Lacks Stealth Rock which is pretty crucial to chip away at mons, punish switches etc. I have a few recommendation to improve this team.

->
My first recommendation is to run Scarf Landorus-therian over Excadrill. This allows the team to have a better way to deal with Mold Breaker Excadrill while also maintaining speed control. Landorus-therian also gives you more momentum and gives makes a volt-turn core with Rotom-W, as it has access to u-turn which can make switching in certain mons an easier task.

->
My next recommendation is to run Latios over Thundurs. This allows the team to have a better way to handle water types like Keldeo and Manaphy. Latios has access to removing hazard, which was removed from my last change. Latios also has access to surf, which can be used to lure mons like Heatran and Spd Talonflame which opens up for your Volcarona.

Since the team still lacks Steatlh Rocks, you can consider running Stealth Rocks over Toxic on Jirachi. I also recommend you run U-turn over Protect to give more momentum and to add on to the volt turn core and also Healing Wish over Wish on Jirachi which allows you to play more reckless with your other mons.

I recommend you run 44 speed on Rotom-W to allow it to outspeed jolly max Azumarill. You should also try Thunder Wave over Wil-o-Wisp or Pain Split because mons like Charizard mega X could be problematic.

Diance should run Protect over Hidden Power Fire or Earth Power for Dianice to safely get off the Mega Evolution.
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock / Surf
- Recover
- Defog

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power / Hidden Power Fire
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp / Thunder Wave
- Pain Split / Thunder Wave

Volcarona (M) @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)