item: Latiasite
ability: Levitate
nature: Timid
evs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

* CM allows lati to act as a sweeper late-game
* Recover keeps lati healthy to check stuff like koko and successfully performed a sweep.
* Stored power means lati can easily sweep late game w/ enough boosts.
* Tbolt hits the most prominent dark type (ninja), Haze Mantine and if stored power is latis most consistent move w/o boosts.
* Surf over tbolt hits ttar and allows it to act as a check to lando
* Refresh + stored power for more dedicated sweeping sets, but means lati can't do anything in a lot of matchups.
* Psyshock over Stored Power allows lati to do more damage w/o boosts.

Set Details
========
* Max speed allows you to outspend stuff like chomper and kartana, rest goes in bulk
* Latiasite gives improved bulk, allowing for easier sweeps.

Usage Tips
========

* Avoid toxic
* Checks like ttar need to be eliminated / weakened for a sweep
* Can still act as a strong check to shit like zard y and keldeo in the early game.
* Good for CM wars w/ cune and stuff because psyshock ignores CM boosts and stored power is absurdly powerful at +6 even when their sp def is so high
* Don't be hesitant to recover so it isn't worn down by stuff like rocks and koko u turn.
* Getting burned on purpose is often useful so latias no longer has to worry about being toxiced.

Team Options
========

* Strong wincon for balance and bulky offense.
* Dark type lures like ghostium gengar (bluffs scarf, ttar comes in, kills w/ focus blast) can help latias sweep.
* Can fit on teams lacking a check to stuff like keldeo, zard y, camerupt, tapu koko.
* Spikes and Toxic Spikes users, like Ferrothorn, Toxapex and Greninja, can wear down latias' checks, particularly since latias forces plenty of switches.
* Fighting types like Keldeo and Buzzwole can come in on pokemon like Ferrothorn and Weavile that threaten latias.
Dugtrio can trap Toxic Heatran and Tyranitar for Latias.

[SET]
name: Defensive
move 1: Ice Beam
move 2: Thunderbolt
move 3: Recover
move 4: Defog / Reflect Type

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

* Ice beam hits stuff like lando and chomp for good damage.
* Tbolt hits stuff like keldeo and zard y, good synergy w/ tbolt.
* Recover allows lati to stay healthy to check stuff like lando
* Defog removes hazards, valuable team support for all teams, gets plenty of opportunities bc of all its useful resistances.
* Reflect Type means it can't be pursuit trapped by mons like ttar, particularly helpful vs zard y teams.
Set Details
========

* Max speed allows you to outspend stuff like pinsir and zard y, rest goes in bulk to improve its ability to beat stuff like keldeo.
* Latiasite gives improved bulk, improving your ability to support your team and check dangerous Pokemon.

Usage Tips
========

* Good switchin to Pokemon like Landorus-T, Mega Camerupt and Keldeo.
* When free turns are available, recovering is usually the best idea, because Latias often struggles to check the pokemon it aims to check at low HP.
* On Defog sets, making predictions for pursuit trappers like Tyranitar to switch in is often a good idea, since if Latias is your only check to a pokemon, losing it early on in the game can prove extremely costly.
* Can also revenge kill mons like Kartana and Pinsir.

Team Options
========

* Can fit on teams that lack check to mons like Landorus-t, Mega Manectric, and Mega Charizard Y.
* Fighting types like Keldeo and Infernape can take advantage of pokemon that come in on Latias like Weavile, Tyranitar, Scizor-mega, and in the case of Keldeo, Ash Greninja.
* Spikes and Toxic Spikes users wear down latias' checks, which allows it to more comfortably pivot in and take on what it aims to take on.

Last edited:
Can I get an small extension on this until the end of today? On holiday and wi-fi is really bad, so I don't have much opportunity to write this up, but I will be able to finish it later today.

[SET]
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Stored Power
move 3: Thunderbolt / Surf
move 4: Recover

Psyshock isn't good because the main reason to use this set is the matchup against stall teams.
* Psyshock allows lati to do more damage w/o boosts and act as a better check to shit like camel.
Not really.

I'd have Surf slashed with Thunderbolt since it destroys any Heatran after Stealth Rock that clicked Substitute earlier in the game (+1 Surf is 76 minimum). It also does around 66% to the less common max HP Heatran iirc. It is nice if you win a speed tie against Mega Diancie and for hitting Tyranitar which takes 76% minimum. Also destroys Alolan Marowak and Chandelure if you want to go there.

Talk about absorbing a burn on purpose to avoid getting Toxic'd. Mention how Thunderbolt hits Mantine too. Add Dugtrio to Team Options, since Thunderbolt is more common than Surf.

I don't like how Team Options looks on the Defensive set. The rest of the analysis is good though.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
* Fighting types like Keldeo and Buzzwole can come in on pokemon like Ferrothorn and Weavile that threaten latias.
Buzzwole is not relevant. I would change Ferrothorn to Tyranitar considering that Keldeo doesn't really like hard switching into Ferrothorn.

The team options in both the defensive and CM set are really sparse. You only really mention like 3 teammates total, one being a somewhat niche lure Pokemon. Defensive set has even less. Mention Pokemon that not only give good synergy offensively, but defensively as well, considering Mega Latias is almost always going to be on Balance builds.

• Mention HP Fire in moveset details of Defensive, because it lets you smack Mega Scizor on the switch as well not letting Ferrothorn in for free and OHKOing Kartana.
But yeah you really need to flesh out team options on both sets before I can even think about checking this.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Adding onto that, I also request to re-review your Usage Tips too. One of the comments mentions Psyshock when it is barely listed in the set.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
After looking into this more in detail, QC decided it may be best to re-assign this to someone else. The mention of Buzzwole alone is kind of leering and some of the Usage Tips and Team Options are rather... off-putting.

Please don't let this discourage you in the future since the mon is rather difficult since it's kind of new to SM and the like, so all I ask is you don't take it the wrong way as it was at least a good attempt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)