Megamorph『SLATE 1 - A NEW JOURNEY 』

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Pixilate mega diancie is fucking terrifying. The standard RP set just got ridiculous.

Sheer force mega TTar oml dat crunch + rock slide

canno

formerly The Reptile
I'll post more formally tomorrow, but I think most discussion with the current "slate" is over.

I'm probably going with

• Tech M-Sceptile with its current movepool
  • Adaptability M-Swamp with its current movepool (there were a lot of options I could of went, but I like Adaptability better tbh)
  • Tough Claws M-Blaziken (Blaziken is still banned)
  • Natural Cure M-Mawile and a new stat spread (This one I want to see some discussion about though, but I feel like Natural Cure would work better, although it's not the most flavorful)
  • Analytic M-Sableye and a new stat spread. Won't be very min-maxy although I plan on dropping some speed.
unless there's something else people want

Natural Cure Mega Mawile is interesting, though it needs to be given healing to really pull off Natural Cure Wall.

Awww no Dry Skin Mega Swampert? :(

Technican Mega Sceptile seems odd. On the Special end it literally has nothing but Hidden Power/Round. On the Physical end it's more viable, though, among other points being able to use Bulldoze as almost-Earthquake-but-it-slows, and making Dual Chop quite good. I can only assume this is meant to be with the Physical Mega Sceptile spread?

Analytic Mega Sableye sounds fine, assuming this includes that it keeps its typing.

canno

formerly The Reptile
The idea is that M-Mawile can pull off Rest +Nature Cure which has its own pros and con's in terms of healing. I'm still debating about giving it healing - none really make much sense flavor-wise and I'm still not 100% comfortable with giving something moves unrelated to new STAB / its ability, as I personally feel doing so is a bit out of scope of the meta.

Dry Skin would of been fun but ultimately I decided Adapt fits the role I want (bulky bruiser) and design wise better. :((

Yes tech is for physical scep spread, and M-Sableyr does keep Ghost\Dark

Edit: changed stuff. Fukken phones :+((

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
How about No Guard M-Mawile? "Its docile-looking face serves to lull its foe into letting down its guard." It has Dynamic Punch, Play Rough, Stone Edge, Mega Kick and the Elemental Fangs as moves that benefit from it. If it proves to be underwhelming, it could receive Megahorn, because it's jaws are modified horns. Or Zen Headbutt. Or both.

As for a defensive Mega, Prankster could work. It's probably the most fitting defensive ability (arguably Illusion is, since it's the Deceiver Pokemon and all, but that would be bad, and it doesn't actually shapeshift). It has Stockpile and Spit Up as somewhat recovery, plus Pain Split, Taunt, Stealth Rock, Swords Dance, Baton Pass, Toxic and Swagger. Can't think of a move that would fit flavor-wise and more viable though, so it probably wouldn't get movepool additions. Maybe Spikes?

How about No Guard M-Mawile? "Its docile-looking face serves to lull its foe into letting down its guard." It has Dynamic Punch, Play Rough, Stone Edge, Mega Kick and the Elemental Fangs as moves that benefit from it. If it proves to be underwhelming, it could receive Megahorn, because it's jaws are modified horns. Or Zen Headbutt. Or both.

As for a defensive Mega, Prankster could work. It's probably the most fitting defensive ability (arguably Illusion is, since it's the Deceiver Pokemon and all, but that would be bad, and it doesn't actually shapeshift). It has Stockpile and Spit Up as somewhat recovery, plus Pain Split, Taunt, Stealth Rock, Swords Dance, Baton Pass, Toxic and Swagger. Can't think of a move that would fit flavor-wise and more viable though, so it probably wouldn't get movepool additions. Maybe Spikes?
*Stockpile and Swallow, not Spit Up.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Going to make it a bit more official. Also, I think I'm going to throw away the submission period thing. Instead, we'll have a week to discuss anything you guys want, and then changes will be made. I'll get around to changing the second post in a minute, but for now we're in v.1.0.2 which includes...

• Mega Mawile
    • Now has Natural Cure at its ability
    • Has a stat spread of 50/95/145/35/115/40
    • Keeps its Steel / Fairy typing and has no Movepool additions
  • Mega Sableye
    • Now has Analytic as its ability
    • Has a stat spread of 50/55/105/125/135/10 (I lied I did get kind of min-maxy with its Attack, although not to Beedrill levels. Speed can suck it tho)
    • Gets its old Dark / Ghost typing and has no Movepool additions
  • Mega Sceptile
    • Now has Technician as its ability
    • Everything else is the same compared to its Megamorph form. For reference, its stats are 70/145/65/115/85/150
  • Mega Swampert
    • Now has Adaptability as its ability
    • Has a stat spread of 100/170/110/85/100/70
  • Mega Blaziken
    • Stays the same as it was in Mega Morph
    • Still not usable because Blaziken is banned
I'll update the OP with these changes, along with the second post.

For now discuss any potential changes in mons that you guys want. I'll change the more questionable ones (like M-Kanga - Iron Fist was a filler ability)

Also, unrelated to this, M-Gallade and M-Gardevoir switch abilities - Gallade now has Magic Bounce and M-Gardevoir has Magic Guard

>170 attack Mega Swampert
>Adaptability
>Checks calc
>252 Atk Adaptability Mega Swampert Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shuckle: 168-200 (68.8 - 81.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
>Flips desk

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
1. random ass bump
2. I see some things are a little less broken. A little.

Did I mention how broken mega ttar is with sand force?
Did I mention how broken mega scizor is with technician aerial ace? Seriously though a set of bullet punch aerial ace knock off / superpower / roost and swords dance wrecks everything. The new flying stab is disgustingly good.

canno

formerly The Reptile
I'm going to bump this from the grave to announce a huge overhaul to MegaMorph (revival was approved by Eevee General if anyone was wondering)

As stated, the original idea was to have some community involvement. While there was a bit of it in tweeking, overall it was mainly me changing the megas. The other part of the original idea was to shuffle between new megas after a couple of months or so. Sticking to both of these, I want to announce that MegaMorph is now a lot like other PetMods - almost 100% community based! This means that, rather than just me making a bunch of changes, people will be submitting their own ideas and voting on what they think is the best one. Of course, there needs to be some guildlines if this is going to work. All of this can be found in the OP, but here's the run down:

Guildlines
  • Stats
    • All Megas are a straight +100 to the Pokemon's BST. I know that Alakazam doesn't strickly follow this, but Alakazam is more than likely an overisght, and is definitely not the exception to prove a rule. Basically, keep your BST boosts to 100
    • You are allowed to take stats when making a new Mega Evolution (for example, Garchomp loses 10 Speed when Mega Evolving normally - you can do this for any stat and any amount). However, to keep a limit on how crazy this can get, you cannot take more than 40 points off of a stat. Also, you can only take points out of two stats (for example, you cannot take out 20 points out of Speed, SpDef, and Attack, and you cannot take 50 points out of attack - but you can take out 40 points out of Attack and SpAtk).
    • In general, try and keep min-maxing to a minimum unless you think its absolutely necessary.
  • Abilities
    • Basically, as long as it makes sense for the Mega to have said ability, you can choose any ability you wish, excluding certain exceptions. That said, try and keep them balanced please (please no 180 Attack Pokemon with Huge Power), and make sure it makes sense with the new mega (so no Flame Body Mega Blastoise or Tough Claws Mega Gardevoir please)
    • List of banned abilities: Multitype, Stance Change, Flower Guard, Zen Mode, Wonder Guard, (for now) Shadow Tag. Basically, if it's hard-coded to a Pokemon, you can't use it.
  • Type
    • The Mega Evolution must share the same primary typing as the base Pokemon (So Mega Charizard must always be Fire / X, where X is any other typing)
    • Outside of that, you can use any secondary typing you wish, although keep in mind that changing typings isn't that common
    • Also, don't forget to make sure the typing makes sense flavor-wise, although I will be a bit looser around this point (so Fire / Water Mega Charizard Y is probably not a good idea, but I could let something like Fire / Poison Mega Charizard X slide if you can justify it well enough for example)
  • Moves
    • Basically, you are allowed to add 3 moves to a pokemon
    • However, new movepool additions have to strictly be related to the Mega Evolution. For example, Mega Blastoise got Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse, and Dark Pulse because of its new ability Mega Launcher. Likewise, Mega Gyarados has its new shiny STAB Crunch from ORAS - assumingly because its new typing of Water / Dark
    • Basically, it either has to be a move that is directly boosted by an ability that boosts a very specific type of move (Mega Launcher specifically boosts Aura and Pulse moves. I don't consider Tough Claws as a specific boost because basically most physical moves are contact based) or has to be a new STAB move.
    • I'm going to make this its own bullet - you cannot give something Normal-type moves to abuse any -ate abilities (so no giving a Mega Pixilate Pokemon Boomburst and Fake Out just because it gets an -ate ability)

Template

Code:
Name:
Typing:
Ability:
Stats:
Movepool Additions:
OU / Uber:
Justification:
Current Slate

A New Journey

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Name: Venusaur-Mega
Typing: Grass/Poison
Ability: Flower Veil
Stats: 80/82/143/110/130/80
Movepool Additions: Not Any.
OU / Uber: OU
Justification: Venusaur-Mega has a huge bloom flowering on his back, so Flower Veil makes sense! Even though it's currently Florges' signature ability, it makes sense for Venusaur-Mega and it can actually abuse it, so it can't get statused anymore. Although it was already immune to Spore and Toxic, this makes it a great switch-in to Scald as it can't get burned either anymore, and although Ice Beam will hurt it a bit more, the added bulk will help with that. The justification for the bulk is just that Venusaur-Mega seems to become a lot sturdier than normal Venusaur, and as such its stats represent that. It also gets good support moves as Leech Seed, Sleep Powder and 100% accurate Toxic to abuse, while having Synthesis as recovery, so it'd be a good mega for stall, unlike most of the current megas (it was already, but this should make it better). A cool bonus is that Tyranitar and Gengar can't prey on defense drops anymore, so you can outstall them more easily!

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Name: Blastoise-Mega
Typing: Water/Steel
Ability: Lightning Rod
Stats: 79/90(+7)/125(+25)/130(+45)/115(+10)/91(+13)
Movepool Additions: Zap Cannon
Justification: Since Blastoise's Hidden Ability is Rain Dish, which is named after a weather-related real life equipment, the Mega is based on another one of real life equipments which is also an ability, Lightning Rod. The thing that sets MegaBlastoise apart from it's normal form is the single huge cannon on it's back, which would serve as a literal lightning rod. Like cannons and lightning rods, it's made out of metal, so it becomes part-Steel type. Zap Cannon was given because the cannon is where lightning gets absorbed, and it's even named cannon and stuff.
Works well because of relatively high defenses and only two weaknesses, with access to good offensive moves and coverage, and defensive moves.

This seems pretty awesome, especially now that I can add some feedback on what I think would be cool.

Name: Mega Venusaur
Ability: Aroma Veil
Stats: 80/92/113/120/130/90 (+10 Atk, +30 Def, +20 SpA, +30 SpD, +10 Spe)
Movepool Additions: None
OU/Uber: OU
Justification: I get my justification for Aroma Veil from Venusaur's Ruby/Sapphire PokeDex entries claiming that the aroma of its flower soothes the emotions of people. Not only that, but competitively Mega Venusaur gains an immunity to Taunt, Encore, and company. And that means an un-Tauntable Synthesis, Leech Seed, Toxic, Sleep Powder, Growth (for more offensively-oriented sets), etc. Much like Snaquaza's post, the justification for the added bulk is because Mega Venusaur seems like a very sturdy fellow.

Last edited:

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
Ability: Aroma Veil
Stats: 80/112(+30)/143(+60)/110(+10)/120(+20)/60(-20)
Movepool Additions: Aromatherapy
Justification: Like FALCOWNPAUNCH!, Aroma Veil helps it from Taunt, Encore, and more, which means that moves like Sleep Powder are more abusable. It derives from the Ruby/Sapphire descriptions along with thier remakes, descriding about the Aroma of it's flower. It's stats declare it like an bulky tank with good offensives. It still hates Fire and Ice moves, but the bulk helps it a bit. The reduced speed does not matter, it's a wall. Aromatherapy to help it's partners by healing their statuses. It's role is a slow, bulk machine with good offensives and nice typing.

Name: Charizard-Mega-X
Typing: Fire/Dragon
Ability: Sheer Force
Stats: 78/134(+50)/88(+10)/120(+11)/85/129(+29)
Movepool Additions: Hurricane, Stone Edge
Justification: As it has enough power to melt boulders, it kinda shows how sheer it's power is, so Sheer Force seemed a good choice. The stats reflect that it is obviously an fast, physical attacker. It's bulk has been drastically dwindled, but it has a bit of bulk to survive a hit or 2. It now has Hurricane for it's other Mega and Stone Edge because many Dragon types get it and it already learns Rock Slide and Rock Tomb, so this seem plausible. I see it as a fast, frail wallbreaker with access to Dragon Dance and high powered STAB, especially Flare Blitz.

Name: Charizard-Mega-Y
Typing: Fire/Flying
Ability: Sheer Force
Stats: 78/84/98(+20)/149(+40)/105(+20)/120(+20)
Movepool Additions: Hurricane, Stone Edge
Justification: It's not much of a change, but I'll start going. For Sheer For certain, see Mega-X. It's stats were not much changed, but it does have a noticeable change in Defence and Speed while having a drop in Special Attack, Special Defence, and Attack. The moves are the same as Mega-X but vice versa. It's role can be seen as the same, a fast, offensive powerhouse.

Ability: No Guard
Stats: 79/118(+35)/100/130(+45)/105/103(+25)
Movepool Additions: Iron Head, Zap Cannon
Justification: It's based off an tank, so Water/Steel is an perfect typing for it. It's ability, No Guard, makes scene because tanks almost never miss their target. It's stats tell that it's a fast mixed attacker, especially since it's Red dex says that it can launch high-speed tackles into it's opponents. It's bulk is unchanged because it is good enough, even for a Steel type. I chose Zap Cannon because it is related with it's cannons (why isn't this boosted by Mega Launcher?) and Iron Head because it is now a Steel type. I wanted to add Shell Smash, but it didn't really mix in and it was too OP with No Guard Zap Cannon in it's arsenal. I can see it as a abuser of No Guard with his high Speed, good bulk, great movepool, and amazing offensives.

Last edited:
TFW when somebody else beats you to the punch and posts what you were thinking of posting, namely my No Guard Mega Blastoise. Ah well....

Name: Mega Blastoise
Ability: No Guard
Stats: 78/83/125/145/130/68 (+25 Def, +60 SpA, +25 SpD, -10 Spe)
Justification: Much like Ticktock's Mega Blastoise, No Guard is chosen because Blastoise's water cannons are extremely accurate. This manages to differentiate itself from Ticktock's M-Blast because of its better bulk, more Special Attack, and less Speed. Speaking of which, I dropped 10 points of Speed because Mega Blastoise's gigantic water cannon on its back looks like it would make anybody slower (it'd make me slower for sure, but I'm a fairly weak teenager so that doesn't really apply).

Ability: Regenerator
Stats: 80/82/108 (+25)/130 (+30)/135 (+35)/90 (+10) BST 625 (+100)
Movepool Additions: Ancient Power
Justification: Now, granted, Regenerator doesn't have much flavor on it other than it being a flower, but hey, nothing that gets Regenerator makes much flavor sense either (save for Ho-Oh, Tangrowth and maaaybe Alomomola). This helps it with recovery a lot, with how unreliable Synthesis is; just switching out gives you back a chunk of your HP. This allows M-Venu to set up Growth at the right time (preferrably with Sun up, though it works without that too), and then sweep pretty well. Ancient Power was available to Venusaur back in Gen 2, and now it's here so that Talonflame can no longer switch in safely if it has taken prior damage, and if M-Venu is at +1 it's just flat out dead. It's also M-Venu's best move to hit Heatran... which isn't much, but still.

Name: Mega Charizard X
Ability: Intimidate
Stats: 78/129 (+45)/113 (+35)/109/105 (+20)/100 BST 634 (+100)
Justification: Look at that black dragon and tell me it isn't intimidating. Intimidate helps it with Dragon Dancing, as while the loss in power hurts quite a bit, it now has a more easy time at pulling off a boost, with HP to spare for Flare Blitz. If you want, you can do a physical wall set too, as with Intimidate and 252+ Def, LO Kyurem-B can't even OHKO it... not that you would want to stay in, anyways. The spread gives it good bulk along with a decent Atk (by Mega standard), so while it might not be as powerful as the regular one, it can still excel both offensively and defensively.

Name: Mega Charizard Y
Ability: Competitive
Stats: 78/99 (+15)/88 (+10)/144 (+35)/95 (+10)/130 (+30) BST 634 (+100)
Movepool Additions: Grass Knot
Justification: Competitive seems like one of these generic abilities which just fits on absolutely everyone. And after calcs, It's even more of a nuke after the Competitive boost than the original one with Drought. For reference, 248 HP / 192+ SpD Heatran is now immediately murdered by Focus Blast instead of taking 57.6 - 68% damage only. Add that to the great 130 Speed, and you get yourself a sweeper whenever you switch into Intimidate, Defog and the like. Grass Knot is there to replace Drought Solar Beam, as without that Water-types become much more of a problem than usual.

Typing: Water
Ability: Analytic
Stats: 79/93 (+10)/135 (+35)/140 (+55)/125 (+20)/58 (-20) BST 630 (+100)
Justification: With that level of bulk, the massive SpA and Analytic, this allows M-Blastoise to punch holes in the opponent's team while tanking hits. Now, Water/Steel might seem fitting, but the added weakness to the really common Fighting- and Ground-type isn't exactly appreciated, so I kept it pure Water. The bulk spread makes it so half of the tier can't even 2HKO it, giving it much time to retaliate, especially with Wish support. It does lose out Mega Launcher-boosted Aura Sphere and Dark Pulse, but now its Scald, Hydro Pump and Ice Beam are a lot more powerful with its lowered Speed. It can still use Focus Blast as a substitute for Aura Sphere, but uh, that accuracy...

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ability: Magnet Pull
Stats: 78/143(+59)/98(+20)/130(+21)/85/100
Movepool Additions: Payday, Power Gem, Ice Punch
Justification: In Charizard's Bulbapedia Entry, It is said to based of off the European Dragon, A kind of dragon described as wicked,powerful and Extremely Dangerous. However, They also guard enormous amounts of gold and treasure, and if anyone tries to take it, they will instantly fly into a rage and begin to try and kill them. This shows how they have a unique sense to tell when it's treasure is being taken, even if only a small piece... thus, Magnet Pull, because it's almost like a magnet how it keeps it gold with it until it dies. Also it can use the gems from it's hoard to kill people because it's smart :D

Well, I remade the other two Kanto MEvos, now for Charizard.

Ability: Flash Fire
Stats: 78/134/88/134/85/115 (+50 Atk, +10 Def, +25 SpA, +15 Spe)
Move-pool Additions: None
Justification: Flash Fire made sense to me because Charizard's Pokemon HeartGold dex entry claims that when Charizard becomes furious (I certainly would be if I was torched by fire), its tail fire flares a whitish-blue. Blue fire means hotter flames if I remember correctly, and hotter flames equals more firepower. Funnily enough, the boosts to Attack and Special Attack make its offensive stats exactly the same. It has lower Defense than the original Mega Charizard X, but in return, it picks up an important 115 base Speed.

Ability: Moxie
Stats: 78/94/98/149/105/110 (+10 Atk, +20 Def, +40 SpA, +20 SpD, +10 Spe)
Justification: I get my justification for Moxie from Charizard's DPP Pokedex entry which says that Charizard's tail flame burns hotter if it has experienced harsh battles. Statwise, Mega Charizard Y gets more bulk, less Special Attack, and better Speed than the original Mega Charizard Y. To be honest with you, this is like Moxie Pyroar, except usable....

This seems dead so let me try to revive it.

Mega evolving: By learning blast burn (YES, blast burn. Just like how Rayquaza mega-evolves via dragon ascent)
Typing: Fire/ Flying
Ability: Turboblaze
Stats: 78/114/88/134/110/110(+30 Atk, +10 Def, +25 SpA, +25 SpD, +10 Spe)
Justification: In the pokedex entry it is stated that "[Charizard] breathes fire of such great heat that it melts anything", thus Turboblaze. I also gave it increased speed, balk and a slight increase in attacks.When equipped with a life orb, Mega Charizard Y now becomes a terrifying special sweeper with its improved speed. (yes, the speed matters. It now laughes at the base 100s, while outspeeding many threats like Keldeo.) Turboblaze allows it to hit flashfires like heatran (actually, just heatran).

However, it misses the extra power brought about by the sun. Lack of sun means it also suffers more from water types (lack of solarbeam hits it the hardest). Not to mention that it can only chose 3 moves since the 4th is just deadweight. But, these are more than made up by the fact that Mega Charizard Y can now run an effective dragon dance set with its increased bulk. The ability to hold items will also benefit it greatly. The specials set gets its niche over thundy and torndy with its greater balk and better offensive typing. Basically, it is the fast special fire sweeper that OU always wanted.
Here are some calcs: ( calculated with134 spA)

252 SpA Life Orb Turboblaze Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 165-196 (42.7 - 50.7%) (finished off with focus blast)

Okay? Heatran cant switch in now.

252 SpA Life Orb Turboblaze Mega Charizard Y Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Keldeo: 354-421 (109.5 - 130.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

see what I mean about the speed? In conclusion, the new Mega Charizard Y hits hard, but can still be easily revenge killed by common OU pokemon like thundy and azumarill. (assault vest azumarill in particular works wonders against it) Pretty balanced imo.

So why mega evolving via learning blast burn? Well, ever since Mega Rayquaza was introduced, the concept of mega evolution was never the same again. In fact, one of the reasons M Rayquaza is AG is because it can hold an item despite mega evolving. A simple life orb is equivalent to a tough claws boost. In the game, it is stated that "Inside Rayquaza's body lies an organ that contains the same power of a Megastone. A scientist named this organ the mikado organ (Japanese: ミカド器官). " The gen 1 starters are some of the oldest pokemon we know of. What if they also have it inside of them? What if they are born with the potential to mega evolve? What if learning blast burn/hydro cannon/frenzy plant allows them to unleash their hidden potential?

Btw, it is not stated in the guidelines if the pokemon must have a megastone to mega evolve. So i assume that this is also one of the possibilities. I will be doing the rest of the gen1 starters later.

Typing: Grass/Dragon
Ability: Multiscale
Stats: HP 80 | ATK 142 (+60) | DEF 113 (+30) | SPATK 80 (-20) | SPDEF 80 (-20) | SPE 130 (+50)
Movepool Additions: Iron Head
Justification: Venusaur is a Dinosaur-like monster with big jaw and bulky body, so the Dragon-type makes sense. I have figured it out like a more slim dinosaur with a crest of plenty spikes on its back, just like a Stegosaurus. It would be interesting to see Venusaur using its physical movepool, including Swords Dance, Power Whip, Outrage and Earthquake, and a fast speed tier would help it to support its weak typing. Iron Head is a response to Fairy- and Ice-types, which are its main weaknesses.

Typing: Fire/Dark
Ability: Intimidate
Stats: HP 78 | ATK 130 (+46) | DEF 90 (+12) | SPATK 100 (-9) | SPDEF 105 (+20) | SPE 130 (+30)
Movepool Additions: Knock Off, Brave Bird, Earth Power
Justification: Charizard learns Crunch by Breeding, so has yet a good STAB to take advantage of. Dark typing would fit with its monstrous look and we actually don't have a physical sweeper with this typing, so why not experiment?

Name: Charizard-Mega-Y
Typing: Fire/Ground
Ability: Dry Skin
Stats: HP 78 | ATK 100 (+16) | DEF 110 (+32) | SPATK 150 (+41) | SPDEF 135 (+50) | SPE 60 (-40)
Movepool Additions: Knock Off, Brave Bird, Earth Power
Justification: This is a strange Mega, which totally changes Charizard's concept: it becomes a large monster with strong big arms and a more bulky body and its wings become so small that can only fly for a short time. I can see it becoming a strong TR special sweeper (it can also become physical thanks to Swords Dance).

Ability: Guts
Stats: HP 79 | ATK 135 (+52) | DEF 120 (+20) | SPATK 85 (+0) | SPDEF 170 (+65) | SPE 40 (-38)
Movepool Additions: Curse, Iron Head
Justification: Similarly to Venusaur's, this Mega wants to explore Blastoise's physical movepool and also take full advantage of the move Curse (similarly to what MSlowbro does with CMind). The Water/Steel typing is yet unexacting in OU, so I think it would be interesting to see how it works (especially if physical). It gains Guts because it becomes a lot bulkier.

Typing: Grass/ Poison
Ability: Rough Skin
Stats: 80/92/133/120/130/80 (+10 Atk, +40 Def, +20 SpA, +30 SpD)
Movepool Additions: none
Justification: Venusaur has a warty skin so that's probably enough reason for its ability. With Rough Skin, humongous defenses, great defensive typing, and lots of recovery & status options, Venusaur can provide lots of chip damage to wear down and outlast its opponents.

Typing: Fire/Dark
Ability: Strong Jaw
Stats: 78/140/112/109/85/110 (+56 Atk, +34 Def, +10 Spe)
Movepool Additions: Thunder Fang, Hurricane
Justification: Mega Charizard X's newfound color and fearsome appearance justifies its Dark typing while its defined jaw gives it the new ability. Now Charizard has two 120BP STABs as well as coverage to hit Water types in Thunder Fang. Its good bulk and high speed gives it the versatility to perform offensively and defensively. I'd really like to put Ice Fang in its move additions to hit Landorus-T and the like, but Fire types generally do not learn Ice moves, so...

Ability: Gale Wings
Stats: 78/84/98/159/105/110 (+20 Def, +50 SpA, +20 SpD, +10 Spe)
Movepool Additions: Thunder Fang, Hurricane
Justification: One thing that differentiates Mega Charizard Y from its base form is its significantly larger wings. With Gale Wings, it has a priority Roost as well as a decently powerful priority in Air Slash. Hurricane is a more powerful (though inaccurate) priority that gets perfect accuracy in Rain which also makes Mega Charizard Y threat and a welcome addition to Rain Teams.

Ability: Drizzle
Stats: 79/83/115/135/115/103 (+15 Def, +50 SpA, +10 SpD, +25 Spe)
Movepool Additions: none
Justification: Mega Blastoise's giant cannon can release a lot of water that can flood the surroundings. The cannon also justifies the Steel typing to give it a lot more resistances as well as dent Fairies with Flash Cannon. Drizzle also lets Blastoise regain its lost resistance to Fire and make its water moves a lot more spammable. Pokemon that hate Fire-type moves such as Ferrothorn appreciate Mega Blastoise as a teammate. The added Speed also gives Blastoise a chance to use Water Spout under the rain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)