Metagame Mergemons

Best Gal

once upon a time wont last forever
I've been having similar issues giving Greninja Earth Power
As has been answered a few times, Ash-Greninja and Greninja are counted as two separate Pokemon as far as Mergemons is concerned. This means that regular Greninja cannot get moves from Diggersby, and Ash-Greninja can't get moves from Delphox.

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Has anybody experimented with Gardevoir?

Gardevoir-Mega (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Hyper Voice
- Moonblast
- Scald

And what is Tapu Bulu beside in the dex?

Edit: and OMG does Latios get Origin Pulse???

Pelipper (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp
- Whirlwind

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Psychic

Swampert-Mega (M) @ Swampertite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Blaze Kick
- Superpower

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Dragon Claw
- Close Combat

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Spikes

Also, people are saying Jirachi is OP. Anyone considered Shaymin?

Shaymin @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Recover
- Dark Void
- Substitute
- Judgment

By the way, if Tapu Koko has Kommonium Z, can it use Clangerous Soulblaze?

People ban Shaymin it’s inherently broken Arceus can learn so many moves and SHAYMIN IS RIGHT BESIDE IT. And let’s not forget Dark Void.

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
No, not all pokemon with Play Rough can use Let's Snuggle Forever.

Also I love this set:
Pyukumukyu @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD (or whatever spread you need to counter what you want)
Calm Nature
- Parting Shot
- Roar
- Shore Up
- Stealth Rock / Toxic

Probably the best bulky rock setter if you ask me, also pretty much a counter to all set up shenanigans you can find on the ladder bar xurk (and mold breaker but it's not that common).

Don't you think Xurkitree deserves extra attention? Okay, he's very fragile, but he's kind of tricky to stop, mostly because his counters in normal metagames can't do much while he dances (and let's say it's not hard to get an opening for that).

Chansey and Clefable can't take 2 hits from life orb set, considering +1 spatk. Even assault vest Goodra cannot take two Ice Beam +1 and is unable to return a fatal earthquake.

Therefore, the options are: Quagsire (praying that Xurkitree doesn't carry energy ball), prankster haze/topsy turvy, focus sash or some faster scarfer (Landorus, for example)

Xurkitree can be tough to shut down if it gets to dance even once, but it's prone to being revenged by Ditto. Which is something that should be run on a lot of teams anyway as it lets you not instantly lose to all the setupspam in this meta. You can also revenge it quite easily with scarfers, as it's not that fast and very frail.

Xurkitree is quite slow; even after a boost it's very revengable by most Scarfers, especially given that it's still not boosting its Defense. I would be more worried about what Tail Glow can do to defensive builds now that it has Ice Beam and Focus Blast (Z-FB with Tail Glow and BoltBeam is probably a world-ender).

Off-STAB Origin Pulse, Blaze Kick in the rain, no HJK, and Dragon Claw Koko are all... Bad. Run HJK (and SD) on Swampert, don't run Origin Pulse or Dragon Claw. Dragons make their STAB work because all their offensive stats are usually sky-high and complementing coverage. Dragon Claw Koko fits none of those bills.

737373elj

Banned deucer.
But seriously, what are people’s opinions on Shaymin?
It can run multitudes of sets thanks to Balanced stats all round, a brilliant move pool inherited from Arceus as well as the ability to learn Judgement (so just pair it with any plate and you can destroy your own counters) and the ability to set-up.

Edit: and let’s not forget Dark Void. But it can learn Spore, so that’s not anything I guess.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on Mega Mawile? It is in a similar boat as Kartana, in that it is a terrifying wallbreaker that gets new coverage moves. From Aggron, it gets earthquake, stone edge, fire punch, and aqua tail. On top of that, it even gets autotomize, allowing it to sweep more offensive teams after really fast Pokemon are dealt with (or you somehow get two boosts).

I find this quite concerning, since Mawile can pretty much pick and choose its checks at the team builder. The addition of edgequake means Mawile can break Pokemon that should be able to wall it; like fire, steel, and poison types. I guess there's Weezing lol

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
Any thoughts on Mega Mawile? It is in a similar boat as Kartana, in that it is a terrifying wallbreaker that gets new coverage moves. From Aggron, it gets earthquake, stone edge, fire punch, and aqua tail. On top of that, it even gets autotomize, allowing it to sweep more offensive teams after really fast Pokemon are dealt with (or you somehow get two boosts).

I find this quite concerning, since Mawile can pretty much pick and choose its checks at the team builder. The addition of edgequake means Mawile can break Pokemon that should be able to wall it; like fire, steel, and poison types. I guess there's Weezing lol
Mega Mawile is pretty crazy in this meta, but it still has a lot of its old problems. It’s extremely slow without Autotomize, so non-Autotomize/non-priority sets are at a huge risk of being revenge killed. Victini’s presence alone makes Sucker Punch or Autotomize almost a requirement. Also, a lot more Pokémon get Thunder Wave and Will-o-Wisp, so Mega Mawile has to be even more cautious about status moves. Also, Swords Dance is usually needed for the extra wallbreaking power, so if you’re running Swords Dance and Autotomize you’ve only got two slots left and you have to choose between coverage and STAB. Without Swords Dance, Mega Mawile struggles against a lot of the bulkier Pokémon in the meta; without Autotomize, it struggles against a lot of the faster things, which is basically everything. As strong as it is, Mega Mawile still can’t cover everything at once—there’s always something that checks it.

Has anybody experimented with Gardevoir?

Gardevoir-Mega (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Hyper Voice
- Moonblast
- Scald

And what is Tapu Bulu beside in the dex?

Edit: and OMG does Latios get Origin Pulse???

Pelipper (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp
- Whirlwind

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Psychic

Swampert-Mega (M) @ Swampertite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Blaze Kick
- Superpower

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Dragon Claw
- Close Combat

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Spikes

Also, people are saying Jirachi is OP. Anyone considered Shaymin?

Shaymin @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Recover
- Dark Void
- Substitute
- Judgment

People ban Shaymin it’s inherently broken Arceus can learn so many moves and SHAYMIN IS RIGHT BESIDE IT. And let’s not forget Dark Void.
Dark void got heavily nerfed in gen 7 so that even Smeargle can’t sketch it, and if you happen to hack the move onto something, it fails if the user isn’t Darkrai or something that transformed into it. Even if you could use it, its accuracy was also heavily nerfed down to the point where hypnosis is more accurate. Dark Void’s only niche now is that it can affect both foes in doubles

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Dark void got heavily nerfed in gen 7 so that even Smeargle can’t sketch it, and if you happen to hack the move onto something, it fails if the user isn’t Darkrai or something that transformed into it. Even if you could use it, its accuracy was also heavily nerfed down to the point where hypnosis is more accurate. Dark Void’s only niche now is that it can affect both foes in doubles
That’s true. But Shaymin can just switch that out for Spore.
Also, the fact that Shaymin now has such a wide move pool and 100/100/100/100/100/100 stats across the board means it can run multitudes of sets, from Special with Calm Mind to Physical with Swords Dance. And it can learn Judgement to defeat its own checks and counters.

Edit: SCREW EVERYTHING Victini is beside Arceus too!

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
That’s true. But Shaymin can just switch that out for Spore.
Also, the fact that Shaymin now has such a wide move pool and 100/100/100/100/100/100 stats across the board means it can run multitudes of sets, from Special with Calm Mind to Physical with Swords Dance. And it can learn Judgement to defeat its own checks and counters.

Edit: SCREW EVERYTHING Victini is beside Arceus too!
Shaymin, Darkrai, and Arceus do not have Spore.

Shaymin seems like a fairly interesting mon, but I think it's more or less outclassed by Tangrowth on the defensive (who has Regenerator, better bulk with Assault Vest, and lower speed to pivot with Volt Switch) and Kartana with physical sets. I'm not really sold on the Calm Mind idea because mono-Grass isn't a very good defensive type to help Shaymin boost, and it's not a very good offensive STAB either.

After playing this OM for a couple days, I think I've found a single favorite/deadly Pokemon.

Salazzle is an utter monster in this metagame. And really, I've found it really only takes advantage of one of the moves it receives from Shiinotic. Spore, a simple yet effective move. Even more effective on Salazzle since the Grass types that normally wouldn't shirk from a Spore attack are potential one-shot victims from Salazzle's STAB moves. Even most Choice Scarf users aren't safe, since Salazzle can strike with spore then set up a Z-Sunny Day, boosting her speed one stage and temporarily rendering her Fire Blast about as strong as your average Inferno Overdrive. Throw in a Sludge Wave for a little additional STAB power and boom, absolute monster.

She's not unstoppable, if there's, say, a scarfed Koko or a Banded E-Speed user, Salazzle's low bulk can end her career in the battle early. But she's still a nightmare if you're unprepared.
I personally run Sash, Spore, Nasty Plot, Energy Ball, Sludge Wave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)