Multifaction/FFA Meta Circus Mafia - Sign Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Shade

Blazade will be my cohost for this.

Keeping it simple, this is a 15 person multifaction with 3 public, uniformed factions. The Mafia faction, the Other Game faction (read: Walrus) and the Tabletop faction.

This game will have aliases and a unicycle format.

As noted below in the hide, this game will focus significantly on being able to acquire information and use it. Though every faction will have some information gathering abilities, your best friend is your deduction skills and gut, as results are not guaranteed to be accurate or truthful.

Sign ups aren't first come, first serve. In the case of more than 15 people signing up, slots will be randomized.

Primary Mechanic
For this game information is key, there are 4 major pieces of information: smogon username, alias, role name and faction. In order to use a faction kill, players must submit an alias as well as two of the other three pieces of information (two of faction/alias/role name) + alias for the kill to work.

For example, if you wanted to kill player A, you would submit: Faction kill Player A, role name: Dead Person, Faction: Dead memes

Actions
In addition, when choosing a target for night actions, you may submit any amount of the other 3 major information pieces beyond what is required. It is public knowledge that there may be roles that punish you for not having all 4 key pieces of information attached to actions.

If an action fails, you will be notified as such, but not why it failed.

If an action has a limited use, or a cooldown and it fails, the game proceeds as if that action had been used and the use will be expended or the cooldown applied.

Faction Kills
Each faction has a faction kill they can use once every 2 cycles (so one time during cycles 1 and 2, once during cycles 3 and 4, so it is possible to use a kill cycle 2 and cycle 3 in that fashion). If more than one person attempts to use the kill, it will fail.

Fake Claims
In this game, certain players may be provided with safe fake claims in their role PMs. Provided with these safe claims are the win condition and any relevant faction information that the role would obtain if real. If you do not have a safe-claim, you may request one for a particular faction, but know that all of the best ones are already taken.

Aliases/Lynching:

Each of you has an alias in addition to your role. This alias acts as an identity. Most actions in this game target aliases rather than users. When you lynch, you will vote to lynch an alias rather than a user. Please bold your lynch vote if you want it to be counted. At the end of each cycle, the aliases that voted for the day's lynch will be revealed in alphabetical order. Tie votes result in no lynch. There may or may not be effects which alter the vote total, and I will not reveal true vote counts. All aliases and roles will be randomly assigned.

Role PMs/Game Etiquette:

You may not copy and paste the full text of your role PM. You may not share screenshots of any kind. You may not add people to game related conversations without the consent of everyone currently in it (including me). You may not attempt to impersonate other users. You may paraphrase your role PM, describe flavor and abilities in your own words, copy/paste your win condition or role name verbatim, or fake logs with anyone. I reserve the right to make any assessment with regard to game ethics.

Add me to all Smogon Conversations related to this game that you create. Invite me to all discord servers, and all sheets (formerhope2@gmail.com)

Game Progression:

This game will be in Unicycle format. While typically lynch votes are cast during the day and roles are used during the night, we combine day and night into one cycle. You will cast a lynch vote for the cycle while submitting the action in your Role PM. First, the person with the most votes will be lynched, then "night" actions will resolve, players receive results, and the next cycle begins.

Death and Communication:

This is an Outside Communication game, you may speak at any time in any venue, but we recommend finding players in #circus on the Social Forums Discord (ask if you don't have this). When you die there will be no way to revive you, and you will no longer be able to talk to living players about the game.

Winning:

To win each faction must eliminate all other factions

Priority:

Is set before the game. You may ask me about priority, I will probably not answer.

1. Haruno
2. XnadrojX
3. Martin
4. Hitmonleet
5. MoodyCloud
6. Granny Pie
7. Earlio
8. Mxmts
9. Flyhn
10. Gale Wing Srock
11. Jalmont
12. Paperblade
13. Aura Guardian
14. Ditto
15. DLE (low prio)
16. Tonithetourguide
17. Zorbees
18. Champ
19. ItzViper482
20. Shubaka

Subs
1. Lord Gaius

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)