Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a little out there, but could flower cherrim count as a forme change. Of course you do not get any base changes, but in the sun, you'd get the 1.5x Atk and Spd. This might require adding the ability to other mons, but it would make for some interesting sun sweeper combos. It could be broke if you through these on a drought mon (*cough groudon cough*), but if implemented correctly, you could have some fun sun teams with powerful physical sweepers.

Reactions: Eve
This is a little out there, but could flower cherrim count as a forme change. Of course you do not get any base changes, but in the sun, you'd get the 1.5x Atk and Spd. This might require adding the ability to other mons, but it would make for some interesting sun sweeper combos. It could be broke if you through these on a drought mon (*cough groudon cough*), but if implemented correctly, you could have some fun sun teams with powerful physical sweepers.
Since the stat change is purely from the ability and not the actual form change, it should definitely not be counted.

Eve

taking a break
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
Since the stat change is purely from the ability and not the actual form change, it should definitely not be counted.
Yeah, its pretty much a modification of Chlorophyll with a sprite change. I think this is a similar case to Mimikyu, which has two forms technically but both just serve as sprites.

As for potential good mons, here are some new mons that i think might be good
Dugtrio-alola (Gourgeist-Super) : Ghost/Steel
85/100/132/58/75/44

This thing gets so good, counters most fairies, most -pirouette users, and the best thing is that it has willowisp and reliable recovery

Wormadam-Trash (Buzzwole): Bug/Steel
107/149/149/43/43/79

Buzzwole has a much better defensive typing, and also gets slightly higher attack/defense

Tornadus-Therian (Metagross)
80/125/130/85/100/80

Becomes an interesting av pivot similar to magearna.
About the Metagross you mentioned
Mons don't earn moves from the pokemon they take the form of, so Metagross wouldn't get U-Turn. It probably won't be an amazing pivot of the kind Magearna is because of this.

Honestly im not sure how to handle this, what would other oms do in a situation like this?
Most other OMs set stats that go below 1 to 1, and ones above 255 to 255. I just feel like such occurences may be quite common here when it comes to offenses or speed, so I offered the other idea.

Pokemon that can change or have already changed form are not allowed to change formes again. So hoopa-unbound cannot change into a damanitan-zen for example, same thing goes for going mega, a muk-alola (mawile) cannot mega evolve into mega mawile
Will this include things like Gourgeist formes and Oricorio too? Because that also invalidates the Gourgeist set from earlier.

EDIT: Sorry for the spam, whoever condensed it, cheers. Was about to do that. (Unless it was automatic, idk)

Last edited:
About the Metagross you mentioned
Mons don't earn moves from the pokemon they take the form of, so Metagross wouldn't get U-Turn. It probably won't be an amazing pivot of the kind Magearna is because of this.
Yea i know, it still has an interesting typing to pursuit trap and force most psychics and fairies out with access to strong moves like earthquake and meteor mash
Most other OMs set stats that go below 1 to 1, and ones above 255 to 255. I just feel like such occurences may be quite common here when it comes to offenses or speed, so I offered the other idea.
I think setting it so it stops at 1 or 255 is best
Will this include things like Gourgeist formes and Oricorio too? Because that also invalidates the Gourgeist set from earlier.
Woops, yes it does actually so i made a mistake about that. I guess u can use palossand instead as it has similar stats and has recovery

Reactions: Eve
What about the arceus and silvally formes, while they dont change stats, they still change types. They could also be allowed because even if they use an item, so does gira-o, which you are allowing.

What about the arceus and silvally formes, while they dont change stats, they still change types. They could also be allowed because even if they use an item, so does gira-o, which you are allowing.
I totally forgot about silvally formes. though changing to any type will make it feel like camomons-lite

I guess i could allow them though, they dont give anything particularly useful other than a single typing and a useless ability

Hello, its me again. im back but this time with a new unique metagame idea! I think

Forme change
Metagame premise:
Forme change is an OU based metagame where a pokes stats and typings change based off the forme change its named after (that includes in battle form changes such as rotom/meloetta/minior and therian forme changes)

Examples:

Exeggutor-alola (Mantine)

85/50/70/80/140/60
+10 Atk | -10 speed | +
typing

So mantine gains dragon typing while getting access to the abilities frisk and harvest, and gets some stat changes. Has an interesting defensive typing

Ninetails-alola (Mew)

100/100/91/100/100/109
-9 Def | +9 Spe | +
typing

Mew similarly gets snow warning so it can utilize aurora veil, gains ice typing, gains speed and loses defence. Becomes a very versatile veil setter

Meloetta-pirouette (Tapu Bulu)

70/185/148/30/40/108
+55 Atk | +33 Def | -55 Spa | -55 Spa | +33 Spe | +
typing

Tapu bulu becomes broken with all these stat changes, gets 185 atk with stab super power. Also gets serene grace now instead of grassy terrain

Dugtrio-alola:
Abilities: Sand Veil/Tangling Hair/Sand Force
Stat changes: +10 Def | -10 Spe | +
typing

Exeggutor-alola:
Abilities: Frisk/Harvest
Stat changes: +10 Atk | - 10 Spe | +
typing

Golem-alola:
Abilities: Magnet Pull/Sturdy/Galvanize
Stat changes: +
typing

Marowak-alola:
Abilities: Cursed body/Lightning Rod/Rock Head
typing

Muk-alola:
Abilities: Poison Touch/Gluttony/Power of Alchemy
Stat Changes: +
typing

Ninetails-alola:
Abilities: Snow Cloak/Snow Warning
Stat changes: -9 Def | +9 Spe | +
typing

Persian-alola:
Abilities: Fur Coat/Technician/Rattled
Stat Changes: -10 Atk | +10 Spa | +
as primary typing

Raichu-alola:
Abilities: Surge Surfer
Stat changes: -5 Atk | -5 Def | +5 Spa | +5 Spd | +
typing

Raticate-alola:
Abilities: Gluttony/Hustle/Thick Fat
Stat changes: +20 HP | -10 Atk | +10 Def | -10 Spa | + Spd | -20 Spe | +
typing

Sandslash-alola:
Abilities: Snow Cloak/Slush Rush
Stat Changes: +10 Def | -20 Spa | +10 Spd | +
typing

Darmanitan-Zen:
Ability: Zen Mode
Stat changes: -110 Atk | +50 Def | +110 Spa | +50 Spa | -40 Spe | +
typing

Hoopa-Unbound:
Ability: Magician
Stat changes: +50 Atk | +20 Spa | +10 Spe | +
typing

Lycanrock-Midnight
Ability: Keen Eye/Vital Spirit/No Guard
Stat changes: +10 Hp | +10 Def | +10 Spd | -30 Spe

Oricoro-Pa'u:
Ability: Dancer
as primary typing

Oricoro-Pom-Pom:
Stat changes +
as primary typing

Oricoro-Sensu:
as primary typing

Meloetta-Pirouette:
Ability: Serene Grace
Stat changes: +55 Atk | +33 Def | -55 Spa | -55 Spa | +33 Spe | +
typing

Minior-Meteor:
Ability: Shields Down
Stat changes: -40 Atk | +40 Def | -40 Spa | +40 Spd | -60 Spe

Wormadam-Sandy
Ability: Anticipation/Overcoat
Stat changes: +20 Atk | +20 Def | -20 Spa | -20 Spd | +
typing

Wormadam-Trash
Ability: Anticipation/Overcoat
Stat changes: +10 Atk | +10 Def | -10 Spa | -10 Spd | +
typing

Zygarde-10%
Ability: Aura Break/Power Construct
Stat changes: -54 Hp | -50 Def | -20 Spa | -10 Spd | +20 Spe

Theres also the million gourgeist formes, but i dont really care about them atm

All Rotom stat changes: +10 Atk | +30 Def | +10 Spa | +30 Spd | -5 Spe | + Levitate

Rotom-Fan: +
typing
Rotom-Frost: +
typing
Rotom-Heat: +
typing
Rotom-Mow: +
typing
Rotom-Wash: +
typing

Landorus-Therian:
Ability: Intimidate
Stat changes: +20 Atk | -10 Spa | -10 Spe

Thundurus-Therian:
Ability: Volt Absorb
Stat changes: -10 Atk | + 20 Spa | -10 Spe

Tornadus-Therian
Ability: Regenerator
Stat changes: -10 Atk | -10 Spa | +10 Spd | + 10 Spe

Aegislash-Blade:
Ability: Stance Change
Stat changes: +100 Atk | -100 Def | +100 Spa | -100 Spd

Deoxys-Attack:
Ability: Pressure
Stat changes: +30 Atk | -30 Def | +30 Spa | -30 Spd

Deoxys-Defense:
Stat changes: -80 Atk | +110 Def | -80 Spa | +110 Spd | -60 Spe

Deoxys-Speed
Stat changes: -55 Atk | +40 Def | -55 Spa | +40 Spd | +30 Spe

Giratina-Origin
Ability: Levitate
Stat changes: +20 Atk | -20 Def | +20 Spa | -20 Spd

Kyurem-Black
Ability: Teravolt
Stat changes: +40 Atk | +10 Def | -10 Spa

Kyurem-White
Ability: Turboblaze
Stat changes: -10 Atk | +40 Spa | +10 Spd

Shaymin-Sky
Ability: Serene Grace
Stat changes: +3 Atk | -25 Def | +20 Spa | -25 Spd | +27 Spe

Zygarde-Complete
Ability: Power Construct
Stat changes: +108 Hp | +10 Spa | -10 Spe

Potential bans and threats:

Banlist:
  • One form change clause, no full regenerator tornadus-therian for you
  • Pokemon that already changed formes cannot change form again or mega evolve [u cant have a muk-alola (mawile-mega) or hoopa-unbound (ash greninja)]
  • OU clauses + kartana, kyurem, regigigas and slaking.

Meloetta-pirouette (Kartana)
Gets 59/231/164/4/0/142 offenses plus stab sacred sword, yea no thanks

Golem-Alola (Kyurem-Black)
Gets dragon electric typing plus galvanize/magnet pull, uh no

Aegislash-Blade:
Ability: Stance Change
Stat changes: +100 Atk | -100 Def | +100 Spa | -100 Spd

Gives too much dumb offenses

Darmanitan-Zen:
Ability: Zen Mode
Stat changes: -110 Atk | +50 Def | +110 Spa | +50 Spa | -40 Spe | +
typing

Zen mode gives the best of both worlds and gives pokes both a big boost an defense and a huge boost in spatk and makes it the perfect trick room sweeper, breaks too many pokemon imo

Deoxys-Defense:
Stat changes: -80 Atk | +110 Def | -80 Spa | +110 Spd | -60 Spe

Gives too much dumb defenses + pressure

Zygarde-Complete
Ability: Power Construct
Stat changes: +108 Hp | +10 Spa | -10 Spe

108 hp is just a bit too much, makes any defensive poke already unbeatable with the huge boost

Questions for the community:
  • Did i miss any forme changes?
  • What are some potential bans/unbans u think there is?
  • Does this metagame sound fun? Does it look balanced?
Thanks for reading, and let me know your opinions on it!

Edited: added missing forme changes, and a few mons into the banlist and added a banned forme changes list
Sounds like a neat metagame. However, there are a few mons I'd like to highlight:

Tornadus-Therian (Magearna) @ Assault Vest
New stats: 80/80/125/115/125/75
Ability: Regenerator

Regenvest Magearna is going to be one of the strongest mons in the meta, being a direct switchin to most special attackers for the majority of bulky offense teams. Alongside that, it really appreciates the incremental bulk increase on both sides, making it an even safer switchin. If the lower Special Attack really erks you, you can just move some SpD EVs into SpA and it'll work as well as it did with the base 130 SpA. I'm expecting it to be top-tier at least.

Persian-Alola (Toxapex)
New stats: 50/53/153/62/142/35
Typing: Poison/Dark
Ability: Fur Coat

Ability is self-explanatory, along with the typing. You're gonna need a special ground-type attacker to even have hopes of breaking this thing's titanic defenses.
(Meloetta-Pirouette)252+ Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Fur Coat Toxapex: 128-152 (42.1 - 50%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
TL;DR ban Persian-A as a forme change, it single-handedly tries to invalidate physical attackers

Rotom-Wash (Zapdos)
New stats: 90/105/115/135/120/95
Typing: Electric/Water
Ability: Levitate

Yet another exceptional pivot, alongside AV Magearna, except Zapdos' niche over Magearna is access to Heat Wave and Defog.

I imagine this meta may potentially turn out to be a very momentum based meta, as the amount of possible pivots in the metagame have greatly increased. Hoopa-Unbound potentially looks like a no drawback forme-change as well, which may do exceptionally well on Muk and Bisharp.

Freeing Landorus-Incarnate could be an option, however I'm not sure how specially bulky the meta will get.

e: turns out both Zapdos and Magearna have already been mentioned, sorry!

Sounds like a neat metagame. However, there are a few mons I'd like to highlight:

Persian-Alola (Toxapex)
New stats: 50/53/153/62/142/35
Typing: Poison/Dark
Ability: Fur Coat

Ability is self-explanatory, along with the typing. You're gonna need a special ground-type attacker to even have hopes of breaking this thing's titanic defenses.
(Meloetta-Pirouette)252+ Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Fur Coat Toxapex: 128-152 (42.1 - 50%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
TL;DR ban Persian-A as a forme change, it single-handedly tries to invalidate physical attackers

Freeing Landorus-Incarnate could be an option, however I'm not sure how specially bulky the meta will get.

e: turns out both Zapdos and Magearna have already been mentioned, sorry!
Glad u found it interesting, Magearna and zapdos definitely look like they are top tier mons

As for persian (and golem)
They might be potential suspects later (cuz fur coat and magnet pull) but for now they dont look too overwhelming as they give an undesirable typing for example, poison/dark toxapex lose alot of resistances, every magnet puller will be weak to ground..etc

Unbanning pokemon could be an option later on but idk about that as im not sure how bulky the metagame can be of yet lol

I think Alolem (Infernape) would be your offensive answer to Steel types, since it gets powerful STAB Fire attacks and already has no business taking anyone's Earthquake.

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
It's been a little while i have a meta concept stuck in my head.
Sadly i don't know how to exploit that idea, so i need your help to know if this can be something or not.
So here's the raw concept of the meta :

Metagame premise: In addition to the classic gameplay, /commands can be used on the chat to add [X] effects to the battle. These commands may be limited to [X] per turn.
Potential bans and threats: N/A
- Is this even codable ?
- Is there a way to prevent players from using their command(s) just one second before choosing a move or to switch ?
- What would be the effects of the commands ?
- Could this fall into the category of Pet Mods if the commands are too complicated ?

Note that it's only the concept, i'm definitely not going to submit the meta right now.
Thanks for feedback.

Last edited:
It's been a little while i have a meta concept stuck in my head.
Sadly i don't know how to exploit that idea, so i need your help to know if this can be something or not.
So here's the raw concept of the meta :

Metagame premise: In addition to the classic gameplay, /commands can be used on the chat to add [X] effects to the battle. These commands may be limited to [X] per turn.
Potential bans and threats: N/A
- Is this even codable ?
- Is there a way to prevent players from using their command(s) just one second before choosing a move or to switch ?
- What would be the effects of the commands ?
- Could this fall into the category of Pet Mods if the commands are too complicated ?

Note that it's only the concept, i'm definitely not going to submit the meta right now.
Thanks for feedback.
By effects I'm assuming you mean things like activating trick room or weather or something, or maybe giving a stat boost or healing? If you could use some of these (or other similar effects) but were limited to 1/2 times per battle of one of each it could be fun.
To avoid your problem of people doing it then quickly choosing moves I'd suggest that you make it so that (in the same way as normal moves) the opponent only sees it when the turn begins, so this way there's no rush to type things quickly etc.
Maybe you can choose any non damaging move and get to use its effect once per battle via command?

Yeah, adding real-time elements isn't a good idea, so just have effects take place right before the user moves.

Maybe you could limit it to field- or team-effect moves (Heal Block, Safeguard, Sunny Day, Trick Room, Reflect, etc.) and then lock the option out until your field effect wears off (naturally or otherwise).

Once per turn is probably best. The less things can spiral out of the control, the more playable and competitive the meta will be right out of the box.

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
Move Classification Mons

Metagame premise:
The idea is that every Pokémon can learn every move of every classification and type they already know. For instance, Gengar can learn Focus Blast, a special fighting move. Therefore it can learn every special fighting move, for example, Aura Sphere.
Everything banned from STABmons probably has to go, as all the banned moves have even better distribution, and the mons are usually even more versatile. Inheriting from Hidden Power might have to be banned, as everything would get every single special move, which would probably be pretty broken. Everything would get every normal status move, so powerful ones like swords dance and Extreme Speed might have to be looked into.

- What should be done about all the moves Hidden Power and normal status moves like Protect give the mons?

- Is there a better name for this? (There probably is)

- Is it different enough from other move based metas like STABmons and Sketchmons to warrant a new metagame?

- Is there any potential banworthy threats I missed?

Last edited:

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Move Classification Mons

Metagame premise:
The idea is that every Pokémon can learn every move of every classification and type they already know. For instance, Gengar can learn Focus Blast, a special fighting move. Therefore it can learn every special fighting move, for example, Aura Sphere.
Everything banned from STABmons probably has to go, as all the banned moves have even better distribution, and the mons are usually even more versatile. Inheriting from Hidden Power might have to be banned, as everything would get every single special move, which would probably be pretty broken. Everything would get every normal status move, so powerful ones like swords dance and Extreme Speed might have to be looked into.

- What should be done about all the moves Hidden Power and normal status moves like Protect give the mons?

- Is it different enough from other move based metas like STABmons and Sketchmons to warrant a new metagame?

HP is a normal type move, so it wouldn't give everything.
You probably just want to ban inheriting Normal special moves? Literally everything gets them (Protect, even Magikarp has Splash). Everything gets Return too, come to think of it, maybe just ban Normal as a type for diversity.

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
Move Classification Mons

Metagame premise:

Just a note, but Extreme Speed is obviously not a status move, so nothing would get it off of protect. Sorry if it confused anyone, but I was tired when making the post.

Also, I agree with sin(pi) that getting normal type moves would probably go a long way to making it a good meta, and unique from STABmons.

Extreme Speed isn't inherited from Protect, but there are universal TMs giving access to all three categories of Normal move all the same (Return for physical, Round for special, and Substitute for status). The other types imbued by universal TMs are poison-status from Toxic (so everyone gets stuff like Coil, Acid Armor, Gastro Acid, and Purify--maybe even Z-Purify) and psychic-status from Rest (Skill Swap Slaking, anyone?)

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Move Classification Mons

Metagame premise:

This sounds like too much. Like a broken version of typemons.
In addition to these almost everything gets Coil thanks to Toxic.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Thousand Arrows / Bolt Strike
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Hammer

Tapu Lele @ Power Herb
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy (Ban this)
- Psystrike / Stored Power
- Secret Sword
- Moongeist Beam / Moonblast

Lele also gets Volt Switch for choice sets, moonlight if you feel like being bad, and Parting Shot and Nasty Plot.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Gear Grind
- Shift Gear (ban this)
- Storm Throw

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Head Smash
- V-create
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Thousand Arrows
- Sunsteel Strike
- Diamond Storm

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Ascent (or other coverage)
- Something

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow / Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Spore
- Quiver Dance / Tail Glow
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power

Tapu Koko @ Choice Band
Ability: Electric Surge
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Dragon Ascent
- U-turn
- Sunsteel Strike / Parting Shot / Megahorn

Z mirror move is also still a thing.

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Draco Meteor
- Psycho Boost (from mirror coat) / Hidden Power Fire / Ground
- Spore / Parting Shot (bounce it I dare you)

could also run its normal support moves or Dragon Ascent

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Bolt Strike
- Coil
- Roost

Could also run band... or scarf. Or whatever it fking wants to.

Yeh pretty borked meta/10 where can I play twice then never again.

Pokémoves

Metagame premise
: Pokémon can now become their own special move that is added as an extra 5th move and the moves name is literally the name of the Pokémon. This is put together by dividing the Pokémon's highest base stat by 2, adding 20 to it, and the Pokémon's Ability becomes the secondary effect. If the power of a move becomes higher than 100, 1 is subtracted from 100% accuracy for every 1 point it goes above 100. The moves type is based on you shiny or not shiny. If your not shiny, the move becomes your primary type. If you are shiny, it becomes your secondary type. The category will always be either Physical or Special, based on which is higher. So, you get all that? Yes? No? Doesn't matter here's an example anyways. So... for example, if I have a Pelipper, it's highest stat is 100, which is its defense. 100 divided by 2 is 50, and +20 will become 70 power. Pelipper's ability in this case is Drizzle, meaning the move will summon Rain Dance if it is not already summoned. The move doesn't go above 100 power, so it has 100% accuracy. We are NOT going to make it shiny, so it's water-type, and Pelipper's higher attacking stat is its special attack, meaning it becomes a Special Move.
Potential bans and threats: Not entirely certain about bans, but Pokémon with very good abilities with triggers that could be turned into attacks can be good. Iron Barbs, Effect Spore, and Trace are good axamples of Goodra effects for attacks.
Questions for the community: So uh, mainly it's how would certain abilities work to be turned into attack effects like Beast Boost and Speed Boost, if this is even codable?

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Pokémoves
Metagame premise: Pokémon can now become their own special move that is added as an extra 5th move and the moves name is literally the name of the Pokémon. This is put together by dividing the Pokémon's highest base stat by 2, adding 20 to it, and the Pokémon's Ability becomes the secondary effect. If the power of a move becomes higher than 100, 1 is subtracted from 100% accuracy for every 1 point it goes above 100. The moves type is based on you shiny or not shiny. If your not shiny, the move becomes your primary type. If you are shiny, it becomes your secondary type. The category will always be either Physical or Special, based on which is higher. So, you get all that? Yes? No? Doesn't matter here's an example anyways. So... for example, if I have a Pelipper, it's highest stat is 100, which is its defense. 100 divided by 2 is 50, and +20 will become 70 power. Pelipper's ability in this case is Drizzle, meaning the move will summon Rain Dance if it is not already summoned. The move doesn't go above 100 power, so it has 100% accuracy. We are NOT going to make it shiny, so it's water-type, and Pelipper's higher attacking stat is its special attack, meaning it becomes a Special Move.
Potential bans and threats: Not entirely certain about bans, but Pokémon with very good abilities with triggers that could be turned into attacks can be good. Iron Barbs, Effect Spore, and Trace are good axamples of Goodra effects for attacks.
Questions for the community: So uh, mainly it's how would certain abilities work to be turned into attack effects like Beast Boost and Speed Boost, if this is even codable?
This sounds quite interesting with the exception of the ability part, which sounds confusing. I'd like to see some sort of list of effects, so that we could sort out inconsistencies which are bound to exist. You say you want help with certain abilities: imo a piratepad would work best for you, if you can get several people together.

Speed boost applies a +1 speed boost and beast boost gives +1 to the highest stat if you ko the opponent i m o. You're gonna get a lot of doubling which is kinda weird...

Good point. I might have a smallll thing to help fight that. I might just make it to where the only your 1st ability becomes the one to put in the secondary effect. And I am going to make a list as soon as I can home.

Beast Boost should work like Fell Stinger, so if the user gets a KO it's highest star raises by one stage, it would stack with regular Beast Boost I assume. As for Speed Boost it could work like Flame Charge and stack with Speed Boost as well.

As for the metagame itself, I find it quite an interesting idea, though I don't really like how some moves would be completely redundant with the abilities such as Pelliper's, Dugtrio's, Tapu Koko's. Also, how would Sheer Force, Sturdy, Magic Bounce and many other abilities work?

Btw, I feel like Regen mons gain a huge buff, as they would gain 33% every time they'd use their Pokemove. Iron Barbs / Rough Skin is also cool because it deals free chip damage. Tapu Koko and Kyurem-B also gain big buffs, by having access to realizable physical Electric- and Ice-type STAB Moves respectively.

Terrain/weather Pokemon actually become MUCH more useful. You ever find yourself with Koko in and only one turn left of Electric Terrain? Now Koko has a base 85 physical Fairy move with perfect accuracy that summons terrain. Ditto (with variations in power and typing) for EVERY Pokemon that summons weather or terrain on the switch.

Pokémoves
Metagame premise: Pokémon can now become their own special move that is added as an extra 5th move and the moves name is literally the name of the Pokémon. This is put together by dividing the Pokémon's highest base stat by 2, adding 20 to it, and the Pokémon's Ability becomes the secondary effect. If the power of a move becomes higher than 100, 1 is subtracted from 100% accuracy for every 1 point it goes above 100. The moves type is based on you shiny or not shiny. If your not shiny, the move becomes your primary type. If you are shiny, it becomes your secondary type. The category will always be either Physical or Special, based on which is higher. So, you get all that? Yes? No? Doesn't matter here's an example anyways. So... for example, if I have a Pelipper, it's highest stat is 100, which is its defense. 100 divided by 2 is 50, and +20 will become 70 power. Pelipper's ability in this case is Drizzle, meaning the move will summon Rain Dance if it is not already summoned. The move doesn't go above 100 power, so it has 100% accuracy. We are NOT going to make it shiny, so it's water-type, and Pelipper's higher attacking stat is its special attack, meaning it becomes a Special Move.
This sounds really cool, so here are some random ideas assuming that only first abilities are the secondary effect as stated earlier:

Pre-List Version

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam / Psychic
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
- Gengar (BP: 85, Ghost, 30% Chance to Disable the opponent's last move (Cursed Body), 100% Accuracy, Special)
Gengar not only gets a stronger Ghost STAB move, which is always nice, but it has an interesting secondary effect in possibly disabling the opponent's last move, which can randomly come in handy, as anybody who's used Gengar or even Froslass can attest to. Also, if Gengar still had Levitate, I think it's secondary effect would just be Telekinesis.

Magearna @ Fightinium Z / Electrium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Magearna (BP: 85, Steel, Raises Special Attack by 1 if you get a KO (Soul-Heart), 100% Accuracy, Special)
Magearna can run amazing BoltBeam + Steel and Fighting coverage while still being able to set up with Shift Gear to sweep through teams. especially since when you get 1 KO, you get 2 boosts, making yourself an even bigger threat. This might even warrant a ban if it works this way.

Volcanion @ Choice Specs / Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Grass
- Volcanion (BP: 85, Fire, Heals 1/4 of your max HP (Water Absorb), 100% Accuracy, Special)
Trade in 5 BP from Flamethrower to get yourself a buffed version of Giga Drain, essentially. I'll take it. Also, that 5 move coverage is ridiculous.

Drifblim @ Chesto Berry / *type* Seed
Ability: Unburden
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Rest / Will-O-Wisp
- Drifblim (BP: 95, Flying, Not sure what the effect is (Aftermath), 100% Accuracy, Special)
Drifblim still isn't anything all too special, but thanks to having one of the highest HP stats in the game, Drifblim now gets a great STAB Flying move with a great effect in *insert what Aftermath does here* and having Unburden can make it a fun, albeit worse than Hawlucha, part to the Tapus. A Flare Boost set can also be a thing, I guess.

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance
- Rock Tomb
- Spore
- Breloom (BP: 85, Grass, 30% Chance to either poison, paralyze, or inflict sleep on the opponent (Effect Spore), 100% Accuracy, Physical)
Breloom gets a weird new Grass STAB move that's basically a physical Tri Attack, which can cause some fun shenanigans, especially if you haven't put anything to sleep yet.

Bisharp @ Dread Plate
Ability: Defiant
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break / Stone Edge / Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Bisharp (BP: 82.5, Steel, Raises Attack by 2 (Defiant), 100% Accuracy, Physical)
Bisharp gets Swords Dance with the power of Iron Head. That's really all I need to say. Oh, and it can run Knock Off, Sucker Punch, AND Pursuit + whatever coverage you need because it doesn't have to run Swords Dance now. Oh, and you still have normal Defiant, so that's cool.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn
- Landorus-Therian (BP: 92.5, Flying, Lowers the opponent's Attack by 1 (Intimidate), 100% Accuracy, Physical)
Hey, you know Trop Kick? Yeah, Lando gets that but a better type, Stronger, provides useful coverage and forms a crazy combo with it's ability. Yeah, have fun with that. Also, this move is stronger than Fly, so a Flyinium Z set with this and coverage like Knock Off over Fly is a viable option as well.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Fire Fang
- Aerodactyl(-Mega) (BP: 85 or 95, Flying, Not sure (Rock Head) or damage is boosted 1.3x (Tough Claws), 100 or 90% Accuracy, Physical
Aerodactyl finally gets good Flying STAB and can now run EQ and Fire Fang in order to smack Magnezones and Ferrothorns alike. Though, the fact that it's a Mega Evolution begs the question, how is Mega Evolution treated? Does it use the original Stats or the new ones? Does it use it's normal ability or it's Mega ability?

Barbaracle @ Rockium Z / Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Naughty Nature
- Shell Smash
- Cross Chop / Grass Knot
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Barbaracle (BP: 77.5, Water, Damage is boosted 1.3x (Tough Claws), 100% Accuracy, Physical)
Again, like Drifblim, another Pokemon that probably won't make waves, but let's all appreciate this here buff, shall we? Barbaracle gets a slightly stronger Water STAB move (it doesn't learn Waterfall) which is also essentially Tough Claws boosted. A nice thing using this over Razor Shell (which can be considered better still with it's Defense lowering chance) is that it allows you run an extra coverage move in Cross Chop for Ferrothorn or a neat little tech in Tough Claws boosted Grass Knot for bulky Waters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)