Misdreavus won't be Missed (alternate Ghosts in LC)

Which Ghost do you think will be the most common?

• Total voters

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Sub Gastly is an absolute monster. If it gets behind a Sub, you have to guess 50/50 whether it has Sucker Punch or Hypnosis. Guess right? Congratulations, you lose a pokemon! Guess wrong? Congratulations, you lose two - and probably the game.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't see a strategy that requires a non-defensive or even particularly bulky LC Pokemon to survive a hit, even a STAB neutral hit, to be all that great. :0 ...although I do see the logic in Oran + Sub being able to work. But still, what happens when you get nailed by an unexpected SE attack like... um... (I dunno) Gligar's Night Slash or something?
You'd actually be surprised at how bulky Drifloon is. Remember that Drifloon has an absolutely massive HP stat, which means to be effective defensively all I have to do is max out HP. This allows me to reach 15 Speed (which outspeeds or ties most things at +2 after Unburden) and 16 Special Attack.

That being said, super effective hits do tend to take Drifloon out. Drifloon's real utility is its ability to switch into Munchlax, burn it, and switch out without dying. After that, Munchlax becomes set-up bait for one of my set-up sweepers, which puts the opponent in a bad spot.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't see a strategy that requires a non-defensive or even particularly bulky LC Pokemon to survive a hit, even a STAB neutral hit, to be all that great. :0 ...although I do see the logic in Oran + Sub being able to work. But still, what happens when you get nailed by an unexpected SE attack like... um... (I dunno) Gligar's Night Slash or something?
Floon is pretty damn bulky, it can just about take a ScarfChop Ice Punch. You can OHKO it, but not without a fairly powerful SE or boosted STAB attack.

Sub Gastly is an absolute monster. If it gets behind a Sub, you have to guess 50/50 whether it has Sucker Punch or Hypnosis. Guess right? Congratulations, you lose a pokemon! Guess wrong? Congratulations, you lose two - and probably the game.
Actually, I don't know many Sub-Gastly that run Sucker Punch OR Hypnosis. :0 I think most run some combination of Sludge Bomb / HP Fight / Tbolt / Explosion in the last two slots, and I've never seen Sucker Punch as an option because of Gastly's poor Attack.
....unless you were referring to those moves being used AGAINST Gastly? It's possible I misunderstood... :0

Floon is pretty damn bulky, it can just about take a ScarfChop Ice Punch. You can OHKO it, but not without a fairly powerful SE or boosted STAB attack.
Yeah... I'll take your guys' word for it. Sub-Drifloon sounds better than I gave it credit for.

Personally, I'm liking the merits of a SubPetaya CM Drifloon, since it has immunities to the most common priority attacks and can set up on Sucker Punch.

Well its pretty obvious Gastly is the most prominent Ghost, but what I'm wondering now is what set is the most prominent, or more importantly, the strongest. And now just SubGastly / Choice Scarf, like, exact moves.

Well its pretty obvious Gastly is the most prominent Ghost, but what I'm wondering now is what set is the most prominent, or more importantly, the strongest. And now just SubGastly / Choice Scarf, like, exact moves.

In my experences, Gastly + SUB is better than Gastly + CS. It's just my oppion, and what I've observed playing LC though. I'm no theorymon.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Sub Gastly is more reliable as a Machop check etc, and arguably more devastating to a team, but it can't revenge-kill like Scarf can.

Exact sets:
Gastly @ Life Orb
Levitate
Timid (+Spe, -Atk) / Naive (+Spe, -SpD)
36 Def / 196 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
0 HP IV
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb / Hidden Power Fighting
Hypnosis / Sucker Punch / Explosion
Substitute

Gastly @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Rash (+SpA, -SpD) / Naive (+Spe, -SpD)
36 HP / 76 Atk / 196 SpA / 196 Spe
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Thunderbolt / Explosion / Hypnosis
Explosion / Hypnosis / Thunderbolt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)