Other Metagames Mix and Mega: Who needs Megas, anyways? Peaked #3, 1699 ELO

SaturnZelda

formerly TylerWithNumbers
Yes, you heard me right. The title isn't clickbait. I decided to make a meme team to ladder a meta with, as my phone broke a couple of weeks ago and left me without any teams. Decided to make a Mix and Mega team, using only Pokemon that could not Mega Evolve by themselves without the use of a native Stone (Which none of my Pokemon have access to). Thought it would be a complete failure, turns out it wasn't.

The team at a glance:

Xerneas @ Fairium Z
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Rest
- Ingrain

I decided to build my team around Z-Geomancy Xerneas, as I loved the set, and felt like using it more. It's very hard to KO it after it sets up, unless you happen to have a Magearna on your team. It defeats all usual checks to Xerneas, barring Magearna and Calm Mind Sablenite Blissey. Even with a Calm Mind Sablenite Blissey on the field, it can PP stall it out, utilizing the two turns that Geomancy takes, as well as the two sleep turns that Rest gives.

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Sleep Talk
- Recover

I felt as though I needed a Pidgeotite Shaymin-Sky check, and so I thought up this masterpiece. Chloe. bird comes in on the GrassWhistle/Seed Flare/Air Slash/Whatever else the heck Shaymin might be running, and makes them GrassWhistle, if they haven't done so already. Then, you surprise them with a nice Sleep Talk Brave Bird or Sacred Fire (Just hope it doesn't call Recover. That'd be awkward).

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog

As of right now, the team was looking a little bit weak to Primal Groudon, especially Roar sets that run rock coverage (Do those exist? I don't know, but let's not find out). I originally ran with an Arceus-Ground, so I could OHKO Groudon with Judgment, but that compounded my weakness to Glalitite Weavile to a point where it would almost be more beneficial to me to click forfeit when someone had one, rather than trying to win against it. Anyways, I changed the Arceus-Ground to Arceus-Water, in order to still defeat Primal Groudon, and help a lot against Weavile. Defog is for hazard control, as I'm paranoid of Ho-Oh taking rocks damage, Recover is to keep my longevity up against Pokemon, Toxic is to stall things like Primal Groudon out, and Ice Beam is to hit threats such as Zygarde and Pinsirite users.

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Dragon Tail

Since Golisopod is literally on every other team in the Mix and Mega meta right now, I was scrolling through teambuilder, looking for a solid check. This Pokemon sprang to mind. It gets 8HKOed by Liquidation from Golisopod, Rests if it gets hit with Toxic, and Will-O-Wisps it to cripple it for my other teammates. All in all, a hard counter for any viable set Golisopod can run. Also, just walls the living heck out of almost any physical attacker in the game. Dragon Tail can also phaze out potential sweepers. Oh, and another Defog user, because I'm super paranoid about Ho-Oh.

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn

Pheromosa may seem like a random addition to my team, but it's been very useful. Outspeeding most of the threats in the meta, even with being banned from holding a Mega Stone, is what makes this Pokemon useful, as well as hitting fairly hard. Ice Beam, again, takes out threats like what I mentioned with Arceus-Water, although this does it more effectively, as it can hit them hard, and hit them lots of times before they can hit you. Rapid Spin is for the odd moment when my Defoggers are both unable to perform their duties, and Ho-Oh is still a valuable member of the team for me to win. High Jump Kick is just a powerful STAB, which allows me to 2HKO the likes of Sablenite Blissey, and just deal damage to other Pokemon. U-turn is a pivot, used to scout a switch, and just to deal damage on the switch. Also, if it's at 100% HP, I can use it as a very soft check to Weavile.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

The last Pokemon I decided to use on my team was Swords Dance Primal Groudon. This Pokemon just tears through walls like they don't exist, which they really don't once it sets up once. Swords Dance's purpose is self-explanatory, so I won't go into detail much on that. Preci(miss)pice Blades is a powerful STAB, which is used to hit opposing Rock type Pokemon, and just deal massive damage in general. Stone Edge is to hit Flying types, specifically Venusaurite and Sablenite Zapdos, which otherwise can effectively wall lots of Groudon's other moves, and also to hit Golisopod on the switch. Fire Punch is used as a STAB that hits 100% of the time, so it is more reliable than Precipice Blades, and it has nearly as much power under the sun. Used for Pokemon that Precipice Blades are resisted by. 120 Speed EVs allow it to outspeed Venusaurite Zapdos 100% of the time, unless it's running some insane speed creep.

Basically, this team was just really fun for me to make, and play with on ladder. It encompasses and checks just about every threat in the meta, without using any Megas itself. Now, onto the threatlist.

Weavile: Glalitite Weavile is still a massive threat to the team, even after adding Arceus-Water. If Arceus is weakened severely, or is in some other way incapable of dealing with it, this Pokemon basically defeats my team. It can set up a Swords Dance (rare, but existent), and then proceed to sweep my team. Giratina dies to a +2 Return, as do Ho-Oh, Primal Groudon, Pheromosa, and Xerneas. Before it sets up to +2, my Giratina can live a Return and Will-O-Wisp it, thus crippling it and making the matchup a bit easier, but yes, it is a massive threat.

Xerneas: As I mentioned before, the Z-Geomancy set that I'm running on my own team is borderline broken. And, seeing as this team doesn't have a Magearna, I am in danger of being swept if I let this Pokemon set up. The best way to pressure it is to use Pokemon such as Primal Groudon against it, which will 2HKO it, and thus not let it set up.

Xerneas @ Fairium Z
Ability: Fairy Aura
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Rest
- Ingrain

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Sleep Talk
- Recover

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Dragon Tail

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Sorry, I didn't really save any replays having to do with the team. Rip. I do, however, have a proof of peak.

Tags:
HunterStorm Cause you wanted me to tag you when it was finished.
Yuga42 Great friend, helped me a lot to get better at mons in general.
VoltDarkrai Rawr.
Thimo Thanks for helping me set this up, lol.
Thanks to everyone else who I'm friends with, too lazy to tag all of you (sorry).

Pretty good team, well done. I'm not playing much Mix and Mega cause focused on weird meta ideas and Godly Gift, but still a very good team that can also have its use in the regular SM Ubers meta i'm sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)