Mono Grass Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a team for a league a bunch of my friends and I set up. This is the grass leader challenge, and I would really appreciate some feedback. Overall, I rarely have and problem with fires, but flyings and ices are extremely troublesome. Also, we allow all items (one of a kind per team), all moves, and all abilities. The only limit is a cap of two ubers for challengers, and only one for the leader themselves. We do use the species clause, but the sleep clause is optional.

Breloom (M) @ Quick Claw
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Jolly (+Speed, -SpA)
-Spore
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Seed/HP Ghost
-Sky Uppercut

I have been using Breloom forever, and it can decimate someone that makes a mistake. I'm thinking that it might be a bit outdated now though. I hate the potential for a miss with Sky Uppercut. Maybe Force Palm and Technician would be a better choice?

Cradily (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Suction Cups
EVs: 252 SpD, 252 Def, 4 HP
Relaxed (+Def, -Spd)
-Barrier
-Amnesia
-Toxic
-HP Fire

My favorite wall, and the only one that generally survives the flying types. It's screwed by other toxic users, but I'm not sure how to get around that. I've tried a set with Ingrain at one point, but that was pretty terrible. Generally I can take out one or two of their sweepers as people generally underestimate its defenses.

Exeggutor (M) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk, 112 Spd, 140 SpD
Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk)
-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam
-Psychic
-Sleep Powder / Synthesis

The special powerhouse. Since it is a mono grass team, I can't use Drought Ninetales to bring out the sun. Given that Exeggutor survives the first attack, which it generally does, I can either set up with Sunny Day or hope for a hit with Sleep Powder.

Torterra (M) @ Shell Bell
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk, 220 Spd, 36 HP
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
-Wood Hammer
-Earthquake
-Roar
-Crunch

Physical, Earthquake, Roar. Torterra ended up being a kinda catch all. I used to run a Sceptile that had a similar moveset, but I ended up opting for the bulk over the speed.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 SpD, 252 Def, 4 HP
Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
-Stealth Rock
-Spikes
-Power Whip
-Explosion

Generally my follow for Breloom, since either it failed miserably or decimated their team. Pretty standard set, Ferrothorn takes care of all the pleasant entry hazards, plus the opportunity to explode and take a chuck out of something. Ferrothorn is also my only choice against any ice assaults, which is less than preferable.

Shaymin-Sky Forme (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
-Seed Flare
-Air Slash
-HP Fighting
-Synthesis

My final pokémon, and one of my favorites. It's not necessarily the most strategic choice, but I have always loved Shaymin. I use this to power smack whatever needs to be taken down. I used to run Calm Mind Celebi, but I recently switched it up.

This team has had a surprising amount of success, but I'm just not quite confident of my item choices, and I would really appreciate any advice at all. Thanks =]

Well first of all I suggest this kind of Breloom set:

Breloom (M) @ leftovers
Ability: Effect Spore/Technican
Jolly (+Speed, -SpA)
-Spore
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Seed/ Stone edge
-Sky Uppercut/ Force Palm/ Mach Punch

Stone Edge should take care of the flying Pokemon like Staraptor, and Ice like Froslass. To be honest, I never really like Poison Orb so I think the Breloom set is okay (But Max speed + Quick Claw is never good).

Also, have you ever considered adding Sceptile to replace Exegguter. Sceptile has such a wide aresenal of Special attacks and Physical combined with nice speed though Exegutter is still nice if you can pull off Sunny Day. It's your choice if you wanna change since you used Scep before.

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Evs: 252 Speed/ 252 Sp. Attack/ 4 HP
Modest/Timid
-Leaf Storm/ Energy Ball
-HP Ice/ Hp Electric/ Hp Fire
-Synthesis/ Leech
-Focus Blast/ Dragon pulse

Cradily is good but I advise to throw Recover in her set.

Guess thats all I got to say but nice team in general

Breloom (M) @ Quick Claw
Ability: Effect Spore
Jolly (+Speed, -SpA)
-Spore
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Seed/HP Ghost
-Sky Uppercut

I have been using Breloom forever, and it can decimate someone that makes a mistake. I'm thinking that it might be a bit outdated now though. I hate the potential for a miss with Sky Uppercut. Maybe Force Palm and Technician would be a better choice?
Remove Effect Spore ASAP. Brelooms is a frail Pokémon, and thus won't be taking many hits. You'd better run a Techician with Mach Punch, with just one Swords Dance the attack stat will be sky high. With jolly and max IV, it'll be 718. That's SICK. Life Orb would be a much better item than Quick Claw, and having max speed with it isn't worth it.

You could also run a stallset with Toxic Orb, Poison Heal, Substitute and Spore.

Cradily I believe should have stockpile and recover over barrier and anmesia a the instant recovery is awesone and allows better stall and +3 defences is still very good. I would get rid of explosion on ferra as it got weaker this gen so I suggest leech seed as all your team benefits from the extra health.

I would like to present to you the magnificient tangela:

Tangela @Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Special Attack
Bold (+Def, -Att)
-Giga Drain
-Infestation
-Leech Seed
-Synthesis

This dude guys, It's really kind of a powerhouse in a grass team. I've used it many times and my experience says that it can wall attack monsters like Mega-Medicham, Infernape, Heracross, kinds of that... It works really great, believe me. If you team it with a Virizion because of the Knock Off spamming, it works great, giving Virizion a good attack boost. I accept opinions and suggestions.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and since you're new, to join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)