Monotype Community Create-A-Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
Week 2: Primary Ability and Threats

Structure mostly taken from CAP Project
As per the the details of the Concept that was voted on, this will be a Fire/Ice typed Pokemon. Based on this result and on the goals of our concept, we will in this thread be assessing how and to what degree the Pokemon should interact with various other Pokemon in the metagame, both offensively and defensively. The goal is to come up with a list of Pokemon this Concept should threaten in common gameplay scenarios, as well as Pokemon that should threaten the Concept. Here are some preliminary questions to think about in this thread:
  • Going specifically by typing, what Pokemon found in the metagame will be able to comfortably give this Concept trouble?
  • What Pokemon will be major threats to this project right off the bat?
  • What Pokemon have the potential to become counters?
  • What Pokemon may end up as threats, but must be contained or dealt with per the concept?
  • Will the concept succeed with these set list of threats?
  • Is this list of threats acceptable for the project?
  • What Pokemon will be threatened by the Concept based off of typing?
  • Are these Pokemon targets that we want the Concept to hit?
  • Will these targets be "unavoidable" to threaten based solely on the typing?
  • What direction must the project go in now that a set list of basic threats has been identified?
  • What must be done in order to make these threats "wanted counters" or these threats be eliminated from counter discussion?
  • What Pokemon do we want this project to counter entirely?
Obviously, no individual post has to answer every question. Please keep the assumptions minimal (e.g. "Polarized will have at least one STAB") to avoid poll-jumping.

- - - - -

After that, we have the Primary Ability Discussion for our Project's concept! Here, we'll decide our Pokemon's first Ability. The last step in the process was the Threats Discussion, so make sure to read up on what should threaten and be threatened by this Pokemon before arguing in favor of or in opposition to an Ability.

A general ban summary:
  • Custom abilities are banned
  • Abilities only available in Sun/Moon are banned
  • There are ability banlists for the different stages of ability discussion
  • Flavor abilities do not have any place in this thread. Do not bring up flavor reasoning.
The following abilities are banned from this discussion:

Air Lock
Bad Dreams
Color Change
Defeatist
Forecast
Illusion
Imposter
Moody
Multitype
Sand Veil
Shadow Tag
Slow Start
Snow Cloak
Teravolt
Truant
Turboblaze
Victory Star
Wonder Guard
Zen Mode

Big Pecks
Friend Guard
Healer
Honey Gather
Illuminate
Pickup
Run Away
Telepathy

- - - - -

The Concept so far:

Typing: Fire / Ice

Concept:
Name: Polarized

General Description: A Pokemon that has the ability to the facilitate difficult matchups for 2 lower-tiered types, and provide a plethora of amazing coverage, at a price.

Justification: This concept focuses primarily on buffing Fire and Ice, 2 types that are hindered by much more prominent types in the metagame. With this outstanding offensive typing combo, it is able to give Ice a reliable wincon against Steel (something that's good to note Ice has less than a 20% chance to win in that matchup), and give Fire an answer to Dragon. Although this is amazing on paper, this in itself is also a double-edged sword. While offensively this type combination is outstanding, defensively it is one of the worst on the spectrum, stacking 2x weaknesses against Fighting, Ground, and Water, and carrying a 4x weakness against Rock (which also means it'll lose half of its health to Stealth Rock). It's resistances are nothing to be amazed over either, only resisting Bug, Fairy, Grass, and Ice. This is why it is given the name it has, while having one of the best offensive type combinations out there, and the possibility to provide much needed buffs, it does come with weaknesses that cannot be overlooked, which is a good discussion point to talk about if this concept is the winner.

Out of the possible categories, this can fit into 2 of the 3! It definitely falls under Actualization since this inspires very offensive play on a risk vs reward basis. This allows us to explore what possible "rewards" could be given for bypassing these staggering weaknesses. Target would be arguably one of the biggest things this concept stands for, since the original purpose was to ease the Steel matchup for Ice, and the Dragon matchup for fire.

Questions To Be Answered:
-What type of "rewards" can be given in exchange for overcoming its crippling weaknesses?
-What would be the limit of coverage this Pokemon can be given, outside of its already fantastic natural STABs?
-Speed will probably play a big factor in this concept, given it does have awful defensive typing, how much speed would it need to eliminate the threats that plague Fire and Ice, without being overly fast for the rest of the metagame to handle?
-How will this change usage and viability of two types considered to be Low-Tier?
-How will teams this Pokemon is designed to beat handle this new threat?
-Because of the immense amount of coverage it'll potentially have, there needs to be a limit on how much offensive power it'll have, or else it'll be able to break nearly anything it wants in the metagame. What's the limit to how strong this Pokemon will actually be?

Explanation: I pretty much summed it up above. Balance is the most reliable playstyle to run since not only do you have plenty of offense, but you have plenty of walls to make for safe switch ins. This is meant to embellish Fire and Ice's heavily offensive nature as types, and rely greatly on the concept of risk vs reward. While in conjunction with that, it also has the ability to, if played with smartly, to buff Fire and ice's biggest weaknesses, and hopefully increase their viability as types as a whole.
Posting will end at approximately Wednesday October 19th at 11:59 P.M. EST. All posts after will be ignored. Voting for Week 2 begins immediately after Posting ends and will continue until Week 3 starts on October 22nd.

Again, if you have any questions feel free to PM me on PS! or here on Smogon. Other than that, happy posting!

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
With 4x rock weakness, I think that Magic Guard, could be good.
Also can use life orb or focus sash without any problem.
Priority user like Breloom, Azumarill, or Mega-Metagross must be very threatful for it, because they have supereffective priority moves.
Also Accelrock probably should OHKO it :^)

Like david0895 mentioned, Rock is gonna be a huge problem for Polarized, SR especially given how incredibly common it is as an entry hazard. Other types I'd imagine giving it trouble would be Ground, Fighting, and Water (Ground probably being the lesser of these evils because Polarized can also hit back with a supereffective Ice attack). As for individual Pokemon, right off the bat Heatran hard walls it pretty good without strong Fighting or Ground coverage. Excadrill also poses a serious threat, being able to (probably) outspeed it and OHKO it with a supereffective Earthquake or Rock Slide. Priority users in general also pose a considerable threat, especially the likes of Breloom and Azumarill.

Going to the other aspect of this discussion, what exactly this Pokemon can threaten in return, right away Flying Teams struggle against this. A fast Ice Type with Fire coverage to hit Skarmory means serious trouble for that. Grass is another type that'll seriously get murdered by its STAB combination, with Venusaur and Ludicolo being the only viable Pokemon neutral to both of its STABs. Bug types may also experience difficulty against this, especially without Armaldo, Scarf Heracross, or boosting Volcarona prior to it coming out. Lastly, depending on how fast it actually is, Dragon may naturally experience difficulty against it.

In terms of specific Targets, the aim of this project was to be able to facilitate the Steel and Dragon matchups for Fire and Ice teams respectively, which I think with the right stats and ability(es) it will be able to execute. At first glance looking at these, Mega Scizor, Heatran, Dragonite, and Kyurem-B are the checks that can possibly hinder this Pokemon's effectiveness. With that said, I think there are 2 abilities that could function well as a Primary Ability. When talking to iLlama prior to voting starting, we were talking about what type of "rewards" could be given for overcoming its staggering weaknesses including SR. The first I think would be awesome to play around with would be Multiscale! With Multiscale, it as the ability to be able to soft check Mega Scizor, which is an immense threat for Ice Teams, and be able to function as an efficient revenge killer in general, now that damage it takes is halved at full health. The second ability I think would be plausible would be Flash Fire. This allows it to be completely immune to Fire Attacks in general, and gain a nifty +1 Special Attack boost when it takes one. This allows it to almost effortlessly switch into common Fire type Pokemon (or Pokemon choice locked into a Fire Type move), and give Ice Teams a reliable pivot into those.

There's 1 more thing I would like to mention. I would probably disagree with Magic Guard as being 1 of its abilities. iLlama and I brought this up as well when talking about the possibilities we could do for Polarized, and even if we decided to give it a somewhat underwhelming Special Attack stat, it has the ability to threaten quite a bit. With a complete Immunity to SR entirely, this gives it almost no limits to switching in as it pleases, and that could potentially make it broken. I think the weakness to SR is a good limitation so it can't switch around freely, it has to rely on hazard control in order to prove effective, and that'll bring a little more down to earth with the rest of the metagame. Also not to mention with Magic Guard, it would be immune to LO recoil as well (if that does become the popular set to run). This in a sense I think could ruin the "risk vs reward" factor behind the initial concept of this Pokemon. Granted, I could be very very wrong about that since we haven't gotten to its main details such as stats and moves, but in my head that may make it too much for the Monotype Metagame to handle if Magic Guard is given.

Last edited:
For abilities, I have a couple of ideas. Firstly, Levitate removes its weakness to Ground, but still keeps it vulnerable to Rock-type coverage. This gives Fire a Ground-type switch-in and allows MonoCAP 1 (Codename) to safely switch in on Ground-types it can beat while on Ice teams.

Another idea, since we don't want to give MonoCAP 1 immunity to Stealth Rock, maybe it can have Magic Bounce instead. With Magic Bounce, it can make hazard setters scared to set up their hazards while at the same time keeping the Stealth Rock weakness if played around.

The last ability I want to bring up discussion for is Solid Rock. With Solid Rock, MonoCAP 1 can mitigate its 2x weaknesses, making them 1.5x weakness while still having a crippling Rock weakness (3x instead). This let's MonoCAP 1 take on Pokemon with supereffective priority, but still being threatened by its many weaknesses. Depending on what stats we give MonoCAP 1, this may be a little too much however, as if it's super bulky, this is a problem.

Deceit has pretty much covered everything regarding what it threatens and what threatens MonoCAP 1. One thing I do want to bring up is MonoCAP 1 vs Fairy. Thanks to MonoCAP 1's typing, it resists Fairy and can threaten a ton of Fairy-types with it's STAB moves. One Fairy, however, greatly threatens MonoCAP 1, being Azumarill. Azumarill's Aqua Jet will hurt and it's bulky enough to live almost any coverage move thrown at it, depending on MonoCAP 1's stats. Mega Diancie is another threat worth noting, but it doesn't appreciate strong neutral Ice moves upon switch in if it has already Mega'd.

iLlama

A tad off-topic, but I forgot to mention this in opening. If at anytime anyone desires to make art or a drawing for this Pokemon, please feel free to do so. Although it doesn't influence the Pokemon itself at all, it would still be pretty cool to have a visual representation of what we are creating.

iLlama

Week 2: Voting

Now we have come to the voting phase for the Primary Ability. Bold your votes and nothing else! A typical vote might look like the following:

Who you are voting for

Any comments that the voter has would go below the votes in non-bold text. Bold text is used to determine what the user's votes are, so none of the supplementary text should be in bold.

Please post only your votes in this thread. Do not respond to other posts. You are allowed to say whatever you like in relation to your vote at the bottom of your post, but please do not look to begin a discussion. Asking for votes for your submission or for the submissions of others is not allowed.

IMPORTANT: When voting, use only the name of the ability! The list of possible votes include:

Magic Guard
Multiscale
Flash Fire
Levitate
Magic Bounce
Solid Rock

This poll will be open until October 21st. The concept submissions are quoted below in order of submission.
With 4x rock weakness, I think that Magic Guard, could be good.
Also can use life orb or focus sash without any problem.
Priority user like Breloom, Azumarill, or Mega-Metagross must be very threatful for it, because they have supereffective priority moves.
Also Accelrock probably should OHKO it :^)
Like david0895 mentioned, Rock is gonna be a huge problem for Polarized, SR especially given how incredibly common it is as an entry hazard. Other types I'd imagine giving it trouble would be Ground, Fighting, and Water (Ground probably being the lesser of these evils because Polarized can also hit back with a supereffective Ice attack). As for individual Pokemon, right off the bat Heatran hard walls it pretty good without strong Fighting or Ground coverage. Excadrill also poses a serious threat, being able to (probably) outspeed it and OHKO it with a supereffective Earthquake or Rock Slide. Priority users in general also pose a considerable threat, especially the likes of Breloom and Azumarill.

Going to the other aspect of this discussion, what exactly this Pokemon can threaten in return, right away Flying Teams struggle against this. A fast Ice Type with Fire coverage to hit Skarmory means serious trouble for that. Grass is another type that'll seriously get murdered by its STAB combination, with Venusaur and Ludicolo being the only viable Pokemon neutral to both of its STABs. Bug types may also experience difficulty against this, especially without Armaldo, Scarf Heracross, or boosting Volcarona prior to it coming out. Lastly, depending on how fast it actually is, Dragon may naturally experience difficulty against it.

In terms of specific Targets, the aim of this project was to be able to facilitate the Steel and Dragon matchups for Fire and Ice teams respectively, which I think with the right stats and ability(es) it will be able to execute. At first glance looking at these, Mega Scizor, Heatran, Dragonite, and Kyurem-B are the checks that can possibly hinder this Pokemon's effectiveness. With that said, I think there are 2 abilities that could function well as a Primary Ability. When talking to iLlama prior to voting starting, we were talking about what type of "rewards" could be given for overcoming its staggering weaknesses including SR. The first I think would be awesome to play around with would be Multiscale! With Multiscale, it as the ability to be able to soft check Mega Scizor, which is an immense threat for Ice Teams, and be able to function as an efficient revenge killer in general, now that damage it takes is halved at full health. The second ability I think would be plausible would be Flash Fire. This allows it to be completely immune to Fire Attacks in general, and gain a nifty +1 Special Attack boost when it takes one. This allows it to almost effortlessly switch into common Fire type Pokemon (or Pokemon choice locked into a Fire Type move), and give Ice Teams a reliable pivot into those.

There's 1 more thing I would like to mention. I would probably disagree with Magic Guard as being 1 of its abilities. iLlama and I brought this up as well when talking about the possibilities we could do for Polarized, and even if we decided to give it a somewhat underwhelming Special Attack stat, it has the ability to threaten quite a bit. With a complete Immunity to SR entirely, this gives it almost no limits to switching in as it pleases, and that could potentially make it broken. I think the weakness to SR is a good limitation so it can't switch around freely, it has to rely on hazard control in order to prove effective, and that'll bring a little more down to earth with the rest of the metagame. Also not to mention with Magic Guard, it would be immune to LO recoil as well (if that does become the popular set to run). This in a sense I think could ruin the "risk vs reward" factor behind the initial concept of this Pokemon. Granted, I could be very very wrong about that since we haven't gotten to its main details such as stats and moves, but in my head that may make it too much for the Monotype Metagame to handle if Magic Guard is given.
For abilities, I have a couple of ideas. Firstly, Levitate removes its weakness to Ground, but still keeps it vulnerable to Rock-type coverage. This gives Fire a Ground-type switch-in and allows MonoCAP 1 (Codename) to safely switch in on Ground-types it can beat while on Ice teams.

Another idea, since we don't want to give MonoCAP 1 immunity to Stealth Rock, maybe it can have Magic Bounce instead. With Magic Bounce, it can make hazard setters scared to set up their hazards while at the same time keeping the Stealth Rock weakness if played around.

The last ability I want to bring up discussion for is Solid Rock. With Solid Rock, MonoCAP 1 can mitigate its 2x weaknesses, making them 1.5x weakness while still having a crippling Rock weakness (3x instead). This let's MonoCAP 1 take on Pokemon with supereffective priority, but still being threatened by its many weaknesses. Depending on what stats we give MonoCAP 1, this may be a little too much however, as if it's super bulky, this is a problem.

Deceit has pretty much covered everything regarding what it threatens and what threatens MonoCAP 1. One thing I do want to bring up is MonoCAP 1 vs Fairy. Thanks to MonoCAP 1's typing, it resists Fairy and can threaten a ton of Fairy-types with it's STAB moves. One Fairy, however, greatly threatens MonoCAP 1, being Azumarill. Azumarill's Aqua Jet will hurt and it's bulky enough to live almost any coverage move thrown at it, depending on MonoCAP 1's stats. Mega Diancie is another threat worth noting, but it doesn't appreciate strong neutral Ice moves upon switch in if it has already Mega'd.

iLlama

Voting has ended.

It was such a close race between the abilities, that there was a three-way tie. However, I will be making hopefully my first and only vote, rather than !pick, and am voting for Magic Guard. Although Dece1t and I discussed the potential with Magic Guard being extremely dangerous, the statistics can be worked around. Plus, Magic Guard is really the only way I can see this Pokemon being capable of gaining decent usage, since it is weak/neutral to nearly every priority move. With that, the Primary Ability of Magic Guard has been chosen for this Project. Any and all discussion beyond this point will recognize this change.​

Magic Guard - 4
Magic Bounce - 3
Multiscale - 3
Solid Rock - 1

Sorry for the late post as I have been ill the past couple days.
Week 3 will be posted soon.​

iLlama

Week 3: Statistics and Secondary Ability

Hello everyone and welcome to Monotype Community Create-A-Pokemon's stat stage!

This will be the first section in which this project will greatly differ from that of the CAP Project. This is due to the interest of time and to give non-CAP users a handicap when it comes to calculating and deciding upon statistics. For any CAP users that had participating and my have been looking forward to this aspect, my apologies.

Now, with statistics, we have reached a difficult stage in discussing our concept as we will be deciding on what will most likely become the final product of our project's Pokemon. For this section, because we will not be utilizing the CAP Project's BSR calculating system, we will be running on general discretion. This is an extremely important aspect of this stage of the project as you will not only have to know what is and/or isn't broken and explain why, in your post, your stat spread is not only viable and necessary, but manageable and beatable as well. Calculations are necessary for any aspect regarding your statistics at this stage, i.e. Calcs regarding Concept attacking, Pokemon taking Concept's attacks, Pokemon beating the Concept, etc. Generally speaking, as long as it isn't over-the-top as a spread choice, you should be fine.

--- --- ---

We will also be discussing the Concept's Secondary Ability this week.

Some general rules for this discussion:
  • Custom abilities are banned. No exceptions. Posts suggesting custom abilities will be deleted.
  • There are ability banlists for the different stages of ability discussion. Posts suggesting banned abilities will be deleted.
  • Flavor abilities do not have any place in this thread. Do not bring up flavor reasoning. Posts that rely on flavor reasoning will be deleted.
The following abilities are banned from this discussion:

Air Lock
Aura Break
Bad Dreams
Color Change
Dark Aura
Defeatist
Fairy Aura
Forecast
Fur Coat
Huge Power
Illusion
Imposter
Moody
Multitype
Parental Bond
Protean
Pure Power
Shadow Tag
Slow Start
Stance Change
Teravolt
Truant
Turboblaze
Victory Star
Wonder Guard
Zen Mode

Arena Trap
Drizzle
Drought
Magic Bounce
Magic Guard
Prankster
Sand Stream
Snow Warning
Speed Boost

Big Pecks
Friend Guard
Grass Pelt
Healer
Honey Gather
Illuminate
Pickup
Run Away
Symbiosis
Telepathy

Be careful not to discuss any of these abilities. If you want to learn why they're banned from discussion, you can check out the Policy Review threads that created this list here and here.

Due to the nature of the Concept thus far, as well as its Primary Ability, there will be a larger banlist.

Additional Banned Abilities:

Adaptability
Refrigerate
Regenerator
Serene Grace
Sheer Force

Feel free to propose any non-banned ability! There were many good abilities from the Primary Ability Discussion that would work as the Concept's secondary ability. Feel free to propose new abilities too! Just make sure you have solid reasoning for any ability you support. It doesn't need to be a book, but, at the same time, I would like to know what the ability does in relation to the Concept, not what the ability does by itself. Keep in mind that the secondary ability shouldn't overshadow the primary ability, Magic Guard.

For those who need a starting platform, here are a couple of questions:

1. What abilities offer utility different from Magic Guard that will also support the Concept's Fire/Ice Typing?

2. What other abilities would help to target this Concept's threatlist?

When you are satisfied with your stat submission, mark it as finished by writing "Final Submission" (bolded) at the top of your post. Submissions that lack a bolded "Final Submission" at the top of the post when this thread closes will not be slated.

--- --- ---

The Concept so far:

Typing: Fire / Ice
Ability: Magic Guard / ???
Stats: ???

Concept:
Name: Polarized

General Description: A Pokemon that has the ability to the facilitate difficult matchups for 2 lower-tiered types, and provide a plethora of amazing coverage, at a price.

Justification: This concept focuses primarily on buffing Fire and Ice, 2 types that are hindered by much more prominent types in the metagame. With this outstanding offensive typing combo, it is able to give Ice a reliable wincon against Steel (something that's good to note Ice has less than a 20% chance to win in that matchup), and give Fire an answer to Dragon. Although this is amazing on paper, this in itself is also a double-edged sword. While offensively this type combination is outstanding, defensively it is one of the worst on the spectrum, stacking 2x weaknesses against Fighting, Ground, and Water, and carrying a 4x weakness against Rock (which also means it'll lose half of its health to Stealth Rock). It's resistances are nothing to be amazed over either, only resisting Bug, Fairy, Grass, and Ice. This is why it is given the name it has, while having one of the best offensive type combinations out there, and the possibility to provide much needed buffs, it does come with weaknesses that cannot be overlooked, which is a good discussion point to talk about if this concept is the winner.

Out of the possible categories, this can fit into 2 of the 3! It definitely falls under Actualization since this inspires very offensive play on a risk vs reward basis. This allows us to explore what possible "rewards" could be given for bypassing these staggering weaknesses. Target would be arguably one of the biggest things this concept stands for, since the original purpose was to ease the Steel matchup for Ice, and the Dragon matchup for fire.

Questions To Be Answered:
-What type of "rewards" can be given in exchange for overcoming its crippling weaknesses?
-What would be the limit of coverage this Pokemon can be given, outside of its already fantastic natural STABs?
-Speed will probably play a big factor in this concept, given it does have awful defensive typing, how much speed would it need to eliminate the threats that plague Fire and Ice, without being overly fast for the rest of the metagame to handle?
-How will this change usage and viability of two types considered to be Low-Tier?
-How will teams this Pokemon is designed to beat handle this new threat?
-Because of the immense amount of coverage it'll potentially have, there needs to be a limit on how much offensive power it'll have, or else it'll be able to break nearly anything it wants in the metagame. What's the limit to how strong this Pokemon will actually be?

Explanation: I pretty much summed it up above. Balance is the most reliable playstyle to run since not only do you have plenty of offense, but you have plenty of walls to make for safe switch ins. This is meant to embellish Fire and Ice's heavily offensive nature as types, and rely greatly on the concept of risk vs reward. While in conjunction with that, it also has the ability to, if played with smartly, to buff Fire and ice's biggest weaknesses, and hopefully increase their viability as types as a whole.
Posting will end at approximately Wednesday October 26th at 11:59 P.M. EST. All posts after will be ignored. Voting for Week 3 begins immediately after Posting ends and will continue until Week 4 starts on October 29th.

Again, if you have any questions feel free to PM me on PS! or here on Smogon. Other than that, happy posting!

For secondary ability, I'd like to bring up Technician. "Why Technician?" You may ask. Well, Technician, as you all know, boosts the power of moves under 60 BP by 1.5x. Both Fire and Ice actually have a ton of possibilities for powerful Technician boosted attacks. For example, physically, MonoCAP 1 could get Flame Wheel (90 BP without recoil), Ice Shard (60 BP priority), Avalanche (90 BP), and Icicle Spear (37.5 multi-hit). Having powerful STAB options on top of not being able to get burned sounds really nice, doesn't it? Specially, it could get Incinerate (90 BP and burns berries that your opponent might've needed), Icy Wind (82.5 BP and lowers speed) , Frost Breath (90 BP and always crits), and even Hidden Power (90 BP of any type). Plus, this is could work on what the player prefers. Do they want a Fire or Ice type that can actually switch into hazards and absorbs Toxic? Pick Magic Guard. Do you want some extra power as well as the utility of underused moves such as the stat boost ignoring Frost Breath or the Berry-burning Incinerate? Pick Technician.

For Stats, I have an idea. While I feel like everyone is going to make MonoCAP 1 a special attacker, which may be the most optimal, I want to make it a Physical attacker. Why? Immunity to burns, that's why. It makes it a nice burn switch-in on Ice teams when paired with something like Weavile while giving a rare-ish physical attacker to Fire.

Here's the spread:
64/111/70/75/80/100

With these stats, MonoCAP 1 is a somewhat fast and powerful physical attacker. This allows it to be a Dragonslayer for Fire and hit a lot of things really hard in almost any other type. These stats, however, do leave it in the 100 speed tier, typing with Salamence and Flygon, and being outsped by Garchomp, Terrakion, and even Simipour. On top of that, MonoCAP 1 can't switch into a lot due to poor 64/70/80 bulk, but this is made easier by having Magic Guard. However, when it does get in, it will pack a punch.

VS Water: Water would obviously be pretty tough for something with a Fire/Ice typing. For starters, Crawdaunt OHKOs with Aqua Jet and can take anything thrown out it unless with give MonoCAP 1 coverage. Azumarill is the same way, but doesn't quite OHKO with Aqua Jet if Belly Drum. Keldeo OHKOs with Scald and Volcanion OHKOs with Steam Eruption. For bulkier Pokemon, Tentacruel and Lanturn doesn't quite OHKO with Scald, but eats everything. Ludicolo OHKOs with Hydro Pump, but is actually OHKOed outside of Rain, which s nice. Overall, MonoCAP 1 would obviously have a hard time versus Water, unless it got something like Wild Charge or Technician Shock Wave

VS Dragon
: MonoCAP 1 actually OHKOs a lot of Dragons, but is OHKOed by a lot on switch in. Offensive Chomp can live Ice Shard, but is OHKOed by Ice Punch on switch in, however, it's OHKOed Earthquake . Notable Dragons like Multiscale Dragonite and Salamence are OHKOed by Ice Punch, however, they can both OHKO if MonoCAP switches in. Dragalge only live Ice Punch 12.5 percent of the time, but OHKOes back with anything. Basically, if MonoCAP switches in, it's toast, but if it gets to attack, it will shred a lot of things to dust.

VS Steel: I'll maybe edit some explanation here, but I'm tired right now. For, I have some calcs of interest.

Moves: Flare Blitz, Ice Punch (over Icicle Crash for mostly balance), Ice Shard
Ability: Magic Guard
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Jolly

252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 291-343 (108.1 - 127.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 216-254 (80.2 - 94.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 638-752 (237.1 - 279.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Keldeo Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 314-372 (116.7 - 138.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Volcanion Steam Eruption vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 474-560 (176.2 - 208.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Lanturn Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 168-198 (62.4 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mew Flare Blitz vs. 40 HP / 152 Def Lanturn: 142-168 (35.4 - 41.8%) -- 79.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 484-569 (179.9 - 211.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mew Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ludicolo: 305-360 (101.3 - 119.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 SpA Empoleon Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 228-270 (84.7 - 100.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 440-518 (163.5 - 192.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mew Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Garchomp: 317-380 (88.7 - 106.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mew Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Garchomp: 598-707 (167.5 - 198%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Salamence Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 271-319 (100.7 - 118.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mew Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 299-354 (92.5 - 109.5%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
-1 252 Atk Life Orb Mew Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 458-546 (138.3 - 164.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Dragonite Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 328-388 (121.9 - 144.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mew Ice Punch vs. 188 HP / 0 Def Dragalge: 312-369 (98.1 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 300-354 (111.5 - 131.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Mew Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 260-307 (77.8 - 91.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Skarmory Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 144-171 (53.5 - 63.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mew Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 369-437 (113.8 - 134.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Cobalion Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 408-482 (151.6 - 179.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mew Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 611-720 (217.4 - 256.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 665-788 (247.2 - 292.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mew Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 16+ Def Mega Scizor: 614-723 (179 - 210.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
44 Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 127-151 (47.2 - 56.1%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 279-328 (103.7 - 121.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mew Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Metagross: 322-382 (106.9 - 126.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mew Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 253-300 (68 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Empoleon Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 228-270 (84.7 - 100.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 147-174 (54.6 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mew Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Jirachi: 455-538 (133.4 - 157.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mew Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Bronzong: 400-476 (118.3 - 140.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 130-154 (48.3 - 57.2%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mew Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 34-40 (8.8 - 10.3%) -- possibly the worst move ever (#FreeEarthquake)

Alright, so here is the spread I managed to come up with:
76 / 103 / 61 / 111 / 67 / 117 BST: 535

What is the reasoning behind these numbers?

The idea here is to make it a fast Mixed Attacker, noting that it'll more than likely be abusing LO sets the most with Magic Guard preventing recoil/SR damage. The speed tier it hits is just above Starmie, Whimsicott, and the fastest non-scarfed Dragon types available (Latias/Latios). With its Attack stat, I made it high enough to ensure it gets easy OHKO's on things like Mega Pinsir and Hoopa-U (for this one after SR damage), and 2KO Pokemon like Doublade and Kyurem-B, with LO boost and no attack investment off the bat! This means you can really play around with EVs to get the amount of investments you'd need to handle other bulkier threats, such as Chansey or Mew. With its bulk, nothing super fancy here, but I do want it to be susceptible to priority in exchange for the speed tier it has, so Flying can still be able to check it with Dragonite (it's not totally hopeless against this monster!). For Special Attack, I put it at a relatively decent number and at a bit of a higher level than its Attack, so again, it ensures the OHKOS it needs against, this time, most common Dragon types. With this you're encouraged to run a variety of different options, such as a Specially Biased Mixed Attacker, fully Physical (probably with a Choice Band), or fully Special, which can make it pretty unpredictable!

Flare Blitz:
4 Atk Life Orb Mew Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Pinsir: 296-351 (109.2 - 129.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

4 Atk Life Orb Mew Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Kyurem-B: 192-227 (49.1 - 58%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO (-Def because it's used to tank Ice Attacks on Dragon Teams)

4 Atk Life Orb Mew Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Hoopa Unbound: 263-309 (87 - 102.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Life Orb Mew Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 286-339 (44.5 - 52.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

4 Atk Life Orb Mew Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 173-204 (42.8 - 50.4%) -- 41.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Ice Beam:
252 SpA Life Orb Mew Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 315-374 (105.3 - 125%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Mew Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Hydreigon: 374-445 (115 - 136.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Mew Ice Beam vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Latias: 164-195 (45 - 53.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Life Orb Mew Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem: 187-222 (47.8 - 56.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Life Orb Mew Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Zapdos: 265-315 (69.1 - 82.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

This is quite a bit, not even including potential coverage it could get, such as Focus Blast/Close Combat for Heatran, or Volt Switch to pivot out from Water types.

So why Multiscale?
More than likely as I said, Magic Guard will be the most used ability, being able to evade SR and LO damage (and at this rate Flare Blitz recoil too). From an artistic standpoint I see this being a dragon-like bipedal Pokemon made up of sharp icy scales/intruding ice spikes all around its body, so with that I think it would be fitting as an astetic. It could also make as an emergency check to certain threats such as Mega Scizor, SS Abusers, Mega Zard Y, ect. I think despite it loses out to its SR immunity, it's still a good secondary option.

To put this all together, I have a few sample sets to showcase that can put spotlight onto these stats/its abilities.

Polarized @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Ice Beam
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch / Ice Shard

This I think would be the most common set you'd see with this Pokemon. Non-penalty Flare Blitz and Ice Beam make a deadly combo that is able to do heavy damage to a fast majority of the metagame, being walled only by Heatran and Water types. Close Combat would be the means to handle Heatran, landing a very solid 2KO there, and Volt Switch allows it to act as a fast Offensive Pivot, giving some momentum and being able to safely switch out of any dangerous situation (especially against Water Types it cannot handle very well).

Polarized @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Icicle Spear / Icicle Crash
- Close Combat
- Ice Shard

Despite its low base Attack, with a Choice Band and incredible offensive STABs/coverage, this can be a very dangerous set to come across that can wallbreak a pretty large dent of the metagame. Boasting a recoiless Flare Blitz is huge for this Pokemon, giving it a strong 120 base power attack that it can spam as much as you please! Icicle Spear would probably be the recommended Ice STAB because of perfect accuracy, and the fact that it can hit multiple times (which can allow it to break Substitutes rather easily in most cases). Close Combat is given yet again for coverage against Heatran and bulky Rock types. Ice Shard is for priority to revenge kill faster threats.

Polarized @ Choice Specs
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Volt Switch

This is a 3rd set that can be used to check Scizor for Ice Teams (which they do have checks for, but they aren't quite as viable as this could be). Flamethrower and Ice Beam respectively are the STABs, Focus Blast would be to hit Heatran which would otherwise hardwall it, and Volt Switch is for it to easily pivot out of a sticky situation that it could potentially be in. The good thing to note about that is that it would be slightly stronger than the Choice Band set, in exchange for, in my opinion, suboptimal STABs compared to what you could run on the fully Physical set. Nonetheless, a heavy force to be reckoned with if you can keep hazards off.

iLlama and I also played around with additional calcs, I'm just gonna say it right now despite these being considered below-average attacking stats, this thing is deceptively powerful and can 100% function as a wallbreaker if it really wanted to, especially if it gets coverage like Close Combat (which for the record, at only 4 attack investment/LO boosted, it has the ability to just about 2KO Chansey w/o SR even being up). That is why I'd personally recommend to try and keep its offenses generally low, or else it could break pretty much anything it wants.

Last edited:

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
As a second ability, I was thinking about No Guard, because would allow to use Blizzard and Fire Blast without any risk. Also even Icicle Crash and Inferno will never fail.

For the stats, my idea is of a fast but frail mixed attacker: 70 / 115 / 60 / 100 / 80 / 115 (BST: 540)

115 speed is for outspeed all the dragons without a speed boost (scarf, dragon dance, ecc...)

Set used:
MonoCap1 @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard / No Guard
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Spa / 252 Spe
Hasty / Naive Nature
- Ice Beam / Blizzard
- Icicle Crash / Flare Blitz
- Ice Shard
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast

Against Dragon types:

4 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Ice Shard vs. 240 HP / 176+ Def Garchomp: 208-250 (49.8 - 59.9%) -- 96.5% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Ice Shard vs. 240 HP / 176+ Def Garchomp: 255-302 (61.1 - 72.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 134-160 (34.2 - 40.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kyurem-B: 175-207 (44.7 - 52.9%) -- 22.3% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kyurem-B: 212-251 (54.2 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kyurem-B: 175-207 (44.7 - 52.9%) -- 22.3% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kyurem-B: 212-251 (54.2 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 191-226 (48.8 - 57.8%) -- 95.7% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 296-351 (98.9 - 117.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 359-424 (120 - 141.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Latios: 322-382 (107.6 - 127.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Latios: 151-182 (50.5 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 320-377 (99 - 116.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
4 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 281-330 (86.9 - 102.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 351-413 (108 - 127%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 296-351 (91 - 108%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
4 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Hydreigon: 156-187 (48 - 57.5%) -- 90.2% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Latias: 226-268 (62 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Latias: 273-322 (75 - 88.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Ice Beam vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 257-304 (80.5 - 95.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 312-369 (97.8 - 115.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
4 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Icicle Crash vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Latias: 296-351 (92.7 - 110%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
4 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Ice Shard vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Latias: 140-166 (43.8 - 52%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Against Steel types:

4 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 218-257 (65.2 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 424-502 (126.9 - 150.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Skarmory: 283-335 (84.7 - 100.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 289-343 (86.5 - 102.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
4 Atk Abomasnow Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mega Scizor: 336-396 (97.9 - 115.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
4 Atk Abomasnow Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Bisharp: 290-344 (107 - 126.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 179-213 (55.5 - 66.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Doublade: 234-276 (72.6 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Doublade: 283-338 (87.8 - 104.9%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
4 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 572-678 (134.9 - 159.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Excadrill: 304-359 (71.6 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Excadrill: 369-437 (87 - 103%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
4 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 204-242 (48.1 - 57%) -- 68.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Excadrill: 185-218 (43.6 - 51.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 484-577 (137.5 - 163.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Jirachi: 320-377 (93.8 - 110.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
4 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 382-452 (94.5 - 111.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 224+ SpD Jirachi: 289-343 (71.5 - 84.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Flare Blitz vs. 168 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 338-400 (104.6 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Coverage (no pls):

4 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 255-302 (65.2 - 77.2%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kyurem-B: 309-364 (79 - 93%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
4 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Superpower vs. 56 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 255-302 (62.9 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Focus Blast vs. 56 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-B: 309-367 (76.2 - 90.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
4 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 242-286 (62.6 - 74%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 188+ SpD Heatran: 208-247 (53.8 - 63.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 242-286 (74.9 - 88.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 270-320 (83.5 - 99%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
4 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 406-478 (105.1 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 188+ SpD Heatran: 312-369 (80.8 - 95.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
4 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Superpower vs. 248 HP / 80+ Def Tyranitar: 395-468 (98 - 116.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 180 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 322-380 (79.9 - 94.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Defenses (enough to be revenge killed by priority users and faster pokémons):

252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 240-284 (85.4 - 101%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 429-507 (158.3 - 187%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 385-455 (137 - 161.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 148-175 (52.6 - 62.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mega Lopunny Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 102-121 (36.2 - 43%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 110-130 (39.1 - 46.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 110-130 (39.1 - 46.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 139-165 (49.4 - 58.7%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 147-174 (52.3 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
44 Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 144-171 (51.2 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 181-214 (64.4 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 244-288 (86.8 - 102.4%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 259-306 (92.1 - 108.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 285-336 (101.4 - 119.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 510-600 (181.4 - 213.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 165-195 (58.7 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Keldeo Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 314-372 (111.7 - 132.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 536-632 (190.7 - 224.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Mega Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 183-216 (65.1 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Tornadus-T Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 260-308 (92.5 - 109.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
160 SpA Tornadus-T Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 260-308 (92.5 - 109.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 296-348 (105.3 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
For secondary ability, I'd like to bring up Technician. "Why Technician?" You may ask. Well, Technician, as you all know, boosts the power of moves under 60 BP by 1.5x. Both Fire and Ice actually have a ton of possibilities for powerful Technician boosted attacks. For example, physically, MonoCAP 1 could get Flame Wheel (90 BP without recoil), Ice Shard (60 BP priority), Avalanche (90 BP), and Icicle Spear (37.5 multi-hit). Having powerful STAB options on top of not being able to get burned sounds really nice, doesn't it? Specially, it could get Incinerate (90 BP and burns berries that your opponent might've needed), Icy Wind (82.5 BP and lowers speed) , Frost Breath (90 BP and always crits), and even Hidden Power (90 BP of any type). Plus, this is could work on what the player prefers. Do they want a Fire or Ice type that can actually switch into hazards and absorbs Toxic? Pick Magic Guard. Do you want some extra power as well as the utility of underused moves such as the stat boost ignoring Frost Breath or the Berry-burning Incinerate? Pick Technician.
[/HIDE]
You forgot Flame Charge ;)

So why Multiscale?
More than likely as I said, Magic Guard will be the most used ability, being able to evade SR and LO damage (and at this rate Flare Blitz recoil too). From an artistic standpoint I see this being a dragon-like bipedal Pokemon made up of sharp icy scales, so with that I think it would be fitting as an astetic. It could also make as an emergency check to certain threats such as Mega Scizor, SS Abusers, Mega Zard Y, ect. I think despite it loses out to its SR immunity, it's still a good secondary option.
Not agree with this choice: if SR are up, MonoCap1 can't check because it will have only the 50% of the HP.

You forgot Flame Charge ;)

Not agree with this choice: if SR are up, MonoCap1 can't check because it will have only the 50% of the HP.
Again, Magic Guard will probably be the ability thatll more than likely be used the most bc it completely evades that weakness. However, both Fire and Ice do have hazard control, so if SR/Spikes stays off the field, it could actually be very viable on non LO sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)