Team Monotype Premier League III - Week 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
lost in a fine game of Pokemon, gg bro

thanks Misaka Mikoto for buying me, kinda feel like I let you down with my overall shitty performance and internet though

shoutouts to everyone else on the team for testing with me, definitely a fun experience even though we ended up with like half the team banned

hope bucks win the whole thing :)

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Added another loss to my record. ggs
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-585679728
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-585687556

Thanks to my team (Moosical Vid DoW Anty Sae Sae Animus Majulous Dak Prescott Shiba Tyke) for sticking with it to the very end even though we weren't doing well. I'll take the blame for our team's issues. Each of you individually is a great battler and you would shine on a team that could make use of your abilities, but because of my lack of foresight during the draft, some of you were forced to play formats you weren't familiar with. I apologize for that. If I end up managing next year, I'll be sure to plan more carefully for the draft.

Thanks to Bondie for being a great assman. You helped a ton with teambuilding and strategizing. You may be annoying af at times (stop asking me to play you in Scrabble) but I couldn't have managed the team without you.

Thanks to Eien and Dirpz for hosting. I think it's safe to say this season of MPL wasn't perfect, but hosting a tour this big takes a ton of work, so thanks for stepping up.

Good luck to the 4 teams that make it to playoffs!

I forgot to ask how assman was added to smogon's vocabulary for assistant. If someone called me their assman I'd beat their ass.

Well, this mpl was a roller coaster not the best, (with all the drama spewing out between other teams) but can't say I had any regrets coming into this (though I did miss the opportunity to buy myself but was too focused on a plan I had for the draft). It was hard, very hard to get through but I'm glad that each week I did my best as a manager in testing teams, pushing, saying the "don't mind, just brush it off and look forward to next week" sentence, and keeping the determination mindset in my team's heads (yeah I feel like my speeches are pretty cheesy but who else will give you that talk?) I'll say that team tours are pretty difficult to get by due to the constant watching of your teammates, the various viewpoints and actions they have, and unexpected roadblocks.

Clearly I really don't know what to say, you're the most optimistic member on my team who never gave up at all and pushed forth each week. Your attitude lifts my spirits back up each time my mood went south from this mpl. I'm glad I drafted you and you're really awesome!

terrors I've always have faith and expect a lot from you and don't beat yourself up. You've did your absolute best and that's all I could ever ask for. Don't be so nervous going into a match about choking on a play, everybody has been through it! It was nice talking to you more than we did in the past.

KevinELF How did it feel having you play Monothreat? Was it enjoyable? Was it a lot more fun than playing standard mono all the time? I know you wanted to play some SM but I'm glad you decided to take the role in this when he lacked a Monothreat player but you soon adapted well to it. I felt as though I was your coach and trained you hard for the majority of the weeks with constant testing and modifications. It was also cool to interact with you too.

Balto Sorry this MPL experience wasn't good for you, I wanted to make this year (possibly last year) a good one for you and possibly make it to at least the playoffs for you to play again. Thank you for agreeing to be my assman, you've helped me strategize and assist in helping your fellow teammates prepare for their matches. If you do leave, keep in touch with me on discord and best of luck with your future endeavors!

nomadderwhat Even though I didn't really talk to you nor did I want you on my team (no offense since I didn't know who you were and would have taken a gamble) but good job on winning 2 of your 3 matches and helping to stick around to test even during your ban.

Dominatio My pal I met through mono seasonal. Does kind of help to draft a non mono player Overall good job as a first timer 3-3 (could have went for a 4-3 as your final week), I'm glad that a couple of the teams I've given you really helped. Maybe when I'm done with a few shows I'm currently watching I can squeeze in The Last Airbender.

Crestfall Thanks for contributing to the team, I know you wanted a better record and sorry about putting you on Monothreat, was really bad for you. You don't have to apologize so much to me for your inactivity, you had exams (wish I knew ahead of time) and it's better for you put school first before PS. Still, you're always a cool guy who randomly appears in the mono room from time to time, play more of the format!

jiggle Sorry your matches didn't play out even though we tested quite a few times, it was really rough for you this season. In the end, I hope you win your last game and not go a season without a win.

Ridley. I don't have much to say since we barely said anything to each other but good job on your battles and don't let Arifeen talk you into playing against him early, he's bad haha.

Hammy You did great for the most part, but would have been nice if you stayed that way for the rest of the season. Don't give up in something you decide to have an interest in cause if you don't you'll waste your own time. Get your balls up and keep them up in any situation!

Even though we didn't make it to playoffs as much as some of us hoped to, you all did well and this just built a lot of experience and for me to mature as a manager to make more cautious draftings and choices (if I actually do think about managing next time, probably won't). Best of luck to the remaining 4 teams that make it to playoffs and the two who hit the finals. It has been a stormy year for this mpl.

Mikoto out~

Last edited:
I forgot to ask how assman was added to smogon's vocabulary for assistant. If someone called me their assman I'd beat their ass.
Assman is a term in like, every professional sport ever.

And just to everyone else, I have startlingly little to do with this tournament as a whole but I've gotten a fair amount of complaints from like a billion sources. As most of you know I'm lenient as fuck so please just chill out and stop being such insanely aggressive animals about things, enjoy the game and have fun with it. I cannot possibly understand what joy this hobby brings to those who seem to be in a state of anger nearly nonstop, but let us just cool it, and enjoy the playoffs. Thanks and peace

calling act on p2, waited 30 minutes after scheduled time. I'll probably be on later in the afternoon / at night but I can't say exactly when and for how long. If you can get a sub I'll try to play when I have time

Yeah well, W vs my boy Confide
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-586183811

Shout to Zukushiku and Ticktick for helping me this entire season testing teams you both are great friends to me.

Shout out to my two managers Dirpz and omegaxis21 for the great work and the memes, lets try it harder next season. I apologize with both of you.
I could have done more but I give 2 shits about this game and I'm rusty af, you know whats up.

Shout out to all the memers, yall did a great job the entire season you are great players but we got lucked and mu shit happened, well its monotype, it happens.

Btw, this mpl drama was disgusting and yall should be ashamed.

Uhm, somehow I helped Bucks to make playoffs. Disgusting, but I guess some bangladeshi prick should say thanks to me. Yeah, I'm talking about you Zarif
Gl to all the teams in playoffs, mexican memer #1 out.

Close

Asking for sub/dead game for my match against Void. Void posted on my wall earlier today, but I did not see it until around 3 pm my time. When I saw it i looked for him on both ps and smogtours but he was already offline. About an hour later someone said he was on discord and I shot him a pm, but got no response. At this point it's likely he won't get on today so we wont be able to play before deadline. If this match becomes important I can play vs a sub or get an extension to play void, otherwise just make it a dead game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)