Project Monotype Teambuilding Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I was wondering if you could make me a bug type team around Mega Beedrill
Beedrill @ Beedrillite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Protect
-U-turn
-Poison Jab
-Drill Run
This gen you don't need Protect since the mon gets the Speed of the mega the turn it megaevolves, so you can run something like Knock Off, Pursuit or Sword Dance

Tornadus-Therian Rain Balance

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn / Heat Wave
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- Superpower

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 112 Def / 152 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Earthquake

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Roost
- Toxic
- Defog

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam

Thundurus-Therian @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Agility
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Pelipper @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hurricane
- U-turn

Well, honestly, I can't say I am a fan of Leftovers Torn w/o U-Turn so I tweaked it so the set was a little more viable, but you're more than welcome to use your original set. Regardless, when I saw Torn-T, I really couldn't think of a better way to fit it on a team without it being completely outclassed by Mega Pidgeot other than Rain so, I went with Rain. Rain Flying is pretty interesting and different but it does have some merit defensively and offensively. For example, Celesteela can take Fire hits much better and Tornadus-Therian and Thundurus-Therian now have perfect accuracy Hurricanes and Thunders respectively. The general way of winning with this team is to weaken answers to Thundurus-Therian like Mega Venusaur and Chansey with Torn. The other mons are general support so you don't fall flat defensively. Mantine helps with opposing Rain Teams and as the best Water switch-in Flying has to offer, Gliscor is the rocker, Physical Rock switch-in and Electric Immunity which puts less pressure on Thundurus-T and Celesteela is the Steel type, which is essential for resisting things like Latios etc. Beware of Bolt Beam Magearna, not much else I can say about that.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Slowking @ Psychium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spa / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Surf

My boi Jo' Z will make me a sick team with OTR slowking right?? (Either type btw idc)

Last edited:

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people

ThotPrince
Diggersby @ Focus Sash
Ability: Huge Power
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Earthquake / Knock Off

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 27 Def
- Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Polish

Garchomp @ Groundium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Substitute

This was a pretty interesting core to build around and I ended up running through about 5 different builds with things like Auto/Curse Mega Steelix with screens support, which ended up being impossible to setup but could decimate if I was able to get a couple boosts off, to Z-Safeguard Golurk with PuP. Ultimately I ended up with sandless Ground that I tried to build around being able to manage Bug and Psychic like you asked, but also being a capable team against types like Fairy, Flying, and Water. Starting off, I decided to change up the sets for both Diggersby and Landorus quite a bit to really focus on what roles they should be performing. I turned your
set into a Spikes suicide lead version with a Focus Sash so that not only could you get up hazards and get a hit off, but you could also preserve it in case you would need the Sash to check threats in certain matchups such as with Mega Sharpedo or DD Magearna. I ended up giving it dual STAB with a priority option in Quick Attack in case you can't outpace a threat after Diggersby's Sash is broken. I also generally preferred using Earthquake over Knock Off so that Diggersby didn't just turn into setup bait against resistant Mega's and Z Move users, although Knock can help to check Choice users and crippling defensive cores, such as Normal's Evio core. Frustration is mandatory to avoid allowing relatively free setup by Pokemon that could 6-0 your team such as Mega Gyarados. With your
set I chose to change it slightly after adding Nidoking and Seismitoad into the mix. I changed Sludge Wave to Rock Slide in order to provide a solid check to Bug- and Flying-types, namely Volcarona and Mega Charizard Y, while also giving Landorus pseudo-EdgeQuake coverage. I decided to change Substitute to Hidden Power Ice in order to catch opposing teams off guard, especially with regards to threats that could really punch some serious holes into this team through raw power, such as DD Landorus-T, Z-Fly Salamence, and even an opposing SD Garchomp. This also gives you a Pokemon that can pretty much dismantle Flying and Ground teams late-game, especially after a Rock Polish. Since Landorus is now carrying physical coverage as well, I gave it a Hasty Nature as well, providing relatively even bulk in both defenses. As for the last four members of the team, it basically came down to what the team needed, namely assured speed control, a wallbreaker to pair with Landorus, a Water check, and a setup sweeper/Z-move user. The first of these being
, which with Choice Scarf and Steel STAB can help to alleviate the overbearing threat that Fairy's Choice Scarf Tapu Bulu carries within the metagame as well as putting out fairly reliable damage thanks to Mold Breaker removing any Ground immune shenanigans. It's final move is Rapid spin over additional coverage namely for aiding in preserving Diggersby's Focus Sash as well as removing Sticky Web which can easily sway the team's matchup against Bug well into the latter's favor. Next up on the team I chose to go with
, but carrying only Poison STAB in order to maximize its breaking potential for bothersome defensive cores for Ground teams, namely Flying. This set does come with some risks however, as it is now much more difficult to break Steel's defensive core if your opponent still has a healthy Heatran. Since Nido is cursed with 4MSS and because the types this team would struggle with the most, i.e. Flying, Water, Grass, can be shredded by this set, I felt that running BoltBeam coverage was simply too good to pass up on. I also gave Nidoking 27 IVs in Defense in order to make it 1 point lower than its SpD, protecting it from being Download bait for Porygon-Z, which could potentially 6-0. After Nido, I decided to bring in the team's Water check through the form of
, helping to keep the momentum for this already offensive team and providing some much needed utility options in Stealth Rock and Toxic as well. I went with Sludge Bomb over Sludge Wave to give a greater chance for poisoning a target while giving up a meager 5 power. Scald was added for Seismitaod's best Water STAB and for fishing for important Scald burns as well. Lastly, I decided to go with Groundium Z
to round out the team and provide the team with a solid setup sweeper. With this set, you have the option of using a Tectonic Rage for a 175 BP nuke.

Last edited:
I'd like to see a Fire team around this thing although i know it's not the best option:

Salazzle (F) @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Oblivious
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Feel free to change the type of the hidden power if you feel HP Ice or HP Ground may be more useful.
Reserved

GoldenTorkoal

Salazzle @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Corrosion
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Yawn
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rotom-Heat @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

Immediately after I saw that this was a Fire team, the first team member to appear alongside Salazzle was Torkoal. It should be pretty self-explanatory, setting up rocks, removing hazards, and setting up sun, while also being a nice physical tank. The next step was deciding the Charizard mega, and out of the 2, I felt as though Mega Charizard X would work better alongside Salazzle due to how well it did in the Electric matchup. However, if you think Mega Charizard Y would work better to improve the Water and Ground matchups, you're welcome to it. Afterward, I needed a Nihilego check, so I decided to go with Scarf Infernape. Earthquake works nice for always KOing Nihilego, but you can run Stone Edge if you want to hit Pokemon like Mantine, Araquanid, and Dragonite. For the next mon, I went with stallbreaking Heatran. Specially defensive Heatran is also nice for Nihilego, but I love how well it can do against Toxapex, which is a big problem for just about any Fire team. Magma Storm, Taunt, and Earth Power are all pretty self-explanatory, but for the last move, I decided on Hidden Power Ice in order to take on lead Garchomp in the Dragon matchup. It can also revenge kill Dragonite after Stealth Rock, which is always a nice benefit to have. But Flash Cannon definitely works as well. For the last mon, I decided on screens Rotom-Heat, which I thought synergized extremely well with the team. Not only did it give Salazzle and Mega Charizard X easier setup opportunities, but it also formed a defensive core with Torkoal as a decent special tank that could switch into Tapu Koko, which is undoubtedly a large problem. Additionally, it formed a VoltTurn core with Infernape to generate some nice momentum. You could potentially replace Overheat with Will-O-Wisp or even Pain Split if you feel like those are better, but I liked Overheat as a strong attack to make it less passive. Overall, really hope you enjoy the team :)

Hello everyone :] , Can anyone make me a fighting team around Gallade-mega , I don't have a particular set but I usually prefer a bulk up drain punch(a gen 6 build) cause it's more stable than the sd cc nuke and helps in longevity which can be invaluable in certain matchups I know fighting is a hyper offensive type so feel free to change sets if needed . Tq in advance

StarBlim
OTR Slowking Water Balance

Slowking @ Psychium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Surf

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 Spe
Bold Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Defog
- Moonblast

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Stealth Rock
- Roar / Stone Edge

Yooo Blim, not much to say about this team here, you know what OTR Slowking does to the meta lol. I added SD Feraligatr because I thought it could pair well with King in and outside of TR, especially vs Psychic. Scarf Gren as a general Revenge Killer to deal with stuff like Volc and Zard Y as well as various Dragons. Fini for Defog, Toxapex as a Zard Y switch in and Mega-Pert for Rocks. I can flesh this desc out later. Will flesh this out later lol.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
When the previous submission gets ignored :/

But anyway, I'd like to see a Fire team around this core:

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Steam Eruption
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave

I always found Alolan Marowak to be a nice pick on Fire teams due to being able to switch into and threaten Tapu Koko. Volcanion is a really nice special wallbreaker and Azumarill check, which is definitely appreciated by Fire teams. You can change the Alolan Marowak's or Volcanion's spread if you want something bulkier. Overall, it would be really cool to see a Fire team with this core.

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello,requesting a water team built around cloyster and Tapu fini. Tapu fini is good partner for cloyster imo as it can clear off hazards with defog and provide immunity to status moves thanks to misty terrain which helps cloyster in setting up shell smash to clean/sweep. Thank you.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Defog
- Moonblast

Hey guys I was wondering if you could make me a bug type team around Mega Beedrill
Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Jolly Nature
-Knock Off
-U-turn
-Poison Jab
-Drill Run
Edit: Changed Protect to Knock Off
Reserved

Snikz

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Pursuit

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Quiver Dance

Galvantula @ Life Orb
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sticky Web

Buzzwole @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Leech Life
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Superpower

So I decided to replace Knock Off with Pursuit on the Mega Beedrill set, since this would allow me to catch Victini when it tries to switch out after a V-Create. After adding Mega Beedrill, the next team member was the single most important Pokemon to just about any Bug team: Volcarona. I went with the standard Firium Z set as a powerful nuke capable of breaking through some of its defensive checks. Hidden Power Ground is mainly for having an easier time in the Steel matchup once Heatran's Air Balloon is popped. But if you want something to do decent damage against Pokemon like Dragonite and Latios, you can run Hidden Power Ice, but I wouldn't think that's necessary considering the team's other checks to these Pokemon. I needed some extra speed control with Sticky Web, and Galvantula is without a doubt the best Sticky Web setter for Bug teams. I went with Life Orb as the item to increase its damage output and allow it to not only threaten Toxapex, an incredibly large threat to Bug teams, but to generally have a stronger presence in the Water and Flying matchups. However, if you feel like guaranteeing Sticky Web is more important, you're free to run Focus Sash on it. Next I needed a Scarfer, and since the Dragon matchup didn't look too great, I went with Buzzwole over Heracross. Buzzwole had infinitely better physical bulk, being able to comfortably switch into Earthquakes, while also having some solid sustain with Leech Life. A potential option over Leech Life could be Earthquake if you want to revenge kill Tapu Koko. Next came the essential roles of a Stealth Rocker and Rapid Spinner. And between Armaldo and Forretress, Armaldo generally performs better in my opinion. Finally, I went with Scizor as another pivot with solid priority and generally decent natural bulk. While Choice Band sets are great for Bug, you can opt to go for a Swords Dance set if you feel as though you could use another setup sweeper. Overall, I have honestly had a lot of fun testing this team out, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

When the previous submission gets ignored :/

But anyway, I'd like to see a Fire team around this core:

Jolly Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Steam Eruption
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave

I always found Alolan Marowak to be a nice pick on Fire teams due to being able to switch into and threaten Tapu Koko. Volcanion is a really nice special wallbreaker and Azumarill check, which is definitely appreciated by Fire teams. You can change the Alolan Marowak's or Volcanion's spread if you want something bulkier. Overall, it would be really cool to see a Fire team with this core.
RESERVED

Seo.

Nice guys always finish last...
skysolo14

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Extrasensory

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Fire Blast

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 248 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Shadow Sneak

Honchkrow @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
Lonely Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Heat Wave

Hey! Sorry for the wait i was out of town, but heres your Mega Tyranitar team that i went on an offensive route with. Focus Sash Bisharp is to set up rocks as you lose that opportunity when running DD Tyranitar to help get off chip damage. This team also lacks a Defogger, thus i chose Taunt on Bisharp to prevent things from setting up hazards. Alolan Muk helps with Fairy-types as Dark is normally weak to things like Mega Gardevoir. Like Bisharp, Hydreigon can run Taunt to prevent things from setting up hazards and firing off status, and runs Life Orb to give off more damage. Honchkrow is personally the funnest mon to use on dark, Flynium Z can be used to OHKO things allowing you to get the Moxie boost, and with the lack of priority from Bisharp its also your source of priority w/ Sucker Punch. Lastly, Scarf Greninja is one of the fastest mons allowing it to outspeed things like Tapu Koko and Scarf Bulu as it gets access to Gunk Shot. Hope you enjoy it, pm me here or on PS! if you got any questions.

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist
I'd like to see an Electric team around Choice Band Thundurus:

Thundurus @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Wild Charge

It sucks that Thundurus isn't used too often on Electric, since it can be a really great physical wallbreaker that can aid in the Normal and Psychic matchups. With Defiant, the threat of bulky Staraptor switching in in the Normal matchup isn't much of a concern. Here are a few calcs against Normal:

+1 252 Atk Choice Band Thundurus Superpower vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Staraptor: 243-286 (65.4 - 77%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Choice Band Thundurus Superpower vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 476-562 (67.7 - 79.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Thundurus Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 186-220 (49.7 - 58.8%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO

Some nice teammates could be Alolan Golem for obvious Stealth Rocking reasons, as well as Rotom-Wash and Alolan Raichu to do nicely in the Ground matchup. Overall would really like to see a team around this.
I'll try my hand at this.

smub
Marowak-Alola + Volcanion Fire Offense

Jolly Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Steam Eruption
- Earth Power / Hidden Power [Electric]
- Sludge Wave

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Roost / Earthquake

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake / Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Talonflame @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz / Aerial Ace / Taunt

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Yawn

Well, here's what I cooked up. AlolaWak + Volcanion is a pretty slow core so my first thought was that Talonflame would work perfectly with them. Talonflame adds Tailwind support to help them break through teams while also being a potent Late Game Cleaner w/ SD. Flare Blitz can be replaced w/ Aerial Ace in case you feel like you absolutely need the priority late game or Taunt to prevent Rocks etc. This was paired with a Standard Zard X which is also supported by Tailwind and helps tremendously vs Dragon with that in mind. Scarf Nape for Fast Revenge Killer for opposing scarfers, namely Nihilego. Last is Torkoal for Spin, Rocks and Sun.

Enjoy!

Hello,requesting a water team built around cloyster and Tapu fini. Tapu fini is good partner for cloyster imo as it can clear off hazards with defog and provide immunity to status moves thanks to misty terrain which helps cloyster in setting up shell smash to clean/sweep. Thank you.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Defog
- Moonblast
Reserved

Victini @ Firium Z
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Flame Charge

Gothitelle @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Energy Ball
- Psychic

found this core in the MPL sets thread and it caught my eye. i'd love to have a team built around this. i would prefer if it was a bulky offensive or a balance team. thanks!

Last edited:
Hello everyone :] , Can anyone make me a fighting team around Gallade-mega , I don't have a particular set but I usually prefer a bulk up drain punch(a gen 6 build) cause it's more stable than the sd cc nuke and helps in longevity which can be invaluable in certain matchups I know fighting is a hyper offensive type so feel free to change sets if needed . Tq in advance
Reserved

Shine Drive

Gallade-Mega @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Spore

Pangoro @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

I decided to try out the Bulk Up Mega Gallade set, and while it didn't have as much power as SD sets after the first turn of setup, its more sustained presence can be of better use in the Poison MU when Crobat tries to revenge kill it. Fighting teams rely on good speed control, and what better than to add Fighting's best Scarfer in Terrakion. I then needed a special wallbreaker, so Keldeo went on the team. I had Icy Wind as a means of improving the Dragon MU, but Hidden Power Electric another option if you want to hit Mantine and Slowbro. Next came the Stealth Rocker, and I decided on Cobalion, since I really liked the utility it offered over Infernape. I went with Thunder Wave for some further speed control, but Volt Switch is another option if you want a pivot. Breloom was an easy pick thanks to its amazing Spore utility and its nice Grass STAB. I run Adamant simply for the extra power, but you can change it to Jolly if you want to outspeed some Seismitoad variants and Adamant Mamoswine. Finally, I began to realize how weak the team was to Ghost, so I decided to try out Scrappy Bandgoro. It can completely tear through the troublesome Mega Sableye+Jellicent defensive core, and it can even threaten to revenge kill Mimikyu with Bullet Punch. The final move is Earthquake in order to hit Toxapex, but Fire Punch can also work to hit Skarmory and Mega Scizor.

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people

Victini @ Firium Z
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Flame Charge

Gothitelle @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Energy Ball
- Psychic

found this core in the MPL sets thread and it caught my eye. i'd love to have a team built around this. i would prefer if it was a bulky offensive or a balance team. thanks!
Reserved

Hello, requesting a Ghost team built around Trick Room Cofagrigus. Cofagrigus has good defensive stats (145 Defense, 105 Special Defense) to tank some hits, as well as learning Nasty Plot to boost is Special Attack under Trick Room to start sweeping with the help of Ghostium Z. The team can be either based on Trick Room or not, but i feel Trick Room is the better way to build with this thing.

Cofagrigus @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Will-O-Wisp / Hidden Power Fighting
- Trick Room

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist
unfort i havent been able to get around to building a team with smub's request, been hella busy with irl stuff as of late. consider my reservation dropped thanks.
he'll probably change it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)