Monster Hunter General Discussion

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah I'm just grinding boring quests as I go. Almost done with 5 stars offline.

X has been really easy compared to 4U/G. Even online mode solo is a breeze.

Requiring tickets to fight the special monsters is a really dumb feature imo.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I just bought 99 tickets to the black flame king rathalos.
I want the armor.
But I'm not really sure what I can do with the armor apart from showing off-- because black flame king is probably the most difficult monster in X, so what am I going to fight with when I have the armor??

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Ember Dinovaldo, Amatsu, Alatreon, etc. are all a good deal more difficult. I also have a feeling that we'll get some difficult DLC as well.

As a tip, Black Flame King Rathalos is only immune to flash bombs until you break one of its wings. Mount it or trap it, then break a wing. It's really not bad at all after that because you can just knock it out of the sky with a flash for a few seconds of free hits.

Cresselia~~

Finally got my black flame king armor.
But I still forget I can attack when the monster roars. Takes a while to get used to it, I think.

2 things, 1: is it just me, or is it that whenever in 4U, if a monster's attack would have almost killed you, instead of leaving you a sliver of health left, it just kills you instead? Also, 2: Can I buy sleep sacs? I don't wanna have to kill or capture the Nerscylla anymore to try to get them ;-;.

Cresselia~~

2 things, 1: is it just me, or is it that whenever in 4U, if a monster's attack would have almost killed you, instead of leaving you a sliver of health left, it just kills you instead? Also, 2: Can I buy sleep sacs? I don't wanna have to kill or capture the Nerscylla anymore to try to get them ;-;.
I don't think I quite understand you. But from what I know, many monsters in 4U are strong enough to directly kill you in one blow.
So, if you don't evade properly, it is normal for you to die.

Eh, I think I just forget how much damage an attack will do, so I think it'll leave me with a sliver of health, but it actually kills me. Sorry.

Cresselia~~

Got my black flame king armor now, but quickly wanted something else.
Am collecting materials from that special tigarex, so I can get a new armor.

I'm pretty sure I'd be accused for living under a rock but...

Aww yiss. I'm ready than ever to deplete the nation's fauna of primal baddies for fashion and leisure securing the safety of the villages from these looming threats! Again. For hundreds of hours...

I think I logged more than 700 hours into my MH4U (my first introduction to the series, btw) I mean, needless to say, I got hooked real hard. I was readily captivated by the deep and varied combat system and a slew of unique monsters to go with it (add in the fact I can pimp up my character and look stylin' whilst barraging them with my bug buddy and my pogo stick). Every battle seems different which kinda makes up for the grind-heavy and repetitive aspects of the game; the fights didn't wore thin easily at all. This and the thrill of overcoming a hard monster just leaves you wanting more. The hunt must go on!

Anyways, real excited for MHGen! Brought new things to the table to spice up the hunting experience more.

Cresselia~~

Just don't put too much hope into Generations.
It's way easier than Monster Hunter4 and Ultimate.
It no longer has the same thrill as playing MH4. Bushido style is making the game insanely easy. You can still play Guild style, which isn't that much different from 4U, but it isn't making things difficult neither.

Cresselia~~

Looks like the next MH game will be Monster Hunter Stories.
I wonder what it is, and will it contain G ranked quests!

nintendo.png

Just don't put too much hope into Generations.
It's way easier than Monster Hunter4 and Ultimate.
It no longer has the same thrill as playing MH4. Bushido style is making the game insanely easy. You can still play Guild style, which isn't that much different from 4U, but it isn't making things difficult neither.
Shame. Loved the difficulty. Wnd what other styles are there if I may ask? Do any of them make the game more difficult/fun?

Shame. Loved the difficulty. Wnd what other styles are there if I may ask? Do any of them make the game more difficult/fun?
Yeah, Bushido style seems to be trivializing the experience from what I've read so far. Apparently, the frames to successfully pull of an evade is very forgiving, more so than i-frame abuse with Evade +3 (though I hope the poster was just exaggerating).

Other than Bushido, there are Aerial and Striker style. Aerial style replaces your normal roll to a "somersault". When you land on a monster, a bomb, or even players(!), you'll vault up and you can then perform unique aerial attacks. Striker style, just lets you charge your hunter art gauges faster. You can get three Hunter Arts in Striker so yeah, this style wants you to abuse them. In all of them, an attack or two is removed so that's one thing to consider when picking your style. Some may not appeal to others, like when the missing attack is too debilitating and the niche offered by the style not worth it.

I haven't played it yet, but ones that look fun and promising for me are Aerial IG, Bushido Bow, and Striker SnS.

Aerial IG may seem pointless at first glance, and I remember sharing the same sentiment but after more info about the controls surfaced, there's a bit more going on for it. In this style, you gain a new pole vault motion. It propels you forward very far so this would be great for closing gaps between you and the monster. What draw me into IG was its fluid motions and good mobility. The addition of the new pole vault is just icing on the cake.

Bushido Bow looks cool and you just lose Arc Shot so why not lol. Personally, I don't roll much when I bow so I don't think bushido evades would be a major factor in my gameplay. It can cheat me out of sticky situations if my positioning is shit, so having that safety net is much welcomed, especially considering the frailty of gunners.

SnS has three cool and nifty offensive Hunter Arts and getting all of them is a treat, only at the price of losing the charged backhop slash. The "roundhouse slash" has invincibility frames for the whole duration of the animation; this will find the most utility I'd imagine. The "combo attack" is a flashy 6-7 hit combo with an inner Mind's Eye property. I guess this would be nice to use against a downed monster or when you have a large opening? For the "shield uppercut", it can be a nice way to catch monsters on air if timed correctly. With all of these, together with the new coating mechanics, I'd imagine Striker SnS to be a powerhouse.

After spending some time with the demo, I've gotta say, the new Styles have really opended me up to pretty much every weapon in the game (besides GL, hate that thing).

In MH4U I was a SnS main, so naturally I enjoy fast paced, dodgey, hit and run weapons. I played pretty much only SnS, Glaive, and sometimes GS, but I would rarely play others. Granted I tried the Lance and liked it (Evade Lancing), as well as the DBs, but I felt like in MH4U SnS > DB was the way to go due to the fact that I didn't have to dedicate my attacks to one area in order to have competitive DPS.

But in MHX, the Hunter Styles have opened up a door to a whole new world of Hunting. I'm using shit like the Switch Axe, a weapon I absolutely hated, because now I can be aggressive without bothering my teammates via the Aerial Style. I'm using the Bow, a weapon I had never even thought to try in MH4U; as nerd said, Bushido is just too damn good because you get a full charge in less time, for less stamina, just by doing what you would naturally do anyways. I'm not much of a fan of Striker, perhaps that's because we dint get the Level 3 moves in the demo, but specific Weapons are given quirks through the Striker Style that I like "I.e. the Lance loses its double 3rd strike, which is good for me because I'm an Evade Lancer). What I think of when I say Guild is SnS, because it's just good ol SnS.

I think MHX is gonna be the best one yet. Is quite refreshing and I'm having mad fun.

What Weapons so you guys like the best?

With what Styles?

Hat weapon will you be solo'ing with?

Are you new to the series? If not, what game did you start with?

Get hype for July 15th!

After spending some time with the demo, I've gotta say, the new Styles have really opended me up to pretty much every weapon in the game (besides GL, hate that thing).

In MH4U I was a SnS main, so naturally I enjoy fast paced, dodgey, hit and run weapons. I played pretty much only SnS, Glaive, and sometimes GS, but I would rarely play others. Granted I tried the Lance and liked it (Evade Lancing), as well as the DBs, but I felt like in MH4U SnS > DB was the way to go due to the fact that I didn't have to dedicate my attacks to one area in order to have competitive DPS.

But in MHX, the Hunter Styles have opened up a door to a whole new world of Hunting. I'm using shit like the Switch Axe, a weapon I absolutely hated, because now I can be aggressive without bothering my teammates via the Aerial Style. I'm using the Bow, a weapon I had never even thought to try in MH4U; as nerd said, Bushido is just too damn good because you get a full charge in less time, for less stamina, just by doing what you would naturally do anyways. I'm not much of a fan of Striker, perhaps that's because we dint get the Level 3 moves in the demo, but specific Weapons are given quirks through the Striker Style that I like "I.e. the Lance loses its double 3rd strike, which is good for me because I'm an Evade Lancer). What I think of when I say Guild is SnS, because it's just good ol SnS.

I think MHX is gonna be the best one yet. Is quite refreshing and I'm having mad fun.

What Weapons so you guys like the best?

With what Styles?

Hat weapon will you be solo'ing with?

Are you new to the series? If not, what game did you start with?

Get hype for July 15th!
Bowshido all the way! Apart from the level 3 charge on an evade, another perk of the style is the loss of the arc shot. It may not seem much, but it does have an implication in maintaining DPS. In Generations, bow now has an innate arc shot and power shot. In guild, you perform the former if you press A while charging. If after a shot you pressed A, you do the latter. What I like about bushido is that you can go straight for a power shot while charging - basically how a power shot bow plays out in the previous titles. This is good for times that you can't dish out a fully charged shot (because of monster closing in on you, etc.); squeeze in a power shot while charging then evade accordingly.

I'm a 4U baby so I'm excited to fight the "new" monsters; Agnaktor, Lagiacrus, Nibelsnarf, etc.

Have you gotten it yet?

Bowshido all the way! Apart from the level 3 charge on an evade, another perk of the style is the loss of the arc shot. It may not seem much, but it does have an implication in maintaining DPS. In Generations, bow now has an innate arc shot and power shot. In guild, you perform the former if you press A while charging. If after a shot you pressed A, you do the latter. What I like about bushido is that you can go straight for a power shot while charging - basically how a power shot bow plays out in the previous titles. This is good for times that you can't dish out a fully charged shot (because of monster closing in on you, etc.); squeeze in a power shot while charging then evade accordingly.

I'm a 4U baby so I'm excited to fight the "new" monsters; Agnaktor, Lagiacrus, Nibelsnarf, etc.

Have you gotten it yet?
Have I? I've put in over 24 hours and it dropped last week! I might as well take a day and a half and make it a Monster Hunter Holiday, because I've been thoroughly enjoying myself with this game. I'm taking my time progressing through the story and playing with other Hunters online. And while I do plan to use Bowshido as part of one of my main line up Weapons/Style, I've been using the CB through the story and good ol SnS online. I've just entered High Rank, so I'm just now building up my arsenal.

aerial switchaxe has made hunting rathian actually fun again
I haven't jumped on the Aerial SwagAxe train just yet, but what I can say is that I'm not prone to instantly kick a SA player online anymore because it pulls it's weight and does it's job so well. In fact, I'd say I'm pleased to have them apart of my team now.

Also follow me on 3DS @ 3669-0931-7444.

Happy Hunting!

Catherine Walker

Banned deucer.
If a quest isn't yours or very useful to you, work as if it was your own. The Monster Hunter community is very nice, but the implications of gullibility that brings is false.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)