1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Regiultima115

Regiultima115

In Gen IV, there aren't any. If you're referring to Gen III, I have no idea.
  2. Unknown Warrior

Unknown Warrior

How does Method H-1 correlate to Method 1? Frame/Seed offset-wise?
  3. SteveKanonfreak

SteveKanonfreak

Hello,

I wanted to RNG a Shiny Articuno on cartridge.
    Is there anyway because it doesn't matter how much i increase the frame. I can't get good IVs + shininess.
  4. Skymin_Flower

Skymin_Flower It's Seed Flare time.

Usually up to a few hundred off frame-wise, and the order is not the same so it isn't as simple as adding + 100 frames to the Method 1 spread, for example. Spreads are the same though.

You need to RNG your TID / SID combo first, otherwise you are right, you cannot get good IVs + shininess (I am assuming this is 3rd or 4th gen).
    SteveKanonfreak likes this.
  5. SteveKanonfreak

SteveKanonfreak

Yes, Gen IV. I already have my TID/SID. I already bred some shiny Pokemon with good IVs.
    I was just wondering because some people have shiny legendaries from Gen IV.

Thanks for the answer!
  6. Skymin_Flower

Ah it is because an Egg's PID + IVs are generated seperately. So you can RNG for a PID that will be shiny, and THEN RNG for the good IVs. With legendary Pokemon (or wild Pokemon) the PID + IVs are generated together, by a method called Method K (for HG/SS). So as a result, good IV spreads are very limited, so you need to start a new file and specifically RNG a TID / SID combo to make one of those spreads shiny :)
  7. Unknown Warrior

Unknown Warrior

How come some spreads don't show up in H1 under the same seed then?
  8. Skymin_Flower

Could you give me a specific example?
  9. Unknown Warrior

Unknown Warrior

Well I'm trying for a shiny Adamant 5IV Nincada in Ruby.
    5/6 4/5 tried flawless Adamant spreads don't show up under H-1.
    eg: PID C5247904, occurs first on seed 7040 frame 88957. If I enter that seed into RNG reporter, it will list a 5IV Adamant spread under Method 1, but not under Method H-1.
    The only PID I found that did show up under H-1 is A777C735, but that's just encounter slot 1, and I need 2 and 4.
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
  10. Skymin_Flower

I don't know why I asked because I can't actually use RNG Reporter now............ silly of me.

I'm trying to remember how exactly I did this.. it's been a while. I may have literally just run through all 4.2 (ish) billion combinations on RNG Reporter lol.

And by the way I just checked a couple of my wild Sapphire RNGs. Most of them are Method H-4 and I remember encountering a solid mix of H-2 and H-4, rather than H-1. I know a lot of places say that R/S wilds are Method H-1 only but I am pretty sure that is not that case.
  11. Unknown Warrior

Unknown Warrior

Really?
    I used lua scripts on emulator to check IVs of wild Pokémon and they were consistently Method-1 IVs, not 2 or 4.
  12. .com

.com Grumpy old man
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Since you appear to be asking an RNG related question, I'll direct you to this thread.

Also, you need to specify a nature. That IV spread definitely exists (for Quiet and Lonely...).

Edit:
    I was responding to this request; just quoted the most recent message in that conversation...
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
  13. SteveKanonfreak

SteveKanonfreak

Thanks but this was a statement not a question :D

I don't get a 31/00/30/30/30/30 spread for Modest nature.

Thanks anyway :3
  14. Unknown Warrior

Unknown Warrior

Method 1:

Modest: 31/20/30/30/30/30 PID DF12FF2C
    Modest: 30/17/30/30/30/30 PID 16E1B660

Are your main bets.
  15. SteveKanonfreak

SteveKanonfreak

Isn't Articuno Method K? I get a 31/22/30/30/30/30 at frame 51.

PID: 6A2E79A2

However, I can't get one with 0 Atk
  16. Unknown Warrior

Unknown Warrior

Method 1 in FRLG and Pt, Method K in HGSS. But the spreads stay the same, they just occur more often if you use Synchronizers.
  17. .com

.com Grumpy old man
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

This is because there isn't one with 0 Attack. There is 31.x.30.30.30.30 for x = 17, 20, 22.
    locoghoul likes this.
  18. SteveKanonfreak

SteveKanonfreak

Hey sorry to ask something again. I want to RNG a Pokemon in the Safari Zone who needs a specific amount of days to pass until it appears.
    Can I just set the time to 23:59, wait one minute. Save and repeat the process.
    This works for Apricorns at least.

Edit:
    And do I really need to find a seed with a specific delay and frame which gives me the encounter slot I want?
  19. Timey

Timey

For the time thing, I believe you need to wait out those days/use blocks to shorten the wait/use an AR code to reduce the wait, since the game detects if you change the time and probably freezes/resets the timer for block based safari zone pokemon.

For the second question, if you want a given spread on a certain pokemon, you must use a spread that has its encounter slot be a slot that the pokemon occurs in.
  20. Unknown Warrior

Unknown Warrior

Now that Citra development has advanced that Pokémon games can run (though not well), can we expect someone to dissect the seeds/spreads for Gen 6 games any time soon? Or is that not feasible yet?
  21. Cloudc7

Cloudc7

Hey guys! I'm new to the Smogon community. I've been a Pokemon player for years now but just recently getting into streaming on Twitch, so I'm finding myself joining and enjoying every minute of the Pokemon community as a whole! I look forward to getting to know you all!

Which... brings me to my question.. I've been looking for information on how to RNG manipulate gen-3 starters (specifically squirtle) on FireRed Emulated using live broadcasting at only one segment. I didn't have to go far to see it being used by other popular streamers (WR holders even) and across different message boards. I tried setting everything up myself, following the multiple guides I had found, however two days later I have still yet to accurately pinpoint the frame I'm looking for, or even any frame reasonably close to it. I know that it is a very narrow window (1/60th of a second xD) to press button and accept the correct squirtle.. but after two days of doing nothing but troubleshooting all day and losing stream time ( /cry ) I've come to the conclusion that either the program I'm using to predict pokemon by frame, RNG Reporter, is spitting out incorrect data, or that one of the other programs I'm using to make this happen is either out of date or broken.

To hopefully expand upon my problem here are the programs and versions I'm using:
    RNG Reporter 9.96.6 BETA
    EonTimer 1.6
    As far as emulators go, I've tried 3 different versions of Visual Boy Advance; VBA 1.8, VBA Rerecord and VBA-M.
    Every piece of software I've tried and failed with I saw another using successfully via youtube, twitch or a few-year-old forum post. I humbly accept and much appreciate any insight/help on this subject ! (sry for wall of text!!)

[Edit] I'm not opposed to doing speed runs without any tool to assist me but I see a lot of the big guys doing it =D I want to be cool like them.
  22. locoghoul

locoghoul

does anyone know if Route 47 on HGSS have any NPCs??

never mind, there are...
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
  23. SteveKanonfreak

SteveKanonfreak

How much harder is it to RNG on Ruby/Sapphire than on Emerald?

Or more specific is it worth to buy Pokemon Emerald?
  24. Thomaz

Thomaz

Eh, technically speaking, Emerald is harder than Ruby and Sapphire.

By that, I mean that shinyness is next to impossible to do on retail in Emerald and good spreads are somewhere in the millions. Ruby and Sapphire are reasonably "easy" to RNG. It's just timing. Like, with a dead battery, getting a TID/SID that works for a spread takes like a minute or something per reset, since TID and SID are combo's and after you have a combo that works, good spreads aren't too far away. And perfect spreads aren't terrible either, assuming you use live battery abuse. My Modest 5iv spread in my Sapphire is somewhere around a 3 hour wait total I think? You just turn on the GBA, wait until the seed rolls around (this is on the minute, so very easy to time), then reset the game and wait until your frame rolls around. This is the tricky part, but like I said, it's just timing and if you fail, you just remove the battery and insert it back to try again. You don't need to wait weeks/months like in Emerald.

Of course, if you're talking about emulators, none of these are very difficult. But I assume you're talking about retail since you want to buy Emerald. Honestly though, you should buy Emerald anyway, because of the move tutors and the possibility of cloning your Pokémon in the Battle Frontier.
    Albus and SteveKanonfreak like this.
  25. SteveKanonfreak

SteveKanonfreak

I see. Thank you very much for your help! Very much appreciated.
    I didn't know you could teach a pokemon Softboiled in Battle Frontier.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)