PU Mr. Mime

uploaded -zard

[OVERVIEW]

Mr. Mime possesses a notable niche over other Psychic-types like Mesprit and Jynx thanks to its secondary Fairy typing. Its Nasty Plot set works well against balance and stall teams by breaking through walls and hitting surprisingly hard with its perfect neutral coverage. Its coverage and Speed tier allow Mr. Mime to do well versus offensive teams, especially in a tier full of Fighting-types. Its Fairy typing also helps it serve as a reliable check to threatening Dragon-types in the tier like Drampa and Alolan Exeggutor. However, although Mr. Mime's Speed is slightly above average, it is slow enough to be scared out by faster Pokemon due to its poor physical bulk and HP. Its defenses also leave it susceptible to priority moves and Pursuit trapping, which can make it hard to use. While its Fairy typing can lend a hand in checking Fighting-types more easily, Mr. Mime still faces a lot of competition from fellow Psychic-type Jynx, which is often more of an offensive threat thanks to its slightly higher Speed and Ice coverage.

[SET]
name: Nasty Plot
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 2: Dazzling Gleam
move 3: Focus Blast
move 4: Psyshock
item: Fightinium Z / Life Orb
ability: Soundproof
nature: Timid
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Nasty Plot lets Mr. Mime set up and break through walls. Dazzling Gleam is a must on this set because, apart from gaining STAB, it gives Mr. Mime an edge over Dark-types, especially Sableye. Focus Blast hits the numerous Steel-, Rock-, and Normal-type walls such as Ferroseed, Togedemaru, Probopass, Cradily, and Type: Null that would otherwise switch into Mr. Mime. Psyshock, Mr. Mime's Psychic-type STAB move, allows Mr. Mime to hit specially defensive walls such as Regice, Munchlax, Clefairy, and Assault Vest users hard without having to resort to Focus Blast or setting up more Nasty Plots.

Set Details
========

Maximum Special Attack investment allows Mr. Mime to hit as hard as possible, and the Speed investment allows Mr. Mime to outspeed Pokemon like Shiftry, Skuntank, Pinsir, and Stoutland. The Fightinium Z set gives Mr. Mime a chance to break through particularly pesky walls such as Type: Null and Audino or safely go for a strong Fighting-type move without the fear of missing. This set also allows Mr. Mime to be used throughout the game more because of the lack of Life Orb recoil. The Life Orb set, on the other hand, gives Mr. Mime additional firepower and immediate damage and aids in its wallbreaking potential and the ability to pick up KOs more easily, namely on Pokemon like Magmortar and Eelektross. Life Orb is riskier, however, and limits the number times Mr. Mime can switch or attack within the game. Soundproof is by far the best option for Mr. Mime's ability because it allows Mr. Mime to offensively check Drampa by making it immune to Hyper Voice. It can also come in on Alolan Persian and block Parting Shot, forcing a switch or a Black Hole Eclipse.

Usage Tips
========

The goal with this set is to get a Nasty Plot up and start doing damage. It is possible to sweep with it, but the more realistic goal is to break through the other team's bulkier Pokemon to make way for your other Pokemon to sweep. In the event the opposing player is running a very offensive team, Mr. Mime is strong enough to hit frail offensive Pokemon hard enough without a Special Attack boost, so just firing off attacks is the best option. The easiest way to set up a Nasty Plot is to do so on a threatened or passive Pokemon. A slow U-turn or Volt Switch from Mesprit or Lanturn can aid in getting Mr. Mime in on these Pokemon. Notable Pokemon Mr. Mime can set up on are Hitmonchan, Musharna, Gurdurr, Sableye, and Lanturn. Hitmonchan, Gurdurr, and Sableye can still be threatening with their strong physical hits, however, so caution is advised. When using Life Orb Mr. Mime, it is imperative that the player limit the use of Mr. Mime and wait until a safe opportunity to set up or attack due to the limited number of attacks that can be used. If All-Out Pummeling is not needed for a specific wall, keep in mind that it is still the strongest move in Mr. Mime's arsenal, but always be wary of the opponent's Ghost-types when using it.

Team Options
========

Mr. Mime works well with pivots such as Alolan Persian, Lanturn, Silvally-Ghost, and Silvally-Fairy that can use moves such as Volt Switch, U-turn, and Parting Shot to either safely get Mr. Mime in or keep momentum up on a predicted switch. A slow pivot works best so Mr. Mime can come in without taking a hit or status move. Regirock, Ferroseed, Palossand, and Weezing are all good teammates for Mr. Mime because they provide reliable defensive switch-ins to Pokemon that threaten Mr. Mime out after it has scored a KO such as Archeops and Floatzel. Also, most of them have good entry hazard setting options that will work with Mr. Mime's wallbreaking potential. Fighting-types like Hitmonchan, Primeape, and Gurdurr appreciate the fact that Mr. Mime can pressure Pokemon like Weezing, Musharna, and Mesprit, clearing a way for them to punch through an opponent's team. The Fighting-types also deal with some problem Pokemon for Mr. Mime like Ferroseed and Steel-types in general, as one has to rely on Focus Blast otherwise. It is a good idea to pair Mr. Mime up with fast special attackers such as Haunter and Pyroar or physical attackers such as Archeops and Kangaskhan to keep up offensive pressure and to clean up a game after the opponent's walls are gone. Hazard control gives Mr. Mime a chance to retain its precious HP to use with Life Orb and to set up. Strong Defoggers like Skuntank and Shiftry can make sure hazards stay off the field and help trap and KO Ghost-types like Haunter and Oricorio-G that otherwise threaten Mr. Mime.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Choice Scarf or Choice Specs can be used, as Mr. Mime's neutral coverage makes it tricky to switch into. Mr. Mime's access to Healing Wish makes it a favorable partner to bulky Pokemon, walls, and Assault Vest users, or the move can just be used to keep up momentum. Although Mr. Mime faces competition with other Healing Wish Choice Scarf users like Mesprit and Lilligant and its slightly faster and stronger competition Jynx, Mr. Mime can still be a suitable Pokemon for the position, especially since it is the only Pokemon that has access to both Healing Wish and Trick out of the three. Another tool that can be used against stall is Substitute + Nasty Plot. Substitute helps avoid status from Pokemon like Audino and Gastrodon, though it can be annoying to use because Mr. Mime can't take hits very well and the Substitute will not last against many hits. Mr. Mime can also use more of a sweeping set by including of Z-Hypnosis in its set, which gives a +1 boost in Speed and a chance to put the foe to sleep. This kind of set, however, is used better by Jynx's Z-Lovely Kiss set on account of Jynx's higher Speed, better Special Attack, and access to a strong Ice-type STAB move as well as Lovely Kiss having a higher accuracy than Hypnosis. Mr. Mime's other abilities do not provide fantastic options to choose from, as Technician doesn't boost any important moves outside of the set and Filter only weakens Poison-, Steel-, and Ghost-type hits, allowing Mr. Mime to possibly take super effective attacks from Pokemon like Oricorio-G and Misdreavus but more often not reducing the damage enough for Mr. Mime to live. Encore can be added to the set because of its potential to create setup opportunities, but this comes at the cost of reducing Mr. Mime's coverage. Psychic can be run on Mr. Mime to have a more powerful neutral hit, but Psyshock's utility is usually preferred because of how it hits otherwise troublesome specially bulky Pokemon.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fast Physical Attackers**: Mr. Mime's physical bulk is terrible, so almost anything that hits with physical moves and is faster can revenge kill Mr. Mime. This includes such threats as Archeops, Alolan Dugtrio, Floatzel, and Lycanroc.

**Priority Users**: Pokemon like Absol, Alolan Raticate, and Skuntank can KO Mr. Mime with Sucker Punch with enough prior damage due to its poor physical bulk. Kangaskhan can severely dent Mr. Mime with Fake Out and then finish it with Sucker Punch.

**Ghost-types**: Mr. Mime does not have a super effective move to hit bulky Ghost-types such as Dusknoir, Gourgeist, and Palossand and is threatened by their super effective Ghost-type STAB attacks. Mr. Mime also struggles with faster Ghost-types like Silvally-Ghost, Oricorio-G, and Haunter, which can threaten to knock Mr. Mime out.

**Bulky Pokemon**: An unboosted Mr. Mime struggles with specially bulky Pokemon such as Lanturn, Mudsdale, and Miltank, as they can threaten to either KO Mr. Mime or put it on a timer with Toxic in return.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for the record (and I do not the exact protocol for this) I can add a Scarf/Specs set also but I wanted to make sure what I was doing here was acceptable in the event that this style was not acceptable.

[OVERVIEW]
  • “Its speed tier is high enough to be able to sweep late game” this just isn’t the case a lot of the time, as it’s very exploitable by a lot of the faster stuff in the tier like arch, pyroar, and primeape. It's more of a wallbreaker due to np and solid coverage
[SET]
  • unslash shadow ball, it just isn’t necessary since not only does boosted gleam do just fine against the targets you’ve mentioned, but they are also generally pretty setup fodder as they can’t do much back. mime also really needs focus blast to break through type null and ferroseed, among other things.
  • fightinum z should be on the set as mime needs that to ohko type null at +2 after sr. leftovers doesn't really help mime do its job at all as a breaker. life orb should still be the first slash though, as +2 psyshock does a lot of relevant things like OHKOing munchlax, spdef clefairy, etc.
  • i'd remove psychic and maybe just give it a minor mention in moves. weezing and qwilfish will rarely (if ever) stay in on mime anyways, as mime is specially bulky enough to take a weak scald or sludge bomb if need be. psyshock's utility is just way more important for wallbreaking the SpDef things that mime would need to break stall teams efficiently
Set Details
  • there's no reason not to run max spa max speed 4 spdef unless you live a specific attack from a relevant threat to justify slightly replacing some spa evs, so unless you have information about that i'd just remove that point altogether
  • mention fightinum z's utility vs type null and about how it helps to avoid life orb recoil
  • mention life orb's immediate power, and namely how it lets you always 2hko threats like skuntank without needing to boost
  • you need to talk about soundproof's utility, namely how it lets it check drampa so well and about how it blocks parting shot, making it a straight up solid switch-in to things like persian-a
Usage Tips
  • talk about how it should be played vs offense teams
  • "Since Entry Hazards are very important in the current meta, Mr. Mime can also set up on predicted Entry Hazard set ups." what hazard users does it set up safely vs? mention guys like mesprit, weezing, seed, etc., but honestly this should be lumped together with the info you've already got about pokemon it can set up on
  • talk about when to use all-out pummeling. if you don't need it for null, you could also talk about how you should otherwise use it in situations where you'd just need to hit as hard as possible, since it's your strongest attack otherwise
Team Options
  • mention momentum users that can aid mime in bringing it in safely, such as lanturn, primeape, etc. parting shot support from the likes of persian-a is cool too
  • mention defensive mons that can come in as a fall back on popular faster mons that force mime out
  • talk about hazard control, since mime function's best when it can come in at the highest amount of health to actually be able to set up. skuntank is cool for defog, and it can also trap ghost types that are faster than mime like haunter and oricorio-sensi
  • talk about sweepers and cleaners that appreciate the holes mime punches, especially special sweepers that appreciate mime's ability to eliminate special walls and other cleaners that appreciate physical walls alike being removed
Other Options
  • i've discussed this with Megazard earlier and it seems the consensus about specs is that it merits a strong oo mention but still not as effective as np. specs mime is still pretty good at achieving 2hkos (albeit rather reliant on stealth rock) since fairy/psychic/fighting coverage is so solid to begin with, and then it would take advantage of its access to healing wish
  • mention how the filter ability softens up attacks a little better but soundproof's utility is more useful in the meta
  • fairium z has some nice quirks such as always ohkoing musharna at +2 and is a pretty strong initial hitter
  • encore creates setup opportunities but it sacrifices coverage
Checks and Counters
  • in general i believe you put a bit too much of an emphasis on skuntank as a counter, when really it generally struggles to beat mime 1v1. sucker punch doesn't even ohko, while mime can ohko in return with boosted gleam or 2hko unboosted (after rocks usually). skuntank should be in the priority section at best since it's good at picking off a weakened mime with it and forcing 50-50s, but it definitely doesn't deserve its own section as a counter
  • musharna is not a counter in the slightest, it gets 2hko'd by boosted gleam and it generally can't do much back without several boosts already. remove that too
  • i think *Residual Damage* could merit a mention, as mime struggles to set up as well if it's not able to maintain high enough hp. it also makes it that much easier to put it in range of priority.
other than these things this looks fine imo

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
Suggestions from a non-QC:
  • Fairium Z is better than Fightinium Z, and should be the primary slash. It gives you a much better matchup vs some of the tier's most common mons, such as Mesprit, Skuntank, Musharna, Lanturn, and Gastrodon. Having a strong Fairy STAB in general lets Mr. Mime differentiate itself from competing Psychic-types, and it still OHKOs the Fightinium Z targets at +2 other than Ferroseed. Fightinium can go in Set Details or OO.
  • Psychic should also be the primary slash over Psyshock, since it is much stronger vs. most neutral targets and Mr. Mime otherwise lacks a bit in neutral power (with Dazzling Gleam being only base 80). Psyshock does help with stuff like Lanturn and Clefairy, but between NP and Twinkle Tackle they're not impossible to deal with without.
  • OO should give a strong mention to Choice Scarf as it is Mr. Mime's second best set. Although it faces heavy competition with Mesprit, being able to check Dragon-types and STAB Dazzling Gleam can give it a niche on some teams.
set should look something like this MadMax123

name: Nasty Plot Sweeper
move 1: Psychic / Psyshock
move 4: Nasty Plot
item: Fairium Z / Life Orb

Last edited:
I agree that I should maybe mention Farium-Z and I was planning on adding another set for Choice Scarf to be honest, but I don't see the appel to Farium-Z when Mime can easily kill all those mons you just mentioned without it. Having Psyshock makes it irrelevant most the time also. Filter is pointless because Weezing will most of the time be switching out anyway and I don't recall ever seeing a Sludge Bomb Skuntank before. Soundproof is more to counter Persian-A and Drampa anyway. All in all I wouldn't generally run Fairium-Z because is seems like a waste of a Z slot.

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
I agree that I should maybe mention Farium-Z and I was planning on adding another set for Choice Scarf to be honest, but I don't see the appel to Farium-Z when Mime can easily kill all those mons you just mentioned without it. Having Psyshock makes it irrelevant most the time also. Filter is pointless because Weezing will most of the time be switching out anyway and I don't recall ever seeing a Sludge Bomb Skuntank before. Soundproof is more to counter Persian-A and Drampa anyway. All in all I wouldn't generally run Fairium-Z because is seems like a waste of a Z slot.
My bad in regards to Soundproof; I totally forgot about some of its benefits. However, my other points still stand.

I consider Fairium Z to be the best item on Nasty Plot Mr. Mime if you are able to afford a Z-move on your team because it greatly helps with wallbreaking, being able to take down pokemon like Mesprit/Gastrodon/Lanturn/Musharna/Piloswine at +2. Yes, Mr. Mime is able to still defeat them with Life Orb after a Nasty Plot boost, but you need hazard support and rolls, and doesn't provide a nuke that Mr. Mime can use to hit neutral pokemon like Mesprit and Skuntank when you have no opportunity to set up. The recoil from Life Orb can also be undesirable because it makes it easier to revenge kill and wear down. But either way, I recommended Fairium Z to be slashed with Life Orb, not to replace it. Leftovers also seems like a poor item to use because Mr. Mime is absolutely weak without a boosting move.

Last edited:
Piloswine: +2 252 SpA Life Orb Mr. Mime Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Piloswine: 569-671 (140.8 - 166%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Lanturn: +2 252 SpA Mr. Mime Twinkle Tackle (160 BP) vs. 128 HP / 252+ SpD Lanturn: 373-439 (88.1 - 103.7%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Mr. Mime Psyshock vs. 128 HP / 128 Def Lanturn: 364-429 (86 - 101.4%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

As for Musharna, Mesprit, and Gastrodon, they don't possess very threatening presence to Mr. Mime so they can be set up on again or 2 hit KOed. Not lying when I say that I have only seen Acid spray Skuntanks and frankly special Skuntank in general seems less used anyway. I will admit being able to possibly KO Skuntank on a switch is nice but that's about the only sue I see for it.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Many if you are not a QC member, you don't get to tell people what the sets are. QC already agreed on only a NP set and the LO/Fightinium slash, it would've been much better to at least ask a QC member before telling madmax to change the analysis. The only thing I'd change about the sets atm is deslashing lefties, but other than that it's good and I'm moving on to the check.
[OVERVIEW]
  • The meme dream himself, Mr. Mime possesses noteworthy sets that separate him from other Psychic types in the tier. i mean it doesn't rly differentiate itself by set, we have other stall breaking boosting move+3 attack psychics. that's the danger of filler lines like this with zero value, u risk getting something wrong when u could be focused on getting important things right
  • It's access to Fairy typing and STAB gives it a niche over other psychic types like Mesprit and Jynx.
  • Is a good counter to stall teams due to Nasty Plot and access to Focus Blast and Psyshock.
  • Its speed tier is high enough to be able to sweep late game but will more often just break walls in the early game. nah this is purely a wallbreaker
  • Does well against common Pokemon such as Hitmonchan, Musharna, and Weezing.
  • Can be a reliable checks to scary Dragon types in the tier like Guzzlord, Drampa, and Exeggutor.
  • It can be fairly easy for Mr. Mime to be scared out by faster physical hitting Pokemon.
  • Its poor physical defense leaves it susceptible to priority moves and Pursuit trapping.
  • Although its Fairy typing can lend a hand in checking fighting types easier, Mr. Mime still faces a lot of competition in usage with its Psychic cousin Jynx who often is more of an offensive threat.
[SET]
name: Nasty Plot Sweeper just nasty plot, remove sweeper from the title
move 1: Psyshock
item: Life Orb / Fightinium-Z / Leftovers there is no hyphen for z-crystals. also, deslash lefties, don't even bother with OO. i would never run lefties. slash fight z before LO as well
evs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD move the SpD before the Spe, stats are ordered

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

• Dazzling Gleam is a must on this set because, apart from being STAB, gives Mr. Mime an edge over dark types, especially Sabeleye, without having to resort to Focus Blast.
  • There is a choice between Psyshock and Psychic because Psyshock allows Mr. Mime to hit SpD walls such as Regice, Munchlax, Clefairy, Calm Mind abusers and other Assault Vest users hard without, in some cases, resorting to Focus Blasts or more Nasty Plots. Psychic instead gives Mr. Mime a slightly higher power attack but generally isn't worth the loss of the utility Psyshock gives. id drop psychic mentions to OO, psyshock is so clearly more useful
  • Focus Blast hits walls such as Ferroseed, Togedamaru, Probopass, Type Null and Cradily. specifically rock/steel/normal mons
  • Nasty plot is the core of the set and will be used to be able to break through walls.
Set Details
========
  • The EVs are pretty straight forward and give Mr. Mime what it needs to succeed. you cant stop at this, gotta actually say "252 spa makes it stronger" or somth
  • The Life Orb set gives Mr. Mime ultimate power and immediate damage and aids in his wall breaking potential and can pick up KOs easier without being stalled out. Life Orb is riskier how ever and limits the amount of switch ins and moves Mr. Mime can use within the game.
  • The Fightinium-Z set gives Mr. Mime a chance to break through particularly pesky walls such as Type: Null or just being able to safely go for a strong Fighting move without the fear of missing. This Set also allows Mr. Mime to be used throughout the game more because of the lack of Life Orb recoil.
  • The Leftovers set gives Mr. Mime a little bit more leniency to being a check to Hitmonchan in particular and having more HP to take priority moves. The Leftovers also help in giving Mr. Mime more switch ins on hazards then in normally would. Its dip in power do downgrade its effectiveness and breaking walls, however. remove leftovers
  • Ultimately, Life Orb is more orientated with Offensive teams while Leftovers is generally a more Balanced team option. also remove this, u don't need with what u said above
  • Soundproof is by far the best option because it makes Mr. Mime a nice check to Drampa by being immune to its STAB. It also can always come in on Persian-A and totally block Parting Shot allowing a free setup or hit.
0 Atk Persian-Alola Black Hole Eclipse (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mr. Mime: 178-210 (80.5 - 95%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
not a free setup or hit rly, id say it stops parting shot but don't continue after that cuz it's not entirely true

Usage Tips
========

• The goal with this set is to get a Nasty Plot up and start doing damage. Again, it is possible to sweep with it, but the more realistic goal is to get rid of the other teams Bulky / Wall Pokemon to make way for your other Pokemon.
  • In the event the opposing player is running a very Offensive team specifically one where u arent gonna need +2 to KO all their frail things, throwing off moves and foregoing Nasty Plot is preferred to weaken the other team.
  • The easiest way to set up a Nasty Plot is to do so on a predicted switch. A Pokemon that is threatened by Mr. Mime either has to stay in and risk getting KOed or switch and let Mr. Mime set up. This leads to mind games or ways a player can outplay another player.
  • Notable Pokemon Mr. Mime can set up on are Hitmonchan, Musharna, Gurdurr, Sableye, and Lanturn. the 2 in the middle are threatened out, but mushy and lanturn don't rly fit with ur above bullet. u can set up on them, but since ur specifically saying "you can set up on things you force out", something doesn't work here
  • Since Entry Hazards are very important in the current meta, Mr. Mime can also set up on predicted Entry Hazard set ups including Weezing, Qwilfish, and Mesprit these guys arent staying in to set up hazards on a mime like, ever. i don't get/agree with this point, remove it unless u wanna come up with some justification
  • When using Life Orb Mr. Mime, it is imperative that the player limits the use of Mr. Mime and waits until a safe opportunity to set up or attack due to the limited amount of attacks that can be made.
  • If Z-Focus Blast is not needed for a specific wall, keep in mind that it is still the strongest move in Mime's arsenal but always be wary of the opponents Ghost types when using it.
Team Options
========
  • Mr. Mime works well with pivots such as Persian-A, Lanturn, and Silvally that can use moves such as Volt Switch, U-Turn, and Parting Shot to either safely get Mr. Mime in or keep momentum up on a predicted switch.
  • Regirock, Ferroseed, Palossand and Weezing are all good teammates for Mr. Mime because most have good Entry Hazard setting options that will work with Mr. Mime's KOing potential. They also provide reliable defensive switch ins to Pokemon that threaten Mr. Mime out after he has scored a KO.
  • Hitmonchan, Primape, Hariyama or Gurdurr appreciate the fact that Mr. Mime kills Pokemon like Weezing, Qwilfish, Musharna and Mesprit.
  • It is a good idea to pair Mr. Mime up with fast attackers such as Haunter and Pyroar, on the special side, or Archeops and Kangaskhan, on the physical side, to keep up offensive pressure and to clean up a game after the opponents walls are gone.
id say that phys def tanks like regirock are useful since u know they're gonna want to revenge mime with somth like archeops after it gets a kill

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

• Another tool that can be used against Stall is Substitute Nasty Plot or Calm Mind. Nasty Plot is still usually preferable for the immediate power. Substitute helps avoid status from Pokemon like Audino. Substitute can be annoying to use, however, because Mr. Mime can't take hits very well so the sub will not last against much. don't even mention calm mind here
  • Mr. Mime can also take a more sweeping set with the use of Z-Hypnosis, which gives a +1 boost in speed and a chance to put the opponent asleep. This set, however, is used better by Jynx's Z-Lovely Kiss set. This is in account of Jynx's higher speed, SpA, and access to a strong Ice STAB and Lovely Kiss being a higher accuracy than Hypnosis (75% v.s. 60%).
  • Choice Specs Mr. Mime can also be used as Mr. Mime's neutral coverage makes it tricky to switch in too. Healing Wish also provides extra momentum in a pinch.
  • Mr. Mimes abilities are not fantastic options as Technician doesn't boost anything important and Filter is limited to only Poison, Steel, and Ghost hits but does help soften bullet punch hits.
  • Hazard control helps Mr. Mime gives Mr. Mime a chance to retain its precious HP to use with Life Orb and to set up. Strong Defoggers like Skuntank or Shiftry can make sure hazards stay off and help trap and kill Ghost types like Haunter and Oricorio-Sensu that otherwise threaten Mr. Mime. i think you meant to put this into team options and not other options? it certainly should not be here
  • Encore can be added to the set because of its potential to create set up oppurtunities but this comes at the cost of reducing Mime's coverage.
choice scarf healing wish should absolutely be the very first thing talked about in OO. ur gonna want to say that it gets competition from jynx/mesprit/lilligant but u can still be overall positive as it is an overall alright set

Checks and Counters
=================== c&c should be ordered by level of threat. id go faster physical attackers / priority / ghost types (basically ghosts should be last)

**Ghost types**: Because Mr. Mime will more often than not run Focus Blast this first part about how mime doesn't have a super effective move for ghosts is very obvious and unhelpful, id just get rid of it, Mr. Mime does not have a super effective move to hit bulky Ghost types such as Dusknoir, Dusclops, and Misdreavus and is then threatened by their super effective Ghost STAB. when giving examples, mention actually good pokemon. these mons are mediocre at best, and I don't know why ur not talking about sensu/golurk/silvally-ghost/palossand/haunter instead. these can be multiple sentences as well, u can talk about how the offensive ones check mimeseparately from the defensive ones

**Fast Physical Attacks / Choice Scarfers try "Faster Physical Attackers"**: There are many checks to Mr. Mime, which basically includes every decently strong physical attacker that is faster forcing Mr. Mime to out. This list includes such threats as, in no particular order, Archeops, Dugtrio-A, Floatzel, Lycanroc, and Leafeon. i don't see scarfers mentioned here, or the fact that these mons cant rly switch in but only give it issues as revenge killers

**Physical just priority, no physical pls Priority**: Priority is also a big threat to Mr. Mime such as Accelrock, Sucker Punch, and strong Quick Attacks like Zangoose's. This is due to Mr. Mime's worthless HP and Defense. the one accelrock user is going to stone age mr mime anyway. give examples of things that use sucker punch, and also mention kangaskhan for fake out+sucker

**Residual Damage**: Because Life Orb Mr. Mime can be widdled down very easily, Entry Hazards and Toxic limit Mr. Mimes capability in wall breaking by limiting its Life Orb hits. remove this entirely, mr mime is a frail, generally one-off wallbreaker and residual damage doesn't significantly impact its performance
qcstamp.gif
1/3

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
[OVERVIEW]
  • It's access to Fairy typing and STAB gives it a niche over other psychic types like Mesprit and Jynx.
  • Is a good counter to stall teams due to Nasty Plot and access to Focus Blast and Psyshock. (hm, I wouldn't say counter, i'd say it's a decent stallbreaker; countering a whole archetype isn't really a thing)
  • Its speed tier is high enough to be able to sweep late game but will more often just break walls in the early game.
  • Does well against common Pokemon such as Hitmonchan, Musharna, and Weezing.
  • Can be a reliable checks to scary Dragon types in the tier like Guzzlord (rip guzzlord), Drampa, and Exeggutor.
  • It can be fairly easy for Mr. Mime to be scared out by faster physical hitting Pokemon.
  • Its poor physical defense leaves it susceptible to priority moves and Pursuit trapping.
  • Although its Fairy typing can lend a hand in checking fighting types easier, Mr. Mime still faces a lot of competition in usage with its Psychic cousin Jynx who often is more of an offensive threat.
[SET]
move 1: Psyshock
[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

• Dazzling Gleam is a must on this set because, apart from being STAB, gives Mr. Mime an edge over dark types, especially Sabeleye, without having to resort to Focus Blast. (weirdly worded, sounds like focus blast hit sableye)
  • Psyshock allows Mr. Mime to hit SpD walls such as Regice, Munchlax, Clefairy, Calm Mind abusers and other Assault Vest users hard without, in some cases, resorting to Focus Blasts or more Nasty Plots. (i'd remove cm users, because they're either Mesprit or Musharna, which gleam still hits harder even when they're +1)
  • Focus Blast hits the numerous Steel, Rock, and Normal walls such as Ferroseed, Togedamaru, Probopass, Type Null and Cradily. (order these in the order of types listed)
  • Nasty plot is the core of the set and will be used to be able to break through walls. (if nasty plot is the focus, i'd put it first on the set)
Set Details
========
  • The EVs are pretty straight forward and give Mr. Mime what it needs to succeed. The max SpA investment gives maximum KO potential and the Spe investment works to give Mime a fighting chance against frailer offensive Pokemon. (like? what's it specifically outspeeding?)
  • The Life Orb set gives Mr. Mime immediate damage and aids in its wall breaking potential and can pick up KOs easier without being stalled out. Life Orb is riskier however and limits the amount of switch ins and moves Mr. Mime can use within the game. (also means it finds it harder to break bulkier teams, as they can switch to wear it down)
  • The Fightinium-Z set gives Mr. Mime a chance to break through particularly pesky walls such as Type: Null (change to Audino or something else, you've mentioned type: null twice already) or just being able to safely go for a strong Fighting move without the fear of missing. This set also allows Mr. Mime to be used throughout the game more because of the lack of Life Orb recoil. (move this above life orb, because it's slashed first)
  • Soundproof is by far the best option because it makes Mr. Mime a nice check to Drampa by being immune to its STAB. It can also come in on Persian-A and totally block Parting Shot, forcing a switch or a Black Hole Eclipse.
Usage Tips
========

• The goal with this set is to get a Nasty Plot up and start doing damage. Again, it is possible to sweep with it, but the more realistic goal is to get rid of the other teams Bulky / Wall Pokemon to make way for your other Pokemon. (specify wallbreaking)
  • In the event the opposing player is running a very Offensive team, Mr. Mime is strong enough to hit frail offensive Pokemon hard enough without a +2 in SpA so just firing off attacks is the best option.
  • The easiest way to set up a Nasty Plot is to do so on Pokemon who are threatened to switch or be KOed or against a passive wall that can not harm Mr. Mime. (slow volt-turn can get it in for free too)
  • Notable Pokemon Mr. Mime can set up on are Hitmonchan, Musharna, Gurdurr, Sableye, and Lanturn. (but have to be wary of gurdurr and chan staying in and attacking)
  • When using Life Orb Mr. Mime, it is imperative that the player limits the use of Mr. Mime and waits until a safe opportunity to set up or attack due to the limited amount of attacks that can be made.
  • If Z-Focus Blast is not needed for a specific wall, keep in mind that it is still the strongest move in Mime's arsenal but always be wary of the opponents Ghost types when using it.
Team Options
========
  • Mr. Mime works well with pivots such as Persian-A, Lanturn, and Silvally that can use moves such as Volt Switch, U-Turn, and Parting Shot to either safely get Mr. Mime in or keep momentum up on a predicted switch. (slow volt-turn specifically is good for it, because faster volt-turn can result in it getting hit)
  • Regirock, Ferroseed, Palossand and Weezing are all good teammates for Mr. Mime because they provide reliable defensive switch ins to Pokemon that threaten Mr. Mime out after he has scored a KO. Also, most of them have good Entry Hazard setting options that will work with Mr. Mime's KOing potential (change to help it wallbreak)
  • Hitmonchan, Primape, Hariyama (rip yama) or Gurdurr appreciate the fact that Mr. Mime kills Pokemon like Weezing, Qwilfish, Musharna and Mesprit.
  • It is a good idea to pair Mr. Mime up with fast attackers such as Haunter and Pyroar, on the special side, or Archeops and Kangaskhan, on the physical side, to keep up offensive pressure and to clean up a game after the opponents walls are gone.
  • Hazard control helps Mr. Mime gives Mr. Mime a chance to retain its precious HP to use with Life Orb and to set up. Strong Defoggers like Skuntank or Shiftry can make sure hazards stay off and help trap and kill Ghost types like Haunter and Oricorio-Sensu that otherwise threaten Mr. Mime.
[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
  • Choice Scarf or Choice Specs Mr. Mime can also be used as Mr. Mime's neutral coverage makes it tricky to switch in too. Mime's access to Healing wish make it a favorable pair to Assault Vest users or can keep up favorable momentum. Although Mr. Mime faces competition with other Healing Wish Scarfers like Mesprit and Lilligant and his slighty faster and stronger cousin Jynx, Mr. Mime can still be a suitable Pokemon for the position.
  • Another tool that can be used against Stall is Substitute Nasty Plot. Substitute helps avoid status from Pokemon like Audino and Gastrodon. Substitute can be annoying to use, however, because Mr. Mime can't take hits very well so the sub will not last against much.
  • Mr. Mime can also take a more sweeping set with the use of Z-Hypnosis, which gives a +1 boost in speed and a chance to put the opponent asleep. This set, however, is used better by Jynx's Z-Lovely Kiss set. This is in account of Jynx's higher speed, SpA, and access to a strong Ice STAB and Lovely Kiss being a higher accuracy than Hypnosis (75% v.s. 60%).
  • Mr. Mimes abilities are not fantastic options as Technician doesn't boost anything important and Filter is limited to only Poison, Steel, and Ghost hits but does help soften bullet punch hits. (don't mention bullet punch, yama is gone)
  • Encore can be added to the set because of its potential to create set up opportunities but this comes at the cost of reducing Mime's coverage.
  • Psychic can be ran on Mr. Mime to have a more powerful neutral hit, but Psyshock utility is usually preferred because of how most walls in the meta are polarized towards either Def or SpD so a SpD. (good)
Checks and Counters
===================

**Fast Physical Attacks**: Mr. Mime's HP and Defense are terrible so almost anything that hits with physical moves and is faster can revenge kill Mr. Mime. This list includes such threats as, in no particular order (remove this little bit), Archeops, Dugtrio-A, Floatzel, Lycanroc, and Leafeon. (remove leafeon, it's not really relevant)

**Priority**: Pokemon like Absol, Raticate-A, and Skuntank can Sucker Punch Mr. Mime and practically OHKO it and Pokemon who run Fake Out like Kangaskhan can severely dent Mr. Mime and then finish it with Sccker Punch.

**Ghost types**: Mr. Mime does not have a super effective move to hit bulky Ghost types such as Dusknoir, Golurk, and Palossand and is threatened by their super effective Ghost STAB. Mime also struggles with faster Ghost types like Silvally-Ghost, Oricorio-Sensu, and Haunter which can threaten to knock Mime out.
Whoosh! Looks good bud, QC 2/3

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
[OVERVIEW]

Mr. Mime possesses a notable niche over other Psychic types like Mesprit and Jynx thanks to its Fairy typing and Fairy STAB. Its core Nasty Plot set works well against Balanced bulky teams and Stall teams by breaking through walls and hitting surprisingly hard with its perfect neutral coverage. Its coverage and Speed tier can also be used to hit Offensive teams. Mr. Mime fits nicely in the meta of strong Fighting types, Poison types and Bulky Psychic types by being able to threaten all of them on teams. Its Fairy typing also helps it be a reliable check to scary Dragon types in the tier like Drampa and A-Exeggutor. Although Mr. Mime's Speed is slightly above average, it is slow enough where it can be fairly easy for Mr. Mime to be scared out by faster Pokemon due to its poor Physical Defense and HP. Its Defenses also leave it susceptible to priority moves and Pursuit trapping which can make it hard to use. While its Fairy typing can lend a hand in checking fighting types easier, Mr. Mime still faces a lot of competition in usage with its Psychic cousin Jynx who often is more of an offensive threat thanks to its slighty higher Speed and Ice coverage.

[SET]
[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Nasty plot is the core of the set and will be used to break through walls. Psyshock allows Mr. Mime to hit SpD walls such as Regice, Munchlax, Clefairy, and Assault Vest users hard without, in some cases, resorting to Focus Blasts or more Nasty Plots. Focus Blast hits the numerous Steel, Rock, and Normal walls such as Ferroseed, Togedamaru, Probopass, Cradily and Type Null that would otherwise switch into Mr. Mime. Dazzling Gleam is a must on this set because, apart from being STAB, gives Mr. Mime an edge over Dark types, especially Sabeleye. (talk about the moves in the order you listed them in the set)

Set Details
========

The EVs are pretty straight forward and give Mr. Mime what it needs to succeed. The max SpA investment gives maximum KO potential and the Spe investment works to give Mime a fighting chance against offensive Pokemon lower than base 90 Spe like Shiftry, Skuntank, Pinsir, and Stoutland. The Fightinium-Z set gives Mr. Mime a chance to break through particularly pesky walls such as Type: Null and Audino or just being able to safely go for a strong Fighting move without the fear of missing. This set also allows Mr. Mime to be used throughout the game more because of the lack of Life Orb recoil. The Life Orb set gives Mr. Mime ultimate power and immediate damage and aids in its wall breaking potential and can pick up KOs easier without being stalled out. Life Orb is riskier, however, and limits the amount of switch ins and moves Mr. Mime can use within the game. Soundproof is by far the best option because it makes Mr. Mime a nice check to Drampa by being immune to its STAB. It can also come in on Persian-A and totally block Parting Shot, forcing a switch or a Black Hole Eclipse.

Usage Tips
========

The goal with this set is to get a Nasty Plot up and start doing damage. Again, it is possible to sweep with it, but the more realistic goal is to break through the other team's Bulky / Wall Pokemon to make way for your other Pokemon to sweep. In the event the opposing player is running a very Offensive team, Mr. Mime is strong enough to hit frail offensive Pokemon hard enough without a +2 in SpA so just firing off attacks is the best option. The easiest way to set up a Nasty Plot is to do so on Pokemon who are threatened to switch or be KOed or against a passive wall that can not harm Mr. Mime. A slow U-Turn and Volt Switch from Mesprit or Lanturn can aid in getting it in on these Pokemon. Notable Pokemon Mr. Mime can set up on are Hitmonchan, Musharna, Gurdurr, Sableye, and Lanturn. Hitmonchan, Gurdurr and Sableye can still be threatening with their strong physical hits so caution is advised. When using Life Orb Mr. Mime, it is imperative that the player limits the use of Mr. Mime and waits until a safe opportunity to set up or attack due to the limited amount of attacks that can be made. If Z-Focus Blast is not needed for a specific wall, keep in mind that it is still the strongest move in Mime's arsenal but always be wary of the opponents Ghost types when using it.

Team Options
========

Mr. Mime works well with pivots such as Persian-A, Lanturn, and Silvally that can use moves such as Volt Switch, U-Turn, and Parting Shot to either safely get Mr. Mime in or keep momentum up on a predicted switch. A slow pivot works best, so Mr. Mime can come in without taking a hit or status move. Regirock, Ferroseed, Palossand and Weezing are all good teammates for Mr. Mime because they provide reliable defensive switch ins to Pokemon that threaten Mr. Mime out after he has scored a KO. Also, most of them have good Entry Hazard setting options that will work with Mr. Mime's wallbreaking potential. Fighting types like Hitmonchan, Primape, or Gurdurr appreciate the fact that Mr. Mime pressure Pokemon like Weezing, Qwilfish, Musharna and Mesprit, clearing a way for them to punch through an opponents team. (mention that these FIghting-types also deal with stuff like Ferroseed and other Steel-types)It is a good idea to pair Mr. Mime up with fast attackers such as Haunter and Pyroar, on the special side, or Archeops and Kangaskhan, on the physical side, to keep up offensive pressure and to clean up a game after the opponents walls are gone. Hazard control helps Mr. Mime gives Mr. Mime a chance to retain its precious HP to use with Life Orb and to set up. Strong Defoggers like Skuntank or Shiftry can make sure hazards stay off and help trap and kill Ghost types like Haunter and Oricorio-Sensu that otherwise threaten Mr. Mime.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Choice Scarf or Choice Specs Mr. Mime can be used as Mr. Mime's neutral coverage makes it tricky to switch into. Mime's access to Healing wish make it a favorable pair to Bulky Pokemon, walls, and Assault Vest users or can just be used to keep up momentum. Although Mr. Mime faces competition with other Healing Wish Scarfers like Mesprit and Lilligant and his slighty faster and stronger cousin Jynx, Mr. Mime can still be a suitable Pokemon for the position especially since it exclusively has access to Trick and Healing Wish. Another tool that can be used against Stall is Substitute Nasty Plot. Substitute helps avoid status from Pokemon like Audino and Gastrodon. Substitute can be annoying to use, however, because Mr. Mime can't take hits very well so the sub will not last against many hits. Mr. Mime can also take a more sweeping set with the use of Z-Hypnosis, which gives a +1 boost in speed and a chance to put the opponent asleep. This set, however, is used better by Jynx's Z-Lovely Kiss set on account of Jynx's higher speed, SpA, access to a strong Ice STAB and Lovely Kiss being a higher accuracy than Hypnosis (75% v.s. 60%). Mr. Mimes abilities are not fantastic options as Technician doesn't boost anything important and Filter is limited to only Poison, Steel, and Ghost hits which can possibly help versus match ups like Oricorio-Sensu or Misdreavus. Encore can be added to the set because of its potential to create set up opportunities, but this comes at the cost of reducing Mime's coverage. Psychic can be ran on Mr. Mime to have a more powerful neutral hit, but Psyshock utility is usually preferred because of how most walls in the meta are polarized towards either Def or SpD so Psyshock offers an option against high SpD walls like Audino or Assault Vest users.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fast Physical Attacks (Attackers)**: Mr. Mime's HP and Defense are terrible so almost anything that hits with physical moves and is faster can revenge kill Mr. Mime. This list includes such threats as Archeops, Dugtrio-A, Floatzel, and Lycanroc.

**Priority**: Pokemon like Absol, Raticate-A, and Skuntank can Sucker Punch Mr. Mime and practically OHKO it and Pokemon who run Fake Out like Kangaskhan can severely dent Mr. Mime and then finish it with Sccker Punch.

**Ghost types**: Mr. Mime does not have a super effective move to hit bulky Ghost types such as Dusknoir, Golurk, and Palossand and is threatened by their super effective Ghost STAB. Mime also struggles with faster Ghost types like Silvally-Ghost, Oricorio-Sensu, and Haunter which can threaten to knock Mime out.

add a section for bulky pokemon that than take on Mr. Mime unboosted. you already mentioned some in the overview
Sorry this took so long. 3/3.

Add/fix
Remove
Comment
[OVERVIEW]

Mr. Mime possesses a notable niche over other Psychic types like Mesprit and Jynx thanks to its Fairy typing and Fairy STAB. (seems redundant) Its core Nasty Plot set works well against balanced bulky teams and stall teams by breaking through walls and hitting surprisingly hard with its perfect neutral coverage. Its coverage and Speed tier can also be used effectively against to hit offensive teams. Mr. Mime fits nicely in the metagame of strong Fighting-(AH)types, Poison-(AH)types and bulky Psychic-(AH)types by being able to threaten all of them on teams. Its Fairy typing also helps it be a reliable check to scary Dragon-(AH)types in the tier like Drampa and Alolan-(RH)Exeggutor. Although Mr. Mime's Speed is slightly above average, it is slow enough where it can be fairly easy for Mr. Mime to be scared out by faster Pokemon due to its poor physical Defense and HP. Its Defenses also leaves it susceptible to priority moves and Pursuit trapping which can make it hard to use. While its Fairy typing can lend a hand in checking Fighting-(AH)types easier, Mr. Mime still faces a lot of competition in usage with its Psychic cousin Jynx who often is more of an offensive threat thanks to its slighty higher Speed and Ice coverage.

[SET]
[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Nasty Plot is the main draw core of the set,(AC) and allows Mr. Mime to and will be used to break through walls. (Nasty Plot itself doesn't break through anything, rather it lets Mr. Mime rip everything up.) Dazzling Gleam is a must on this set as it because, apart from being STAB, gives Mr. Mime a Fairy STAB move against an edge over Dark types, especially Sableye Sabeleye. Focus Blast hits the numerous Steel-(AH), Rock-(AH), and Normal-(AH)type walls such as Ferroseed, Togedamaru, Probopass, Cradily and Type:(add colon) Null that would otherwise switch into Mr. Mime's attacks. Psyshock, in addition to while being Mr. Mime's Psychic STAB, allows Mr. Mime to hit specially defensive SpD walls such as Regice, Munchlax, Clefairy, and Assault Vest users hard,(AC) the lacking of which would force Mr. Mime to risk Focus Blasts or set up more Nasty Plots. without, in some cases, resorting to Focus Blasts or more Nasty Plots. (sounds awkward w/ a lot of commas)

Set Details
========

The EVs are pretty straight forward and give Mr. Mime the strength and speed what it needs to succeed. The maximum Special Attack max SpA investment gives Mr. Mime the greatest amount of power, while the Speed investment allows it to outspeed maximum KO potential and the Spe investment works to give Mime a fighting chance against offensive Pokemon with a base Speed lower than 90 such as lower than base 90 Spe like Shiftry, Skuntank, Pinsir, and Stoutland. The Fightinium-Z set gives Mr. Mime a chance to break through particularly pesky walls such as Type: Null and Audino,(AC) or just being able to safely go for a strong Fighting move without the fear of missing. This set also allows Mr. Mime to be used throughout the game more because of the lack of Life Orb recoil. The Life Orb set gives Mr. Mime consistent ultimate power and immediate damage,(AC) aiding and aids in its wall breaking potential alleviating the possibility of being stalled and can pick up KOs easier without being stalled out. However, Life Orb is riskier, however,(RC) and limits the amount of switch ins and moves Mr. Mime can use during within the game. Soundproof is by far the best ability option because it makes Mr. Mime a nice check to Drampa by being immune to its STAB Hyper Voice. (being more specific :])It can also come in on Persian-A and totally block Parting Shot, forcing a switch or a Black Hole Eclipse.

Usage Tips
========

The goal with this set is to get a Nasty Plot up and start doing damage. Again, it is possible to sweep with it, but the more realistic goal is to break through the other team's bulky Pokemon and walls Bulky / Wall Pokemon to make way for your other Pokemon to sweep. In the event that the opposing player is running a very offensive team, Mr. Mime is strong enough to hit frail offensive Pokemon hard enough without Nasty Plot,(AC) a +2 in SpA so just firing off attacks is the best option. The easiest way to set up a Nasty Plot is to do so on Pokemon who are threatened to switch or be KOed or against a passive wall that can not harm Mr. Mime. A slow U-Turn or and Volt Switch from Mesprit or Lanturn respectively can aid in getting Mr. Mime it in on these Pokemon. Notable Pokemon Mr. Mime can set up on are Hitmonchan, Musharna, Gurdurr, Sableye, and Lanturn. However,(AC) Hitmonchan, Gurdurr and Sableye can still be threatening with their strong physical hits so caution is advised. When using Life Orb Mr. Mime, it is imperative that the player limits the use of Mr. Mime is conserved and waits until a safe opportunity to set up or attack due to the recoil limited amount of attacks that can be made. (just less wordy) If All-Out Pummeling Z-Focus Blast is not needed for a specific wall, keep in mind that it is still the strongest move in Mime's arsenal but always be wary of the opponent'(add apostrophe)s Ghost-(AH)types when using it.

Team Options
========

Mr. Mime works well with Pokemon who pivots such as Persian-A, Lanturn, and Silvally that can use moves such as Volt Switch, U-Turn, and Parting Shot to either safely get Mr. Mime in or keep momentum up on a predicted switch. A slow pivot works best, so Mr. Mime can come in without taking a hit or status move. Regirock, Ferroseed, Palossand and Weezing are all good teammates for Mr. Mime because they provide reliable defensive switch ins to Pokemon that threaten Mr. Mime out after scoring he has scored a KO. Also, most of them can also set entry hazards have good Entry Hazard setting options that aid will work with Mr. Mime's wallbreaking potential. Fighting-(AH)types like Hitmonchan, Primeape, and or Gurdurr appreciate the fact that Mr. Mime's ability to pressure Pokemon like Weezing, Qwilfish, Musharna and Mesprit, clearing the a way for them to punch through an opponent'(add apostrophe)s team. The fighting types Fighting-types also deal with Ferroseed and other Steel-types that are a problem for Mr. Mime, due to the unreliability of Focus Blast. some problem Pokemon for Mr. Mime like Ferroseed or Steel types in general as one has to rely on Focus Blast otherwise. (just reworded) It is a good idea to pair Mr. Mime up with fast attackers such as prominent special attackers Haunter and Pyroar, on the special side,(RC) or physical threats Archeops and Kangaskhan,(RC) on the physical side,(RC) to keep up offensive pressure and to clean up a game after the opponent'(add apostrophe)s walls are gone. Hazard control helps Mr. Mime gives Mr. Mime a chance to retain its precious HP to use its with Life Orb and to set up. Strong Defoggers like Skuntank and or Shiftry can remove make sure hazards stay off and help trap and kill Ghost-(AH)types with Pursuit like Haunter and Oricorio-GSensu that otherwise threaten Mr. Mime.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Choice Scarf or Choice Specs Mr. Mime can be used as Mr. Mime's neutral coverage makes it tricky to switch into. Mime's access to Healing Wish make it a favorable to pair with to bulky Pokemon, walls, and Assault Vest users or can just be used to keep up momentum. Although Mr. Mime faces competition from with other Healing Wish Scarfers like Mesprit and Lilligant and its his slightly faster and stronger cousin Jynx, Mr. Mime can still be a suitable Pokemon for the position especially since it exclusively has access to Trick in addition to and Healing Wish. Another tool that can be used against Stall is Substitute + Nasty Plot. Substitute helps avoid status from Pokemon like Audino and Gastrodon,(AC)but .(RP) Substitute can be annoying to use,(RC) however,(RC) because Mr. Mime's substitute is frail and can't take hits very well so the sub will not last against many hits. Mr. Mime can also make take a more sweeping set with the use of Z-Hypnosis, which gives a +1 boost in Speed and a chance to put the opponent a to sleep. However, this set is utilized This set, however, is used better by Jynx's Z-Lovely Kiss set,(AC) on account of due to Jynx's higher Speed, Special Attack SpA, access to a strong Ice STAB and Lovely Kiss having being a higher accuracy than Hypnosis (75% v.s. 60%). (numbers seem unnecessary and interrupt flow) Mr. Mime'(add apostrophe)s abilities are not fantastic options,(AC) as Technician doesn't boost anything important and Filter is limited to only Poison-(AH), Steel-(AH), and Ghost-(AH)type attacks, hits which can possibly help against versus match ups like Oricorio-GSensu and or Misdreavus. Encore can be added to the set because of its potential to create set up opportunities, but this comes at the cost of reducing Mime's coverage. Psychic can be ran on Mr. Mime to have a more powerful neutral hit, but Psyshock utility is usually preferred to because of how most walls in the meta are polarized towards either Def or SpD so Psyshock offers an option against specially defensive high SpD walls like Audino and or Assault Vest users.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fast Physical Attackers**: Mr. Mime's HP and Defense are terrible,(AC) so almost anything that hits with physical moves and is faster can revenge kill Mr. Mime.(RP),(AC) This list includes such threats such as Archeops, Dugtrio-A, Floatzel, and Lycanroc.

**Priority**: Pokemon like Absol, Alolan Raticate-A, and Skuntank can Sucker Punch Mr. Mime and practically OHKO it;(ASC) and Pokemon who run Fake Out like Kangaskhan can severely dent Mr. Mime and then finish it with Sucker Punch.

**Ghost-(AH)types**: Mr. Mime does not have a super effective move to hit bulky Ghost-(AH)types such as Dusknoir, Golurk, and Palossand and is threatened by their super effective Ghost-(AH)type STAB moves. Mime also struggles with faster Ghost-(AH)types like Silvally-Ghost, Oricorio-GSensu, and Haunter which can threaten to knock Mr. Mime out.

**Bulky Pokemon**: This check includes blanket Pokemon that are mostly unafraid of an unboosted Mr. Mime and can threaten Mr. Mime in return. ("blanket Pokemon" isn't right, but "blanket list" sounds weird too) This results in Mr. Mime potentially being forced out instead of the opposing Pokemon. These by Pokemon like include Ferroseed, Mudsdale, Regirock, and many Silvally forms.

Good job overall, just mind the capitalization and the hyphens :)

asa

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader
add/change remove comments
implement what you want!
[OVERVIEW]

Mr. Mime possesses a notable niche over other Psychic-(AH)types like Mesprit and Jynx thanks to its Fairy typing and Fairy STAB. Its core Nasty Plot set works well against balanced bulky teams and stall teams by breaking through walls and hitting surprisingly hard with its perfect neutral coverage. Its coverage and Speed tier can also be used to hit offensive teams. Mr. Mime fits nicely in the meta tier of strong Fighting-(AH)types, Poison-(AH)types, (AC) and bulky Psychic-(AH)types by being able to threaten all of a lot of them on teams. Its Fairy typing also helps it be serve as a reliable check to scary Dragon-(AH)types in the tier like Drampa and Alolan Exeggutor. Although Mr. Mime's Speed is slightly above average, it is slow enough where it can be fairly easy for Mr. Mime to be scared out by faster Pokemon due to its poor physical defense and HP. Its defenses also leave it susceptible to priority moves and Pursuit trapping, (AC) which can make it hard to use. While its Fairy typing can lend a hand in checking fighting types easier, Mr. Mime still faces a lot of competition in usage with from its fellow Psychic-type cousin Jynx, (AC) who often is more of an offensive threat thanks to its slightly higher Speed and Ice coverage.

[SET]
(AS)
[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Nasty Plot is the core of the set and will be used to break through walls. Dazzling Gleam is a must on this set because, apart from being STAB, gives Mr. Mime an edge over Dark-(AH)types, especially Sabeleye. Focus Blast hits the numerous Steel, Rock, and Normal walls such as Ferroseed, Togedemaru, Probopass, Cradily, (AC) and Type: Null that would otherwise switch into Mr. Mime. Psyshock, while being Mr. Mime's Psychic STAB move, allows Mr. Mime to hit SpD specially defensive walls such as Regice, Munchlax, Clefairy, and Assault Vest users hard without, in some cases, resorting to Focus Blasts or more Nasty Plots.

Set Details
========

The EVs are pretty straight(RS)forward and give Mr. Mime what it needs to succeed. The max SpA Special Attack investment gives maximum KO potential and the Speed investment works to give allows Mr. Mime a fighting chance against offensive Pokemon lower than base 90 Spe to outspeed Pokemon like Shiftry, Skuntank, Pinsir, and Stoutland. The Fightinium-Z set gives Mr. Mime a chance to break through particularly pesky walls such as Type: Null and Audino or just being able to safely go for a strong Fighting move without the fear of missing. This set also allows Mr. Mime to be used throughout the game more because of the lack of Life Orb recoil. The Life Orb set gives Mr. Mime ultimate additional firepower and immediate damage and aids in its wall(RS)breaking potential and can pick up KOs easier without being stalled out. Life Orb is riskier, however, and limits the amount of switch ins and moves Mr. Mime can use within the game. Soundproof is by far the best option because it makes Mr. Mime a nice check to Drampa by being immune to its STAB allows for Mr. Mime to offensively check Drampa due to it being immune to Hyper Voice. It can also come in on Persian-A and totally block Parting Shot, forcing a switch or a Black Hole Eclipse.

Usage Tips
========

The goal with this set is to get a Nasty Plot up and start doing damage. Again, it is possible to sweep with it, but the more realistic goal is to break through the other team's Bulky / Wall Pokemon bulkier Pokemon to make way for your other Pokemon to sweep. In the event the opposing player is running a very offensive team, Mr. Mime is strong enough to hit frail offensive Pokemon hard enough without a +2 in SpA Special Attack boost, so just firing off attacks is the best option. The easiest way to set up a Nasty Plot is to do so on Pokemon who are threatened to switch or be KOed or against a passive wall that can not harm Mr. Mime. A slow U-turn and Volt Switch from Mesprit or Lanturn can aid in getting it in on these Pokemon. Notable Pokemon Mr. Mime can set up on are Hitmonchan, Musharna, Gurdurr, Sableye, and Lanturn. Hitmonchan, Gurdurr, (AC) and Sableye can still be threatening with their strong physical hits so caution is advised. When using Life Orb Mr. Mime, it is imperative that the player limits the use of Mr. Mime and waits until a safe opportunity to set up or attack due to the limited amount of attacks that can be made used. If Z-Focus Blast is not needed for a specific wall, keep in mind that it is still the strongest move in Mime's arsenal but always be wary of the opponents Ghost-(AH)types when using it.

Team Options
========

Mr. Mime works well with pivots such as Alolan Persian-A, Lanturn, and Silvally (any silvally forme in particular?) that can use moves such as Volt Switch, U-turn, and Parting Shot to either safely get Mr. Mime in or keep momentum up on a predicted switch. A slow pivot works best, so Mr. Mime can come in without taking a hit or status move. Regirock, Ferroseed, Palossand, (AC) and Weezing are all good teammates for Mr. Mime because they provide reliable defensive switch-(AH)ins to Pokemon that threaten Mr. Mime out after he has scored a KO. Also, most of them have good Entry Hazard setting options that will work with Mr. Mime's wallbreaking potential. Fighting-(AH)types like Hitmonchan, Primeape, or Gurdurr appreciate the fact that Mr. Mime pressure Pokemon like Weezing, Musharna, (AC) and Mesprit, clearing a way for them to punch through an opponents team. The Fighting-(AH)types also deal with some problem Pokemon for Mr. Mime like Ferroseed or Steel-(AH)types in general as one has to rely on Focus Blast otherwise. It is a good idea to pair Mr. Mime up with fast attackers such as Haunter and Pyroar, on the special side, or Archeops and Kangaskhan, on the physical side, to keep up offensive pressure and to clean up a game after the opponents walls are gone. Hazard control helps Mr. Mime gives Mr. Mime a chance to retain its precious HP to use with Life Orb and to set up. Strong Defoggers like Skuntank or Shiftry can make sure hazards stay off and help trap and kill Ghost types like Haunter and Oricorio-Sensu G that otherwise threaten Mr. Mime.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Choice Scarf or Choice Specs Mr. Mime can be used as Mr. Mime's neutral coverage makes it tricky to switch into. Mime's access to Healing Wish make it a favorable pair to bulky Pokemon, walls, and Assault Vest users or can just be used to keep up momentum. Although Mr. Mime faces competition with other Healing Wish Scarfers Choice Scarf users like Mesprit and Lilligant and his its slightly faster and stronger cousin Jynx, Mr. Mime can still be a suitable Pokemon for the position especially since it exclusively has access to Trick and Healing Wish. (reword this point, it gives off the impression that jynx has access to healing wish, as well.) Another tool that can be used against stall is Substitute + Nasty Plot. Substitute helps avoid status from Pokemon like Audino and Gastrodon. Substitute can be annoying to use, however, because Mr. Mime can't take hits very well so the Substitute will not last against many hits. Mr. Mime can also take a more sweeping set with the use of Z-Hypnosis, which gives a +1 boost in Speed and a chance to put the opponent asleep. This kind of set, however, is used done better by Jynx's Z-Lovely Kiss set on account of Jynx's higher Speed, SpA Special Attack, access to a strong Ice STAB, (AC) and Lovely Kiss being having a higher accuracy than Hypnosis (75% v.s. 60%). Mr. Mime's abilities are not fantastic options as Technician doesn't boost anything important and Filter is limited to only Poison, Steel, and Ghost hits which can possibly help versus match ups like Oricorio-Sensu or Misdreavus. (the part about technician seems unnecessary since you mention it doesn't boost the power of any of its moves. the part about filter is fine, but could be reworded.) Encore can be added to the set because of its potential to create set(RS)up opportunities, but this comes at the cost of reducing Mr. Mime's coverage. Psychic can be ran on Mr. Mime to have a more powerful neutral hit, but Psyshock utility is usually preferred because of how most walls in the meta tier are polarized towards either physical Def or SpD, so Psyshock offers an option against high SpD walls like Audino or Assault Vest users it hits otherwise troublesome specially bulky Pokemon on the physical side.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fast Physical Attackers**: Mr. Mime's HP and Defense are bulk is terrible, (AC) so almost anything that hits with physical moves and is faster can revenge kill Mr. Mime. This list includes such threats as Archeops, Alolan Dugtrio-A, Floatzel, and Lycanroc.

**Priority Users**: Pokemon like Absol, Raticate-A, and Skuntank can KO Mr. Mime with Sucker Punch with enough prior damage due to its poor physical bulk. Mr. Mime and practically OHKO it and Pokemon who run Kangaskhan can severely dent Mr. Mime with Fake Out and then finish it with Sucker Punch.

**Ghost-(AH)types**: Mr. Mime does not have a super effective move to hit bulky Ghost-(AH)types such as Dusknoir, Golurk, and Palossand and is threatened by their super effective Ghost-type STAB attacks. (use a different example besides golurk since it isn't as bulky as the other two are.) Mr. Mime also struggles with faster Ghost types like Silvally-Ghost, Oricorio-Sensu G, and Haunter which can threaten to knock Mr. Mime out.

**Bulky Pokemon**: This check includes blanket Pokemon that are mostly unafraid of An unboosted Mr. Mime struggles with specially bulky Pokemon such as Lanturn, Mudsdale, and Musharna,and they can threaten to either KO Mr. Mime or put it on a timer with Toxic in return. This results in Mr. Mime potentially being forced out instead of the opposing Pokemon. These Pokemon include Ferroseed, Mudsdale, Regirock, and many Silvally forms. (ferro, regi, and null hate being heavily chunked or ko'd by all-out pummeling, boosted in power by np or not.)

Last edited:

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
In future, I would advise against amchecking something that's already been amchecked to avoid confusion and removing the GPer's need to prioritise.

GP 1/2
allstarapology add/change remove comments
me add removecomments

[OVERVIEW]

Mr. Mime possesses a notable niche over other Psychic-(AH)types like Mesprit and Jynx thanks to its Fairy typing and Fairy STAB (and stab hoestly seems redundant with typing because pokemon almost always run stab. up to you if you want to remove it though). Its core Nasty Plot set works well against balanced bulky teams and stall teams by breaking through walls and hitting surprisingly hard with its perfect neutral coverage. Its coverage and Speed tier can also be used to hit offensive teams. Mr. Mime fits nicely in the meta tier of strong Fighting-(AH)types, Poison-(AH)types, (AC) and bulky Psychic-(AH)types (when listing types, feel free to cut the -type from all but the last one, for example Fire-, Water-, and Grass-types) by being able to threaten all of a lot of (all -> a lot of is a content change because it implies less. I appreciate that you're pu qc but generally changes like these are avoided/comments are left instead) them on teams. Its Fairy typing also helps it be serve as a reliable check to scary threatening Dragon-(AH)types in the tier like Drampa and Alolan Exeggutor. Although Mr. Mime's Speed is slightly above average, it is slow enough where it can be fairly easy for Mr. Mime to be scared out by faster Pokemon due to its poor physical bulk defense and HP. Its defenses also leave it susceptible to priority moves and Pursuit trapping, (AC) which can make it hard to use. While its Fairy typing can lend a hand in checking fighting types easier Fighting-types more easily, Mr. Mime still faces a lot of competition in usage with from its fellow Psychic-type cousin Jynx, (AC) who often is which is often more of an offensive threat thanks to its slightly higher Speed and Ice coverage.

[SET]
(AS)
[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Nasty Plot is the core of the set and will be used to break through walls. Dazzling Gleam is a must on this set because, apart from being STAB, it gives Mr. Mime an edge over Dark-(AH)types, especially Sabeleye. Focus Blast hits the numerous Steel, Rock, and Normal Steel-, Rock-, and Normal-type walls such as Ferroseed, Togedemaru, Probopass, Cradily, (AC) and Type: Null that would otherwise switch into Mr. Mime. Psyshock, while being Mr. Mime's Psychic-type STAB move, allows Mr. Mime to hit SpD specially defensive walls such as Regice, Munchlax, Clefairy, and Assault Vest users hard without, in some cases, resorting to Focus Blasts or more Nasty Plots.

Set Details
========

The EVs are pretty straight(RS)forward and give Mr. Mime what it needs to succeed. (fluff) The Maximum SpA Special Attack investment gives maximum KO potential (this is super vague; either change it to "allows Mr. Mime to hit hard" or explain what KOs it actually gives) and the Speed investment works to give allows Mr. Mime a fighting chance against offensive Pokemon lower than base 90 Spe to outspeed Pokemon like Shiftry, Skuntank, Pinsir, and Stoutland. The Fightinium-(RH) (your change is correct just leave a comment because it's hard to see) Z set gives Mr. Mime a chance to break through particularly pesky walls such as Type: Null and Audino or just being able to safely go for a strong Fighting-type move without the fear of missing. This set also allows Mr. Mime to be used throughout the game more because of the lack of Life Orb recoil. The Life Orb set gives Mr. Mime ultimate additional firepower and immediate damage and aids in its wall(RS)breaking potential and can pick up KOs easier more easily without being stalled out. (again super vague) Life Orb is riskier, however, and limits the amount of switch ins number of switch-ins and moves Mr. Mime can use within the game. Soundproof is by far the best option because it makes Mr. Mime a nice check to Drampa by being immune to its STAB allows for Mr. Mime to offensively check Drampa due to it being immune to Hyper Voice. It can also come in on Alolan Persian-A and totally block Parting Shot, forcing a switch or a Black Hole Eclipse.

Usage Tips
========

The goal with this set is to get a Nasty Plot up and start doing damage. Again, It is possible to sweep with it, but the more realistic goal is to break through the other team's Bulky / Wall Pokemon bulkier Pokemon to make way for your other Pokemon to sweep. In the event the opposing player is running a very offensive team, Mr. Mime is strong enough to hit frail offensive Pokemon hard enough without a +2 in SpA Special Attack boost, so just firing off attacks is the best option. The easiest way to set up a Nasty Plot is to do so on Pokemon who are threatened to switch or be KOed or against a passive wall that can not harm Mr. Mime a free switch or a passive Pokemon. (what) A slow U-turn and or Volt Switch from Mesprit or Lanturn can aid in getting it Mr. Mime in on these Pokemon. Notable Pokemon Mr. Mime can set up on are Hitmonchan, Musharna, Gurdurr, Sableye, and Lanturn. Hitmonchan, Gurdurr, (AC) and Sableye can still be threatening with their strong physical hits, (AC) so caution is advised. When using Life Orb Mr. Mime, it is imperative that the player limits the use of Mr. Mime and waits until a safe opportunity to set up or attack due to the limited amount number of attacks that can be made used. If Z-Focus Blast All-Out Pummeling is not needed for a specific wall, keep in mind that it is still the strongest move in Mr. Mime's arsenal, (AC) but always be wary of the opponents opponent's Ghost-(AH)types when using it.

Team Options
========

Mr. Mime works well with pivots such as Alolan Persian-A, Lanturn, and Silvally (any silvally forme in particular?) that can use moves such as Volt Switch, U-turn, and Parting Shot to either safely get Mr. Mime in or keep momentum up on a predicted switch. A slow pivot works best, (RC) so Mr. Mime can come in without taking a hit or status move. Regirock, Ferroseed, Palossand, (AC) and Weezing are all good teammates for Mr. Mime because they provide reliable defensive switch-(AH)ins to Pokemon that threaten Mr. Mime out after he it has scored a KO. (such as?) Also, most of them have good entry hazard setting options that will work with Mr. Mime's wallbreaking potential. Fighting-(AH)types like Hitmonchan, Primeape, or and Gurdurr appreciate the fact that Mr. Mime pressure Pokemon like Weezing, Musharna, (AC) and Mesprit, clearing a way for them to punch through an opponents opponent's team. The Fighting-(AH)types also deal with some problem Pokemon for Mr. Mime like Ferroseed or and Steel-(AH)types in general, (AC) as one has to rely on Focus Blast otherwise. It is a good idea to pair Mr. Mime up with fast special attackers such as Haunter and Pyroar, on the special side, or physical attackers such as Archeops and Kangaskhan, on the physical side, to keep up offensive pressure and to clean up a game after the opponents opponent's walls are gone. Hazard control helps Mr. Mime gives Mr. Mime a chance to retain its precious HP to use with Life Orb and to set up. Strong Defoggers like Skuntank or and Shiftry can make sure hazards stay off and help trap and kill Ghost types KO Ghost-types like Haunter and Oricorio-SensuG that otherwise threaten Mr. Mime.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Choice Scarf or Choice Specs Mr. Mime can be used, (AC) as Mr. Mime's neutral coverage makes it tricky to switch into. Mr. Mime's access to Healing Wish makes it a favorable pair to bulky Pokemon, walls, and Assault Vest users or can just be used to keep up momentum. Although Mr. Mime faces competition with other Healing Wish Scarfers Choice Scarf users like Mesprit and Lilligant and his its slightly faster and stronger cousin competition Jynx, Mr. Mime can still be a suitable Pokemon for the position, (AC) especially since it exclusively has access to Trick and Healing Wish. (reword this point, it gives off the impression that jynx has access to healing wish, as well.) Another tool that can be used against stall is Substitute + Nasty Plot. Substitute helps avoid status from Pokemon like Audino and Gastrodon, (AC) but it. Substitute can be annoying to use, however, because Mr. Mime can't take hits very well, (AC) so the Substitute will not last against many hits. Mr. Mime can also take a more sweeping set with the use of Z-Hypnosis, which gives a +1 boost in Speed and a chance to put the opponent foe asleep. This kind of set, however, is used done better by Jynx's Z-Lovely Kiss set on account of Jynx's higher Speed, SpA Special Attack, access to a strong Ice-type STAB move, (AC) and Lovely Kiss being having a higher accuracy than Hypnosis (75% v.s. 60%). Mr. Mime's abilities are not fantastic options, (AC) as Technician doesn't boost anything important and Filter is limited to only Poison, Steel, and Ghost hits Poison-, Steel-, and Ghost-type hits, (AC) which can possibly help versus match ups like Oricorio-Sensu or Oricorio-G and Misdreavus. (the part about technician seems unnecessary since you mention it doesn't boost the power of any of its moves. the part about filter is fine, but could be reworded.) Encore can be added to the set because of its potential to create set(RS)up opportunities, but this comes at the cost of reducing Mr. Mime's coverage. Psychic can be ran run on Mr. Mime to have a more powerful neutral hit, but Psyshock utility is usually preferred because of how most walls in the meta tier are polarized towards either physical Def or SpD, so Psyshock offers an option against high SpD walls like Audino or Assault Vest users it hits otherwise troublesome specially bulky Pokemon on the physical side.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fast Physical Attackers**: Mr. Mime's HP and Defense are physical bulk is terrible, (AC) so almost anything that hits with physical moves and is faster can revenge kill Mr. Mime. This list includes such threats as Archeops, Alolan Dugtrio-A, Floatzel, and Lycanroc.

**Priority Users**: Pokemon like Absol, Alolan Raticate-A, and Skuntank can KO Mr. Mime with Sucker Punch with enough prior damage due to its poor physical bulk. Mr. Mime and practically OHKO it and Pokemon who run Kangaskhan can severely dent Mr. Mime with Fake Out and then finish it with Sucker Punch.

**Ghost-(AH)types**: Mr. Mime does not have a super effective move to hit bulky Ghost-(AH)types such as Dusknoir, Golurk, and Palossand and is threatened by their super effective Ghost-type STAB attacks. (use a different example besides golurk since it isn't as bulky as the other two are.) Mr. Mime also struggles with faster Ghost-(AH)types like Silvally-Ghost, Oricorio-SensuG, and Haunter, (AC) which can threaten to knock Mr. Mime out.

**Bulky Pokemon**: This check includes blanket Pokemon that are mostly unafraid of An unboosted Mr. Mime struggles with specially bulky Pokemon such as Lanturn, Mudsdale, and Musharna, and they can threaten to either KO Mr. Mime or put it on a timer with Toxic in return. This results in Mr. Mime potentially being forced out instead of the opposing Pokemon. These Pokemon include Ferroseed, Mudsdale, Regirock, and many Silvally forms. (ferro, regi, and null hate being heavily chunked or ko'd by all-out pummeling, boosted in power by np or not.)

MadMax123 In future, please try to follow the GP standards as much as possible when sending an analysis to GP, and use this method to implement this check. Things like not capitalising moves and hyphenating can be fixed very easily by simply proofreading. This makes it a lot easier to for your analysis GPed and makes implementing checks a lot more easier as well. I would also strongly advise you to read any amchecks given even if you don't wish to implement them, because both checkers picked up on these aspects. Feel free to ask anyone on the GP discord for help with any of the rules if need be.

Alright, I will read up on that for next time. I've also just been falling behind in general and still needed to get to finishing the am checks. Thanks!

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader

remove add / fix (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 2/2
[OVERVIEW]

Mr. Mime possesses a notable niche over other Psychic-types like Mesprit and Jynx thanks to its secondary Fairy typing. Its Nasty Plot set works well against balance and stall teams by breaking through walls and hitting surprisingly hard with its perfect neutral coverage. Its coverage and Speed tier can also be used to hit offensive teams. Mr. Mime fits nicely in the tier of strong Fighting-, Poison-, and bulky Psychic-types by being able to threaten a lot of them. Its Fairy typing also helps it serve as a reliable check to threatening Dragon-types (AH) in the tier like Drampa and Alolan Exeggutor. However, although Mr. Mime's Speed is slightly above average, it is slow enough to be scared out by faster Pokemon due to its poor physical bulk and HP. Its defenses also leave it susceptible to priority moves and Pursuit trapping, which can make it hard to use. While its Fairy typing can lend a hand in checking Fighting-types more easily, Mr. Mime still faces a lot of competition from fellow Psychic-type Jynx, which is often more of an offensive threat thanks to its slighty higher Speed and Ice coverage.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Nasty Plot lets Mr. Mime set up and break through walls. Dazzling Gleam is a must on this set because, apart from being gaining STAB, it gives Mr. Mime an edge over Dark-types, especially Sableye. Focus Blast hits the numerous Steel-, Rock-, and Normal-type walls such as Ferroseed, Togedemaru, Probopass, Cradily, and Type: Null that would otherwise switch into Mr. Mime. Psyshock, while being Mr. Mime's Psychic-type STAB move, allows Mr. Mime to hit specially defensive walls such as Regice, Munchlax, Clefairy, and Assault Vest users hard without resorting having to resort to Focus Blast or setting up more Nasty Plots.

Set Details
========

Maximum Special Attack investment allows Mr. Mime to hit as hard as possible, (AC) and the Speed investment allows Mr. Mime to outspeed Pokemon like Shiftry, Skuntank, Pinsir, and Stoutland. The Fightinium Z set gives Mr. Mime a chance to break through particularly pesky walls such as Type: Null and Audino or safely go for a strong Fighting-type move without the fear of missing. This set also allows Mr. Mime to be used throughout the game more because of the lack of Life Orb recoil. The Life Orb set, on the other hand, gives Mr. Mime additional firepower and immediate damage and aids in its wallbreaking potential and can ability to pick up KOs more easily, namely on Pokemon like Magmortar and Eelektross. Life Orb is riskier, however, and limits the number of switch-ins and moves times Mr. Mime can switch in or attack use within the game. Soundproof is by far the best option for Mr. Mime's ability because it allows Mr. Mime to offensively check Drampa due to it being by making it immune to Hyper Voice. It can also come in on Alolan Persian and block Parting Shot, forcing a switch or a Black Hole Eclipse.

Usage Tips
========

The goal with this set is to get a Nasty Plot up and start doing damage. It is possible to sweep with it, but the more realistic goal is to break through the other team's bulkier Pokemon to make way for your other Pokemon to sweep. In the event the opposing player is running a very offensive team, Mr. Mime is strong enough to hit frail offensive Pokemon hard enough without a Special Attack boost, so just firing off attacks is the best option. The easiest way to set up a Nasty Plot is to do so on a threatened or passive Pokemon. A slow U-turn or Volt Switch from Mesprit or Lanturn can aid in getting Mr. Mime in on these Pokemon. Notable Pokemon Mr. Mime can set up on are Hitmonchan, Musharna, Gurdurr, Sableye, and Lanturn. Hitmonchan, Gurdurr, and Sableye can still be threatening with their strong physical hits, though, so caution is advised. When using Life Orb Mr. Mime, it is imperative that the player limits limit the use of Mr. Mime and waits wait until a safe opportunity to set up or attack due to the limited number of attacks that can be used. If All-Out Pummeling is not needed for a specific wall, keep in mind that it is still the strongest move in Mr. Mime's arsenal, but always be wary of the opponent's Ghost-types when using it.

Team Options
========

Mr. Mime works well with pivots such as Alolan Persian, Lanturn, Sivally-Ghost Silvally-Ghost, and Sivally-Fairy Silvally-Fairy that can use moves such as Volt Switch, U-turn, and Parting Shot to either safely get Mr. Mime in or keep momentum up on a predicted switch. A slow pivot works best so Mr. Mime can come in without taking a hit or status move. Regirock, Ferroseed, Palossand, and Weezing are all good teammates for Mr. Mime because they provide reliable defensive switch-ins to Pokemon that threaten Mr. Mime out after it has scored a KO such as Archeops and Floatzel. Also, most of them have good entry hazard setting options that will work with Mr. Mime's wallbreaking potential. Fighting-types like Hitmonchan, Primeape, and Gurdurr appreciate the fact that Mr. Mime can pressure Pokemon like Weezing, Musharna, and Mesprit, clearing a way for them to punch through an opponent's team. The Fighting-types also deal with some problem Pokemon for Mr. Mime like Ferroseed and Steel-types in general, as one has to rely on Focus Blast otherwise. It is a good idea to pair Mr. Mime up with fast special attackers such as Haunter and Pyroar or physical attackers such as Archeops and Kangaskhan to keep up offensive pressure and to clean up a game after the opponent's walls are gone. Hazard control gives Mr. Mime a chance to retain its precious HP to use with Life Orb and to set up. Strong Defoggers like Skuntank and Shiftry can make sure hazards stay off the field and help trap and KO Ghost-types like Haunter and Oricorio-G that otherwise threaten Mr. Mime.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Choice Scarf or Choice Specs can be used, as Mr. Mime's neutral coverage makes it tricky to switch into. Mr. Mime's access to Healing Wish makes it a favorable pair partner to bulky Pokemon, walls, and Assault Vest users, (AC) or the move can just be used to keep up momentum. Although Mr. Mime faces competition with other Healing Wish Choice Scarf users like Mesprit and Lilligant and its slightly faster and stronger competition Jynx, Mr. Mime can still be a suitable Pokemon for the position, especially since it is the only Pokemon which that has access to both Healing Wish and Trick out of the three. Another tool that can be used against stall is Substitute + Nasty Plot. Substitute helps avoid status from Pokemon like Audino and Gastrodon, but though it can be annoying to use, however, because Mr. Mime can't take hits very well, so and the Substitute will not last against many hits. Mr. Mime can also take a more of a sweeping set route with the use of Z-Hypnosis, which gives a +1 boost in Speed and a chance to put the foe asleep to sleep. This kind of set, however, is used better by Jynx's Z-Lovely Kiss set on account of Jynx's higher Speed, better Special Attack, and access to a strong Ice-type STAB move (RC) and as well as Lovely Kiss having a higher accuracy than Hypnosis. Mr. Mime's other abilities are not fantastic options, as Technician doesn't boost any important moves outside of the set and Filter is limited to only weakens Poison-, Steel-, and Ghost-type hits, which can allowing Mr. Mime to possibly take supereffective super effective attacks from Pokemon like Oricorio-G and Misdreavus but will more often not reduce reducing the damage enough for Mr. Mime to live. Encore can be added to the set because of its potential to create setup opportunities, but this comes at the cost of reducing Mr. Mime's coverage. Psychic can be run on Mr. Mime to have a more powerful neutral hit, but Psyshock's utility is usually preferred because of how it hits otherwise troublesome specially bulky Pokemon.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fast Physical Attackers**: Mr. Mime's physical bulk is terrible, so almost anything that hits with physical moves and is faster can revenge kill Mr. Mime. This includes such threats as Archeops, Alolan Dugtrio, Floatzel, and Lycanroc.

**Priority Users**: Pokemon like Absol, Alolan Raticate, and Skuntank can KO Mr. Mime with Sucker Punch with enough prior damage due to its poor physical bulk. Kangaskhan can severely dent Mr. Mime with Fake Out and then finish it with Sucker Punch.

**Ghost-types**: Mr. Mime does not have a super effective move to hit bulky Ghost-types such as Dusknoir, Gourgeist, and Palossand and is threatened by their super effective Ghost-type STAB attacks. Mr. Mime also struggles with faster Ghost-types like Silvally-Ghost, Oricorio-G, and Haunter, which can threaten to knock Mr. Mime out.

**Bulky Pokemon**: An unboosted Mr. Mime struggles with specially bulky Pokemon such as Lanturn, Mudsdale, and Musharna, as they can threaten to either KO Mr. Mime or put it on a timer with Toxic in return.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)