Natures + Legendaries ruining my games.. HELP?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Smogon. Genuinely hope I’ve got this in the right forum.

Now, first things first, I am not new to poké. I started back in the Gen 1 hype and have only missed out gen III when my friends pretty much lost interest. Never really taken it overly serious, but I want to get into more serious battling and Collecting (I've been brought up with the notion of catching them all. Now I want to try) Herein lies my problem.

I'm an inherent perfectionist. I would like to be a Wi-Fi battler as well as dabbling in things like shoddy and Poké Online. I've done my research: I know about EV's, IV's Natures etc., and know that the best way to get a good portion of Pokémon is to trade up from gen 3/4 FR/LG through my version of platinum (and HG/SS via trading) after getting the national dex (please correct me if I am wrong). However, in my research I’ve also noted that the Gen IV Psychic legendries, Mesprit/azelf/uxie, are in the OU tier, one I'd be looking to battle in. However, I haven’t managed to get onto the battling 101 programme and have not developed a solid play style and wouldn’t know what role to use any of the above in. thus, I've reached a chokepoint in my gameplay, as I have completed my white/platinum and bought a version of leafgreen I wanted to refrain from starting until I traded over the three starters. What I'm looking for is a little advice really on the best course of action...

If possible I'd like to extend the question to the natures of all legendries. How do Wi-Fi battlers choose what nature they get legendries they -MAY- want to use at some point?

I know there’s a simple question simple answer thread, but I didn’t think this was too much of a simple question. I've included as much information as I can, and any advice will be appreciated.

Cheers in advance,
-Donkey

Most Wifi battlers manipulate the games Random Number Generator into getting the natures they want. You can find more information in the Wifi sub forum. For a more traditional method, having a Pokemon with the ability Synchronize in the front of your party will give all Pokemon you encounter (stationary legends included) a 50% chance of having that Pokemon's same nature.

Also, I'd hate to be the bearer of bad news, but despite your large build up to the question, it was still very simple. Try to post stuff like this in a Simple Questions thread next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)