NFEs in UU

I haven't looked too much into it, but I played someone using a Munchlax once and it was very effective, although that was partly because I wasn't expecting it. For the sake of summarising, I'd say it functions like a Chansey that trades some bulk for the ability to attack. Definitely should be looked into further :)
Although it doesn't mean much, Horsea seems to be a better Pokemon than Seadra, simply because Seadra doesn't get Swift Swim, hahaha.
Also, I once speculated using Pupitar as a DD sweeper in Sandstorm? It would need a bit of support though. But then again, so does Shelgon :D
But then AGAIN, Gabite would be better (Sand Veil). >.<

I used Curse Munchlax a long while back and he was very, very effective. However someone pointed out that Miltank is better in almost all instances, which is true. Munchlax still takes special hits better but in the long run just use Miltank.

^
no reason to use combusken when there's blaziken

I'm sure that this has already been mentioned but Golbat makes a pretty good anti-lead thanks to Inner Focus, decent speed, and power (the little bat is in QC right now)

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It has, I had it in the OP.

Golbat:

1. Nasty Plot
Golbat @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Nasty Plot
-Air Slash
-Heat Wave
-Roost/Hidden Power Ground

You might be thinking, "lolwut?!", but this thing can actually be quite worth using. While you might be drawn to its terrible Base 65 Special Attack stat, it is good enough to use Nasty Plot with. 229 Special Attack isn't very flashy, but after a Nasty Plot, that 229 Special Attack suddenly becomes 458, which is a whole lot more threatening. Golbat's defenses aren't the best, but they aren't terrible either (75/70/70 are usable, considering his good resistances). Poison/Flying is actually quite a good defensive typing (albeit the Stealth Rock weakness), boasting a resistance to both of Venusaur's STAB while not being Registeel is pretty fantastic (If you can avoid Sleep Powder, it is a great check to Venusaur). It can also switch into Close Combats fired by Hitmonlee and stuff with its 4x resistance to Fighting.
Golbat isn't lacking in the Speed department either, Base 90 is tieing with Moltres. Onto the attacks, Air Slash is for STAB, and Heat Wave provides pretty good coverage alongside it. Roost for recovery and Sucker Punch dodging, but Hidden Power Ground lets you hit stuff like Aggron.

2. Brave Bat
Golbat @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
-Brave Bird
-U-Turn/Hypnosis/Super Fang
-Taunt
-Roost

Number 2 on the list, but certainly not in terms of viability. Pretty much a Crobat-lite, this thing can dent things, scout, Taunt, and pretty much do everything. Base 80 Attack may not look like much, but LO Brave Bird still hurts quite a lot. U-Turn allows you to scout, Hypnosis is meh, but Super Fang can soften walls for you. Taunt + Super Fang pretty much destroys shit like Registeel and Chansey. I don't think I have to go over Crobat's resistances and ok defenses again, right??

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I've been using Dusclops to mild success on a stall team. It gets Seismic Toss AND Night Shade, for those interested.

if you listed Monferno, couldn't Combusken theoretically work as well?
It could, but it doesn't have selling points like Monferno's Close Combat, Mach Punch, relatively high speed stat, Grass Knot, U-Turn, Nasty Plot... Come to think of it, there would be no reason to run Combusken > Monferno, the only thing 'Busken has over 'Ferno are 2 extra points in both attacking stats and somewhat better defences. Also, Combusken is obviously outclassed by Blaziken.

Rhydon is more defensive than rhyperior in my opinion. When it comes to taking neutral physical hits rhydon does the job much better so I wouldn't consider rhyperior completely outclassing it's pre-evo

Rhydon is more defensive than rhyperior in my opinion. When it comes to taking neutral physical hits rhydon does the job much better so I wouldn't consider rhyperior completely outclassing it's pre-evo
I guess you are talking about Eviolite, but if you take a closer look to the thread you'll notice it is about gen 4, and there is no Eviolite there.
Thus Rhyperior is the more defensive one.

Rhydon has 105/120/45 defenses versus Rhyperior's 115/130/55. Rhyperior clearly has better defenses without factoring in any boosts.

TBH, I seriously doubt you'll want to use either as a wall in fourth generation UU battles. Rock/Ground is pretty bad defensive typing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)