Skuntank @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 232 Atk / 132 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Taunt

Hi, not a big fan of this Claydol set but I tried to do something. So I thought that Lanturn was cool since it's always nice to have a special Water, Fire and Rotom check. Miltank is the rocker but also a cool Ice check and a glue that helps against Aurorus, Abomasnow, Shiftry etc while Rotom gives the team speed control but it also checks fairly well Flying-type Pokemon such as Scyther and Archeops, but it also gives the team momentum alongside Lanturn which is nice. Gurdurr looked cool since it gives another answer to Shiftry, but also a decent win condition, but it also has the ability to softly check offensive threats such as CB Aggron. At that point, I thought that the best way to finish the team was to add Skuntank. It gives the team a Psychic immunity, which was pretty important IMO, alongside a check to Mega Audino. Overall, this team looks pretty fun.
Edit: Signal Beam > Trick on Rotom to help against Malamar.​

Last edited:
Hi requesting an offensive team built around 2 sweepers: Calm Mind Mega Audino and Swords Dance Samurott. Sets:

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

CroDino, after a couple of Calm Minds this set is damn near unbreakable. Calm Mind patches up Audino's low Special Attack and takes its Special Defence to untouchable levels. Dazzling Gleam is the STAB - although weaker than Hyper Voice, nothing's immune to it. Rest restores health and cures status. Sleep Talk lets Audino act while asleep.

Samurott @ Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Megahorn
- Aqua Jet

Swords Dance gives Samurott epic power. Waterfall is the main STAB; Aqua Jet gets priority. Megahorn hits the Grass types that resist the STABs. The EVs give enough Speed to outrun max Speed Torterra, with attack maximised to hit as hard as possible, and the rest in HP for bulk. Lum Berry lets Samurott heal from status, although I'm open to using a Splash Plate instead.

Thanks in advance.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Samurott @ Lum Berry
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Megahorn
- Aqua Jet

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Dusknoir @ Choice Band
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch

Kangaskhan (F) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

Hitmonchan (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

ChrystalFalchion team. samurott and audino both love hazard support to aid in sweeping, garbodor is the best hazard setter in the tier and frankly like 50% of teams are weak to tspikes (read: teams w/o skunk or garb). Dusknoir is broken and by far the most reliable spin blocker. Kang loves the spikes and dents walls for your two sweepers, chan provides glue and ensure you dont lose to other hazard stack teams cuz they're dumb and don't use dusknoir

bolts thinks the team is slow, if thats actually an issue use swellow or tauros > kang, but tbh i think slow teams are fine in this meta when u have behemoths like audino and dusk to tank all ur hits

Thanks very much, I'm surprised you built this team so quickly, when I requested a UU team it took several weeks (was a great team though so can't complain). The only change I made was switching Dusknoir for Golurk - Dusknoir just didn't hit very hard, and with Choice Band it found itself getting worn down very quickly. Golurk hits much harder and also brings an Electric immunity. This is a great team, from a new alt I've already gone past 1300 with only one loss so far. Here are some replays of it in action.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-442463659 - Audino takes on Vivillion in a boosting war and wins.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-442465468 - Samurott utterly destroys the opponent

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-442467951 Samurott and Audino work together to wreck the opposing team. Spikes and Toxic Spikes are surprisingly powerful in this meta.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-442476590 Kangaskhan smashes the opponent's team wide open after my opponent forgets about Scrappy (quite a few people do surprisingly)

Last edited:

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
And kiyos hatred for ground resists continue :3

I was wondering if I could potentially have a team built around Lure Steelix. I can't really post the set because I can't remember the Evs n stuff, but I really like lure lix as an overall Mon.

Thanks in advance n_n

And kiyos hatred for ground resists continue :3

I was wondering if I could potentially have a team built around Lure Steelix. I can't really post the set because I can't remember the Evs n stuff, but I really like lure lix as an overall Mon.

Thanks in advance n_n
I think Lurelix is

Steelix @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head / Iron Tail
- Earthquake
- Thunder Fang / Fire Fang / Crunch

Speed lets you outrun uninvested Mega Audino, Thunder Fang hurts Pelliper and Mantine, Fire Fang hurts Ferroseed, Crunch hurts Rotom and Musharna

Last edited:

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Crunch is also a move that it can use to lure Rotom, and the special set is equally likely with Earth Power / Flash Cannon / Dark Pulse. Regardless the builder should be free to pick whatever lure set they want.

Also thanks Earth for the cool team; took a bit of getting used to but it managed to support Claydol quite well as it and Skuntank blow holes for Gurdurr to sweep with in the end game. Don't have much more feedback than that tbh, lots of fun and got me using some mons I don't normally use (Miltank, Lefties Lanturn).

Yeah, I like the team too. I'm actually 4-0 with it :D Earth
Crunch is also a move that it can use to lure Rotom, and the special set is equally likely with Earth Power / Flash Cannon / Dark Pulse. Regardless the builder should be free to pick whatever lure set they want.

Also thanks Earth for the cool team; took a bit of getting used to but it managed to support Claydol quite well as it and Skuntank blow holes for Gurdurr to sweep with in the end game. Don't have much more feedback than that tbh, lots of fun and got me using some mons I don't normally use (Miltank, Lefties Lanturn).

etern

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NU Leader
Lure Steelix Team
Requested by: Yogibears
Built by: Eternally

Steelix @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Thunder Fang / Dark Pulse

Samurott @ Mystic Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Megahorn

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earthquake

Lilligant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Healing Wish

Rotom @ Spell Tag
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Hey Yogibears. Personally im not a huge fan of Lure Steelix simply because it loses so many of the qualities teams rely on for it, however it does work pretty well on Offense for smacking common defensive stuff like Weezing, Xatu, and Ferrosseed with Flash Cannon and Earth Power respectively. The last slot is a toss up between luring and OHKOing Mantine and Pelipper with Thunder Fang, or nailing Rotom with Dark Pulse. Either move would be fine and tbh its just a matter of personal preference, so ill leave that up to you. I partnered it up with SD Samurott since it loves having fat stuff like Weezing, Garb, Ferro, Mantine, and Gourgeist-XL weakened before it attempts to sweep. I went with Jolly Samu because Modest Specs Mesprit is literally everywhere right now, and apart from Steelix who takes one hit, the team can get pressured if Mesprit gets too many free switches. Again, Mystic Water is a personal preference of mine, but Lum could just as easily be used. Next I decided to fill out the next 2 slots with a standard FWG core of AV Magmortar to blanket check Fire- and Ice-types, and Scarf Lilligant for a neat revenge killer, water check, and HW supporter in one. At this point the team looked like it was very squishy towards Fighting-types and Normal-types so I added a standard spikestack core of Spell Tag Rotom and Garbodor which covered everything I needed it to and helped wear down teams for either a Scarf Lilli or SD Samu sweep. Overall, this team is super standard, but I feel like this is the type of build which Lure Steelix thrives in, and probably the easiest way to let it shine. Hope you enjoy the team.

Specs Lapras Team
Requested by: carcy
Built by: Shaneghoul

Lapras @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Freeze-Dry
- Frost Breath
- Signal Beam

Scyther @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 200 SpD / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
EVs: 168 Atk / 196 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab
- Crunch/Pursuit

Pretty simple idea, scyther forces in rocks, steels and garbodors giving lapras an opportunity to nuke after you u-turn. Rhydon is the rocker while also serving as the normal resist, chan provides hazard control while also being a nice check to special attackers. Edge is required since zard is annoying otherwise (it still is anyway). Weezing is the obligatory fighting resist while also providing tspike support which is just generally nice. Finally skunk gives me a psychic resist, tspike absorber, wisp absorber, jynx answer, prio... skunk pretty much does everything. Crunch over suit is nice since it lets you beat helmet xatu and most ghosts just assume pursuit nowadays when they see lum anyway so it's not as important as it once was imo. Still a nice option though ofc since trapping is always nice. Have fun and make sure you don't go up against any jolly sd samus! :D

Last edited:

Jisoo

two slow dancers last ones out
is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
hi
requesting a balance-oriented team around CB Flareon
Flareon @ Choice Band
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Quick Attack
- Will-O-Wisp
make changes if u want etc etc but this is a rly cool mon rn i like it and want a good team with it

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Requesting a balanced team made around Curse Gastrodon + Sap Sipper Miltank.
gastrodon.png
miltank.png

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Recover

Miltank @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Milk Drink
- Body Slam / Seismic Toss
- Toxic / Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock / Heal Bell

I think these two can make a pretty nice pair, with Curse Gastrodon acting as a bulky win condition that checks threats like Aggron and Kabutops, but it needs Grass-types removed in order for it to sweep. Sap Sipper Miltank helps with Grass-types, especially walling the prominent Lilligant, and also acts as a Sleep Powder absorber, which is very good in this meta full of Sleep Powder abusers. It also acts as a very nice check to physical attackers like Archeops and Tauros, which can threaten unboosted Gastrodon due to Gastrodon not investing as much into it's physical defense. While this core still needs helps with stuff like Fighting-types, I think it can make a pretty good balanced team. Thanks in advance!

Choice Banded Flareon Balance
Requested by: Watchog

Flareon @ Choice Band
Ability: Flash Fire
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Quick Attack
- Sleep Talk

Skuntank @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Dark Pulse
- Defog
- Fire Blast

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot

Rhydon @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 148 SpD / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Signal Beam

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Energy Ball

While I personally don't think flareon is a very good mon I figured the best way to support it so that it could do as much breaking as possible would be to provide it with strong hazard control and the ability to be brought in by a momentum grabbing move (u-turn, volt switch), so that's what I did :D
I originally started off with the core of flare + hitmonchan but as the team advanced I realised I was super mesp weak so I ended up replacing it with skunk. Regardless, this alongside xatu provide excellent hazard support allowing you to win the hazard war the majority of games. Skunk also serves as a semi rhydon and gastro lure with shuca hp grass and xatu provides u-turn support while also luring rhydon and gastro. Next I was looking pretty electric weak and needed a normal resist, rhydon fit perfectly as it's a rocker that can pressure xatu, again helping win the hazard war. SD is chosen as the last move to help soften the mega audino matchup since I had to drop acid spray on skunk for hp grass. At this point water types, and special attackers in general were looking like a huge issue so I added av lanturn. A great pivot being able to bring in flareon freely while also sponging hits from stuff like float and pyroar. Finally I wanted some kind of secondary fighting resist and some form of speed control. Scarf mesp fit perfectly here as it 1) serves as a late game cleaner with it's speed 2) kept fast stuff in check 3) kept sd samu in check with eball 4) provides even more u-turn support for flare and 5) provides healing wish support allowing flare to break even more!:D (although in practice i've found you don't end up healing flare very much since in practice flare just isn't that good and is usually only good for 1 kill a game at most). So there's the team! A bit weak to some stuff (sd samu, fighting spam and special attackers that overwhelm xatu) but realistically you're going to be weak to some stuff if you're using flare, however there's nothing that I can see which you outright lose to and any match up should be winnable if you play it smartly, it's also performed well enough for me in testing. Hope you enjoy and good luck :D

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
can I have a team built around SubToxic Mantine :0

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Scald
- Air Slash

This is actually a really standard set right now but I've yet to make a team that utilizes it well. It seems like a really fun balance breaker and so this mon is rising in popularity, for good reason. I don't really know what else to say about SubToxic Mantine that has already been said. Preferably the team would be BO, Balance or Offense. I'm sorry that I'm requesting a boring thing but whatever ;3 I'll be grateful if anyone builds this for me.

Thanks!

Why not HP Electric for other mantine since you're offensive
can I have a team built around SubToxic Mantine :0

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Scald
- Air Slash

This is actually a really standard set right now but I've yet to make a team that utilizes it well. It seems like a really fun balance breaker and so this mon is rising in popularity, for good reason. I don't really know what else to say about SubToxic Mantine that has already been said. Preferably the team would be BO, Balance or Offense. I'm sorry that I'm requesting a boring thing but whatever ;3 I'll be grateful if anyone builds this for me.

Thanks!

dibs

double iron bashes
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm a big fan of Roselia but have no idea where to start in NU. Would love a balance style of hazard stack utilising it, but anything with Rose would be great.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey can someone make me a good Simisage team? I want to test this out some more; I think most of my issues with this mon are because I'm bad at using it and I'm biased as a result.

Last edited:
Curse Gastrodon + Sap Sipper moo balance
Requested by: Cheryl.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Recover

Miltank @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
Impish Nature
- Milk Drink
- Body Slam
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 168 Def / 252 SpD / 48 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Scald
- Volt Switch

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Seed Bomb

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Roost

Grumpig @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
- Focus Blast

Curse Gastro + Sap sipper is a pretty fun core for obvious reasons since they really help each other, especially with cow providing heal bell support which is honestly amazing since practically every team has something with toxic and uses it to slow down gastro. The first thing I added was lanturn because I really wanted a good check to sub tox mantine since that just dumpsters the core. Lant also just serves as a generally good pivot being able to grab momentum so well. Team was looking pretty fighting weak and at this point i kinda knew the team would end up being pretty fat so I added garb which adds a fighting resist, but more importantly gives the team spike support which is invaluable in a fat vs fat matchup since it means gastro can pressure stuff like vileplume a lot harder before trying to start breaking. Body slam cow is also really helpful in that regard as the paras are pretty useful for gastro as it means even with a curse up you can still outspeed some stuff, meaning they can't straight force you out. Xatu came next as spikes were looking pretty annoying as was gurdurr, it also added another wincon in a sense as cm is really nice for taking on stall and other fat teams. Colbur psychic is to help with gurdurr and garb. Finally I had no freeze dry resist and aurorus (and vanilluxe :D) just kinda won. I didn't really think yama was a great fit so I opted to go with grumpig to check them. The speed and ability to check malamar pig provides is useful, but most importantly it completes are healthy balanced diet with cow, fish and pig. It also works nice as a cm mon in tandem with xatu as one can weaken the other's checks giving the other opportunities to put in work, focus blast is also a great asset and the mon does really help with the offense matchup.

And there's the team! I won most of the test games I played, although curse gastro never really did much tbh. I kept the gastro evs you specified in case they do something particular but if they don't I'd add a bit more to defense and take from sp def as at the moment sd rhydon with rocks up is an issue. If there's any questions you have on the team don't hesitate to vm me, good luck and have fun! :D

Simisage squadron​
Requested by: erisia
Built by: myself

Piloswine @ Eviolite
EVs: 220 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Simisage @ Choice Specs
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Xatu @ Charti Berry
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Roost
- Grass Knot
- U-turn

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 SpA / 132 SpD / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Focus Blast

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Signal Beam

hey. i think that simisage is pretty cool and imo the coolest set is specs b/c being able to spam leaf storm is always super fun and i just think that it's pretty effective that way. anyway, i decided to go for volturn support so i went with xatu and lanturn with it. i went with charti xatu b/c the team ended up being quite weak to dd don after one rock polish, so having a way to surprise it with it plus grass knot is fun, lanturn is standard av. the team needed some kind of fighting check so i went with garbodor b/c having spike support is also super important and garbodor is just good af. so yea after that i needed sr support but also some kind of ice-type check so i went with piloswine, which is a rly great rocker and mon in general imo. ended up the team with scarf rotom b/c it's a fun flying check that gives the team speed control, and also a way to revenge kill malamar away thanks to signal beam (u can also bop shiftrys since they will most likely always click knock off).
overall i think this team is pretty fun and fairly solid, have fun

Last edited:
Rose Team Dump inc lol
Requested by: Dibs The Dreamer
Team 1 - Fat Rose Balance

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Atk / 196 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar/Toxic
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis
- Foul Play
- Leech Seed

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Bullet Punch/Fake Out

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Roost
- Grass Knot

Liepard @ Choice Band
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- U-turn

My original plan with rose was to build a fat team with a cleaner that really appreciated the hazard support, and that's what happened with this one. Rose Lix Geist form a really nice hazard stacking core with geist serving as a spinblocker while also checking ground and fighting types that the other two lose to. Lix and rose cover a large amount of the meta and support each other very well in what they check i.e rose checks waters, lix checks flyers. At this point I was really fire and ice weak so yama seemed and obvious fit, I went with eq since it's really nice luring in garb and fake out didn't really seem very necessary considering I didn't have tspikes support, bp and fake out are really just personal preference and honestly I normally need a lot of practice with a team before I decide which is definitely better on the team. At this point I was looking really spikes weak so I added pivot xatu, this also gives me a good way of hitting plume and weezing which were quite annoying at this point. I like grass knot because psychic 1v1s ferro anyway and knot still lets you 1v1 lix. Finally I was looking really weak to opposing xatus and the team was looking a bit slow so CB liepard was the perfect fit as it appreciates the spikes and has the ability to tear through weakened team while also providing pursuit support. The team performed very well in practice however after looking it over I realised it was super similar to Teddeh's RMT which didn't really sit right with me, so I went back to the drawing board and made another team!

Bulky Offense/Balance Rose

My Mom (Roselia) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 136 SpD / 124 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Rock Bottom (Regirock) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss

Kim (Mesprit) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Healing Wish

Evil Twin (Gourgeist-Small) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 36 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Synthesis

Stan (Hariyama) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Fake Out/Bullet Punch

Bad Guy (Tauros) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

After my last team I realised that building hard balance wouldn't work so I decided to take a bit more of an offensive approach to it, covering less and instead using the spikes to provide cleaning support to threats. This team went through a few phases before I settled with this one but I'm glad I did because I'm quite happy without how this turned out. I really liked the idea of roselia regi as it covered so much while still provide a hazard stacking core that pressured xatu, unlike rose lix. Again I resorted to geist as the closer of this core as it covered the waters, fighters and rhydons that this core really struggled with. I opted to go with small geist as it meant I could use it to keep jynx in check and pressure xatu as 36 Spa shadow ball 2hkos, providing great relief for my hazard setters. At this point ice types like aurorus were a huge issue as they could get in quite easily and just nuke something so I opted to go with yama. This also meant that regi wasn't super pressured trying to deal with stuff like pyroar and mag, meaning it could better check the likes of tauros and scyther. Eq on yama is due to the team not having hazard control, so at least garb doesn't get free spikes. I messed around with these last two for a while before finally settling on special scarf mesp + tauros. Seeing as I had no psychic resist I needed to fit one in with these last two slots, but I didn't think any darks fitted so I went with a pretty soft check in scarf mesp + pursuit tauros. I originally had scarf ada mesp but I quickly reverted to special after realising it was bad. Mesp and tauros also provide much needed speed and incredible cleaning ability with the spikes and healing wish support. Overall this team has been really fun to use and it suits my personal style a lot more then the first one so I'm glad I decided to make it. I also one and official roomtour tm with it so it must be good !

Lead Rose Offense

My Mom (Roselia) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Poison Point
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Spikes
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb

Remember Me? (Mesprit) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Ice Beam

Soldier (Rhydon) @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish

Without Me (Rotom) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch

I'm Shady (Shiftry) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Sucker Punch

Kim (Pyroar) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Taunt

Finally I wanted to use a rose set I hadn't used in a long time being sash hazard lead rose, and incredibly fun and effective lead mon as surprising speed, sleep powder ability to 2hko xatu and surprise factor all play to it's advantage, while I know you didn't request this I'm sure you'd appreciate it anyway :D
My first goal was to make sure I didn't get screwed by other offensive leads so I added scarf mesp, a great mon on offense due to healing wish and a nice way of checking sash jynx with u-turn. Next I added an offensive SR rhydon with rock polish and rock blast. Rock blast means I can easily take on lead chops and rock polish allows it to serve quite decently as a cleaner after it's gotten rocks up. It's also nice for bluffing the dual dance by rock polishing on a xatu switch in then rocking the next turn. Next came bulky colbur rotom, an amazing mon on offense, especially this spike stacking variant as it checks so much and provides invaluable spin blocking support. Next I wanted something that really benefitted from the spikes support and SD shiftry seemed the perfect fit as with hazards up it has virtually no answers once it gets that SD off. Finally I have pyroar, this slot was originally swellow but I made it pyroar after realising how ice weak I was. Taunt lo is really nice for taking care of clef as that's pretty annoying to these spike stacking teams due to magic guard. It also gives the team a bit more of much needed speed. Team's a bit weak to float and swellow but what offense isn't tbh.

And so there are the three teams, hope you enjoy and find that at least one fits the mold you were looking for, also here's a bonus rose meme team I felt like throwing in cause memes :D
Persian @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD
- Nasty Plot
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Water Pulse

Purugly @ Silk Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Return
- Fake Out

Krokorok @ Eviolite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Roselia @ Focus Sash
Ability: Poison Point
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Leaf Storm

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Cacturne @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Sucker Punch
- Spikes

Tauros @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Iron Tail

Hi can I get a team with this core. Cacturne can check a lot of stuff like Tauros dislikes like Quagmire and defensive Xatu and set spikes up so it can get some cool kids. Also no one uses Cacturne anymore so I thought it would be cool to see it in action

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Choice Band Tort
Requested by: Stylite
Built by: Yogibears

Torterra @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Crunch

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 240 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 216 SpD / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Charizard
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic

This is the first version of the team I made, which played pretty decently. Torterra is an underrated mon atm because it boasts a nice duel STAB in Wood Hammer and Earthquake; however it's rather hard to support. Hariyama was a must when it came to partners, as it covers to fire and ice weaknesses it has and I put EQ>Fake out because garb is rather annoying to switch in to with Mesprit. Mesprit is one of the best fighting checks in the tier and a great stealth rocker, plus with t-wave it can create some level of speed control. Scarf Rotom seemed like an obvious choice because the team need some way of being able to deal with +1 Vivillon and other fast sweepers, with Will-o-Wisp over Thunderbolt because its overall a nice way of being able to cripple things like Tauros. SD Charizard is a nice wincon that's heavily supported and supports CB Torterra whilst supplying a decent Shiftry check. I went HP Grass over the standard Wisp because it lures in Rhydon, Quagire and Gastrodon and allows it to break stall far easier than it can with Wisp. Finally I added Mantine as a decent water check and as a defogger.

Torterra @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Crunch

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 240 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 184 SpD / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Charizard
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Shiftry @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Extrasensory / Knock Off
- Leaf Storm
- Defog
- Sucker Punch

There really isn't too much different except the inclusion of Shiftry. Even tho I forgo a better water check, with a mostly special set I'm able to deal with poison types that generally threaten the team a lot, such as Garbodor and Weezing; which are lured. I still retain a defogger and gain access to another form of priority, which is nice because of the team lacking a normal resist.

Hope you enjoy n_n

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)