Nuzlocke Challenge

Skwog's Blue Version Nuzlocke Super Hard Challenge!

Rules:
May only catch the first Pokemon I see upon entering a route.
When a Pokemon faints, it is dead. No revives, no nothing. Dead.
No antidotes or potions.
May only purchase five Pokeballs per Pokemart. These are the only Pokeballs I'm allowed to use, bar the ones I find while adventuring.
White out means game over, even if there are extra Pokemon in my box.

Previous Updates:

Chapter 8:
Caving In

"Pedro, Water Gun!" shouted Skwog as he pointed at an opposing Graveler. The turtle nodded, and a stream of water was shot at the clump of rock and earth, sending it into the darkness of the cave. "Good work."

Pedro simply nodded, and bowed down his head. The opponent was weak. He wasn't even worthy of battling me, Pedro thought as he spit a mouth of water to the side. Trainer and Pokemon made their way through the darkness, stumbling upon trainers and wild Pokemon and quickly subdoing them with powerful Water Gun attacks. Pedro grew enormously in strength as they ventured through the cave.

"Pedro, may it is time for a break?" Skwog asked while raising a Pokeball. Pedro responded by slapping away the container with his tail. "Come on, you're exhausted. You don't have to work so hard."

The Wartortle knew this was true, but he did have to work so hard. He almost failed his trainer once by nearly perishing from poison. There was no way Pedro was going to abandon Skwog. "Wartorle..." grunted Pedro as he walked off.

"I guess there's nothing I can do other than let him battle..." Skwog said solemnly as he followed his partner. "What ever happened to the friendly, bubbly Squirtle I used to have? Ever since he nearly died, he's changed... he's so power hungry now..."

Later that day, Skwog and party managed to find the exit from the cave. On the horizon was Lavender Town, a large tower looming over the town. "We did it, gang. We're one step closer to finding out this destiny of ours."

Chapter 9:
The Destiny

Skwog was laying in the grass to the west of Lavender Town, his head full of sleep but his mind wide awake. The team were all outside of their Pokeballs, some fast asleep, some the complete opposite. "What is this destiny of mine?" Skwog asked himself. He was recalling the day he was revived. The day his journey started over once more. That voice, who or what was it? How could he, Skwog, be the secret to changing the world?

"Skwog... Skwog, you are nearing the first clue in your mission..." said a voice from somewhere. Skwog sat straight up, looking to his left and right for the source of the voice. It was familiar. It was almost like the voice of the being that brought him back to life. "Yes, it is me. The one who brought you back."

"Who are you?" Skwog said aloud. There was nobody near him. To his Pokemon, he looked as if he was talking to thin air. Those that were awake shrugged it off and went back to what they were doing.
"I'm in your head, you needn't to speak. Listen, you are a chosen one."
"What do you mean? Can't you tell me anything?"
"What I will tell you is this. There is a poison sweeping the world. You are familiar with it. Your mother is ill with it. Your companion, Pedro, nearly perished to it. Soon you will encounter the reason for this epidemic. You must destroy this."
"What else can you tell me?"
"Do not be afraid of the poison. Your companions are bound to be infected. Do not panic, though. They are strong enough now that you would have time to heal them, to save them."
"What about Camille? I lost her to nothing. How was I supposed to save her? How am I supposed to replace her?"
"You aren't, you weren't. Camille was not destined to be on your team. Destiny will pave its own path, you cannot change that. Currently you have five members, correct? Look to your right. Your sixth member will show itself soon enough."

Skwog turned his neck to the right in an attempt to observe what it was the voice was talking about. All he could see was a patch of tall grass. "In there?" Skwog thought to himself. The voice he was communicating with had left, however. "Pedro, come with me," he instructed as he pulled himself up from the ground and walked to the grass.

"Hault, trainer." The eerie voice chilled his spine. This could only mean trouble.
"What do you want?" Skwog asked as he turned to face the voice. A man in a lab coat was surrounded by three Pokemon.
"A battle."
"Very well. Pedro, show no mercy."

Pedro followed the commands, ruthlessly decimating two Grimer with his powerful Water Gun attack. The last Pokemon was sent before the opponent. It appeared to be a larger form of Grimer, and certainly more threatening.
"Muk, Poison Gas." The blob extruded a strong gas from its body, overwhelming Skwog and his Pokemon.

"Pedro, you can handle it. You're strong." Pedro appeared to be panicking, however. His greatest fear, poison, had been introduced to his body once again. Strength was draining from his body. In an attempt to retaliate, Pedro tried to hit the Muk with a Water Gun. The foe had shrunk in size, however, and Pedro missed, his body losing more strength.
"Pedro, no!" Skwog shouted, then coughed, then poison entering his body as well. "You're too strong to leave me..."
A bright, white light emitted from Pedro's body. Its form began to grow, and its features were changing. The feathered tail and ears were shed, exposing smooth, blue skin. Its shell cracked and shifted, then suddenly let out a mechanical wince. From two slots on Pedro's shoulders two canons were sprout, locking into place. A powerful burst of water was expelled from these canons, drenching the foe and sending them off in a scurry.

"Pedro... you... evolved," coughed Skwog as he smiled at his companion.
"Blast," cooly responded Pedro as he lifted his trainer into his arms. The Pokemon knew he had to save his trainer, but Skwog placed a hand on Pedro's chest.
"Wait, there's something in the grass we need to get." From the new vantage point, Skwog could see a small, fox-like Pokemon curled in the grass sleeping soundly. He threw a Pokeball, and a beep confirmed the catch. "Welcome to the team," Skwog said as the Pokeball floated back to his hand. "I'll introduce you in the morning." A couple of harsh coughs came from Skwog before he passed out, his Blastoise walking back towards Lavender Town to get help for both of them.

Chapter 10:
Burning Down the House

A large wall of flame burned before Skwog as he smirked in content. "Miranda, I think you are ready to battle," he said as he knelt to pet his Vulpix along her fur. The warmth of her body melted into his hand.
"Vulpix, vul," she calmly said, then coughed up a few stray embers.

Never had he felt more prepared for a gym battle. From listening to people around the town, Celadon was known for its power Grass gym. What this gym leader did not know what that Skwog had the upper hand. Miranda's flames and Carlos's raw power would easily mow down the opponent.
"Gym leader, I am here for my battle," Skwog shouted as he entered the doors of the building. He was greeted by a girl who giggled at his request.
"Only girls are allowed here, silly."
Miranda let loose a breath of flames at the girl and ignited the girl's clothes. "I said I am here for my battle."

"A challenger? A boy? Get out of my gym," demanded the gym leader as she rose from her meditation. "There are no boys allowed."
Skwog pointed a finger at the girl, and Miranda let out a vicious growl. "I have not come this far for nothing."
"Very well... Victreebel, Poisonpowder."
A large plant-like creature floated onto the battle floor, sending a cloud of spores into the air. Skwog knew these were toxic, and could not risk losing Miranda. "Ember, now."
The Vulpix sent flames from its mouth, but the damage done to the Vitreebel was miniscule. It then wrapped a large vine around Miranda, constricting her from attacking. "Silly boy, your fire attacks are nothing compared to my poison and wrap combination."

Skwog had no choice but to switch out Miranda for Carlos, which he promptly did. The large bird spread out its wings and was eager to fight.
"Poisonpowder."
"Drill Peck."
Because Carlos had just switched in, the Victreebel was able to attack first. However, Carlos spun into body in a rapid corkscrew fashion and tore into the delicate body of the plant Pokemon. When it was finished, Victreebel was no longer capable of moving.
"No, my beautiful Pokemon... Tangela, avenge her!"
"Miranda, come back out."

Skwog smirked, knowing the Tangela could do little to nothing against Miranda. Two Ember attacks was all it took to reduce the bundle of vines to a pile of soot and a pair of boots. Erika became enraged at this point and sent out her last Pokemon. "Vileplume, show this boy how strong Grass Pokemon are. Petal Dance!"

Miranda was left in, and Skwog was confident of her ability to win. "Ember." Before the Vileplume could get her attack out Miranda shot flames from her mouth. The flower took critical damage, but then retaliated with a vicious storm of petals being shot towards Miranda. "Miranda, dodge it!" Skwog shouted, and his Pokemon elegantly dodged the attack. "Nice, now finish her with Ember!"
"No! Not my beautiful Pokemon!" shouted Erika, but it was too late. Miranda let out a furious storm of fire, igniting everything around her, including the gym leader's Pokemon.
"Give me my badge," Skwog said as he returned his Pokemon and walked up to Erika.
"Take it. Take it and leave..." she cried while tossing the metal pin at Skwog.

"Good work you two," Skwog told Carlos and Miranda after healing them at the Pokemon center. In the distance flames were flying in the air. The gym had caught completely on fire from the battle. Skwog was quite satisfied with the results he had seen today. "Carlos, your Drill Peck was stellar." The bird cawed and stretched its wings to acknowledge the compliment.

"And you," Skwog said while kneeling and stroking Miranda's fur. "You are an excellent battler. I can't wait to see how strong you get. Heck, you might even become as strong as Carlos." The bird grunted at the remark, sure of its strength. Skwog, on the other hand, was questioning the capability of the small Pokemon's power. She was certainly a force to be reckoned with, and Skwog knew she shouldn't be underestimated.

Chapter 11:
Houston, We Have a Problem

The bright, flashing lights and electronic sounds drew Skwog into a building withing Celadon City. This building was the game corner. After getting a coin case from a washed up old man, Skwog was ready to start gambling. Arnold was perched on his shoulder, drawn in by the enticing games as well. "Let's see what we win, buddy," Skwog said. He dropped a few coins into the slot machine and watched loss after loss appear before him. As he sat and enjoyed himself, he could hear a man yelling nearby.

"There is nothing behind this poster!" he shouted to a woman who only wanted to read the contents of the poster.

"Arnold, I think something's up." The Pikachu nodded and leaped from Skwog's shoulder and dashed towards the mysterious man, sparks emitting from his cheeks. "Sir, what's behind that poster?"

The man opened his mouth as if to say nothing, but then quickly reserved the use of words. A look of terror overcame him. "You... you..."

Skwog tilted his head, confused by what the man meant. He then peered over the man's shoulder to read the poster. On it was a picture of Skwog's face, along with the words "Terrorist, threatens Team Rocket's plot. Extinguish the threat at all costs."
"So, Team Rocket it here?" Skwog said with a smirk.
"Kid, you are going to lose." The man sent out a Zubat and a Raticate, but Skwog was confident in Arnold to dispose of these Pokemon. A few Thundershocks subdued the enemy, and the man ran away in horror.
"Good work Arnold, now let's see what is behind this poster," Skwog said while returning his Pokemon and lifting up the piece of paper. Behind it was a button, which he pressed, then watched as a door opened to his right. "Team Rocket, we meet again."

Within moments of going down a set of stairs, Skwog was greeted by a plethora of Rocket grunts. They all tried to rid of him, but Pedro's Water Gun attacks finished off ever last one of them. An alarm began to sound, and the hideout was in a state of panic. "Pedro, I think their boss is here. There's just too many of them to be here by coincidence." A Pokeball on Skwog's belt burst open, and his Sandshrew, Tara, appeared before him.

"Sandshrew!" she cried, seeming eager to fight. Skwog did not blame her. While the rest of the team saw the front line of action, she was never used. However, she was just too weak to be used right now.
"Tara, you have to return. You're too weak, you'll lose."
The Sandshrew did not listen, however, and ran off in anger with her trainer.
"No! Tara! Come on Pedro, we have to save her."

"Open up! I know you're in there!" Skwog shouted at a door. Beside him were two Rocket grunts who were standing guard. This could only mean that the boss was inside, and Skwog desperately wanted to have a word with this man. "Pedro, Water Gun."

Two strong blasts of water knocked down the doors, and within was a man sitting in a plush chair. "So, you're Skwog?" the man asked as he rapped his fingers along the arm of the chair. "You have been causing a lot of trouble to Team Rocket. Messing up a lot of our plans. Come in, have a word with me."

Skwog looked around expecting a trap of some sort. He could not trust this man, but perhaps by listening he could find out what exactly were the plans of the evil team. Reluctantly he took a seat in a chair opposite of the man. Pedro stood by his side, arms crossed and canons locked on the man.

"Skwog, my name is Giovanni. I am the leader of Team Rocket." The man appeared to be no threat to Skwog at the moment, so Skwog relaxed and listened to what the man had to say. "We are a team of evil, or so you think. You have stumped our plans so man times already. First, inside Mt. Moon. We were simply harvesting Zubats, as they are the primary weapon of our beginning members. Next, you stopped us at the bridge. We were simply recruiting members to our team. Then, you stole the TM for Dig from one of our members. Now, you come to my headquarters and destroy my militia. Do you realize the damage you have done, and for no reason whatsoever?"

By hearing of what Skwog had done to this man's organization he felt somewhat guilty. He could not let his guard down though. This man was evil, there was no doubt.

"Let me tell you what our goal is. See, there is a natural poison found in the world. This comes from Poison type Pokemon, such as Zubat or Koffing. I found a way to harvest this poison, and to amplify its power. Our goal is not to commit crimes, like you have perceived. I am simply trying to destroy the weak, and rid the world of their presence."

"How can you say that is not evil?"
"How can you think that the world getting weaker is not evil? Humans and Pokemon alike are pathetic. That is why I also created the strongest Pokemon alive. Together, with my super Pokemon, and my ability to spread poison to the world, I shall conquer the land, starting with Kanto."
"You can't do that, I won't let you."
"What's going to stop me?"
"Pedro, Water Gun!"

The Blastoise readied its canons for a vicious blast, but was ambushed by a fierce blow to the side of the head. "Kid, you can't beat me. Kangaskhan, Comet Punch!" Giovanni declared as he rose from his seat. A large Pokemon threw a series of fast, hard punches at Pedro, knocking the wind out of the Blastoise in the process.

"Pedro, bite it!" The turtle latched its mouth upon its foe, digging deeply into the flesh. What Skwog did not realize was while he was focused on battling the Kangaskhan, Giovanni had walked to the back of the room and was holding a cage in one hand and a pair of goggles in the other.

"Skwog, you can't win."
"Yes I can."
"Sandshrew!" cried out a third voice.
"Tara?!" Skwog turned to see where the voice had originated from. Inside the cage Giovanni was holding was Skwog's Pokemon. "Give her back to me."
"Are you a gambling man, Skwog?" Giovanni said with a chuckle.
"I said give her back."
"How about this. Since you clearly do not see the potential in this Pokemon, I am going to take her. You think she is weak, and I think she is strong. Am I right?"
"I never said she was weak."

Giovanni pressed a button on a remote which turned on a screen near Skwog. On it was a surveillance tape from earlier in the day. The picture showed Skwog, Pedro, and Tara standing inside the headquarters.
"Tara, you have to return. You're too weak, you'll lose," said Skwog on the video.

"I... I didn't mean it like that."
"Skwog, you are a poor excuse for a trainer. I am going to give you two options. One, I can give you back Tara, but also infect you and your Pokemon with an incurable form of poison. You will all be doomed, and I will succeed in my plans for evil."
"What's the other option?" Skwog said while wiping away tears.
"I take Tara, and train her. In return, I will give you these goggles. They allow you to see ghosts. In Lavender Town is where Team Rocket will strike next. Perhaps you can stop us there, and I will give her back to you. Deal?"

Skwog thought over his options. Neither choice was a better one than the other. He could not abandon his Pokemon, but he could not doom his others to death. He bowed down his head, looking at the ground as tears dripped from his eyes. "Take her..." he said quietly.

"Excellent choice. Kangaskhan, Mega Punch." Giovanni ordered his Pokemon to use her attack, and she threw a heavy punch into Pedro's head, then one at Skwog, rendering both of them unconscious. "You pathetic punk. Just you watch as I turn your own Pokemon into a fighting machine," Giovanni said while tossing the goggles onto the limp body of Skwog, then made his exit with Tara in hand.

Chapter 12:
Ghosts from the Past

The large tower in Lavender Town loomed over Skwog's head as he mustered his courage together. He would need to save Tara from Giovanni, and to do so he would have to vanquish Team Rocket from this location. "You guys ready?" Skwog asked Pedro and Miranda, knowing these two Pokemon would best help him earn a victory here.

"Hey Skwogypoo!" called out a voice as Skwog began to climb a flight of stairs inside the tower. It was his rival, Blue. "Care for a battle?"
"Why do you always show up at the worst time ever?"
"Why do you suck so much as Pokemon?" Blue asked while sending out his Ivysaur.
"Pedro, Bite that thing so we can get going." The turtle nodded and quickly took down Blue's signature Pokemon with a strong bite.
"You suck so much Ivysaur!" Blue shouted at his Pokemon as Skwog left the rival behind and entered the tower.

"Let's see what we can see with these goggles," Skwog said while looking around. Throughout the building he could now see spirits of Pokemon wandering around. They were lost, but he could do nothing to help them. "Team Rocket must be here somewhere..."

A few floors up Skwog saw a bright light in the middle of the floor. Next to the light was a priest bowing his head. "Excuse me sir, what is this?" Skwog asked.

"This is the purification zone. It can heal your soul, and bring you in touch with spirits from the past."
"Spirits... from the past?" Skwog's mind drifted to his last life, and his partner Pablo. Perhaps he could make contact with his lost friend. "Sir, how do I contact these past spirits?"
"If they want to see you, they will talk to you."

Skwog stood in the middle of the white light, Pedro and Miranda standing at either side. His Pokemon seemed to be confused, but Skwog knew exactly what he was doing. "Pablo... can you hear me?" Skwog asked aloud. A blue mist began to form, and he lifted off the goggles. The mist remained visible. "Pablo..."

The priest appeared to be in shock. "It's a... ghost... a real ghost..."
"Pablo, it's Skwog." The blue mist formed into the figure of a Wartortle, though its body was translucent. It was the same Wartortle Skwog had ventured with in his past life.
"Skwog... yes, this is Pablo."
"You can talk?"
"I am a spirit, I can do as I please."
"Pablo, I didn't mean to lose you. You weren't supposed to die."
"Yes I was. It was my destiny."
"What do you mean?"
"Skwog, when I passed I was greeted by a creature. A Pokemon. I talked with this Pokemon. If I hadn't passed away, then you wouldn't have been revived. I convinced the Pokemon to bring you back to life, to fulfill your destiny."
"So that voice... it's a Pokemon?"
"Skwog, that voice isn't any Pokemon. It is the world's strongest Pokemon..."
"Giovanni's...?"
"Yes... Listen to me though, my time is limited. Is this your new companion?"

Skwog looked to where Pablo was gesturing. He was pointing at Pedro, and Skwog nodded to confirm the question.
"Very well. Pedro, protect him. Protect the master. The world depends on it..." Pablo said before fading away.
"Pablo... Come on guys, let's show Team Rocket what we're made of."

"Team Rocket?" asked the priest.
"Yes, do you know where they are?"
"Two stories up you will find them. They are vicious, and are killing Pokemon. Please, stop them."

Skwog raced up the next two flights of stairs and was now on the top floor of the building. Before him were many Team Rocket members, as well as a man they were holding hostage. "Team Rocket, let him go!"

"Punk, you're going down."
Skwog let out a yell as he Pedro and Miranda out to dispose of the Rocket members. Within moments they were all defeated, some drenched in water and some burnt to a crisp. "Where's Giovanni?" Skwog asked the leader of the squad of Rockets.
"Giovanni... isn't here," the man said while coughing up blood. "He said... to take the place over... as a decoy..."
"A decoy? For what?"
"So they could take over..."
"Take over what?" Skwog shouted while grabbing the man by the front of his shirt. The man's body was limp, and no more words came from his mouth. "Take over what?!"

"Young man, let him go. He had passed. Please, come with me," said an elderly man as he stepped out from behind a pillar. This was the man they were holding hostage. "Come back to my house. I have important things to tell you of the man you call 'Giovanni.'"

"So Giovanni has an antidote to the poison he is spreading?"
"Yes. In fact, he has a factory producing them constantly."
"How do you know this, Mr. Fuji?" Skwog was sitting at a table inside the man's house, and opposite of him was the man named Mr. Fuji.
"I know this because I used to be employed by the man. I helped... create his most powerful weapon."
"His super Pokemon?"
"Yes. I regret it so. Those men took me hostage and forced me to tell them where the Pokemon resides."
"Why? Doesn't Giovanni have the Pokemon?"

Mr. Fuji shook his head no and proceeded to explain. He explained how he was once employed by Team Rocket and working on the project to create the strongest Pokemon ever. When it became too strong, he knew he had to set the Pokemon free. It began to develop its own conscience, and Mr. Fuji had no right to keep a being like that trapped. He set it free, and in a rage Giovanni destroyed the lab where the Pokemon was created.
"Since then I have lived here, in Lavender Town. I refuged here, and tended to the lost souls inside of the Pokemon Tower."

"Mr. Fuji... I need to know where this Pokemon is. I think somehow it brought me back to life."
"Yes, you are correct. The Pokemon has remarkable psychic powers, and I can sense you have been touched by its powers. However, I do not know where it resides. All I can offer to you is this," Mr. Fuji said while holding out a flute.
"What is this?" Skwog asked while taking the instrument and placing it in his pack.
"It is the Pokeflute. It can waken Pokemon from deep slumber, and tame angry souls. I beg of you, stop Giovanni. Use this flute along your journey to help bring an end to this man, and to bring an end to the poison."

The Crew:

Pedro the Blastoise Lv. 40
-Tackle
-Bite
-Bubble
-Water Gun

Pedro is the leader of the team. His close encounter with death because of poisoning mellowed out his personality. No longer is he as bubbly, but more reserved, calm, and hungry for power. Never again does he want to fail his trainer. A close encounter with poison once again cured Pedro's desire to be the strongest, and allowed him evolve into a Blastoise.

Carlos the Fearow Lv. 35
-Drill Peck
-Leer
-Mirror Move
-Fury Attack

Carlos remains quiet most of the time, but makes up in battle skills. Though not the most frequent battler on Skwog's team, Carlos brings the team out of many close situations. Its vicious Drill Peck is a much needed upgrade from the regular Peck and allows Carlos to tear holes into many opponents.

Arnold the Pikachu Lv. 28
-Thundershock
-Swift
-Thunder Wave
-Quick Attack

Arnold is the dunce of the team. He does not have the best time processing orders from Skwog. His lack of intelligence provides comic relief for the gang. The electric attacks he brings to the team are invaluable, but Arnold lacks the strength needed to back up this resource.

Miranda the Vulpix Lv. 35
-Flamethrower
-Ember
-Confuse Ray
-Quick Attack

As soon as Miranda joined the team, her usefulness was much appreciated. The team needed a fire user, and Miranda filled the job excellently. Her Ember scorched through both the Celadon City gym and brought down the entire Ghost Tower. With the new addition of Flamethrower, Miranda is likely to be a powerhouse of the team. She is very calculated, cool, and mellow despite her firey attacks.

Veronica the Weepinbell Lv. 23
-Vine Whip
-Wrap
-Stun Spore
-Sleep Powder

Veronica has not seen much use on the team other than providing Sleep and Paralysis support. She will likely be boxed soon to make way for any new members.

Tara the Sandshrew

As a desperate attempt to save all of his Pokemon, Skwog sacrificed giving Tara to Giovanni as a part of Giovanni's evil scheme. In return, Skwog and his companions were spared from being poisoned, but at the cost of a friend. He is determined to get back his Pokemon from Giovanni, no matter what it takes.

(Actually in daycare)

Casualties:

Camille the Meowth Lv. 21

A random, critical Thundershock from a Pikachu took you down before your time was meant to come. You will certainly be missed, despite your short time on the team.

@Skwog, I'm liking your team, with some grinding and few fatalities, that could end up pretty good.

Also, expect chapter two of my 3 in 1 story sometime soon, even better because I'm adding made up words into it (such as derpaholic). xD

@Obsidian

I nearly lost Arnold to a random crit poison sting from a Tentacuel south of Lavender Town today which scared the crud out of me. Left him with 1 HP. He's the only one I'm worried about dying because of his lack of decent HP, defenses, and attack. Should probably slap Thunderbolt onto him so he'll be stronger haha.

I have a feeling I might suffer a casualty soon though. This run is just being a little too good to me. Getting Pikachu in Viridian Forest, having something that can actually cut (Farfetch'd), and whatnot. We'll see what happens though.

@Obsidian

I nearly lost Arnold to a random crit poison sting from a Tentacuel south of Lavender Town today which scared the crud out of me. Left him with 1 HP. He's the only one I'm worried about dying because of his lack of decent HP, defenses, and attack. Should probably slap Thunderbolt onto him so he'll be stronger haha.

I have a feeling I might suffer a casualty soon though. This run is just being a little too good to me. Getting Pikachu in Viridian Forest, having something that can actually cut (Farfetch'd), and whatnot. We'll see what happens though.
As long as your sandshrew doesn't die (it's my favourite pokemon), sandshrews are sexy.

Will update this post with episode 2 in 20mins unless someone else posts then I'll just do it in a new post.

I'll post to say that I'm still alive. Going to get Black and White tomorrow, White is reserved for a playthrough with my friend so I'll be Nuzlocking Black after I finish Diamond. I'll probably do a normal run first though. Also, I should be updating Diamond soon, I just haven't been able to bring myself to type the update. I'm up to the Valley Windworks so I need to update before I continue else I'll fall way behind.

In other news, as Texas mentioned a few pages back there'll be a new Nuzlocke thread made in Uncharted Territory after the games come out in NA tomorrow (probably sometime later this week). I'll be making the thread (and unlike the poor "organizational post", the OP will actually be kept updated), so keep an eye out for that. I'm not sure if this thread will be kept open or not, but either way we should probably move over to the new thread as soon as it's made.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Chances are this thread will not be deleted so if you have links to posts that shouldn`t be a problem. Good luck to all who plan on taking the BW challenge.

Chances are this thread will not be deleted so if you have links to posts that shouldn`t be a problem. Good luck to all who plan on taking the BW challenge.
Yep I'm going to be nuzlockeing Black for the first playthrough too. I haven't been looking at much of the news from Serebii either so I don't know a lot. Still tempted to go pre-order White too... it's either that or I pick up a pre-owned game the day I get Black..

Almost finished chapter 2.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Posting to say that I will be Nuzlocking White the moment I get access to the game (March 10). Progress might be a little slow seeing as DA2 comes out the next day but I imagine I will be failry active. Probs edit this post with my PLAT update

Posting to say that I will be Nuzlocking White the moment I get access to the game (March 10). Progress might be a little slow seeing as DA2 comes out the next day but I imagine I will be failry active. Probs edit this post with my PLAT update
See the reason they're releasing it in New Zealand last (I don't care about Aussie), is because we're the best at pokemon and will just catch up to everyone else any way....

Anyways, had to do lots of crap so still haven't finished episode 2 :/

Skwog, I am really liking your plot here. It's very creative, and it definitely strikers a chord with all us Nuzlockers. Just one question: Since Tara's actually in the Daycare, when are you planning to withdraw her? After defeating Giovanni at Silph?

Obsidian, you VMd me saying you'd updated. SON, I AM DISAPPOINT. YOU LIED TO ME! *runs off crying*

Ok this is my first Nuzlocke Challenge and I decided to do it on blue version.

Rules:
No Full Restores, potions, antidotes, etc.
Catch the first poke of each route only
Nickname them
If the pokemon faints, then it dies

Story:
Ok so Gary(That's what I named myself lol) started off with Roger the Charmander, and Edge started with Squirtle. On Route 1 the first pokemon I encountered was a rattatata that I couldn't catch, and after delivering the Oak's Parcel I continued on to route 2 and caught Ian the PIdgey. I went to the viridian forest and caught Derek the Weedle and in Route 22 I caught Devin the Nidoran(F). I encountered Edge once again, and Roger took down his Pidgey with a fiery ember and Ian took down Squirtle with a series of powerful gust attacks. I just finished my way through the viridian forest.

The team

Roger the Charmander
Level 11
Scratch
Growl
Ember

Charizard is my favorite pokemon, so I always start with charmander and This should be very challenging to do a nuzlocke challenge with. I named him after my real name because, I view Charizard as the main pokemon of the team so if It dies it feels like a part of me dies too.

Ian the Pidgey
Level 10
Gust

I was lucky to run into a pidgey first because Pidgeot is so awesome. Pidgeys are reliable so I named him after a friend of mine named Ian.

Devin the Nidoran
Level 2

I honestly don't see her lasting long, i'm problably going to use her as a sacrifice so Ian and Roger don't die. I named her after a girl named Devin I met who is very tough and tomboyish.

Derek the Weedle
Level 3
Again, just like Devin Varian will problably serve no purpose so I named him Derek, after a former friend of mine who stopped talking to me aftera while.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
o.k

As you guys may have figured out when I did not post my planned update Shit happened in my Nuzlocke and I need to do a fair bit of grinding. Not sure when ill update but rest assured im Nuzlocking at every spare moment I get!

Ok, episode 2. Not as long as I wanted it to be but I really need to play the future of the story in photoshop so I don't want to write anything and then realize I shouldn't have.

Nexus woke to the sound of crashing. His eyes adjusting to the darkness relatively quickly. He got slid out of his bed, and proceeded to get dress, ‘I’m not gunna be able to get back to sleep tonight anyway...’ he thought to himself, not wanting the nightmares to come back.
He gazed out his bedroom window, the peaceful atmosphere of New Bark Town not usually interrupted by a lot of noise. He spotted a single light on from his second floor view of the whole Town, not that it was very big anyway. Retreating from the window he trudged down the echoing stairs, each step creating a mouse-like squeak that continued to frustrate his conscience.

“It is time,” spoke a voice oh too familiar to Nexus. The same voice that has haunted him since he was 12.
“I know, just tell me what it is you want me to do”
The shadowy figure sniggered, “Oh you a becoming a fine creation Nexus, maybe even the best!”
“What’s that supposed to mean?” questioned Nexus, his face puzzled.
“Never mind that. Professor Elm and Mr. Pokemon are conducting an awful lot of experiments to do with the breeding of Pokemon, they are trying to unlock the key of creating the ultimate Pokemon.”
“And?” Nexus questioned, “What’s so bad about that?”
“Well, we believe they have poor intentions and are going to try to shake power out of the hands of The Republic. The Republic is made up of the five elders, members of the ‘Elite Four’, and then there are eight more minor members. I want you to talk to all thirteen of them, and convince them to give you their badge, the symbol of their alliance with the Elite Four. If we can do that, we should have a chance...”

“Go, Falise!” ordered Nexus, confident his derpaholic could take out the other two Pokemon, still busy feasting on the tattered remains of the Pokemon Professor, Professor Birch.
“Falise, tackle Treecko, take him out first!”, commanded Nexus as Falise the Mudkip was released from his Pokeball.
Falise began to charge, the Treecko still blissfully unaware of the danger it was in, a eyeball dangling out of the corner of it’s mouth, blood dribbling down it’s chin. Falise neared closer. 5 meters. 4. 3. 2. Treecko’s right eye snapped to the right, his insanely fast reflexes coming into action as his tail propelled against the ground, sending pushing his body forward 2 or so meters, just the required minimum to dodge the attack. Unable to alter her course, Falise slid past where the Treecko used to be, managing to stop before hitting a tree.
Torchic was alert now, it’s beak snapping open and closed, each time a small spray of blood coming out, turning the luscious green grass into a small war zone. Torchic began to charge, small pieces of vomit occasionally falling from it’s mouth, it’s powerful legs bounding towards Falise who was ready, preparing to take orders.
“Falise, use Growl!” Nexus ordered, not sure whether these Pokemon were exactly normal or not.
Falise let out a sly burp, causing more foam to drip from her mouth, but clearing her throat in the process as she waited for Torchic to get closer.
“Now Falise!”
Falise stepped forward with one foot and opened her mouth, letting out a roar, deafening to Nexus’s ears, and destructive to anything in the way of the sound waves being ejected from Falise’s mouth. The grass in front of her was ripped to shreds, Torchic was sent flying backwards, it’s small fragile body beaten against a gnarled tree.
Treecko took a short step back, it’s dark eyes fixed on Falise. After a brief pause, it turned, and dashed into the forest.

“Professor Oak, thank you so much for agreeing to do this for me...”
“No worries Nexus, I’m sure you’ll be a fine Pokemon trainer, but just watch out for this ‘Vanisher’ character, don’t let him take control of you, and don’t let him convince you to do anything you don’t want to do” warned Professor Oak, wary of Nexus’s safety.
“Don’t worry Professor, I’ve got Columbia with me” Nexus said, a brief hint of happiness on his face as the small yellow mouse Pokemon jumped up onto his shoulder, it’s face bright and cheerful.

“Ok Columbia, time for our first battle, are you ready?” asked Nexus as he walked along the dusty, torn up path, tall grass growing on either side.
Columbia nodded, his notched ears making it easy to tell him apart from other Pikachus.

how dare you say that Ranger i am an Aussie so i take insult to that remark you know.
In other news i have had a standstill on mine been tried, sick and doing jobs to work on my nuzlocke will update whenever possible

how dare you say that Ranger i am an Aussie so i take insult to that remark you know.
In other news i have had a standstill on mine been tried, sick and doing jobs to work on my nuzlocke will update whenever possible
I said and I quote 'I don't care about Aussie' not really an insult to Australian people, to be honest quite a lot of my family live in Australia (and maybe even my dad, but I don't really know), so sorry but I didn't mean any offense (for some reason I get the feeling I spelt that wrong)

Waiting for Son_of_Shadoo to comment.... -______-

Just found this thread, some really cool, detailed stories, loving reading them. Not sure I have what it takes to do this, but you never know, perhaps I will find the incentive down the track.

Started my Nuzlocke run in Black, I lost all three of my Pokemon (Patrat, Purrloin and Oshawott) to Cheren's Snivy in the Trainer's School lol. I think I've changed my mind about doing a Nuzlocke for my first run so I'm probably just gonna use my favorites instead.

Started my Nuzlocke run in Black, I lost all three of my Pokemon (Patrat, Purrloin and Oshawott) to Cheren's Snivy in the Trainer's School lol. I think I've changed my mind about doing a Nuzlocke for my first run so I'm probably just gonna use my favorites instead.
Yeah, I'm doing normal runs first, the first two gyms are both rough and your rival has a tendency to be annoying as well. The second gym especially, with STAB Retaliate especially after you take down Herdier and Watchog comes in and slams you with it... yeah, if you don't have Roggenrola you will get smacked HARD.

Or Patrat with Detect. Who probably gets 2 shotted by it anyway without the boost...

Will edit this post with my review of Obsidian's second chapter...

Edit 1: Son_of_Sandoo? ... Wow, and I thought my real name was easily misspelt... :(

Edit 2: Your battle scene between Treecko and Mudkip was definitely the highlight. Extremely graphic, and very reflective of the dark nature of this challenge. It says something that despite me being squeamish, I enjoyed it. Yellow's section is off to a slow start, but I assume it'll improve. Crystal appears to contain the bulk of exposition, and I've already got a few theories about its direction... Not that I will spoil them here, for they are insane. Much like meeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I would like it to be made known that I am still alive, but am waiting until the new thread is made before I start my run seriously. I'm sorry, but my FireRed story has been taking precedence recently. I've also been planning story lines and other things for this story to make sure it is a lot better than my previous one. Yes, I do Nuzlocke's for writing more than playing Pokemon.

Howdy peeps,
just letting you all know I'm putting a hold on writing an update on my Blue Nuzlocke.
The main reason is because I have a huge research summary due this week, so all my typing time is devoted to that. Second is because I am Nuzlocking my Black Version. So yeah, expect an update something next week, maybe by Sunday at the least.

Or Patrat with Detect. Who probably gets 2 shotted by it anyway without the boost...

Will edit this post with my review of Obsidian's second chapter...

Edit 1: Son_of_Sandoo? ... Wow, and I thought my real name was easily misspelt... :(

Edit 2: Your battle scene between Treecko and Mudkip was definitely the highlight. Extremely graphic, and very reflective of the dark nature of this challenge. It says something that despite me being squeamish, I enjoyed it. Yellow's section is off to a slow start, but I assume it'll improve. Crystal appears to contain the bulk of exposition, and I've already got a few theories about its direction... Not that I will spoil them here, for they are insane. Much like meeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Haha, sorry about the typo :/ I blame the government. Thanks for the feedback, I feel like most people read them for the battling scenes so that's what I tend to like making the highlights. (also, at Primary my name got spelt wrong by my friends all the time so I feel your pain.)

Anyways, even hearing about chocolate's downfall I am still determined to do a nuzlocke run my first time through... two more days until I get Black....

Well I haven't updated since my first post but I already beat Erika and Giovanni.

BTW has anybody ever done a nuzlocke challenge of Colosseum? I want to try it lol.

Well I haven't updated since my first post but I already beat Erika and Giovanni.

BTW has anybody ever done a nuzlocke challenge of Colosseum? I want to try it lol.
Yes I believe a few people have.

Anyways, my writing has been post-phoned due to my mankey solo run, but that should be finished sometime today so I will resume the writing of my trio nuzlockes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)