Big (Official) Cyberpunk Mafia - The Many [s]Others[/s] Steamrollers Rolled Over You.

We decided to start a little early

1. There are 4 teams: the Many Others (Village of 25), and 3 Mafias of 5 (the Cyborgs, the AIs, and the Robots). There are no neutrals.
  2. The win condition for a mafia is: Mafia's target faction is eliminated, THEN the village is destroyed while the mafia which destroyed their target faction still lives. In the event of multiple deaths, win conditions are computed at the cycle transition. The village win condition is EITHER last faction standing OR first faction destroyed. The Cyborgs are targeting the AIs, who are targeting the Robots, who are targeting the Cyborgs.
  3. Everyone has a certain number of action points in control, information, and protection. These may be spent on actions. Those not spent are saved (up to a maximum of your normal nightly power, allowing you to perform double-cost actions every other night). These points must be spent during the day for usage during the following night, EXCEPT during Night 0, when they may be spent then instead of during the preceding day.
  4. No individual player may purchase more than two copies of the same action during the same cycle.
  5. There is no Majority or Hammer; days continue until the deadline

1. All Circus Forum rules apply. No screenshotting or adding people who weren’t in a server or conversation originally.
  2. Don’t quote the host, unless you are mafia and on the same team. This includes the flavortext and passive abilities of your role PM (the rest is completely formulaic, see below)
  3. Don’t edit or delete posts.
  4. The game will begin Night 0. During Night 0, no kills will be valid. Days and Nights will both last 48 hours.
  5. There are no items.
  6. There are aliases. These are only to prevent name-targeting in the early game - there are no unfilled aliases.
  7. Lynches will be public, and will reveal all voting aliases on the winning side. They are decided by plurality with no hammer. In the event of a tie, there will be a double lynch but no lynch the following day.
  8. In the event that a vote is on a dead player, it will count as no vote. (Note that the silence action is cheap - here be tigers.)
  9. Include the hosts in all discord servers, google documents, and smogon conversations you create.
  10. There is bastardry in this game. Your results are NOT infallible. However, abilities listed in your role PM are 100% the ability you have.
  11. Dead Mafia may speak to their team, but only about strategy and things they knew while alive. Otherwise, no deadtalking.

Here's a sample PM Template; DO NOT COMPARE ANY EXTRA LINES YOU HAVE OR NOT (Your hosts might miss some extra copy/paste-from-gdocs lines in PMs; if you have extra just ignore the lines).
”Aura Guardian” said:
Dear [USER]
Alias: [ALIAS]

You are [ROLENAME]

[DESCRIPTOR TEXT]

[INHERENT ABILITY]

Control: X
Info: X
Protection: X

You are allied with the [FACTION NAME] You win if you fulfill the [FACTION NAME] condition named in the rules.
Living Players:
  1. acidphoenix
  2. apricity
  3. Da Letter El
  4. Ditto
  5. DurzaOffTopic
  6. Earlio
  7. Flyhn
  8. Former Hope
  9. Granny Pie
  10. Night1297
  11. RaRe555
  12. Reinfleche
  13. RODAN
  14. shade
  15. SirCrimsonFox
  16. Thetwinmasters (was Nuked)
  17. Metal Sonic (was Ullar)
  18. Walrein
  19. Wob (was Texas Cloverleaf)
  20. XnadrojX
  21. zorbees
Living aliases:
  1. Atoll
  2. Continent
  3. Dune
  4. Fjord
  5. Forest
  6. Glacier
  7. Isthmus
  8. Jungle
  9. Lake
  10. Marsh
  11. Meadow
  12. Mesa
  13. Ocean
  14. Peninsula
  15. Plain
  16. Plateau
  17. Strait
  18. Stream
  19. Swamp
  20. Volcano
  21. Waterfall

Ressurected: Josh / Sound / ??? / ??? / ??? / Revived Night 3

The Dead:

1. Champ1604 (was A Cake Wearing A Hat) / Sea / Robocop / Cyborgs / 2-1-3 / Protector / Lynched Day 1
  2. Asek / Oasis / Wander / the Many Others / 4-0-1/ Patient Killer / Killed Night 1
  3. Paperblade / Desert / Vaarsuvius / the Many Others / 3-2-0 / Impatient Killer / Killed Night 1
  4. Oddish. / Archipelago / Cortana / AIs / 2-3-1 / Info Spammer / Killed Night 1
  5. Shubaka17 / Gulf / Molly Millions / Cyborgs / 2-1-3 / Protector / Lynched Day 2
  6. OM room (was KnightsofCydonia) / Knoll / Genji Shimada / Cyborgs / 5-0-1 / Rogue / Expert Killed Night 2
  7. Agape / Hill / Stone Golem / Robots / 1-0-5 / Expert Guardian / Expert Killed Night 2
  8. Josh / Sound / Mario / the Many Others / 2-2-2 / Mighty Joat / Killed Night 2
  9. Haruno / Mountain / Commander Shepard / Cyborgs / 2-3-1 / Information Master / Lynched Day 3
  10. Hitmonleet / Lagoon / Morrigan / the Many Others / 3-2-0 / Roleblocker / Killed Night 3
  11. Memoric / Beach / Robin (FE:A) / the Many Others / 2-1-2 / Self-Watch / Killed Night 3
  12. mxmts / Tundra / AVA / Robots / 3-1-2 / Balanced Killer / Lynched Day 4
  13. MoodyCloud / Canyon / Mufasa / the Many Others / 3-0-2 / Controlling Decoy / Killed Night 4
  14. pancake / Cape / The Colour Out of Space / the Many Others / 5-0-0 / Controlling Killer / Killed Night 4
  15. tonithetourguide (was Martin) / River / T-800 / Robots / 1-1-4 / Protector + ??? / Lynched Day 5
  16. Pidge / Basin / Data / Robots / 0-5-1 / Day Actor / Lynched Day 6
  17. Cloud9 NxtLvl / Iceberg / Pitch Black / The Many Others / 2-1-0 / Limited Cyclic Points Copy / Killed Night 6
  18. Jalmont / Prairie / Sky Watcher Guardian / Robots / 1-3-2 / Observer / Lynched Day 7
  19. ShadyNarwall / Delta / Skynet / AIs / 3-3-0 / Control Spammer / Killed Night 7

ROLE PMs ARE GOING OUT; DO NOT POST UNTIL THEY ARE ALL OUT. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTENDED START TOMORROW, AND DUE TO NIGHT 0 HAVING EXTRA STUFF TO DO, DEADLINE FOR NIGHT 0 IS 9:00 PM EST ON MONDAY, JANUARY 8TH.

A reminder that the actions for purchase are found here.
And here's the link to the discord.

Last edited:

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
hard claim leading town, send whatever you feel comfortable with my way.
pm on smogon or hit up my discord: versace#7950
i'm also in the game server as josh

FAQ:
1) How does Points Drain work?
A: It reduces the points your target has to spend the following night. You specify Protection, Info, and Control in the order you want to drain points; if it drains one to zero, then it continues to the next category. This does not affect saved points.
2) Do points refresh? Are you stuck with X/Y/Z points total?
A: They refresh at the start of every day. The points you have are the minimum you have each day (barring stuff like Points Drain). If you don't spend points, then they're saved, up to a total maximum points saved equal to your base value. So if you have 2 in a stat and spend 1, then 1 is saved and you have 3 points the next day. If you spend none that day, you save 2 because that's refresh, but you can't have 5 points because you only have a refresh of 2, so the next day you have 2 points plus 2 saved, for 4 points.
3) So, I received a line saying "Saved points", is that how many points I have total?
A: NO. That is what you have saved on top of your normal points total, which we did not repost. You should probably spend those saved points at least, or else they'll be wasted.

Last edited:
For those of you confused about action points:

Most of you have a unique role, and some number of control, info, and protection points. Every night you get this many points to use on actions as outlined in the document in the OP. You can do this and use the role in your PM.

You can also choose to save your points for whatever reason, and you can hold a total balance of up to twice your maximum in each category at any one time.

i'm playing stellaris tonight and will chat but definitely will not claim n0. in fact i don't even understand what my role means yet

BUT i'm going to put something in this thread to heed against suspicion that i might change my claim or whatever as time passes. I've used https://aesencryption.net/ 128bit to code my claim. this ensures that when i eventually do claim, you know for a fact that this is what I got n0, 10 minutes into the game, cos i'll give you the code to decrypt this message

V3L5GcYXDAiaOaHkJvP4QTESaZ1A5E7/irznZPY+O3HHZ6pQ83UtQ2V2NLhL4i9rD8HyuPYu4Yrn5sB+RCLWWhdUYWUhl7tqHQiEmh3+/D0/ZNrcb7m1Ow2CJ2RE7+2vjxWT2c0BLJvB4oodJrJORRFQJ12TjV4G8ZxPOkk3sag6UVJsl/UE2B9OwktJFsKHBMsmXmq1FNqyuBFGkOep45+FetHWGD1zhzlPRagKG/dEyuF+vCCnE5Uz1yuNLRbag0NJ9/p6BDH1NZYBs10MqJzB0sql3fOn34LVAm1lXjk=

Josh

=P
if anyone's played mafia with me you know just how much time i put into games. claim to me. i will win this for town and give half of circus banners. i also want co leaders, and i have what i /think/ is a relatively powerful role based on basic setup spec, so hmu. i don't want alias claims now (not that i wouldn't take them), give me ability or action claims or just talk to me about who to target. don't forget everyone has access to many different actions, so if your role is basically "town macho investigator" i mainly just want the investigate part to sort out who hits what alias, same with other powers.

Josh

=P
i'm playing stellaris tonight and will chat but definitely will not claim n0. in fact i don't even understand what my role means yet

BUT i'm going to put something in this thread to heed against suspicion that i might change my claim or whatever as time passes. I've used https://aesencryption.net/ 128bit to code my claim. this ensures that when i eventually do claim, you know for a fact that this is what I got n0, 10 minutes into the game, cos i'll give you the code to decrypt this message

V3L5GcYXDAiaOaHkJvP4QTESaZ1A5E7/irznZPY+O3HHZ6pQ83UtQ2V2NLhL4i9rD8HyuPYu4Yrn5sB+RCLWWhdUYWUhl7tqHQiEmh3+/D0/ZNrcb7m1Ow2CJ2RE7+2vjxWT2c0BLJvB4oodJrJORRFQJ12TjV4G8ZxPOkk3sag6UVJsl/UE2B9OwktJFsKHBMsmXmq1FNqyuBFGkOep45+FetHWGD1zhzlPRagKG/dEyuF+vCCnE5Uz1yuNLRbag0NJ9/p6BDH1NZYBs10MqJzB0sql3fOn34LVAm1lXjk=
btw this encryption shit i saw in some recent games is fucking hilarious, i'm not sure why its allowed cause it seems very against the spirit of mafia but i guess i'll abuse it too.

Josh

=P
going to claim partly btw

i am a joat, i have >0 points in i/p/c, and not that flavour means anything but i have very townie flavour as well.

if you don't want to give me a claim at all, i still want to give you a pool of 3 aliases to target simply to remove cross targeting and get commits for later when i'm clear. if you contact me and are willing to do that it will go a long way.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey, guys. Hoping to live past Night 1 this time.

"But Walrein!" some of you are probably shouting at your monitors. "Why are you using proper punctuation and grammar in this post? Where's your carefully cultivated lowercase aesthetic, designed to indicate an air of casual indifference?"

Well, to be frank, I'd like to keep my banner. Which means I'd like to win this game. Which means I'd like this post to be legible, so that it actually gets leg'd. Read. Whatever.

For those of you to whom it hasn't yet become apparent: this is barely a town vs. mafia game. This is a multifaction game, first and foremost.

While it's true that the game is, at its core, an uninformed majority vs. informed minorities, the caveat about the smaller factions' win conditions means that the village has legitimate negotiating power with the mafia factions, and vice-versa.

Therefore, I have a proposal.

I would like for one member of each mafia faction to contact me. I will not disclose your names to each other, nor to anyone else. I will, however, work with you to undermine the other mafia teams; the degree to which I help your particular faction depends, of course, on how much you can sweeten the deal for me.

You'll recall, of course, that the village can also win by being the first faction to lose. Should I receive legitimate contact from any member of any mafia faction, this strategy would become risky and unnecessary. If, however, I am NOT contacted by any mafia teammates, and thus find myself flying blind as far as alliances go, then I will be more than willing to throw myself onto the nearest available sword, and would encourage my fellow villagers to do the same.

In short: I am, quite literally, attempting to negotiate with terrorists.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)