Official NBA '17-18 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuz was 8 for 8 and 5 for 5 from 3 before missing his first shot in the 2nd quarter. Kid know how to stroke it.

Anyone else annoyed that randle only played 8 mins? Capela was out too so he could have bulldozed down low. Bogut played 17 wtf

Kuz was 8 for 8 and 5 for 5 from 3 before missing his first shot in the 2nd quarter. Kid know how to stroke it.

Anyone else annoyed that randle only played 8 mins? Capela was out too so he could have bulldozed down low. Bogut played 17 wtf
Here is the answer to that question.

But I agree, it doesn't look good that Randle couldn't even get minutes vs a small Houston squad with Capela out, especially considering how well he's been playing recently for a contract.

Yeah people are claiming that Randle got torched by Harden but EBERYONE was getting torched by him. They adjusted their scheme and doubled him and it helped. I get going for the win but don't agree with those arguing that Julius would have led to an L. Just my personal opinion on the matter not directed at anyone in particular.

I think he was 9-9 and 6-6 from beyond the arc in the first half, actually.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Idk about running away with it but I'd give him the nod over Tatum and Mitchell; he scores more than Tatum, and is way more efficient than Mitchell.

I think expectations will play a part into the voter's mind, as they always seem to have. Kuz was projected second round and nobody thought to take him except Magic and Rob. Even then, he exceeded expectations and could easily go top-5 in a redraft. Boston's superior record would help Tatum get some votes, though.

Simmons isn't even a true rookie. He sat out last season and got to absorb the NBA before ever having to play. Give it to Kuz or Mitchell

I think these Baby Lakers have a very promising future, both collectively and individually, but Luke, Pelinka and Magic have to trim a few edges.

It's notorious that this team is made to play in run and gun and is very effective when it works like that, even with LO2 being a pure PG sometimes. Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma and Randle have the potential to drive to the key and call many fouls, BUT THEY NEED TO HIT THEIR FREE THROWS. It's frustrating to see a team with such a promising uptempo offense and when they get to the line they miss 16 FTs in a win that could be much easier despite Harden's sensational game (he has to win the MVP this season, we can't have "another Kobe").

I'm not saying the team will be a top contender in the next season with a All-NBA player (I'm not talking about LeBron James before you say we're dreaming too much), but if Magic and Pelinka don't rush and follow the process™ (all copyrights reserved for Sam Hinkie and the Sixers), the team can be a dominant force in the NBA when the Warriors become less unbeatable.

And yes, I think the Warriors gonna win again this year, when they get into the game for real against any NBA team they're still unbeatable right now

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OK, ASG Ballot is on, so let's talk about it. My vote:

East

Kyrie Irving: Let's be honest, he is a big dog and everybody but Tyronn Lue knews about it and the Celtics are leading the East even w/o Hayward because of Kyrie. Best ISO player in NBA aside Harden, LeBron and Durant;

Ben Simmons: Yeah, a rookie. Yeah, the ROY. Yeah, Simmons. I think we don't need to explain how Benny is incredible and has a potencial to be one of the greats, but I really think he deserves a ASG spot. Shoutouts to Oladipo and DeRozan too;

LBJ: hehehe, I really need to explain why?

Antetokounmpo: 54% FG. 29 PPG. 10 RPG. 4.7 APG. 1.7 BPG. Dammit man;

Porzingis: Yeah, I think the King Zing gonna lift the Knicks to the Postseason. Much of that because of him (and Beasley, shoutout to him lol). Honorable mention to Andre Drummond having a good season until now.

West

James Harden: The Beard, The Man, The Myth, The MVP. I don't need to explain why Harden deserves my vote;

Russell Westbrook: He is recovering his MVP form (even with Billy Donovan and the Thunder rotation SUCKING DINOSAUR BALLS AT ALL);

Kevin Durant : The reigning Finals MVP and the next DPOY (yeah, pretty bold nails it before the midseason, but yeah). Durant is now a powerful defensive force (much of that because the Draymond Green duo). But about ASG, he is a must-have in West;

Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins: yeah, old school smash mouth basketball right here. Big fellas playing agressively in paint and outside in both ways.

Da Letter El

What my ballot should be:

Oladipo
DeRozan
LeBron
Antetokounmpo
Porzingis

Harden
Curry
Durant
Davis
Cousins

Irving has an argument over DeRozan and Embiid has an argument over Porzingis. Oladipo is putting in so much work for a team that was expected to tank this year. LeBron and Antetokounmpo are no brainers.

The West is pretty settled in my mind. Curry's having an "off" year by his standards and he's still clearly got the second best argument for a guard in the West this year, even with this ankle thing. Snubbing LMA from a starting 5 here feels really bad but you're not taking off Durant when defensively he's grown leaps and bounds as a player who was a former MVP, and Davis/Cousins have more talent/are more exciting/put up mostly better numbers.

Da Letter El

That team has to pray one of Jrue or E'twaun Moore is having a decent scoring night to win basketball games, neither of which are bastions of consistency.

I feel like Davis is overrated only because he can't stay healthy. If plays 3 seasons at least 72 games then I'll shut up but until he does I put a big * next to his name. Availability is a skill even if most people forget about it.
Same thing goes for Embiid. Funny how everyone has forgotten how Curry couldn't stay on the court for a 3 year stretch and as soon as he figured how to keep his ankles healthy he became transcendent. It's one of the reasons Kobe was so great is that he hardly missed time and played through injury (until the end with that horrible Achilles injury). Otherwise Embiid and Davis will be relegated to T-Mac and Grant Hill status. Exceptional talents who were robbed by injuries

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'm at the Knicks game at MSG... it's actually fucking tragic how underused Beasley is when KP is available. He constantly makes the right play and that team needs offense. Also I heard some fans boo when he was introduced, Knick fans are the literal worst.

So everyone saw the refs gift the win to GS on national television today, right? NBA's product is garbage nowadays for many reasons and the horrific officiating this season is just one of them

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
So everyone saw the refs gift the win to GS on national television today, right? NBA's product is garbage nowadays for many reasons and the horrific officiating this season is just one of them
It's happened in 3/3 of our matches against them this season and I'm sick of it

I was looking forward to healthy Wall this season but apparently it was not to be. Hasn't looked like himself at all since he came back.

As for the refs, at least it's still better than WNBA officiating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)