Official Smogon University Simulator Statistics — August 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually used Ambipom for a while in UU just because everybody hates the guy. Fake Out did help me against a Scarf user once...

Also, joining the bandwagon that Keldeo needs more usage... I haven't seen once in a while. Also, I LOVE Starmie in this metagame! It just wrecks most of the Rain-teams. It OHKOs Thundurus-T with a Rain-boosted Surf, for example!

Venusaur so low on usage. With so many people using sun, the best chrolophyll user needs more usage. Also keldeo is highly underrated. Seriously, 46th with water and figiting stab.:/

| 1 | Politoed | 105968 | 19.698% | 96641 | 22.185% |
| 2 | Scizor | 96212 | 17.885% | 76063 | 17.461% |
| 3 | Ferrothorn | 94313 | 17.532% | 81196 | 18.640% |
| 5 | Heatran | 88648 | 16.479% | 73138 | 16.790% |

Everything here is fine.

| 6 | Tyranitar | 72082 | 13.399% | 62405 | 14.326% |

I really need to stop contributing to Tyranitar. I use him as a support for my Abomasnow team, and there are plenty of better options. Soon as I find someone else, he's gone from my team.

| 9 | Breloom | 65395 | 12.156% | 51186 | 11.750% |

I would have said something about Suspect Testing Breloom, but I wager someone would've had a counterargument that shut me down in a heartbeat.

I'm mostly worried about its impact on the metagame. Scizor's already a dominating force, and doesn't need to be #1 to show it. He's a much better Technician than Breloom due to his typing and bulk, both of which the mushroom puncher wishes he had. That said, Grass/Fighting isn't a slouch either.

| 21 | Tentacruel | 43339 | 8.056% | 34943 | 8.022% |

If I value Abomasnow's persistence in OU, I should probably test Starmie out as well for comparative reasons.

| 33 | Jolteon | 35991 | 6.690% | 28958 | 6.648% |

I recently replaced Raikou with Jolteon in my team, and Jolteon is doing me some big favors.

| 36 | Jellicent | 34163 | 6.351% | 28128 | 6.457% |

I need to resume usage of Energy Ball Jellicent Lair, don't I?

| 43 | Landorus-Therian | 28690 | 5.333% | 24332 | 5.586% |

I used Landorus-T over Latias. No regrets.

| 54 | Abomasnow | 17862 | 3.320% | 15924 | 3.656% |

Looks like I need to get back to the OU metagame and fix this. He's too good to be in UU, especially not with the complex ban there that cripples his usability on the whole.

| 56 | Mew | 17440 | 3.242% | 14575 | 3.346% |

HEY MOLK. HEY. MOLK. HURRY.

Scizor isn't a 'much better technician' than Breloom. He just has more overall versatility. Breloom's coverage is arguably MUCH better than Scizor's, and he can even abuse Leg Sweep with a choice band to 2HKO would-be switch-ins. Oh, and he gets a 100% accurate sleep move, too.

I said it was highly unlikely that Keldeo would drop(and it would most likely be banned ASAP), I am just saying tha people aren't giving it enough love. I've seen one. Receiving a 2 Quiver Dances, it 6-0d my team.

I see Mew more as BL instead of UU. With the ability to learn anything, it seems rather dangerous to put it in UU.

The only legendary transition I approve of is the Virizion transition. I also think that Abomasnow should stay in OU; if it goes UU, it has the potential plummet all the way to NU, since it does not have that niche in Snow Warning.

I would say that it's because you know it's either going to be CM or Specs (if people use other sets, I certainly haven't seen them). Its only powerful moves can be resisted by quite a few popular pokemon while its coverage moves are weak-ish and relatively easy to bait. While yes its hydropump does a stupid amount of damage you can usually force it out as a result of all this. Being weak to Hurricane isn't helping either.

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
Keldeo was vastly overhyped but in the end it's a very inconsistent pokemon.
Not learning Ice Beam and having to rely on pathetic moves like Icy Wind and HP Ghost for coverage is its greatest fault.
The fact that it's completely and utterly useless outside of rain doesn't help either.
Finally, it's (literally) a one-trick pony. You see it on team preview, you exactly know how to deal with it.
Useless outside of rain? USELESS OUTSIDE OF RAIN?

I use this thing on a sandstorm team, and I can say; Rain is not necessary to help Keldeo achieve many 2HKOs and OHKOs. In fact, I love when the opponent uses rain, as I can turn the rain against them by killing most of their pokémon with Hydro Pump, even those that resist this move. The opponent cannot simply switch Tornadus-T on Keldeo, for example; if it comes at Hydro Pump, it's bye bye for the green big chicken.

It doesn't have to rely on Hidden Power Ghost; other Hidden Powers like Electric and Ice can also be used to great effect. I am currently using Hidden Power Electric and it does well in removing bulky Water-types from equation. Sure that this leaves you walled by Lati@s; that's where Tyranitar comes from to save the day with his Crunch/Pursuit.

Also, Icy Wind is unecessary, as even a resisted Hydro Pump is going to do nearly the same amount of damage as a super-effective Icy Wind anyway (and in rain, believe on me, it does more damage!). Instead, I use Surf, that while has the same coverage as Hydro Pump, is a consistent alternative to use at times where I cannot risk a miss.

It would be of much help if Keldeo learned moves like Ice Beam, like most Water-types do, but Keldeo is currently doing well his work without these moves.

I'm sorry if I am looking rude, but I have to say that you, Rayquaza_, are completely overlooking Keldeo's potential. Despite having a shitty movepool, Keldeo is capable of killing top-threats even when they resist it's moves, and that's even outside of rain. It's sheer power is what makes Keldeo powerful, as it shows that like Terrakion, most of time it will not need of coverage moves, as it's STABs are already going to do sufficient damage to the opponent. Sure that most of time your opponent unfortunately almost knows what you are going to do, but that doesn't impede Keldeo from being one of the most powerful things around; Keldeo almost doesn't have counters, so your opponent must rely on prediction if they want to survive a blow from the little pony.

Icy Wind is pretty powerful with the reducing Speed ... In fact, it's a 110 BP Ice attack if the opponent is faster than you :)

Latios outspeeds me but doesn't kill me in one turn ? No problem, 1 hit - 1 Icy Wind -> I'm faster Another Icy Wind -> Dead

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Once again Antar, thanks for the usage stats. That being said,

| 13 | Mienshao | 14567 | 12.603% | 12345 | 12.881% |
| 2 | Nidoqueen | 6165 | 15.642% | 5245 | 16.042% |
| 4 | Golurk | 9125 | 12.612% | 7713 | 12.883% |

Expected something out of these three. Mienshao, Nidoqueen, and Golurk are extremely popular in their new tiers. They're really good there, with Mienshao being extremely powerful, not to mention Regenerator and U-Turn make it a great scout. Nidoqueen is also a great hazards lead as well as a decent offensive Pokemon, and Golurk is pretty strong with that 124 Attack and Iron Fist, not to mention that it has Stealth Rock and is Ghost-type. No wonder these three are so popular.

| 22 | Scrafty | 10984 | 9.503% | 8857 | 9.242% |
| 33 | Escavalier | 3180 | 8.069% | 2649 | 8.102% |

These two, on the other hand, just don't seem to cut it somehow. For newcomers they aren't all that popular. Choice Band Escavalier and DD+Moxie Scrafty are ridiculously powerful, not to mention that they have some pretty neat bulk. They are pretty deadly and somehow they are surprisingly low for such good Pokemon. Don't let them drop!

| 67 | Virizion | 10220 | 1.900% | 7960 | 1.827% |

It's about time Virizion finally falls to UU. It's still good, but with Tornadus-T around, it's kinda not as good as before. Still, it's good, but I'm sure it'll fit right into UU.

| 98 | Tornadus | 6148 | 1.143% | 4662 | 1.070% |

Not a surprise. Tornadus-I is completely outclassed by Tornadus-T now.

| 54 | Abomasnow | 17862 | 3.320% | 15924 | 3.656% |

Guys, don't let Abomasnow drop. He's too good. The UU hail ban also makes OU the only tier Abomasnow can call home. Let him stay here.

| 48 | Wartortle | 3130 | 4.326% | 2577 | 4.304% |

Stop using this piece of SHIT in NU, PLEASE! Now I've seen this thing, and it's simply awful. Sure, the typing, bulk, and his ability to use Rapid Spin seem neat, but his offensive presence is absolute zero. The best this sad excuse for a turtle can do is fire pathetic Scalds that can't do much to any spinblocker, or use Seismic Toss and get walled by every spinblocker. It also has no phazing or reliable recovery. Lack of phazing makes it complete setup fodder. And if you're willing to use Rest as recovery, you're literally asking to get beaten by a decent NU team. And the new sleep mechanics ensure that it will never wake up, and it makes Wartortle useless. So please, stop using this piece of shit.

| 38 | Crustle | 2424 | 6.150% | 2178 | 6.662% |
| 39 | Mesprit | 2423 | 6.148% | 2085 | 6.377% |
| 40 | Crawdaunt | 2411 | 6.117% | 1917 | 5.863% |

Well deserved you three. You three are great in RU. Keep it up.

| 56 | Mew | 17440 | 3.242% | 14575 | 3.346% |

HEY MOLK! COME ON! HURRY! DO IT!

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just a question, how many people are running synchronize alakazam? It must be somewhere close to the number of people using blaze charizard, because I never see ones with Magic Guard. I mean, how stupid can you get?

Icy Wind is pretty powerful with the reducing Speed ... In fact, it's a 110 BP Ice attack if the opponent is faster than you :)

Latios outspeeds me but doesn't kill me in one turn ? No problem, 1 hit - 1 Icy Wind -> I'm faster Another Icy Wind -> Dead
Unless Latios is running tackle or you're CMed up, I doubt Keldeo is going to survive one hit from le dragon.

Just a question, how many people are running synchronize alakazam? It must be somewhere close to the number of people using blaze charizard, because I never see ones with Magic Guard. I mean, how stupid can you get?
According to the moveset stats, 13.092% of all Alakazam in OU used Synchronize, so that would be ~5,036 or 5,037 Alakazam last month out of the 38,473 total. That's definitely enough for you to run into an unusually large number of them. Oddly enough, despite how 50.866% of all Charizard in OU run Blaze, because of how much lower Charizard usage is, the number of Blaze Charizard's is actually pretty close at ~4,739 or 4,740.

Yeah I've run into one or two Synchronize Alakazam. I think most of it is just simply forgetting to chance the ability during teambuilding, though how 13% of people can do that with PS!'s teambuilder is beyond me. I can't imagine that a lot of people are seriously running Synchronize on Alakazam.

Charizard is a little bit different because of it's "coolest starter" status, meaning a LOT of newbies will use it, even on non-sun teams just because. The simple fact is that not a lot of good competitive players use Charizard at all, so most of the usage is going to be newbies, and with a greater number of newbies comes 50% of people not using the only thing that makes Charizard even remotely viable. Because when you're new, you don't know any better.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
FaceFaceFace, Icy Wind is there to hit Latios on the switch. If Latios is hit on the switch, it will be slower than Keldeo (presumably this applies with Choice Scarf, since 1.5/2=0.75 Ignore this, my math was wrong - A one-stage drop isn't x.5), allowing Keldeo to 2HKO it.

Keldeo was vastly overhyped but in the end it's a very inconsistent pokemon.
Not learning Ice Beam and having to rely on pathetic moves like Icy Wind and HP Ghost for coverage is its greatest fault.
The fact that it's completely and utterly useless outside of rain doesn't help either.
Finally, it's (literally) a one-trick pony. You see it on team preview, you exactly know how to deal with it.
LOL at useless outside of rain. I got a team in the top twenty on PS! using Specs Keldeo, and I run a weatherless team, and it has been an incredible asset to me. To be perfectly honest, I can get by mostly with its STABS alone. Also, it's one of the few special attackers that can reliably take out Blissey and Chansey without breaking a sweat (and yet people STILL try to switch their pink blobs in on him). Honestly, if you write off Keldeo simply because of Tornadus-T's existence (run scarf Thundurus-T with Keldeo and you no longer need to worry about Tornadus), or because of its lackluster movepool, you are doing yourself a disservice. Keldeo is incredibly powerful, and even better, he punishes opposing rain teams, making him useful as an anti-metagame tool.

Yeah, Jolteon has been in OU for a while because of its lightning speed (no pun intended :/). I would say CS Jolteon is one of the best counters to CS Starmie (aside from the mighty Sucker Punch). With rain becoming more and more prominent, Jolteon will become more commonplace since of PA Thunder.

Or perhaps not. Lightningrod Zapdos, and Volt Absorb Raikou are bound to be released sometime in the future, and I feel that then Jolteon's usage will take a dip.

I'm actually surprised Tentacruel hasn't risen more with rain everywhere, its a stable of most balanced and stall rain teams, heck even offensive ones. But whatever, Im glad, tentacruel is a pain to face on my end.

The amount of Mamoswine is interesting to say the least.

Infernape usage has actually risen? Weird.

Man did celebi and Reunicles take a dive.

FaceFaceFace, Icy Wind is there to hit Latios on the switch. If Latios is hit on the switch, it will be slower than Keldeo (presumably this applies with Choice Scarf, since 1.5/2=0.75), allowing Keldeo to 2HKO it.
Just nitpicking here, but Icy Wind is a -1 to speed, which essentially cancels out Scarf. It doesn't halve speed like a -2 move would.

The amount of Mamoswine is interesting to say the least.
Mamo is a great answer to Tornadus-T and Thundurus-T. Superpower is now legal with Thick Fat and Icicle Crash, which allows for great coverage against, say, Blissey and Ferrothorn.

All in all, B2W2 gave Mamo a huge boost, not just in utility, but in need.

Speaking of Mamo,

Code:
 +----------------------------------------+ 
 | Mamoswine                              | 
 | Abilties                               | 
 | Thick Fat 72.823%                      | 
 | Snow Cloak 21.826%                     | 
 | Oblivious  5.351%                      | 
 | Items                                  | 
 | Life Orb 45.382%                       | 
 | Focus Sash 19.962%                     | 
 | Choice Band 11.681%                    | 
 | Leftovers  7.395%                      | 
 | Choice Scarf  6.206%                   | 
 | Expert Belt  3.905%                    | 
 | NeverMeltIce  1.655%                   | 
 | Other  3.814%                          | 
 | Natures                                | 
 | Adamant 56.763%                        | 
 | Jolly 36.611%                          | 
 | Hardy  2.431%                          | 
 | Other  4.194%                          | 
 | EV spreads                             | 
 | 4/252/0/0/0/252 43.917%                | 
 | 0/252/4/0/0/252 17.237%                | 
 | 252/252/0/0/4/0 10.708%                | 
 | 0/252/0/0/4/252  6.990%                | 
 | 0/252/0/0/0/252  6.390%                | 
 | 252/252/0/0/0/4  2.069%                | 
 | Other 12.689%                          | 
 | Moves                                  | 
 | Earthquake 98.761%                     | 
 | Ice Shard 92.187%                      | 
 | Icicle Crash 50.996%                   | 
 | Superpower 43.417%                     | 
 | Stone Edge 37.660%                     | 
 | Stealth Rock 36.288%                   | 
 | Endeavor 14.356%                       | 
 | Icicle Spear 14.216%                   | 
 | Other 12.120%                          | 
I'm really surprised that LO is so dominant and that Band is only seen on 1 in 9 sets. I personally run Adamant Banded, but now that I think about it, that's almost certainly overkill--I don't think Banded nets any notable Ice Shard 1HKOs that you can't get with LO (or Jolly).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)