Official Smogon University Simulator Statistics — October 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arguably Swampert shouldn't be too affected by SbCM Raikou (it mostly runs Hp Ice because it gives superior coverage), but I do think Raikou affects the viability of most bulky waters... Swampert isn't even that low into the list to begin with.

I always thought Krookodile was used as a weaker Heracross of sorts, I'm not surprised to see him so low.
What Krookodile has that Heracross doesn't is the ability to switch into Psychics easily, and a much more powerful Earthquake. Also, so many Raikous run Hpgrass nowadays just to get the drop on Pert. Honestly, I don't get why Swampert is 20+ which is pretty low considering its utility.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
| 54 | Ninjask | 27023 | 3.490% | 24304 | 3.883% |

If someone doesn't explain the fact that Ninjask is in OU range right this instant, I'm gonna punch as many noobs as I can. Wait, I think I just explained it... The fact that this piece of shit is used more than actually good shit like Gothitelle is disgraceful. I'm disappointed in the OU ladder.
Gothitelle gets less usage in OU than Staraptor, Aerodactyl, and fucking ELECTIVIRE. What is this blasphemy.
Apparently, speaking of Ninjask, Baton Pass had a "Revival" of sorts. I think it might have been from an RMT but I don't know exactly. Nonetheless, I tried a Baton Pass team with Ninjask and used Scrafty as the receiver of the boosts, it wrecked. Baton Pass is a really good strategy.

And also, Stoutland's low usage is just as outrageous as that of Goth. The fact that shitty FailVire gets more usage than these two legitimately good mons (Gothitelle and Stoutland) is beyond me. Also...

| 38 | Machamp | 11175 | 6.880% | 9154 | 6.785% |

I would like to say one more thing. Stop Using this piece of SHIT in UU, please! No, No Guard DynamicPunch does not give an excuse to use a Pokemon who is slow as hell and outperformed by bigger and badder Fighting-types like Heracross, Mienshao, and Scrafty. No Guard DynamicPunch is a silly gimmick and no one should EVER be using Machamp over a more dangerous Pokemon. Why use 100 BP STAB, when I could be using 130 BP STAB from Scrafty and Mienshao, or even 120 BP STAB from Cobalion, Virizion, and Heracross? Seriously, stop using Machamp, because there are better options for Fighting-types out there. Use those instead.

EDIT:
| 13 | Excadrill | 11325 | 13.752% | 8960 | 13.554% |
| 20 | Tyranitar | 8885 | 10.789% | 8230 | 12.450% |

What? How does Exca get way more usage than Ttar? Isn't every Excadrill supposed to run Tyranitar, or else Exca fails? What is this huge difference in usage between two Pokemon who should always be run together on one team?

OU tier needs to be cut down to 50 pokemons, at moment it is unstable. See thoses tier changes.
I know it doesnt stop people using silly pokemons... but it would help bit

I would like to say one more thing. Stop Using this piece of SHIT in UU, please! No, No Guard DynamicPunch does not give an excuse to use a Pokemon who is slow as hell and outperformed by bigger and badder Fighting-types like Heracross, Mienshao, and Scrafty. No Guard DynamicPunch is a silly gimmick and no one should EVER be using Machamp over a more dangerous Pokemon. Why use 100 BP STAB, when I could be using 130 BP STAB from Scrafty and Mienshao, or even 120 BP STAB from Cobalion, Virizion, and Heracross? Seriously, stop using Machamp, because there are better options for Fighting-types out there. Use those instead.
Machamp is not outclassed by other fighting-types. In fact, it needs more love.

Name something else besides ghosts that doesn't care about dynamicpunch. If you desperately need power Machamp also has Close Combat.

No Guard dynamicpunch is a gimmick? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. by your logic, an ability that makes a pokemon effective is a gimmick. That means multiscale nite is a gimmick, skill link cloyster is a gimmick, hell, Magic Bounce Espeon is an ugly gimmick.

Machamp simply DOES NOT CARE about any pokemon that switches into it, unless it's a ghost-type. It can simply spread confusion through your team and make you rage like crazy. Even ghost-types have to watch out for payback, and while it's slow as hell, it's also bulky as hell.

Name something else that can run a great sub + dynamicpunch set. Golurk fails to do that because he doesn't hit hard enough, he's better off with a sub + focus punch set.

And you think it's outclassed by Mienshao, Scrafty, Cobalion and Virizion. Well, let me tell you a little secret. It's actually the other way around.

Apparently, speaking of Ninjask, Baton Pass had a "Revival" of sorts. I think it might have been from an RMT but I don't know exactly. Nonetheless, I tried a Baton Pass team with Ninjask and used Scrafty as the receiver of the boosts, it wrecked. Baton Pass is a really good strategy.

Good to see Ninjask still holds merit in Gen V OU. It may require a Mental Herb nowadays, but it can still get the job done. Especially with a Magic Bouncer for support in Espeon, and many new recipients for the boosts in Speed and physical Attack, I'm actually surprised Ninjask's usage didn't jump higher. Especially with the new Dark Horse shenanigans being employed.

And also, Stoutland's low usage is just as outrageous as that of Goth. The fact that shitty FailVire gets more usage than these two legitimately good mons (Gothitelle and Stoutland) is beyond me. Also...

Weather is lessening in popularity, thereby rendering Goth and Stoutland a more difficult time finding teamslots. That said, they should be higher than Electivire in usage when it comes to viability, and even Metagross should be surpassed in usage thresholds comparatively speaking.

I would like to say one more thing. Stop Using this piece of SHIT in UU, please! No, No Guard DynamicPunch does not give an excuse to use a Pokemon who is slow as hell and outperformed by bigger and badder Fighting-types like Heracross, Mienshao, and Scrafty.

Machamp's still meritable in UU, and I would not be surprised that, if it dropped to RU, it wound up in BL2 simply because No Guard Dynamicpunch would force the usage of the few (and very average) Ghost-types in RU/NU just to avoid getting knocked by the move and its confusion.

No Guard DynamicPunch is a silly gimmick and no one should EVER be using Machamp over a more dangerous Pokemon.

It's a silly gimmick, but it's also a lethal gimmick. Same can also be said of Dugtrio, Gothitelle, and Magnezone in OU. Their usage is gimmicky for trapping, and their impact in the trapping is somewhat tenuous because each has a flaw which must be circumvented for them to work. Remove obligatory Ghost-types, and then Machamp can still go to town unless you also run a bulky Psychic with Lum Berry to laugh at Confusion.

Why use 100 BP STAB, when I could be using 130 BP STAB from Scrafty and Mienshao, or even 120 BP STAB from Cobalion, Virizion, and Heracross?

That said, there is a point about how the other Fighting-types have more powerful options at their disposal which makes Dynamicpunch pale in comparison. Machamp does have Close Combat, too. Although, I'd rather use Hi-Jump Kick on different Pokes.

Seriously, stop using Machamp, because there are better options for Fighting-types out there. Use those instead.

EDIT:

What? How does Exca get way more usage than Ttar? Isn't every Excadrill supposed to run Tyranitar, or else Exca fails? What is this huge difference in usage between two Pokemon who should always be run together on one team?

I run the bulky Excadrill set in Ubers for the simple purpose of Rapid Spinning. As I depend on Parasect and Ho-Oh for my shenanigans, removing Stealth Rocks is essentially required or else health is otherwise unnecessarily lost each time I switch them into various attacks. Not to mention Exca partners well as a quadruple Rock resistor.
Arguments in bold.

tehy

Banned deucer.
I've got to agree with the machamp arguments. Any time you are hit by machamp's main stab move, base 150 coming off of base 130 attack, you have only a half chance of moving(And can't forget confusion damage). That means he can either be a dick and stay in and BAM, you're fucked 50% of the time . Or he can just go to a counter/check and half the time get in for free. Of course, he can payback ghosts, he can no guard stone edge things in the face, and he can even ice punch gliscor. And he has bullet punch for a finisher, useful for weakened/cc'd rakion up in OU.
"Why use 100 when i could use 120/130?"
Oh, i don't know. Why would you want to use a move that causes on-hit confusion? That's a terrible STAB move to spam! I'd prefer to use a move that lowers both your defenses by one stage! Nah, that's unfair. After all, there's a move that does 50% of your life if it misses or gets used on a ghost or pokemon using protect! Amazing!
As for the pokes:"Heracross, Mienshao, and Scrafty Cobalion, Virizion"
Heracross/mienshao are fast, not bulky.
Cobalion, virizion and scrafty have a much lower attack.
Being slow only matters if you give up free switches, but any switch that's not ghost type has only a 50% chance of using that switch effectively. Not very free.

Wow... Serperior is in the top 3 in DW OU... Kinda shocked he surpassed Dragonite... man I can't wait till we can use him legally... he'll make quite the jump I bet... I wonder if him and Chandy will make good team-mates?

Though Giga Drain/Leech Seed is kinda redundant... HP Fire should be mandatory since he's otherwise completely walled by Steel's

EDIT:

Excadrill is often seen on rain stall teams as a rapid spinner and check to sand teams. That will most likely explain its higher usage.

Also quite late to say this, but thank you for the stats, antar. I always like to read through them and see what has changed between months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)