OM Interviews (#16: In The Hills)

How tall are you, and can you dunk? (thats as far as my basketball knowledge goes soz :P)

If ur gonna manage next year, who do you plan on upbidding the most? WHile your at it, reveal all your auction strats so everyone has a year to craft the perfect ct auction strategy

Have you considered losing for a change?

Thoughts on OMGS II?

Jrdn for om player of 2k17 y/y?

And last but not least......

So when i first got into oms last year, everyone was still talking about klang being the goat (although he quit a little while before I started), and later on I heard about w0rd being the undisputed goat when he played oms. So ig my question, is how do you think your legacy stacks up against these goats? And if you were to all play each other in AAA in a round robin, bo3 of AAA during w0rd's time, AAA during Klangs time, and AAA currently, who do you think would come out on top? I expect game by game analysis ;P

DEG

The night belongs to you
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Is the human being nothing but a puppet controlled by his own emotions?
Do we really experience unconsciousness or does every action have a biological meaning behind it?
What's the difference between a normal object/drawing/writing and art? What type of art do you find yourself liking the most?
Are we alone in this galaxy? Why do you think that?
Are humans really losing what makes them humans and going back to animal civilization?
Does death scare you? What do you think waits you after death?
Do you enjoy dreaming?
Thoughts on real life dreaming vs sleep dreaming?
Thoughts on German rap?
Do you like poetry?
Is DEG the best user? 1000 words minimum essay.

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
do you still expect elaborate marriage proposals after seeing this
im worth it
want 2 host a tour W/ me
if its aaa and you want to do at least 60% of the work
thoughts on mnm?
2nd fave meta atm, pretty fun. Wish Deo-S would at least be suspected, enough people seem to agree that its broken where it seems like its at least worth the vote but what do i know. Also aggronite pallossand should have 3 stabs
Thoughts on me actually creating water absorb Nihilego (probsies) months b4 you
thoughts on photoshop?
Do you think your life is meaningful right now?

If not, what will you do to make your life meaningful?

Are you annoyed when you answer the questions above?

Do you listen to music? If so, what kind of music you listen to?

What do you think about me asking these very same questions in all interviews?

Please give a detailed explanation about the role of acetylcholine in a synapse.

What is the difference of ascending and descending pathway?
1. I think a meaningful life has three components in no order: 1. Creating one's own happiness 2. Self improvement 3. Creating others' happiness
I'm committed/dedicated/hardworking in my field so my current life has meaning in self improvement, I find enough happiness currently but look for more, and as a college student not in a relationship there aren't grandiose things I can do for others' happiness currently but I think I try to enough small things/show kindness to at least assist in that. so ya

2. ^
3. I mean if you are genuinely curious about how other ppl interpret a meaningful life, whether it be religion or a personal code like mine, no, but if you are just trying to be annoying, then its annoying.
4. I pretty much always listen to music. Walking, working out, homework, study, driving, chilling. Pretty much only don't have music on if im sleeping or in class. I mostly listen to hip hop, old Kanye is my favorite artist, I listen to a lot of Young Thug currently.
5. see #3
6. you're not getting detailed bc no one cares. ACh, like any neurotransmitter, has its effect dependent on what signal chain is within a neuron after the receptor. It's mostly known for its function in neuromuscular junctions, but like all neurotransmitters it has a wide range of effects, another well known one is memory.
7. ascending pathways go through the sensory receptor --> Dorsal rami --> spinal nerve --> dorsal root --> dorsal horn --> spinothalamic tract --> thalamus to deliver sensory info to brain
Descending pathways go through cortex --> corticospinal tract --> ventral/lateral horn --> ventral/communicating rami --> motor neuron to create smooth or skeletal muscle action
(for the most part)

How tall are you, and can you dunk? (thats as far as my basketball knowledge goes soz :P)

If ur gonna manage next year, who do you plan on upbidding the most? WHile your at it, reveal all your auction strats so everyone has a year to craft the perfect ct auction strategy

Have you considered losing for a change?

Thoughts on OMGS II?

Jrdn for om player of 2k17 y/y?

And last but not least......

So when i first got into oms last year, everyone was still talking about klang being the goat (although he quit a little while before I started), and later on I heard about w0rd being the undisputed goat when he played oms. So ig my question, is how do you think your legacy stacks up against these goats? And if you were to all play each other in AAA in a round robin, bo3 of AAA during w0rd's time, AAA during Klangs time, and AAA currently, who do you think would come out on top? I expect game by game analysis ;P
1. 6'5 (195cm i think?), yes
2. Im buying myself for the most. Im not gunna be an idiot and spend the most money on AG players like every other manager
3. losing sucks, not a fan
4. idk which one was that
5. rozes
6. I never saw w0rd either. From what I've heard from serious discussion, he's mostly way overhyped now almost to a meme - his legend is better than he was.
Regarding my 'legacy' - my first ompl i choked in semifinals against klang in TS so i lost 3-2, I didnt take this omgs seriously so i was shit. Hard to see anyone saying i surpassed klang in OM legacy without winning OMGS. I think I can be seen as the best AAA player.
AAA: again i never saw w0rd. I'll take myself over klang (in AAA). Beat him in omgs (in aaa) & ompl when he was still klang. I'll take myself against anyone in aaa call it arrogance or whatever idc i just expected to win every aaa game ive played for awhile now (obv that doesn't happen)

Is the human being nothing but a puppet controlled by his own emotions?
Do we really experience unconsciousness or does every action have a biological meaning behind it?
What's the difference between a normal object/drawing/writing and art? What type of art do you find yourself liking the most?
Are we alone in this galaxy? Why do you think that?
Are humans really losing what makes them humans and going back to animal civilization?
Does death scare you? What do you think waits you after death?
Do you enjoy dreaming?
Thoughts on real life dreaming vs sleep dreaming?
Thoughts on German rap?
Do you like poetry?
Is DEG the best user? 1000 words minimum essay.
1. Not really. We have a basic tendency for certain personalities and emotions but this can be influenced by the environments we're given and provide ourselves. Being human is just that our brains evolved enough for cognitive thought as this facilitated group formation and altruism which put us at the top of natural selection
2. I guess anything can be considered art, it is up to the viewer. Not much of a fan of visual art. I really enjoy music I'll call that my favorite form of art. I'll say poetry as well as that's essentially rap.
3. In the galaxy? idk 50/50 ig?. In the universe? Almost definitely not. Just statistical probabilities of conditions necessary for life.
4. We are animals
5. Not currently since I'm young and healthy. It's a tendency for people to fear death more as they approach it through age/illness/circumstance. Every living being has a natural fear of death, (if you didnt evolution would get rid of that specie real quick). I don't think there is anything after death. Without living cells there can't base for consciousness or anything of the sort.
6. Yeah I like dreaming. Lets you do things you cant currently do.
7. Almost the same thing, from a neurological standpoint
8. Haven't listened to it
9. I don't read poetry. I think rap is poetry so yes.
10. No, you aren't imas (repeated 250 times)

Thoughts on your name containing one of the worst natures in the game?
My name comes from the definition of lax as in my personality, i didnt even know the nature existed at the time of my name creation. I still don't know natures besides adamant/jolly & timid/modest

First questions here

1. Thoughts on people (including me) reading and pronouncing your name as LaxLapras?
2. Thoughts on AG?
3. Favorites species of bird?
4. What non-ladder OM would you like to see have a ladder?

Laxpras

1. Thoughts on people (including me) reading and pronouncing your name as LaxLapras?
2. Thoughts on AG?
3. Favorites species of bird?
4. What non-ladder OM would you like to see have a ladder?
1. thats a weird way to pronounce best user
2. Not a big fan. Evasion and shit is annoying. ig its better this gen with klefki and darkrai nerfed, but still not gunna bother getting into it, too close to standard for me.
3. peacock ig
4. Lockdown. It hasn't even won omotm but the idea is so amazing I wish ppl would vote for it. It's so different from all our metas. It introduces new things like Trick Room and Terrain which are generally not used much in OMs.

TFW Laxpras is 7 inches taller than I am.
theyre good at aaa

What do you look for in a partner?

I'm asking for a friend
has a passion for something, cares about people, liberal, boobs, smiles/laughs a lot, exercises

thoughts on being 3 inches shorter tm than yours truly tm
being tall is a curse

Do you run Lax Lapras?
no, i run this town

Where's the heart react button when you need it?? Also, agreed, zac efron is indeed a hotboii.

Time for the real qs:

1. Thoughts on being robbed of an earlier interview despite being the greatest to ever do it?
  2. Thoughts on me being denied my well deserved re-interview?
  3. Artists you listen to atm (i'll pretend "I listen to a lot of Young Thug currently." never happened)?
  4. How'd you go from Redbone to Young Thug?
  5. Name 3 movie/whatever soundtracks you thought were cool off the top of your head.
  6. When are you deleting buzzmag and tapu koko? lookin like weavile is next
  7. Thoughts on anime?
  8. How did we end up in this circlejerk that is our relationship?
  9. Also when are we makin things official bb? :***

Laxpras

Where's the heart react button when you need it?? Also, agreed, zac efron is indeed a hotboii.

Time for the real qs:

1. Thoughts on being robbed of an earlier interview despite being the greatest to ever do it?
  2. Thoughts on me being denied my well deserved re-interview?
  3. Artists you listen to atm (i'll pretend "I listen to a lot of Young Thug currently." never happened)?
  4. How'd you go from Redbone to Young Thug?
  5. Name 3 movie/whatever soundtracks you thought were cool off the top of your head.
  6. When are you deleting buzzmag and tapu koko? lookin like weavile is next
  7. Thoughts on anime?
  8. How did we end up in this circlejerk that is our relationship?
  9. Also when are we makin things official bb? :***
1. Chloe is a snake
2. Chloe is a snake
3. Young Thug, Younger and Thugger, Travis Scott, Ty Dolla Sign, Cousin Stizz, Gucci, Amine, Boogie with a Hoodie
4. I'm a man of diverse and exquisite taste
5. The Fighter, Guardians of the Galaxy 1, 8 Mile
6. When the council decides to listen to their overlord
7. Only anime I've watched is a few seasons of Avatar when I was younger? Idk it's not my thing. I really like movies but from my own experience anime comes across as too stereotypical/typecast characters/predictable plots
8. Destiny (remember when i would chall you in aaa and you would just say "busy")
9. Once I get out of school and I'm rich and I can give you the life that you deserve.

:*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=dwWs7ZnGekc

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
1. Thoughts on AAA suspect ladder where every offensive 'mons I choose are either obliterated by band adapt moves or Pursuit trapped by Weavile? (If you didn't notice it means I am suffering in suspect ladder as usual)
2. Do you think freeing Innards Out will solve all these problems with overcentralization of offensive threats? (Disregard its uncompetitiveness though)
3. Why is Dugtrio still unbanned ._. its STAB Earthquake can still be evaded by switching out and Pursuit trapping is outclassed by alolan muk and weavile
4. Thoughts on this cool-looking set:
upload_2017-9-28_18-11-7.png

Last edited:
I had questions for Racool but i was late.
So you the first Laxpras;

Do you mind answer others questions ?

Will Lapras be discovered on North or South pole ?

Can you dive ?

Do you know your AAA banlist if asked on the street ?

I think you will make an entrance into guinness records, do you agree ?

Offtopic;
Klang, you gave an expert version of that problem,
the original version is safe 5 and kill one or do nothing and 5 die.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_problem

The 2nd version of yours introduces randomness we all love,
25% sounds alot like switch out or risk being fully para or staying asleep.

Offtopic;
Klang, you gave an expert version of that problem,
the original version is safe 5 and kill one or do nothing and 5 die.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_problem

The 2nd version of yours introduces randomness we all love,
25% sounds alot like switch out or risk being fully para or staying asleep.
I too draw parallels between 5 human lives, and paras/sleep turns

New phone who dis?
Melanism or Albinism?
Would you rather be dumb but pretentious af or smart and super immature?
Which power is better: Flying but only really close to the ground, or telekinesis but you can only attract small things to you?
Which OM would you want to see irl?

I suppose as a fellow Mix and Mega aficionado, I should ask a few questions myself.

1.) Red Orb Hydreigon y/y

2.) What are your two favorite meme sets to have come out of Mix and Mega?

3.) What's the best topping on pizza?

4.) Opinions on Mix and Mega Ubers?

5.) How well do you think the human race is going to maintain the Earth over the next few decades?

And most importantly of all,

6.) What's your favorite thing you've seen out of the low ladder in Showdown?

Good luck with your continued stay here, and with your pre-med education.

Laxpras

1. Thoughts on AAA suspect ladder where every offensive 'mons I choose are either obliterated by band adapt moves or Pursuit trapped by Weavile? (If you didn't notice it means I am suffering in suspect ladder as usual)
2. Do you think freeing Innards Out will solve all these problems with overcentralization of offensive threats? (Disregard its uncompetitiveness though)
3. Why is Dugtrio still unbanned ._. its STAB Earthquake can still be evaded by switching out and Pursuit trapping is outclassed by alolan muk and weavile
4. Thoughts on this cool-looking set:
1. banweavile
2. baninnardsout
3. bandugtrio
4. dontbanthatwtfjrdnthatsetsucks

I thought his name was LaxLapras.
i thought your name was eevee general
Do you mind answer others questions ?

Will Lapras be discovered on North or South pole ?

Can you dive ?

Do you know your AAA banlist if asked on the street ?

I think you will make an entrance into guinness records, do you agree ?
1. nah im here to supply the public with the info they need
2. idk i still dont know where penguins are located
3. there are 2 kinds of ppl in this world: Those who slide into the DMs, and those who dive.
4. no but i know how to punch someone in the nose
5. thats the nicest thing anyones ever said to me

New phone who dis?
Melanism or Albinism?
Would you rather be dumb but pretentious af or smart and super immature?
Which power is better: Flying but only really close to the ground, or telekinesis but you can only attract small things to you?
Which OM would you want to see irl?
1. daddy
2. racism
3. ig smart and immature? idk im surrounded by frat dudes who combine being dumb, pretentious, and immature into one beer filled sack
4. telekinesis. imagine not having to get up to turn a light off ever again.
5. aaa, praise me

1.) Red Orb Hydreigon y/y

2.) What are your two favorite meme sets to have come out of Mix and Mega?

3.) What's the best topping on pizza?

4.) Opinions on Mix and Mega Ubers?

5.) How well do you think the human race is going to maintain the Earth over the next few decades?

And most importantly of all,

6.) What's your favorite thing you've seen out of the low ladder in Showdown?
1. or you could run volcarona which is better in every way
2. idk mnm is a pretty bad meta for memes in general. barb isnt rlly a meme but its insanely good and unused so i'll say barb. Jrdn made a dope lucarionite toxicroak set with SD and low kick/gunk shot that beats pretty much every wall in the meta
3. saaauuusage
4. sounds stupid
5. uh, if we can survive the next 3 years with a 71year old 13year old as the most powerful man in the world we can probably do ok... then again idk cuz the climate shit is gunna fuck us up quick and previously mentioned 71year old 13year old and his environmental department seem to have an inability to understand quite elementary science
6. when i go on an alt in aaa and people tell me how awful i am and how stupid my sets are, then i win quite easily

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
For my sixth interview, I talked to everyone's favourite om roomauth starting with j that isn't jrdn!

#6 jasprose | MAMP: he's alright i guess

[jasp's pupper]

Hey jasp!
hey chloe!

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
well, i'm an 18 year old kid going to college in california and idk what else to say

How did you get into Pokémon? How about Pokémon Showdown and OMs?
well, i first got into it back with diamond and pearl when i was younger, played the games and thought they were a lot of fun, so i just kept playing the games, and eventually i found out about showdown. oms i got interested in mostly through tours room roomtours, and just sort of thought they were a lot of fun

What are your opinions on the current Sketchmons vs STABmons debate?
i don't really have a strong opinion about it since both metas are fun, and like, no matter what happens, we aren't losing a ladder at least, so regardless of the winner, things'll probs be fine

If you could choose one metagame to take over Sketchmons instead of STABmons what would it be?
i know its not a real om but could i pick 0v0 to replace it?
maybe either some sort of meta mash up, like aaas, or dual wielding, since i lead the meta, or partners in crime

What are your thoughts on OMPL V?
ompl v was fun, untitled unfezants got kinda unlucky a lot though. but for the most part, it was fun to try out new things and play against other players and be on a team. it was defs a lot more fun than my last experience on a big team tour

If you were genuinely picking metagames to receive opens in OMGS III, what would they be?
probs bh / mnm / ag / sketch / stab and maybe 1v1 and maybe also monorandbats and 0v0
given the option, i actually would genuinely pick monorandbats and 0v0. they aren't really competitive but they're a lot of fun, and that's what people join tours for anyways

Dream Eater Gengar asks: Do you think 1v1 is a hax and matchup based metagame?
[00:18] +Dream Eater Gengar: Say no
honestly, while im not too sure about whether or not it's hax and match up based, those certainly affect the meta a whole lot more than they affect most other metas. while that's not like a solid answer, it's probs the best answer i've got rn

What players do you look up to or are really good friends with within the OM community?
within the om community, idk if there are really too many people i look up to / am good friends with, other than like, Volt, Racool, and Tyler. there are some other people from the om community that i think im like sort of friends with maybe ?? but like if you asked them they might just say no. but honestly for the most part, there aren't really a lot of om people that i know too well yet

Kit Kasai asks: Free CH?
what is "an ch"?

lotiasite asks: Why is bh your favourite om?
i like how many options there are, and that you get to be (almost) as creative as you wanna be. and it's also neat that you've gotta be able to make good predictions and that even when you might be at a disadvantage, there's usually some way out

Is there anything you'd unban if you were Flint?
if i wanted the meta to be balanced, i wouldnt really unban anything. maybe quickban a thing or two though

Soccer asks: Who is your favorite polo player?
idk sports, so ill pass

Thanks for the interview, do you have any final thoughts?
i don't think i have anything else to add, thank you for the interview :)

Ask jasprose any questions you have below!

1. How did it feel when your meta won OMotM but couldn't be implemented
2. How will you feel if Dual Wielding wins OMotM/LCotM for a month along with PiC as the other
3. How many hours do you stay online for?
4. Irl friends or online friends or Chloe
5. TI gives you the power to make ONE INSANE HELL OF AN OM. Describe in short, however fucked up it may be

MAMP

MAMP!
what are you studying in college?

whats your favourite book (and why)?

where does the name jasprose come from?

free averagemons?

1. How did it feel when your meta won OMotM but couldn't be implemented
disappointing, but hey, there's always next month!
2. How will you feel if Dual Wielding wins OMotM/LCotM for a month along with PiC as the other
that'd be super cool tbh
3. How many hours do you stay online for?
too many u_u
4. Irl friends or online friends or Chloe
both
5. TI gives you the power to make ONE INSANE HELL OF AN OM. Describe in short, however fucked up it may be
skill cup but with more luck involved somehow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)