Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Icy Wind
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam/Shadow ball

This Bisharp and Gengar core is absolutely deadly offensively and can also be used in semi stall teams as this combo makes sure hazards are in the field,if not the opponent pays deadly damage with defiant adamant priority Biharp for it as they can prevent rapid spin and defog which semi stall teams enjoy .Also Bisharp can take on stall/wallbreakers which have more/better special defense while Gengar can take on those who are defensive.Offensively this core in the same way can destroy specially defensive tanks and defensive tanks respectively.And for Gengar i chose Dazzling Gleam over shadow ball for its ability to take on Sableye and some fighting types as most psychic types either outspeed it or of the same speed(which can be risky) and ko it with their stab also the other coverage moves of Gengar can take most of them .U can use shadow ball if u hate Mega slowbro or Victini. Also these 2 can switch into each others checks easily as Bisharp can switch into dark,ghost and psychic pokemons and can kill them with Its pursuit or sucker punch while Gengar can have a free switch on the fighting and ground moves aimed at bIsharp.A fighting type set up sweeper works really well with this core as Hazards can stay which helps set up sweeps as well as bisharp can pursuit trap and ko the psychic and ghost types[Mostlly u are gonna have stealth rock on the field so no need to worry abt flying types also dazling gleam can take out Mega sableye which also threatens fighting sweepers] which threatens the fighting type pokemons and also the fighting type pokes can take care of dark types and choice scarf excadrill which this core struggles against.

Just try to kill starmie as soon as possible with bisharp's pursuit as it is the only rapid spinner which can threaten gengar in OU.Icy wind for gengar to ko Landorous-T,garchomp and gliscor(These are also some of the msot commonly used pokemon in ou) which can force gengar out as well as ko Bisharp.I chose Bisharp as the pursuit user over others as i felt it can work better as every1 knows Bisharp has the supereffective priority suckerpunch which opponents can fear and make them switch and also as stab pursuit is the one that can ohko a lot of psychic types.

P.S:This is my first post and so it may not be perfect:)

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok closing submissions. Here are your options (not gonna format them into hide tags 'cause they're all on one page and because I am stuck on the most unreliable devices known to man).

Key: Username Stalker

zbr (Mega Metagross+Keldeo)
False. (Mega Beedrill+Breloom)
Akumeoy (Mega Aerodactyl+Magnezone+Latios)
HappyHoopa05 (Mega Charizard Y+Latios+Weavile)
Littlelucario (Volcanion+Mega Manectric+Weavile)
komet3 (Metagross+Volcanion+Latios)
Finnuk (Mega Garchomp+Tyranitar)
Gigglewithme (Gengar+Bisharp)

You can vote for up to 2 cores. Good luck to all entrants.

Please also note that this will be the last week of the ORAS itteration of the Core Building Competition. With school starting up again and all it seems like a good time to close up shop to prepare for the forum's wind-down before SuMo (that and 30 is a round number and I'd be constantly tormented if it ended on a week number that wasn't divisible by 5 :< ), and I would just like to thank everyone who participated for making this project as fun as it has been to manage and take part in, with special thanks going to Bendiving for starting up v1 and making me want to both take part in and, eventually, help with the running of this project. Honestly the reception of this project has repeatedly astounded me, so once again thank you so much!

Finnuk & Akumeoy

Sad to see the end of this project, thanks Martin for keeping the thread going when I burned out, you've done a great job dude and even when there were three of us running it at the end of v1 you were always the one with the best ideas, hope a SuMo edition can come out in a few months :D

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
happy 11
ll 1
finn 11
aku 111
zbr 111111
false 11111

ZBR wins the last week. Once again gonna say a huge thank you to everyone who took part in this project and I really hope that I am able to host it again next gen 'cause it has been a thoroughly enjoyable experience :)

Just gonna update the archive and then can a mod lock this thread. Thank you!

Edit: done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)