Other Metagames Grand Slam

Question: is there a reason the point values scale so steeply? The OP links the Grand Slam point system, but that seems to have been totally ignored in favour of some weird pseudo-multiplicative system :s
Not sure what you mean. It does follow the point system it the link, unless I made a mistake.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
I think the place you are messing up at is instead of giving the point amount every round, that link includes how many total points someone could get from that tour. So for winning the AAA Slam I should recieve 10 pounts total, not 1 + 2 + 3 + 5 + 7 + 10 which would come out to how many points you have awarded me at the moment.

I am fairly confident that this is how Grand Slam points are awarded, but you could always ask a Tournament Director in order to double check.

EV

Banned deucer.
Signup Statistics:
  1. Monotype - 158 entries
  2. AAA - 98 entries
  3. STABmons - 75 entries
  4. Tier Shift - 69 entries
  5. BH - 51 entries (50 valid entries)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)