Other Metagames V.I.P. Club

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
You know, I feel like compiling a list of notable stat givers by color, namely by top 5 BSTs, offensive stats, and bulk ratings (banned 'mons excluded).
Bulk rating is a custom statistic equivalent to the product of Attack and Base Power required such that the damage formula yields an equivalent of HP, assuming a modifier of 1 and a level of 100 (in other words, (5/21)*Defense*(HP-2) rounded up, except for Shedinja which has bulk ratings of 1 all around). Average bulk rating is the average of physical bulk rating and special bulk rating, rounded up.
Here is a spreadsheet that I created to facilitate this task:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1epwvkFnvciLD3BaOeJE3RiDI8QZ3VspCA8d67hOt7IY/edit?usp=sharing
Mygavolt has done it again with the spreadsheet and an even in-depth post to go along with it.
Eevee General

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok since I'm "in charge", I went ahead and made all the quoted posts shorter to make the thread not lag and try to crash my browser. In the future, let's continue this practice and delete most of the post (especially sprites and stuff), leaving the first paragraph or so when we quote posts here.

I've also updated the op so users can find the posts and take a look at what got them into the club. Alternatively, users can click this little arrow next to "fat (username) said:" [looks something like this: fat Mygavolt said: ] and go straight to that post from the quote.

I think i trimmed all the posts down, but if i missed any please point them out to me via vm. Also, if the judges have confusions about quoting posts with the arrow lmk (i doubt they do but w/e). Also, apologies in advance for the double post.

(When I came back to finish off S rank my iPad stopped letting my copy/Paste for some reason and im away on vacation so I can't use a computer, if someone could help that would be great, that's also why I had some pokemon with [name] instead of an actual sprite)

This is a 1v1 sets compendium for all mons from S rank through to B rank (not including B- rank]

Welcome to the VIP club figments!

Ok hold up please. Let's get a few things straight. The comparison to Rockceus was dumb, they fundamentally perform different functions. That being said, there's a lot of ignorance on what the two actually do and I'd hate to see us do anything rash like decide that rockceus is significantly better than Mega Diancie. Having extensively used both, it's blatantly obvious that this is not the case. You have one solid offensive mon that people like to scorn because it's not terribly bulky and can't counter Darkrai forever as if that's something it or anything else can do, and you have one defensive mon people are bringing up has more speed and power than mega diancie rather than looking at it in practical terms of defensive and bulky CM sets.
Welcome Megazard!
(someone please edit a stamp into the post, shoutout Quantum Tesseract for this nomination and also for liking a lot of my posts in general)

For some reason this is my 2000th post so shoutout a lot of people that I like (don't be mad if I forgot you, just let me know so I can add something):
Saucier Broken_Spacebar King Tegopelte Hyperbolic Energy Werefofel Piccolo Daimao PlatypusVenom Lcass4919 E4 Flint -Talent- Adrian Marin TheCommadore Keep it Playful Kl4ng Mista Rob Nike of Samothrace Whatwasthatnoise Kit Kasai Ranger Mike AWailOfATail Pikachuun InfernapeTropius11 Kingslayer2779 TTer I_Suck_At_Pokermon Ztest tysequaine highlighter nyan kat morogrim baconbagon Kris Josh Chloe. LaxLapras Deathly ♛The King BIAF Peef Rimgar Betathunder aesf Rumplestiltskin The Official Glyx Spymunk dusk raimon Ango Dream Eater Gengar Ransei regirock manu 11 SpartanMalice Snaquaza TheBurgerKing99 nv OM room w0rd Akashi omnisc motherlove wishes QueBien Arhops
Thanks OM mods Eevee General The Immortal imas scpinion
Also shoutout to my whole OMPL team; thanks for a great season
edit: I forgot: megaqwer:D, MBM99, MAMP, more to come

Last edited:
Since Gen 6 is coming to a close and I probably won't start playing any time soon anyway, here's the sets I liked to use. These are more or less just 3 pokemon that happen to counterteam 3 different people on the ladder using some of the following sets. I won't say I was the first to use many of these since that's not true for almost all. Because of the counter-teamy nature of all of these sets, you won't find stuff like Scarf Kyurem-B and SD Mega Mawile in here, since almost every team prepares for them and they don't exactly lure anything, making them typically inefficient for long ladder winning streaks.
Good post by aesf gets a stamp (smh no roserade though)

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I know I got put in charge of this thread alongside ellipse and betathunder but I don't think I can move this post to the #2 or #3 slot in this thread or edit the stuff that's already there. If I'm supposed to have those privileges, it would be nice if that were updated. If not then I'll need help if people want this moved up. Also if someone knows how to get BBCode
or [pre] tags to work on this site, that would be wonderful. And if someone knows where to get the images for the type labels and move categories, that would be wonderful as well (assuming I can use the table format). Otherwise I'm going to stick to a big code block, since that's the only other way to format this stuff in a table-like way. Hand spacing everything was painful, but I did it. If there are still issues with the list or moves you'd like added, moved, removed, or specified in more detail, please let me know.
ihhca used Code!
It's super effective!
The opposing STABmons OM fainted!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)