Tournament Other Metas Veto Minitour [Winner - Vapo]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
approved by TEG
nice banner
Welcome to the Other Metas Veto Minitour! The way this tournament works is that in each round, 5 metagames are picked at random from a pool of metagames (listed below). Then, each player is given 2 vetoes in which they decide what meta they do no want to play. In this way, the player and their opponent take turns "banning" out metagames until there is one meta left, and they will battle in that meta. The players toss a coin to decide who bans first.

Example:
The 5 metas are Balanced Hackmons, 1v1, Monotype, Tier Shift, and PU.
Coin toss: Player 1 bans first.

P1: veto BH
P2: veto 1v1
P1: veto mono
P2: veto TS

PU is the meta left, so the players will battle in PU.

Because the metagames are picked at random and there aren't enough metas to have 5 different ones every round, it is very likely a meta will be chosen for more than one round.
The following is the list of metas that will be drafted from (Basically all permanent ladders as well as all past OMoTM that have XY threads and are playable on the main server):

Rules
  • General tournament rules
  • The tournament will be single elimination.
  • Players will play a best of one series of games each round (Exception: 1v1, 2v2 Doubles).
  • Each round will last 1 week, if a match is unfinished by the end of the week I will coinflip it.
  • Replays are not required, but are recommend as proof of victory (and they're fun to watch :D).

Regarding Activity Decisions
  • If your opponent is inactive or does not contact you, you can call for an activity win 48 hours before the end of the round.
  • If neither player is active by the time the round ends and no one calls an activity win, I will coinflip the matchup, no exceptions.
  • Please schedule your matches via profile posts so I have proof of activity.
Signups will end June 20 or when the tour reaches 32 / 24 / 16 or some other round number of people depending on how quickly people sign up.
Ranger Dave
Megazard Z
Mamp
Monte Cristo
Peef Rimgar
tegrof19
BehOhver
insanelegend
aesf
Official Fissure
Kingslayer2779
innovamania
Deathly ♛The King
Illusio
acidphoenix
unfixable
Raseri
Pagoose
-Clone-
InfernapeTropius11
Hollywood
metaphysical
Zewwok
Snaquaza
TTer
FishInABox
Dream Eater Gengar
Silverwhiteblue
Pickle-O Daimao
Uselesscrab
Vapo
jeran
Rhythms
I wuv you
aleuser
Anty
DankKnight
AWailOfATail
motherlove
scald

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)