Project OU Community Create a Team | COMPLETED (see p. 22, post #545)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i can't see this build being entertaining or unique in any way :/.

regardless, it might not be fair to do a revote or something for this core... maybe change it so we're only building around band terrakion?

Yeah, I feel as though building is going to turn into "how do I avoid making a carbon copy of this M-Lati/Terrak team" as opposed to just picking optimal partners.

I'm fairly sure a huge portion of the reason of the fact that no one has submitted partners is because of how proven certain builds with this core are. It's actually quite hard to stray from 2-3 successful builds with a core like this if you want it to turn out decently. I think just building around Band Terrk or M-Lati would be a better alternative.

Last edited:
I think we should just build around Banded Terrakion rather than build around Terrak+Mega Latias. The partners would be very similar to the team that MegaStarUniverse made (Team here)

Nedor

thiccc
ok yeah, sorry i should have done this sooner but stuff has been extremely hectic as of late. i read over your guys' posts & i do agree with what was mentioned, so i will make this final decision:

we will be building around choice band terrakion (can be changed to sd lo down the road if it fits better) as the team will show more variation than if it was alongside mega latias which really forces a type of team that has already been established.

as this has changed last minute, i will be giving you guys a few extra days to submit suggestions of pkmn to be used alongside terrakion only! just to give some information before we hope right into this build, band terrakion is a strong wallbreaker, meaning we build around its strengths in pressuring the opponent's team constantly.

i believe this was a good decision & i thank those who posted above to put this round in the correct direction. remember we are building around band terrakion only & lets have fun!

edit: when posting your recommendation, make sure to include a brief description of why that specific pkmn fits optimally alongside band terrakion!

Last edited:

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch

Mega Lopunny is a cool mon to pair with CB Terrakion because they share similar checks which Terrakion does an insanely good job at pressuring and chipping away at, putting them in range of Lop's moves for when it cleans late game.

Last edited:

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Gonna suggest Bulky Mega Scizor, it's able to check as well as set up on a lot of mons that force out Terrakion like Latios, Mega Metagross, Mega Diance, Whirlwind-less Hippowdon and Landorus-T. Scizor also likes Terrakion weakening bulky grounds and being paired up with a mon that beats Heatran.

garchomp.png

Garchomp (M) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Endure / Substitute
- Swords Dance

Salac Chomp + Terrak is a pretty solid core to begin with, namely featured on Hugo's Mega-Bro bulky offense team. The two place immense pressure on common physically-based pivots and walls like Hippowdon, Rotom-W, Lando-T, etc., meaning they can easily open up the opposition with their absurdly strong attacks.

Infernal

Banned deucer.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast
  • Even though Terrak can do a number to them, having a partner capable of pressuring bulky ground types like Gliscor, Chomp, and Lando-T is still good to have. Thund-I does this well and loves Terrak's ability to shave off a good amount of health from other ground types like Gastro by using CC. Although more troublesome, Hippo is another Pokemon Terrak can deal good damage to with CC (48.5 - 57.3%). With some prior damage, Thund-I has the potential to then kill Hippo with HP Ice (45.2 - 53.3%).
  • Additionally, Thund-I applies heavy pressure on other defensive responses like Slowbro, who is one of Terrak's better answers.
  • Thund-I does a good job threatening offensive builds and benefits from Terrak's ability to pressure balanced / defensive builds in return. With priority Wave, Thund-I can also slow down a few offensive threats, allowing Terrak to outpace and kill them afterwards. Examples include Mega Zam, Mega Lop, and Latios.
  • Steel types like Mega Sciz, Jira, and Mega Gross can all be annoying for Terrak, and Thund-I is a nice offensive check to them. Thund-I can also threaten Pokemon like Loom, Azu, and Mega Cham, all of which threaten Terrak with their priority/STABs.
  • Terrak + Thund-I is a flexible offensive core and can take several routes when building. Depending on the team, Thund-I can also be customized to fulfill certain needs or help Terrak with certain things. For example, GK and NP are both options Thund-I can use to help lure or break down a few Pokemon for Terrak.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I think in the long run the Thundurus should be Nasty Plot as well if chosen (Life Orb optional). Tbolt / Hidden Power / Twave, NP. Feel like the pressure of a wall-breaker plus set up sweeper in Thundurus would open up holes in a team for something to finish end-game since traditional checks to Thundurus are normally defensive (Hippowdon is the big one which Kion hates) and the one decent check that isn't defensive that can afford to switch in is Raikou. Focus Blast I think is better for teams that have issues with Ferrothorn and Heatran, but a water is going to be a necessity anyways to cover Heatran, and it's not too difficult I find to overload Ferrothorn since it wants to be a defensive utility check to a lot of stuff at once.

The only thing I would not advise is to make this team look like Hugos M-Bro team since it's kind of dated, M-Bro seems like a crummy option and creates the same mold of builds out of necessity. Otherwise teams with Band Kion / Kion in general are free to go in a lot of directions.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power Ghost
- Icy Wind

This is a mew stall breaker core. Keldeo resists dark and bug pokemon and beats pursuit users. Mew can switch in for Keldeo for physic type attacks. Keldeo sweeps pokemon that Mew would be knocked out to. These two compliment eachother

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch

Mega Lopunny is a cool mon to pair with CB Terrakion because they share similar checks which Terrakion does an insanely good job at pressuring and chipping away at, putting them in range of Lop's moves for when it cleans late game.
Seeing as Terrak beats/heavily weakens chomp and lando perhaps something like power up punch in the 4th slot would be better to clean, and there are heaps of other cool options that could work well supporting terrak like baton pass, healing wish, or toxic.

since Nedor's on vacation, i'm gonna be handling this ^~^

voting:
  • mega lopunny
  • mega scizor
  • SD + salac berry garchomp
  • thundurus-i
to vote, simply say the name of whatever you're voting for in bold. voting will be open until sunday, 7/10 (or until nedor gets back from vacation idk lol).

Garchomp, Loppunny is cool but I'd rather save the mega slot if possible.

On and if we do go Loppunny can we actually use PuP? That move is so underrated on that thing haha.

Ok changing to Mega Loppuny cause I'd rather have that over Thundy and no one is voting for Chomp ;-;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)