SM OU OU Showdown pokemon team! Please give feedback and suggestions!

Pokemon preview: Gyarados-Mega, Landorus-Therian, Tapu fini, Volcarona, Serperior, Magearna. Please tell me how to do these icons properly because i have no idea. Anyways you can pm me, just focus on the team for now :) Thank you

Hello! My name is lenthi and I`m quiet new to Smogon forums, however i have played a lot on showdown recently and been playing pokemon since i was 4 years old.
Today i would like to share a team where i feel that my requirements gets a thumbs up on each pokemon which is:

1. Weakness coverage: The team has weakness for everything however it might lack some of it, it will cover that up with different moves.

coverage.png

2. Hazard control and hazard sets.

3. Attackers and special attackers

4. atleast 1 defensive wall and 1 special defensive wall

5 Setup moves, taunt and terrains.

And oh boiii i can go on forever but i will not continue because then people will just probably not look at the rest xd

Anyways! Let`s have a look at the first pokemon!

1513453129748.png

(Flame Bug) Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Fiery Dance

I Decided to start off with Volcarona which in my opinion is excellent setup mon with the access to quiver dance and great coverage against psychic and dark types with bug buzz, Also can threat landorus gliscor and dragonite for example with HP Ice. Fiery dance is also there to deal with ferrothorn, kartana and many more. Life orb and flame body just makes it even bette

1513453157966.png

Second mon! To cover up the rock weakness i decided to add Serperior!

(GreenSnake) Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Glare
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse

I Put leftovers on it because of it not having giga drain in this case. Glare is a great move incase you`re low and serperior just cant really do anything else so why not just give the opponent a nice status condition to half their speed and paralyze it. :) Then we have the classic leaf storm which is obvious on serperior with contrary to boost it. HP fire to deal with ferrothorn kartana other serperiors or pretty much any grass type. Then we have dragon pulse for coverage against mons such as dragonite kingdra dragalge and many more.

And now for the special defensive wall i picked Magearna!
1513453189514.png

(Mechanic Flower) Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon

Probably my favorite pokemon because it does so much and can deal huge damange. With assault vest and maxed out hp and special defense it can deal with a lot of mons such as serperior alakazam and mega alakazam clefable greninja kingdra and pretty much all electric types and oh boi i can go on forever! With hp fire it can take down other walls such as ferrothorn which is one of the most popular walls these days, so now we already have 3 counters against ferrothorn and i promise im not going to have even more coverages against it by meaning to because now its enough xd. Volt switch to deal with water types such as gyarados and kingdra gyarados mega ofc and other flying and bug mons such as mega pinsir and also other bug mons such as mega beedrill which for sure can earthquake magearna but magearna lives one hit at full hp and can volt switch immidiately to landorus if thats the case which can make things tricky for that person, However i would not see why i would put magearna in the first place against beedrill, but I`ve had situations when i had to do like this and then he just swapped in this mega beedrill and you never know what he really thinks. Fleur cannon deals with all fighting types dark types and deals with landorus-t really well and much more, plus after the spatk drop you can just volt switch your way back out if you wish to do so. Flash cannon covers a lot of fairy types, covers a lot of rock types and have a great usage in general. Magearna is just the way to go for this team.

For my defensive wall i thought we needed a water type so instead of increasing the ground effectiveness with toxapex i went for tapu fini.
1513453677577.png
(Water Spirit) Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Defog
- Scald
- Taunt

I Love this pokemon because in all the teams i make i just feel that something is missing and then this mon just waves to me and decides to help my team with the coverage needed <33. With misty surge the team can evade toxic and thunder wave and glare from other serperiors. However it has one bad thing that is obvious, Which is that misty surge cant be up when serperior is swapped in. Because that will just not be in the teams favor. But i like it anyways. Moonblast has great coverage against fighting dragon and dark types, with other words Mega medicham, kingdra, dragonite, dragalge houndoom, mega houndoom ash greninja (physical, however it probs will deal with special pretty well too :P not too many gunk shotters these days, but if then nvm about greninja lol.) Defog for hazard setters like hippowdon, torkoal, landorus-t and toxapex for instance. Scald just to get some damange and eventually a burn after the surge if i have to keep it in. Taunt to deal with setup sweepers like mega scizor, mega pinsir, mega gyarados gyarados, kingdra, dragonite, landorus-t, gliscor and many many more. I Was considering haze too but that`s something i would like your guys opinion on really?

My next pokemon i felt like i needed hazards but also another setup, so i made this landorus-t set because apparently that worked really well in the team:

1513453228726.png

(Flying Aligator) Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

A Great lead that works very well with rocky helmet and stealth rock, Either you can go for hazard or go for instant attack depending on what the opponents lead or team is. Swords dance allows Landorus-t to setup in the beginning forcing them to probably switch because well then that pokemon was not really a threat to lando ey? :) Earthquake is one of the 2 ground moves i have on this team which is amazing on lando, Stone edge to deal with bug, flying rock and fire types. However its really weak to ice so threats to this is ofc mega medicham, weavile and magearna with ice beam especially. Ouu forgot greninja or ash-greninja is a big threat to this thing too. So its extremely vulnerable but can inflict so much damange, So it could be really risky using it, or it could be a big time gamble win in las vegas nevada sweeper, resulting in jackpot :).

Now i was thinking do i need a mega here? I Looked at the coverage and asked myself, do i need a mega for this team? Gyarados turned out to be perfect since it`s also flying before evolving and then dealing with all the other types where i had coverage but was lacking just a little bit.

1513453245730.png

(Loch Ness) Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Crunch

This thing has been like a lifesaver for me! Waterfall is excellent stab that deals with almost any pokemon that i go up against except electric types and grass types but i mean overall it also hits magearna pretty good. Dragon dance is excellent just to get this free switch in turn and speed boost together with atk boost. Earthquake deals with electric types rock types steel types and also mons with low hp pool such as greninja that gets one shot after a ddance. Crunch is also nice stab great ghost and psychic coverage and can crunch its way through many pokemons. I Mean this was the perfect option for me i felt like.

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Fiery Dance

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Glare
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Defog
- Scald
- Taunt

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

The team in general has a mission each one of them and all of these missions i believe it covers. If i have missed something please let me know in the comments below and tell me! Here`s the showdown copy if you want to try it out!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! I Hope you enjoy this team and i wish you all a happy new year and continued amazing hollidays! :D

//Lenthi

images (1).jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
The team itself isn't bad but your Pokemon aren't running optimal sets. You don't have a Z move on your team and life orb isn't the best item for Volcarona. I'd change the Volcarona to a sub swarm set. Next change Serperior to sub leech seed. That'll help Serperior beat ton of it's common counter, like Heatran or Celesteela. It'll help Volcarona and Gyarados setup since you could seed Celesteela switch into them to take advantage of the recovery. Change Gyarados nature to jolly. Gyarados only hits 391 speed after 1 dragon dance. There are far to many important threats, Tapu Koko, Ash Greninja, and mega Lopunny to name a few, all still outspeed you.

Volcarona @ Buginium Z
Ability: Swarm
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Quiver Dance
- Substitute

Serperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power Fire
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)