OU - What's Their Last? - Round 6 (Submission Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excadrill, on the account that the team needs an Electric immunity and Moldy Toxic relieves a little pressure from MSableye, plus it's a bit of speed control that the team would lack otherwise. It's also a better Lele check than the other two submissions.

grats to michaeloche for winning this week! the correct mon was actually jirachi bop

s/o to paoisd for the team <33
A (Latios) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Defog

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Flamethrower

Slug (Gastrodon-East) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Toxic

same rules apply, you've got a week to nom ~

Last edited:
Reactions: zbr

Landorus-T @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Swords Dance
- Smack Down

Originally I felt that it would be a Mega, but this team doesn't have anything at all to defend itself from stall and the only Mega that can do something against stall is Mega Mawile, however, it doesn't really seem to be a good fit since it just brings another nasty Ground and Heatran weakness. There's a free Z-Move slot so Z-Fly Lando-T seemed to be a viable stallbreaker for this team. Ash-Gren really appreciates having another way of pressuring / luring Grasses since it isn't running Spikes and locking itself into Ice Beam is super unfavorable since it lets literally anything with a degree of bulk come in. Lando itself thrives off Healing Wish, and again, an offensive partner that suits it's needs in pressuring it's checks.

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

The team has issues with breaking bulky waters and grasses and, aside from Celesteela and Latias, is completely steamrolled by Scarf Kartana. Volcarona checks Kartana pretty much regardless of the set, eats grasses like Tangrowth for breakfast, and can set up and/or heal on several bulky waters. It's also not walled by Heatran thanks to HP Ground, and while Dugtrio is a bit annoying, you can't be revenged by non-Sash variants at +1 and you have other things on the team that can make it think twice about coming in. It should go without saying that you should keep Latias alive long enough to get rid of rocks and such.

Last edited:
grats Ramses for winning this round ! the correct mon was actually mega-ttar so no 1 gets it rip

s/o to Dallasboi1992 for the team <33
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Power Gem
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Calm Mind

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Megahorn

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Spikes

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Trick

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Fire Punch
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

got 5 days this time over 7, same rules apply

Magnezone @ Electrium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Steel-types are the bane of this team. Bulu and Latios are really restricted in terms of what moves they can click while the opponent has a solidly-built Steel-type in the back, and Mega Diancie is pressured to click Hidden Power Fire if the opponent has Mega Scizor, or not stay in at all if they have Celesteela or Magearna. Ferrothorn comes in Gren, Bulu, and Latios and nothing wants to come in on it. Celesteela's Leech Seed is endlessly irritating, since it forces out anything that might want to absorb it.

Magnezone eliminates Steel-types (shut up Excadrill, fuck off Heatran). This set in particular is the one that's actually capable of reliably beating the most Steel-types (also the team's Z-slot was conspicuously unfilled), and ends up behind a Substitute afterwards. Once the opposing team is cleared of Steel-types, this team has a lot of threatening STABs it can click more freely -- Mega Diancie's Moonblast and Power Gem, Tapu Bulu's Wood Hammer, Latios's Draco Meteor.

Magnezone is also helpful as a soft check to Psychic-types, fat Water-types (specifically coming in on Toxapex and subbing up), Tapu Koko (if Alolawak is gone, it has a bit of a field day), and birds (taking a little pressure off Mega Diancie).

Last edited:

Magearna @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Great team with MDiancie. I like this game and i hope spend to more here. Well, in my case i added as the last Magearna pokemon. Seeing things like scarf Latios and Spikes Ninja. This set gearna is perfect to press contrary. Fightium z with Focus Blast for Tran / Ttar and steels (Zone & Ferro) it is common mon that makes everything more solid . Tbolt for Toxapex and Ice Beam aka king Ou Landorus .This team needed something for lele above all. The ground spam is well covered by Bulu and his Ability.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

A steel type is necessary to this team and, in my case, I chose Celesteela bc I think this team has no defensive pressence which will mag be a problem. Celesteela checks LeleZam, MDiancie which is great for the team. Also another pokemon it checks is MScizor which I think it's a major problemas in this team, like ferrothorn.

Magearna @ Electrium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
IVs: 0 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Fleur Cannon / Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Trick Room Magearna offers you a check for Tapu Lele and a way to support Alolan Marowak with Trick Room. Gigavolt Havoc is a very nice option against this team which can surprise Celesteela and Toxapex who switch in recklessly. Focus Blast allows you to have a way to hit Heatran and Ferrothorn for a Diancie sweep while Fleur Cannon is a an option to nuke a neutral target while Flash Cannon is an option for STAB that doesn't lower your stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)