Tournament OUPL III FINALS (Won by the Kawaii Kratosmanas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

njnp

We don't play this game to lose.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Congrats to the Kawaii Kratosmanas! Was a wild and great season you guys certainly earned your win in this edition of oupl! FLCL and KratosMana thank you for being such great managers and hope you guys come back next year!

MattyBrollic and obii thank you guys as well for being very appropriate during this tourney! Letting your players express themselves in creativity certainly made this entertaining for an observer like me. Hopefully you guys as well comeback to try again to lead your team to victory.

GJ TDK for clutching it for your team and reminding everyone why you are the houtl!

TDK Pearl Alexender rozes Tony Chill Shadow Christo R!cardo Aurious ez

ENJOY YOUR PIXELS!

Ricardo

Banned deucer.
What a ride.

Didn't expect to play another team tour and here we are.

Just wanted to do a quick shoutout lmao it's oupl who cares about shoutouts to everyone in my team, it was enjoyable as fuck and you guys made give team tours another try.

Sorry for fucking up in the last two weeks :[

Didn't expect to be here when i got sniped out of matty's team in the auction LOL.

Also shoutouts to Matty Brollic and everyone in the seakings letting me hang out with them and being the top seed at the end of the season and cutting finals so close with memes and "bad" mons, definitely caught me and a lot of people off guard. Really impressive feat and i wish more people innovated like you did.

Love everyone in our discord bros.

I want to give another written shout out to everyone that made the dream of the BB Seakings possible: IronFlashGaming GypsyKing teal6 Toptierboy Navy Blackoblivion Subject 18 Ice Tea DeeJ ADF Test Star Eden's Embrace Stallion LuckOverSkill obii Sam PokeTCG gamer1288 soulgazer AND HT I cant find your name on the forums lol

- It is to my knowledge that many users were against njnp 's decision of making me a manager for OUPL. I completely understand that. Prior to this experience, I was pretty anti-Smogon. The little time I spent around the community I used to troll and meme in response to the overly tryhard and elitist mentalities of a lot of the players on this site. Whilst I still harbor a strong dislike for over the top tryhardery and Smogon elitism, I can happily say that the experience of managing the BB Seakings has restored my faith in the Smogon community.
- It was an absolute privilege to manage this team. Every single person on the Seakings is incredibly chill and talented. Everyone got an opportunity to play and display their skill, and even though some got to play much more than others, many of the Seakings proved their worth in testing, building, morale keeping, etc.
- Now, while I realize OUPL is a nonofficial tour, and that many don't take it AS seriously as other team tours like SPL or WCoP, it doesn't take away from the fact that OUPL was loaded with solid players, and that the BB Seakings were initially laughed at as the worst draft with the worst manager. Not only did we finish in 1st during the regular season, but we used CREAM TEAMS every single week, and won almost all of the games we played with them.
- Although I didn't actually get the chance to play any games, this OUPL gave me the opportunity to express my vision of how Pokemon should be played, and that, more specifically, is in a positive, fun, and encouraging environment while simultaneously displaying effective creativity that surprises opponents and spectators alike. The BB Seakings damn well proved that playing competitive Pokemon CAN be fun if you really put your mind to it. When Torkoal, Solar Power Zard, Shiftry, and Mega Houndoom teams all blew away good players with tryhard teams in the finals, you now know that anything is possible in Pokemon.

Once again, I want to thank everyone that made the dream of the BB Seakings possible; I am truly grateful. I hope that everyone reading this can take something positive away from the message I'm trying to send to the community. Try to have more fun, try to think far outside the box, support one another, lift others up when they're down. This is just a game; it's not that important. Experiences are important, and if you try to make them more enjoyable for others, it can go a really long way.

gg Pearl and congratulations Kratosmanas!

Thanks Matty for picking me up, this is going to be my last tournament for a while, as I'm taking a break from the game, but this tour was very enjoyable, and I feel like I re-learned something I had long forgotten ever since my last year long break.

See you all in some months.

this was pretty fun---i'm glad i got to assman for master toxic scizor user p2! the draft especially was an interesting experience. i'm pretty sure p2 threatened to kill me multiple times during the hikers draft call.

thanks to all of the hikers for being cool people! 10/10 would draft again (except for finch)

also reminder that kratosmanas spent 41k for a guy to bring donphan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)