Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

So League is introducing a seperate MMR and queue for each role in competitive which I think would be a pretty good idea for Overwatch. What if you had to pick a role (DPS, Tank, Healer) before queueing and were found a match based on that?

I think right away DPS mains will notice longer queue times, but it will also ensure they get matched with tank mains and healer mains of similar SR which I think would be well worth it. Instaqueues for tanks and healers would also be a fair incentive for them imo.

This might discourage off-meta non 2-2-2 comps, but I think it should be fine so long as you're allowed to switch comp up once your match is found -- something to discuss with the team, probably. I think mechanically the game modes and heroes are balanced super hard around 222 though and the Serious Game Mode should encourage good matches.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think that route is a silly way to queue given that you're allowed to switch heroes mid-game in OW. Yes, sometimes you're stuck with no-healers or a Mercy main, but that's just how the grind honestly is. It's the same reason why there isn't a draft or ban system in OW, the cast is too small, the roles are flexible, and even if queue as a support that doesn't mean you're actually doing anything.

Haven't tested new Sym because I left the game, also console peasant, but I might return with this new group thing, it sounds amazing and is exactly the kind of thing that the game needs- competitive was too much cancer with people not doing anything team-oriented but every other mode felt kinda meaningless. Hopefully this represents a turn for the better in that regard

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Overwatch headlining the October Humble Monthly.

Finally a price actually worth buying OW for. :mehowth:

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I haven’t done my placements yet because my PC keeps crashing after one or two games, and I’ve tried everything but no dice. It’s weird though, I can run any other game for hours.

Not like I’m missing anything, though; rather not play and play against GOATs every game.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I really do not like Torb without armor packs. The self-buff is cool and all, and the ult is usable, but half the point of Torb was the support aspect. Now he's just a bad dps with a turret. Being able to toss in a turret and dive with the rest of the team is ok, but ya I would just rather have the armor.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I'm liking the current meta. Baptiste is interesting. A really good Baptiste feels a bit overwhelming sometimes in the same way that early Brigitte did, but I think it's still just mostly getting used to it and actually making sure your team focus fires his immortality drone when they should. I don't foresee him becoming a problem in the same way as Brigitte.

Anyway, the more I play with Ana the more I like her, especially on teams with McCree that have my back to keep Sombra/Tracer/etc from harassing me too much. Been maining her for about 6 months now and am constantly feeling myself get better with her. I just really enjoy her ability to seamlessly scrap and heal without having to switch up what I'm doing control wise. Have mad respect for really good Baptiste/Zen/Moira mains that can keep track of everything.

As for dps, I've been having a blast with Ashe. Basically a nice meld of McCree and Widowmaker with a fucking boop to top it off. The only thing that really sucks is she has a real tough time vs the enemy Widow and just by virtue of not having the one-shot will lose most peek battles vs her.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)