Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Introduction
Hi. You may or may not know me but that's irrelevant. I built this team because I haven't built much in SuMo that I found enjoyable so I just tried to use some stuff and hey it works. I used Alola Persian because Parting Shot is a good move and if you disagree your opinion is wrong. Then I added Gatr because why not. Then I also added Nidoqueen because I wanted to use it and it was an electric pivot. Next I added Doublade and Chesnaught. I decided to go with a spikes stacking team since hazard control in RU sucks worse than the the Tiger's trophy being taken away. Then I added Ttrum since I didn't have a Choice Scarf user and my head is still stuck in ORAS. Oh and because Boomburst is a fair and balanced move.

The Team

Persian-Alola @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Parting Shot
- Hypnosis
- Foul Play
- Taunt

If you haven't used this mon already then get on the ladder on use it. The spread and stuff isn't too hard to figure out. Max speed let's it outspeed stuff such as Durant, Froslass, and not Salazzle. The speed lets it serve as a great lead in most match ups, especially when you need to pray and bullshit your way to victory with Hypnosis. But if you are a satanist and don't like praying to god you can just use Toxic to cripple Quagsire and something like that. Darkium Z is a really nice tool for Persian because it can effectively use it two different ways. The first is for a raw power boost to Foul Play which can be nice if you are behind and really need to pick up a kill but the secondary option is Z Parting Shot which also acts as a Healing Wish. In case you fucked up earlier on in the match or just took too much chip damage setting up you can just fix that problem you had. tl;dr Hypnosis or no balls.

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Gatr is undoubtedly one of the strongest set up sweepers in the tier. With Sheer Force backing up its already strong base attack it'll have no problem providing some wallbreaking capabilities. But where it really shines is after a DD or two when it outspeeds everything and breaks most things in one hit. Thanks to Alola Persian's supportive capabilities and huge focus on hazards Feraligatr will have absolutely no problem creating scenarios where it can just sweep through the opponents team. I can't really say much besides get your hazards up and create scenarios where Gatr can get a free DD.

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Wave

Overall just really solid mon that almost every team will want. Stealth Rocks helps to get chip damage in and break sashes / sturdies for Gatr while the rest of Nidoqueen's movepool is just for coverage and wallbreaking. Ice Beam of course nukes Gligar which makes it hard for Gligar to defog the hazards away. Earth Power and Sludge Wave for STAB. Although Queen will struggle to accomplish much in matchups where Bronzong is present and should be sure to not let Bronzong get away with rocks. Although Rocks doesn't ruin any of my mons to the point they are a liability but the chip damage is still annoying to have to account for. Oh and you can lure out Durant and Choice Scarf Psychic types into using the wrong move when Alolan Persian is still alive.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

It's Doublade. What else do I have to say. Threaten Linoone and Fairies. SD helps to get chip damage out there and once again, having Alola Persian really helps when checking some of the late game threats while still being able to use them early on in the match. Just make sure to keep Eviloite intact throughout the match with Chesnaught and Alolan Persian and you should be solid.

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Leech Seed
- Wood Hammer

Chesnaught is the most valuable body bag on the team. You just send him out there and clicks Spikes till Chesnaught decides that life ain't living for or Taunt Gligar with the speed creep. Because hazard removal needed to be more difficult than it already is. Chesnaught doesn't really need to do much besides come in on the occasional Flygon or Tyrantrum but click Spikes because if you play well enough and can keep them on the field, sacrifice Chesnaught won't be such a huge deal.

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

The team really needed a Choice Scarfer and because Tyrantrum is more addicting than my monthly LSD trips, I decided it would be a good fit. It helps to smash all the annoying fast mons of the tier like Swellow and Salazzle and wallbreak with its raw power. If Doublade + Spikes weakens the team enough Tyrantrum may be able to sweep a team with ease. It also helps that the biggest liability on the opponents team being Bronzong likes to switch into Tyrantrum often so you can use that as an oppurtunity to set up Spikes and sweep with Gatr.

Conclusion
I have nothing, here is a shitty fan picture of my team.

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I made a really similar team so Im capable to giving some pointers for optimization (replacing Pokemon is certainly out of the question cause I would just end up making the same team I did)

Since Doublade is your Steel type you should definitely run Timid Nidoqueen over Modest since you have Nidoqueen too many openings to switch so forcing the speed tie and outspeeding Modest ones can certainly be worth it. Gotta have something else besides offensive pressure and considering Toxic Nidoqueen is becoming pretty popular.

Toxic
over Sludge Wave on Nidoqueen works better for the current metagame to punish many of its switch-ins and I believe punishing opposing Umbreons and p2s will certainly be appreciated for your sweepers.

Last, this is gonna be a bold change but I believe the tradeoff is fine consider the opposing weakness to opposing Roserade and Meloetta is too much to ignore. For the sake of variety I believe SD Bruxish > Feraligatr can work here. Similar firepower to Gatr and Jolly let you have something to eliminate non scarf roserade and Meloetta without resorting to Tyrantrum, which can be very unreliable at times, especially if it is your only form to effectively get rid of those. And by having Taunt Leech Seed Chesnaught and Alolan Persian, it let you punish opposing Doublade more easily so Bruxish has an easier time setting up SD, and it appreciate Nidoqueen nailing Umbreons with Toxic, and keep pressuring Umbreon with Taunt Persian and Chesnaught. Definitely worth a try.

Bruxish @ Life Orb
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs

Still no Nidoqueen switch-ins but not every team can have that luxury, what can you do. Hopefully this works for the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)