Pelipper

Status
Not open for further replies.
without permanent rain... raindish isnt that good.
I'd still take it over Keen Eye any day. I've been planning an OU Rain Team for a while now, and tested Pelipper out on it.

It worked much better than I thought it would. A defensive set with Stockpile, Roost, Scald and Hurricane works quite well in the rain when coupled with Rain Dish as a wall. Plus, when people see Pelipper, they don't know what to expect.

I'd still take it over Keen Eye any day. I've been planning an OU Rain Team for a while now, and tested Pelipper out on it.

It worked much better than I thought it would. A defensive set with Stockpile, Roost, Scald and Hurricane works quite well in the rain when coupled with Rain Dish as a wall. Plus, when people see Pelipper, they don't know what to expect.
I agree, Pelipper works for some reason. He can roost to remove his rock weakness, with a ground wall to take the electric/rock attacks, he works really well. Resist fighting, Water, steel, and bug work in his favor. The set asassinfred used is great, though i sometimes run Toxic over Hurricane if i need a toxic spreader.

Pelipper is one of those pokemon who sadly lost some base stats (it's speed to be specific) when it evolved. A 85 base speed would make him more usable in my opinion.

Frankly, he pairs better with Ferrothorn than Jellicent does, since it's immune to ground and has natural Flying STAB to handle fighting-types that would otherwise be able to set up all over ferrothorn and beat jellicent with their Dark-type coverage move, and has the advantage of being a bulky water that isn't crippled by Toxic Spikes.

Here's a set to test out:

Pelipper @ Leftovers
240 HP/216 Def/52 Spe
Bold / Rain Dish

Scald
Hurricane
Knock Off/Protect
Roost

Dual STAB is important, but it can easily function as a status platform with chances of spreading burn, poison, and confusion. Rain team only, obviously, but it also has the advantage of being able to defeat all forms of toxicroak, who would otherwise give some rain stall team members trouble. Pure defenses might be better, but its minor speed investment makes it faster than a few things like low-speed Skarmory which might be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)