ORAS OU Please rate this team!

Feel free to bash on this team as much as you'd like, I don't mind. I'm still very much a beginner and I would appreciate the feedback!

Serperior
Item: Life orb
Ability: Contrary
252 SpA, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
Timid nature
Leaf storm
Synthesis
Glare
Dragon pulse
Something for offensive presence on this team. Serperior can leaf storm away to get up boosts, and D pulse is for coverage. Glare paralyzes faster threats if and synthesis is just to recover back health lost by life orb.

Espeon
Item: Light clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
252 Hp, 4 SpA, 252 Spe
Timid nature
Light screen
Reflect
Baton pass
Psyshock
Espeon's main job is to set up screens and then get the heck outta there. Psyshock makes sure it's not taunt bait and Baton pass is a nice way to bypass pursuit t-tar. Magic bounce is nice so that hazards are kept in check.

Alomomola
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
252 Hp, 252 Def, 4 SpD
Bold nature
Wish
Protect
Toxic
Scald
One of 2 physical walls on this team. Alomomola eats physical attacks for breakfast and can use scald for potential burn or toxic the opponent. Wish is used to heal itself and keep teammates that can't heal themselves healthy and protect is for scouting.

Heatran
Item: Chople Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
252 Hp, 4 SpA, 252 SpD
Calm nature
Will-O-Wisp
Taunt
Roar
Lava plume
A special wall that keeps fairy types and the ever so present ferrothorn and skarmory at bay. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical threats, while taunt keeps a pokemon like chansey from spamming things like soft-boiled and T-wave. Roar is to deal with opponents that set up, and Lava plume is for damage. I used chople berry because I can deal with Heatran's 4x weakness to ground by switching into Lando.

Sylveon
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
252 Hp, 252 Def, 4 SpD
Bold nature
Wish
Protect
Heal bell
Hyper voice
My cleric. Heal bell prevents walls from just spamming toxic, will-o and t-wave. Wishprotect keeps sylveon and teammates healthy, and pixilate hyper voice is amazing for keeping dragons in check.

Landorus-Therian
Item: Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
248 Hp, 244 Def, 8 SpD, 8 Spe
Impish nature
Stealth rock
Earthquake
U-turn
Knock off
My second physical wall. Stealth rock for some chip damage every time something switches in, and earthquake for some nice damage off of that base 145 attack stat. U-turn is to keep momentum moving, and knock off cripples walls like chansey.

Last edited:
Hello, welcome to Smogon!

It looks like you have a building preconception on defensive cores, but this is not always effective. I'd like to go over the building process with you, so I'll help you create a new team from Serperior.

Serperior @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Glare

Serperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

This team is nice and round, but lacks any real firepower besides Serperior. I would highly consider replacing Alomamola with something offensive and physical - Excadrill, M-Sizor, or M-Charizard X would work very well - All in all this team is too defensive for my style of play, but I think you could really crack some skulls open if you're decent at predicting.

Sabelineite- So it's better if I run a sub seed set of serperior rather than a life orb set? And wouldn't D-pulse be better than hidden power fire?
SteamWhich- Okay, but Alomomola is one of my biggest wish passers to keep the team healthy.

Sabelineite- So it's better if I run a sub seed set of serperior rather than a life orb set? And wouldn't D-pulse be better than hidden power fire?
SteamWhich- Okay, but Alomomola is one of my biggest wish passers to keep the team healthy.
Either serp set is effective, but hp fire is manditory due to steel types. Dragon coverage only really hits the eon twins so it is unessacary, especially when you can drain those into range with leech seed.

The 2nd part of my post has to deal with its passivity. I really don't like how you have alomola and espeon, as they don't have the ability to deal respectable damage. However, if you change this, you'll have to make other changes.

Message me and I'll help you rebuild with a focus on endgame serperior.

Sablenite- So Espeon can be revamped to be more offensive? I generally use it to check spore users and to set up screens. Alomomola is a giant wish passer for my team and keeps everyone alive and well, so I really want to keep it on my team, it's pulled me through so much, even toxic stalling a mega d-dance charizard and mega sharpedoes.

Sablenite- So Espeon can be revamped to be more offensive? I generally use it to check spore users and to set up screens. Alomomola is a giant wish passer for my team and keeps everyone alive and well, so I really want to keep it on my team, it's pulled me through so much, even toxic stalling a mega d-dance charizard and mega sharpedoes.
I'll give you a simple core just to show you how this idea works. Start with serperior, since it cannot break heatran, talonflame, or tornadous, it feels like running a Diancie would make sense. Because the weakness to heatran and weavile, you would add a keldeo as well, which also beats scizor for diancie.

You design a team to support a specific endgame. the 3 mon core above is useful to break things so serperior ends the majority of your games.

Your team lacks this support so your games are just type reactive situations, which isn't quite effective. Your goal, when building, should be making sure you can beat the majority of common threats, while you keep the build focused to support one or two set-up win conditions.

Sablenite- I've tried out sets with diance and keldeo, and they do cover a lot of serp's weaknesses, but I'm also having issues countering mons like azumarill and other grass types because serp's quite frail. Also I realized that i can only switch diance into resisted hits because it gets demolished if I don't.

I made some edits, ended up finishing with this:

Serperior (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Keldeo @ Mystic Water
Ability: Justified
Serious Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Defog

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Sabelinete- Nice, this team really helps serperior late game! I had issues with Alakazam and gengar, so is it okay to switch rotom into a specially defensive variant?

Sabelinete- Nice, this team really helps serperior late game! I had issues with Alakazam and gengar, so is it okay to switch rotom into a specially defensive variant?
If anything, make it weavile. Its ORAS, you're going to be weak to something.
In this case it will make azumarill harder to handle again.

Sablenite- Ah, okay. Also, is specs latios better or life orb, just curious.
You want to be able to click roost to beat opposing keldeo, unless specs icy wind catches you on the switch, but then switching to something else is easier, also, the keldeo nature should be changed to timid, I screwed up the original importable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)