Mudsdale @ Choice Band
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Body Slam
- Protect
- Rock Slide

Mudsdale and Cloyster work together by using Cloyster's "Skill Link" ability. With the ability Cloyster hits all of the Rock Blasts on Mudsdale raising it's defense. This makes him more of a tank than he already is and setting up a potential sweep.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Aqua Ring

Cloyster supports Mudsdale mostly but he can finish off opponents if it comes to it. He's mostly on the team to add coverage and can be replaced with other skill link pokemon if you see fit. Basically he plays a support role on the team but isn't the most reliable to do much else.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Brick Break
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Charizard adds power to the team and is also a potential sweeper because of his ability that raises damage on physical moves. His mega evolution provides less coverage but it is worth it to me because of what he can do for the team as a whole.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Hydro Pump

Rotom-Wash has a good movepool in my eyes and his SpA isn't something to overlook. He also provides coverage with STAB and non-STAB moves. The levitate gives him an immunity to ground making him even more valuable.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Air Cutter
- Heat Wave
- Ancient Power

Zapdos like everyone provides coverage with STAB and non-STAB moves. His SpA is anything but modest plus 252 EVs. He's a possible sweeper but most of the time he'll take 1 or 2 mons down and get KOed for the battle.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Modest Nature
- Clear Smog
- Toxic
- Sludge Bomb
- Energy Ball

Amoongus is not a tank but he can get health back in a flash. Black Sludge and Regenerator are constantly giving health back. Toxic is to slowly chip away health and wither away opponents. Clear smog is to get rid of stat changes and could break and opponent's sweep.

Importable:

Mudsdale @ Choice Band
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Body Slam
- Protect
- Rock Slide

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Aqua Ring

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Brick Break
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Hydro Pump

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Air Cutter
- Heat Wave
- Ancient Power

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Clear Smog
- Toxic
- Sludge Bomb
- Energy Ball

Last edited:

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Hi DopePkmnMaster, unfortunately this isn't the right section to be posting teams! The Rate My Team section allows for users to get feedback on teams that they have created and would like advice on (though you should check out their rules before you post).

However, before you repost there, I figured we could give you some advice on your team first. I'm sorry to say it doesn't look very competitive or viable—unfortunately, the core idea of Mudsdale + Cloyster, while a nice idea, isn't very useful, since although Mudsdale would end up at +5 or +6 Defense, its inferior Special Defense stat is still wide open to taking hits from a variety of Water-, Ice-, and Grass-type attacks that litter the tier. Therefore, the team's foundation isn't super solid to begin with. It's also useful to have Protect, but I think you put it on the wrong Pokemon—Choice Band Protect isn't the most useful move to be locked into, and most of your other 5 Pokemon could probably find more use out of Protect.

A couple of your other sets could also use tweaking or reworks, or might even be thrown out; for example, Charizard is almost always better in its Y Mega form, while Zapdos usually runs a bulky Tailwind set and Amoonguss is used for Spore + Rage Powder support. It looks like you're new to this tier, so perhaps it's a good idea to get familiarized with the main differences between Singles and Doubles first. You can also take a look at our Viability Rankings thread to see some Pokemon which are better in the Doubles as well as our Team Bazaar thread to get an idea of what more solid teams look like.

Glad to see your interest in this tier, and hope you stay around for the ride—good luck with your team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)