Pokébilities

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Iron fist + sheer force + guts conk says hi. With a burn it has a 75ish bp mach punch...and its ice punch gets another 1.3x boost...

Trust me, this meta will be HO everywhere. Excadrill and landorus sand spam will destroy this meta. Intimidate moxie DD gyara will wreck face as well. Also not much is living attacks from download+adaptability+analytic porygon-z

Iron fist + sheer force + guts conk says hi. With a burn it has a 75ish bp mach punch...and its ice punch gets another 1.3x boost...

Trust me, this meta will be HO everywhere. Excadrill and landorus sand spam will destroy this meta. Intimidate moxie DD gyara will wreck face as well. Also not much is living attacks from download+adaptability+analytic porygon-z
Lots of HO pokemon(namely cinccino for breaking sash) don't have to because of speed.(not that PZ should be used against offense in the first place)

add sand force to that excadrill sand force earthquake in the sand and he's fast thanks to sand rush and not even levitate can save you now since mold breaker

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Can we all take a minute to appreciate Hawlucha:

Limber+Unburden+Mold Breaker

This means that:
  • It can't have its sweep ruined by paralysis
  • It can hit through abilities like Flash Fire, Volt Absorb and Lightningrod if it mispredicts with any of the elemental punches
  • It can ignore Unaware
  • It gets +2 speed when its Sitrus Berry or Power Herb is consumed or knocked off
  • It can act as a fast supporter with Taunt and Encore (although it's a pity that Mold Breaker doesn't fully ignore Oblivious as they are effected by Mold Breaker Taunt and then immediately get healed), access to Flying Press to get mono-attacking dual coverage, access to U-Turn for momentum and, if it wants to forgo Flying Press, access to Tailwind to speed up its team. it also gets Feather Dance and Attract but they are bad

So I was going to write a detailed post about various Pokémon but it got lost so I'm doing it less detailed, just listing interesting ability combos
Thick Fat+Huge Power+Sap Sipper
Effect Spore+Poison Heal+Technician
Cute Charm+Magic Guard+Unaware
Guts+Sheer Force+Iron Fist
Sand Rush+Sand Force+Mold Breaker
Intimidate+Moxie
Swarm+Guts+Moxie
Sand Force+Sheer Force
Sturdy+Magnet Pull+Analytic
Overcoat+Big Pecks+Weak Armor (how do Weak Armor and Big Pecks interact?)
Prankster+Defiant
Shell Armor+Hyper Cutter+Adaptability
Limber+Unburden+Mold Breaker
Pressure+Flash Fire
Sand Force+Sand Stream
Download+Adaptability+Analytic
Pressure+Volt Absorb
Natural Cure+Analytic(+Illuminate lel)
Pressure+Water Absorb
Speed Boost+Tinted Lens+Frisk
Levitate+Heatproof+Heavy Metal
Cute Charm+Technician+Skill Link
Blaze+Reckless
Iron Fist+Mold Breaker+Scrappy
Water Absorb+Damp+Unaware
Overcoat+Magic Guard+Regenerator
Strong Jaw+Rock Head
Magic Guard+Tinted Lens+Wonder Skin
Sturdy+Solid Rock+Swift Swim(idk, sounds cool)
Intimidate+Sand Rush+Scrappy
Contrary+Suction Cups+Infiltrator(can't be phazed o_o)

And those who now sucks
Hustle+Swarm+Truant
Sheer Force+Zen Mode
Iron Fist+Klutz+No Guard
Immunity+Toxic Boost
Sturdy+Keen Eye+Weak Armor
Color Change+Protean(well, idk if it actually sucks, but it sound pretty weird)

Why would Iron Fist + Klutz + No Guard suck? I'm all for 100% accuracy Dynamic Punches boosted by Iron Fist. Screw the lack of item.

Oh, and Color Change + Protean is gonna result in fun mind games XD

Sorry for double-posting, but Scrafty's gonna be awesome. Intimidate + Moxie is a solid combo on whoever gets it anyway, and he basically has an immunity to status so he just kinda screams sweeper to me.

Scrafty has a nice combination of abilities to be sure, but the low speed and passable bulk means he has to jump a lot of hurdles to really get rolling. Bulk up is just too tough with all the special attacking fairies around, never mind everything that has focusblast. Dragondance might have easier setup thanks to intimidate, but you'll need two boosts to really get going and shed skin may not activate as quickly as you'd like. Still, Moxie makes this most likely the strongest set, as once you have the speed you need only secure one KO.... easier said than done. If Moxie was that simple, Salamence would be amazing already, but generally once you start boosting, the next pokemon to come in won't be killable. If they are, it means the whole team can't handle the moxie user anymore, so the Moxie is superfluous there anyhow. So Moxie really just disincentives sacrificing pokemon for free switch ins. In addition, unaware clefable has become a staple physical check on teams.

That all said, I really do want Scrafty to be as cool as he sounds he should be. He's totes in mah top 5.

Last edited:
Why would Iron Fist + Klutz + No Guard suck? I'm all for 100% accuracy Dynamic Punches boosted by Iron Fist. Screw the lack of item.
Just give yourself a detrimental item, prefferably Sticky Barb and bam. Thunder Punch them and give them free recoil. If they're a special attacker, even better.

Any ideas about how to counter/check sand or sun? Because i don't think that altaria will survive more than a turn :P
Iynhe

So I was going to write a detailed post about various Pokémon but it got lost so I'm doing it less detailed, just listing interesting ability combos

And those who now sucks
Immunity+Toxic Boost
Tell me if I'm wrong, but (in this meta) hasn't immunity been recoded to prevent poison DAMAGE, not the status? Just for this very case?

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really like this Pet Mod! It's a great idea to combine all abilities. I know it's been denied a few times already when there weren't Pet Mods, and have lurked a while in this thread. I'd love it if this gets coded and might help with it if someone wants to do it too. It's just a lot of work for one person and I don't really have enough time to do it alone.

Most things have already been said. I know Conkeldurr and Clefable have been said already, so I won't cover them. Azumarill is great too, but I imagine it has been discussed already as well. (Like really, it counters MegaZards and has Grass immunity, which causes it to be even better)

Something that has probably not been discussed widely, but still benefits enormously is Venomoth! Yeah, it'll probably still not be very good, but it should get a buff at least.
Venomoth gets Shield Dust, Tinted Lens and Wonder Skin. All of these abilities are great and can benefit it massively! Using Status is now really risky against it, which is great for QuiverPassing sets as it can't get Taunted or Paralyzed without a risk. In addition to this you could status it either with secondary effects due to Wonder Skin. It helps also with Moonblasts, as you can now switch into them without being afraid of the SpA drop, which is annoying if you want to pass. Tinted Lens is great for more offensive sets. Bug/Poison will be pretty decent coverage on its own already, and while it isn't too strong, not too many things resist it (Basically Steel types + other Bug resisting typing). Overall it will still not be a high level threat, but it'll certainly be buffed and be more viable!

... couldn't the code basically just say something like "if Pokemon has X Ability as legal, apply (effects amounting to the Ability), if it has Y Ability as legal, also apply (etc)"? Metagamiate was basically providing a universal form of -ate Abilities that was layered over actual Abilities, so it's not necessarily necessary to say that you need combo Abilities to account for all the myriad possibilities. You could just code in effects for each Ability that is found on Pokemon with more than one Ability and simply reference the pool of legal Abilities to determine what effects would apply to a given Pokemon. So: "If a Pokemon can have Sand Rush, double its Speed in Sand" type of stuff. (Presumably disabling actual Abilities so you don't end up with quadruple-Speed Sand Rushers or nutty stuff like that)

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
... couldn't the code basically just say something like "if Pokemon has X Ability as legal, apply (effects amounting to the Ability), if it has Y Ability as legal, also apply (etc)"? Metagamiate was basically providing a universal form of -ate Abilities that was layered over actual Abilities, so it's not necessarily necessary to say that you need combo Abilities to account for all the myriad possibilities. You could just code in effects for each Ability that is found on Pokemon with more than one Ability and simply reference the pool of legal Abilities to determine what effects would apply to a given Pokemon. So: "If a Pokemon can have Sand Rush, double its Speed in Sand" type of stuff. (Presumably disabling actual Abilities so you don't end up with quadruple-Speed Sand Rushers or nutty stuff like that)
Apparently that's not possible and you have to code everything yourself.

Apparently that's not possible and you have to code everything yourself.
Actually, I just found something on page seven no one seems to have followed up on.

Sorry to eclipse all your hard work here, ladies and gents; but... I seem to have done what you wanted all along, by allowing Pokémon to have multiple abilities at once.

Here you are.

(NOTE: As it is right now, it skips unreleased abilities; a simple search for unreleasedhidden should clue you in on what line to delete if you so desire.)
Dunno if it actually works though, but apparently nobody has hosted this, tested it, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)