Pokémon GO

The only thing I can tell out of this is that Rest in Peace, storage box. Those witch Pikachu will eat the remaining space. I thought I had fired some of my low end Pokémon and made enough space for evolve fodders....

Also, double candy seems obvious already. I don't know who to choose buddy with... sticking with Scizor?

Trailer for Halloween Pokemon

Event details:

Gastly, Drowzee, Cubone, and other spooky Pokémon are back again this Halloween, and this time, they’re bringing some special friends! Sableye, Banette, and a few other Ghost-type Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region will be making their first-ever appearance in Pokémon GO. The rest of the Pokémon first seen in the Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire video games will gradually arrive starting as early as December! We hope Trainers enjoy this special Halloween treat. The Halloween celebration will start on October 20 at 12:00 P.M. PDT and run until November 2 at 1:00 P.M. PDT.

A special Pikachu will be out celebrating Halloween in an all-new costume, and you can, too! Dress up your avatar for the occasion by wearing Mimikyu’s Disguise Hat. You’ll also earn extra Candy while you’re out trick-or-treating with your Buddy Pokémon: Candy rewards from catching, hatching, and transferring Pokémon will be doubled, and your buddy will find Candy twice as fast during the Halloween celebration! Last but not least, you’ll have the opportunity to stock up for your upcoming adventures with special boxes from the in-game shop, featuring items such as Raid Passes and Super Incubators.

While you’re out looking for Sableye, Banette, and other spooky Pokémon, use your Pokémon GO AR camera to capture festive photos and share them on social media using #PokemonGOHalloween. As always, make sure to remain alert and aware of your surroundings while playing Pokémon GO this season.

Yet another special Pikachu... Didn't really want that.

For the rest, this event seems to be cool! Hoenn is getting me somewhat hyped and I'm definitely going to abuse the double candy givings :)

Event details:
A special Pikachu will be out celebrating Halloween in an all-new costume, and you can, too! Dress up your avatar for the occasion by wearing Mimikyu’s Disguise Hat.
Nice to know they're not even hiding it anymore. I already smell rise of Alola Confirmed jokes. Will actually love this one.

... I actually wish it is confirmed, at least the Alola Formes. Witch Aloraichu is great combination.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I think this is the first time getting double candy since Raids began, which means we might also get double Rare Candies too!

Lol, I wonder how many trick or treaters will get distracted doing raids and catching Ghost Pokémon while out and about!

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
No I didn't get an Ex Raid invite once again, but at least I had the opportunity to raid mewtwo with someone else's account that got one and was unable to attend, and in result was able to capture for him an 88.9% mewtwo with perfect attack & defense, only flaw was HP at 10/15 but still even something I'd consider to power up if that was my best mewtwo. Hopefully I'll get one soon as I intend to raid at the spot that has eluded me.

I'm looking forward to the Halloween event as I hope they extend shop discounts to increase pokemon storage instead of just item storage as was originally indicated.

This event is actually making me happy! I can really feel the double candies, they're racking up really fast! It's also fun to see some new Pokémon appear every now and then :D

So, I'm trying to figure out what EX Raid Passes get triggered by. I mean, if 3 people do a raid somewhere, they're obviously not gonna get the raid pass (since Mewtwo is unbeatable with 3 people). But it could've been at a gym that actually gives out those EX passes... Anyone got more clear information on this?

Not a bad day for me. Caught Shuppet, Duskull, Sableye, Halloween Pikachu, Dusclops, and finally got a Houndoom. Only blemish is that none of them are even 82.2% and neither is my new Raikou :(

Planning to go out to the city again tomorrow for more hunting. Should have enough candies for that, just need a better Dusclops lol

The only good catches for me today are two Drowsees? and a Misdreavous?. At least 2 of 3 Pikachu are quite impressive IV, but no outstanding one yet. But yeah, the candies rack quickly, I just need to evolve those two to fill my Pokedex again.

But the kicker is, a Pidgey and a Berry is instant 500 EXP. 12 candies in a go for something that requires exactly 12 candies to evolve, and that's not including evolving and transferring candies.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
It's a complete lottery Fluke . I have friends who have raided hundreds of gyms and no Mewtwo yet, while others did a modest amount and have 3 Mewtwo. It's a pretty horrible system all things considered.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
As far as Ex Raid Passes, another wave of them got sent out yesterday. In Connecticut they were all at Starbucks locations that previously had Ex Raids in the past month. What bothers me is I actually did a raid at one of them a little over a month ago and still did not get my invite for them once again which is really irritating me, and they are having these raid times on Friday at noon which is inconvenient for those that have to work and cannot take time off too. Ideally they should have these raid times at 7pm to guarantee more will show up for them.

While it's nice to have double candies, and 5 new gen 3 pokedex entries, I'm once again taking advantage of the shop offers which includes the special box and great box both great deals if you care about raid passes and incubators, and incense is a nice bonus as well too. I'm hoping they'll have half price off upgrades when gen 3 pokemon all become available.

Well, I'm not aiming for it anymore. Wasted a lot of Premium passes in the hope of getting an EX pass...

By the way, can Sableye actually be shiny?

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Mind you it's the only thing out of everything released that can be shiny, so no shiny Witch Pika line or shiny Shuppet / Duskull lines.

Might change as the event goes along tho

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Alright, definitely shiny-checking every Sableye from now on ò_ó/
Seeing as Sableye's shiny colour is yellow, it's arguably quite hard to miss.

Also, is there an extra warning message coming up when you try to Transfer shinies, like there is with legendaries and Event Pokémon? The second Witch Hat Pikachu I caught had bad IVs, so I Transfered it, and an additional warning message appeared, after the regular "Do you want to Transfer this Pokémon?" message.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)