Pokémon GO

playing outside in the cold just makes your battery got "nope" and drain at double speed. and new pokemon? nah, 1500 pokemon storage maximum incoming :D

Ah you know what screw it, I'm just going outside haha. It just started snowing too, praying for some Snorunt here and there :D

Since I haven't been really able to actually go out and play today, I've been autisticly compiling what people have been catching. As far as I can tell, it's:

starters+evolutions
poochyena / mightyena
zigzagoon / linoon
wurmple + evolutions
seedot/nuzleaf/shiftry
ralts/kirlia/gardevoir
shroomish/breloom
slakoth/vigoroth/slaking
makuhita/hariyama
skitty/delcatty
mawile
elektrike/manectric
plusle/minun
roselia
gulpin/swalot
spoink/grumpig
absol

that's 44, so I'm probably missing something. Has anyone seen lotad line? Seems reasonable they'd be out if seedot is. Also tailow and wingull are some trashmons I'd expect to be out. Maybe wynaut and azuril are on the egg table now.

The new dex data from the Hoenn mons helped me push the last smidge of EXP I was lacking for Level 29, and I'm already starting to get better luck with mons that come "pre-capped" on levels, which is definitely nice as a crutch for raids. Weather's also been nice to help me maintain some stardust.

Huh? But 3000CP+ for a non-legendary is pretty much on its own, isn't it? I thought it was going to be a mad powerhouse...

it has one possible fast move that is the equivalent to splash.

For only 3k CP,it's shit.

The 5,100 CP that it would have been originally, sure, that would be a bit overpowered compared to how things go, but the current part just makes it a shitmon riding the middle of the wave of useless outside of novelty. Well done Niantic :^)

Did two raids and actually managed to catch both Ho-Oh. First one on the first try and second one on the last try.

By the way, is Stone Edge on Tyranitar a legacy move? Or am I having terrible luck using 5 TMs and only alternating between Fire Blast and Crunch?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Yay, weather update!

...and then it turns out the weather in Trondheim is so perpetually shitty that even a relatively nice Friday evening triggered the "Extreme" condition that lowers Pokémon spawn rate. The local Pokémon Go Facebook group speculates it has something to do with a slippery roads warning for the region on AccuWeather. If that's the case, the "Extreme" tag probably won't go away until April.

it snowed here and said it was cloudy, with the extreme warning :( clear weather is far better then cloudy for spawn diversity though, lots of fire types and grass types, rather then commons and bugs

Hmm... so I noticed that people overjoyed on Gyarados getting Waterfall. It is now jumping high in DPS, easily beating Vaporeon.

I actually partly dislike this, although likely because I dislike that thing in general despite having one near perfect just ready to take the TM. But, it already had high Atk that it is still often be used back before STAB was nerfed and it only has Bite or Dragon Tail. I'd thought that it was its modus to use high raw Atk as opposed to other Water types using STAB. Bah... I'd rather have Vaporeon as best Water forever (or at least until Primarina comes; little lower bulk with higher Atk) than this thing.

They better make no joke on Milotic then and turn her into actually good defender. And I better not see this thing more often in gyms since it has been one of spoofers' favourite in defending gyms.

Then again, I see that they all are pretty much irrelevant once Waterfall Kyogre comes... at least Vaporeon can still defend gyms much better, I suppose.

Last edited:
weather isn't working propely.. been cloudy in game for 5 hours.. been snowing for 3 of those and raining for the other 2... plus dazzling gleam blissey gets boosted when it defend.

Soooo did any of you get the ex pass?
I didnt, but it seems like they are actually improving it
But Ill just keep spoofing until I get one, I did more than enough raids on sponsored gyms and parks

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Hmm... so I noticed that people overjoyed on Gyarados getting Waterfall. It is now jumping high in DPS, easily beating Vaporeon.

I actually partly dislike this, although likely because I dislike that thing in general despite having one near perfect just ready to take the TM. But, it already had high Atk that it is still often be used back before STAB was nerfed and it only has Bite or Dragon Tail. I'd thought that it was its modus to use high raw Atk as opposed to other Water types using STAB. Bah... I'd rather have Vaporeon as best Water forever (or at least until Primarina comes; little lower bulk with higher Atk) than this thing.

They better make no joke on Milotic then and turn her into actually good defender. And I better not see this thing more often in gyms since it has been one of spoofers' favourite in defending gyms.

Then again, I see that they all are pretty much irrelevant once Waterfall Kyogre comes... at least Vaporeon can still defend gyms much better, I suppose.
Milotic lost Water Gun and gained Waterfall in a server update yesterday that reverted Ho-Oh's stats back to pre buff. Waterfall / Surf should be a fine defender but sadly that doesn't matter too much except with high turnover. As an attacker it is outdone by Vape / Gyara as you said.

And I disagree. My favorite Gen 1 Pokemon reigning over Vaporeon as best Water-type makes me very giddy ;D

Lots of Torchic are suddenly spawning around my house. Weather condition: Extreme (heavy rain animation too). Where are the logics in this? Wouldn't Mudkip be a better fit? Heck, even Treecko would've been more logical. Not complaining tho.

(Also, what the **** happened to the forums?!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)