Pokémon GO

That's definitely true, but why not just wait a bit? I mean, perhaps you can later get something better. Without the cost of anything. Unless you know you're not going to do Groudon raids anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That's if one think one can get lucky enough to get not only one, but 6 Perfect Groudon, though. Well, it might be doable if one is hardcore enough, but then again, extra raid also costs coins....

Right now a 98% mon should hold virtually the same value as perfect one. Good thing as of now we don't play in a game where one point differences could change things or even everything and we can relax a bit (looking at you, Speed stat).

I see people also mention Groudon being good counter to itself. So if you can use them in more raids of themselves then....

That's if one think one can get lucky enough to get not only one, but 6 Perfect Groudon, though. Well, it might be doable if one is hardcore enough, but then again, extra raid also costs coins....

Right now a 98% mon should hold virtually the same value as perfect one. Good thing as of now we don't play in a game where one point differences could change things or even everything and we can relax a bit (looking at you, Speed stat).

I see people also mention Groudon being good counter to itself. So if you can use them in more raids of themselves then....
Yeah, the last thing you mentioned is definitely true. It's only 2 days after its release though... I personally wouldn't power up any legendaries until I'm sure which my best is. To each their own, I guess :)

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Completely get what you mean but I've genuinely never seen a 100 Legendary and I will not bank on it. I have a 50% catch rate on Groudon - my luck with it is abysmal as is. So, I will max out the 98. I don't care.

If I stumble on a 100 (lol) then cool, my fuck up.

Premiums will be saved for the next legend (Kyogre) since I see no need to waste them on Groudon unless the Christmas event gives exp or something.

One other thing, what is Absol best at? Is he best as a dark attacker as expected, or does he do better with some weird moveset?
Best with a Dark-type moveset but it's glassy and Tyranitar exists which invalidates most of its roles.

One Groudon ran away....

Well, that's one out of 7? Then again it was rather low IV. Not good luck with them now....

While in other hand, finally did an EX Raid after skipping the very first in past event. Not supreme, but still outstanding Mewtwo at 2240. That's another Kanto Dex entry stamped then, good enough.
Was down too quickly though, I had hoped to battle it while listening to one special music to fullest....
... Battle! Rocket leader Sakaki / Giovanni

Completely get what you mean but I've genuinely never seen a 100 Legendary and I will not bank on it. I have a 50% catch rate on Groudon - my luck with it is abysmal as is. So, I will max out the 98. I don't care.

If I stumble on a 100 (lol) then cool, my fuck up.

Premiums will be saved for the next legend (Kyogre) since I see no need to waste them on Groudon unless the Christmas event gives exp or something.

Best with a Dark-type moveset but it's glassy and Tyranitar exists which invalidates most of its roles.
Well, guess the Shiny's mostly a trophy for now. Least he looks pretty. Need to get into more Ttar raids to fill out the team, so far, have one Dark and one Rock focused.

Also, I've probably been absurdly lucky, but across 12-14 raids of each, I managed to get a perfect Groudon and a perfect Ho-oh, albeit neither is weather boosted. The odds of a perfect legendary I think should be 1/216 assuming independent rolls of each IV, so it's rare but not outlandish like main game shiny odds.

Manchesters map is the same as the florida one. 50% on legendaries is what I got on the dogs, so its fine.

edit, something is going to happen soon, an old spawn has become active locally.

Last edited:
My neighborhood transformed into a regular Slakoth spawn and I've netted myself some high IV ones. I'm hesitant to power one of them up. By now we all know Slaking doesn't live up to its expectations, but I still like its character and high CP... Should I eventually do it?

My neighborhood transformed into a regular Slakoth spawn and I've netted myself some high IV ones. I'm hesitant to power one of them up. By now we all know Slaking doesn't live up to its expectations, but I still like its character and high CP... Should I eventually do it?
People say... it is pretty much strong for defending for the first 1 hour (of course, against others who don't know what will hit them, but I know its attacks enough to dodge easily), then it's scrap. That fat CP could give other players from other teams bonus BXP for beating it. It's most useful thing is probably defending a gym before the raid hatch timer goes off in high turnover area, and that's it. I'd probably raise it in case an important raid is going to happen, but... definitely still being outclassed by Blissey.

giving people extra BXP isn't bad if you want them to go away, because they want gold badges :P but yea, Heard it is rubbish, Blissey is better.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Slaking's only niche is to work as another line of defense for Ex Raids (Slaking, Snorlax, Blissey, and Chansey stall for time very well as the big 4). Also has a psychological deterrent - high CP scares people who don't know better.

It is also a pretty fun attacker with how hard those Hyper Beams hit lol. I maxed out one as my first gen 3 mon because I love it, but if you're trying to save dust, go for raid attackers instead.

AR+ is now available

AR+ is now available in Pokémon GO!

Trainers, Get ready for even more realistic Pokémon encounters: AR+ is coming to Pokémon GO! AR+ leverages Apple’s ARKit framework to build on the AR work already implemented in Pokémon GO. Soon, Trainers around the world running iOS 11 on iPhone 6s and newer models can experience AR+ in Pokémon GO.

Scale: With AR+, Pokémon are now fixed to a point in space, meaning you can walk up close to a Pokémon to see to how they’ll look in the real world. Imagine looking up at a massive Onix or walking around a gigantic Snorlax blocking your path! This feature brings us one step closer to truly realizing Pokémon the way they are supposed to be represented in the real world. Pokémon GO AR photos will never be the same again!

Awareness: Pokémon will run away if they become aware of the Trainers getting close, so be careful. You can sneak up close to earn an Expert Handler bonus, but think twice before running right up to that Charizard! You’ll need to be extra cautious so you don’t scare it away. An awareness meter will appear next to the Pokémon, and if the meter fills up, the Pokémon will flee. If it does, you can try tapping on the tall grass nearby, which may cause the Pokémon to reappear and give you an additional chance to catch it.

Expert Handler Bonus: Think you have what it takes to be an expert Pokémon handler? While in AR+ mode, you’ll finally have the chance to prove it! If you’re able to catch a Pokémon while in close proximity, you’ll have a better chance at earning Great and Excellent Throw bonuses, as well as an all-new Expert Handler bonus that awards even more XP and Stardust.

This is our first step toward making AR capabilities in Pokémon GO even more awesome, opening up the framework for greater AR experiences in the future. As you explore your local neighborhoods, remember to share your AR+ photos of your encounters on social media with the hashtag #PokemonGOarplus. And be sure to always stay aware of your surroundings and make sure you’re safe while in AR+ mode. We'd love to see all of your new adventures as they unfold.

—The Pokémon GO team

Darn, too bad I have an iPhone 5S... At the one hand idgaf, because I used to hate the AR function. But on the other hand I'm kind of bummed I can't try this out :/

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
OM's Groudon is 96% overall since it rounds up. 15 Atk is perfect.

Posted about this in my groupchats yesterday and I should relay here:

The Winter Event should be coming around soon, I expect this weekend. Details showed up on the App Store in Chinese, which details Special Boxes going on sale, the new "Star Piece" item, Delibird, Santa Hat Pikachu, and 20 species from the Hoenn region. Dubbed the water wave, these are Lotad, Lombre, Ludicolo | Wailmer, Wailord | Carvanha, Sharpedo | Spheal, Sealeo, Walrein | Luvdisc | Feebas, Milotic | Corphish, Crawdaunt | Barboach, Whiscash | Snorunt, Glalie | Relicanth given their assets in the game.

Clamperl requires Deep Sea Tooth / Scale and has no assets in the game so it's not coming out yet. Kyogre may possibly star with them given this IS the water wave but there's no evidence to say it will be yet unlike Groudon.

Groudon, finally got 2 of those, seems that nanab+golden razz trick is back, or was it fluke, but it just sat there on ball #2 allowing me to pick my moment.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Never seen the use for Nanab Berries other than free stardust in gyms. Locking target trick should suffice to score Excellents on Groudon 100% of the time.

Event officially announced

Trainers,

The holiday season is here, and we have a celebration that will inspire you to go out exploring your neighborhood with family and friends. Starting today at 1:00 p.m. PST, a familiar festive Pikachu is back—and bringing a few frosty friends along for the fun! In addition to more Ice-type Pokémon appearing around the world, additional Water-type and Ice-type Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region in the Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire video games will also begin appearing in Pokémon GO for the very first time. As a special bonus, the first PokéStop you visit each day between December 22 at 1:00 p.m. PST and December 25 at 1:00 p.m. PST will award you a single-use Egg Incubator with your first Photo Disc spin, so make sure to check in every day to collect an incubator.

Don’t miss out on your chance to stock up for your holiday adventures with special boxes from the in-game shop, featuring the best deals of the year. From December 21 through December 25 at 1:00 p.m. PST, special boxes will feature items such as Super Incubators, Lure Modules, and the all-new Star Pieces, which earn bonus Stardust for 30 minutes when activated. From December 25 at 1:00 p.m. PST through January 4, 2018, keep an eye on the in-game shop for special boxes, featuring items such as Premium Raid Passes, Super Incubators, and Star Pieces.

We can’t wait to see you out with family and friends this holiday season. As you’re outside exploring the world, be sure to share your favorite AR photos and best catches using #PokemonGO on your preferred social media channel.

—The Pokémon GO team

They're really going all-out with events, deals and releasing new Pokémon lately. Wish I got more time on my hands atm, but they're doing a really good job imo :D

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Right on time, excellent.

The official promotion picture has Kyogre in it which makes me think they might make it available for release alongside this wave, coming a little bit earlier than expected. Makes a lot of sense when every Hoenn Water-type except Clamperl would be released.

Right on time, excellent.

The official promotion picture has Kyogre in it which makes me think they might make it available for release alongside this wave, coming a little bit earlier than expected. Makes a lot of sense when every Hoenn Water-type except Clamperl would be released.
I personally think Kyogre won't be released until Groudon is gone

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
I thought so too lol but promotions. It might dual star with Groudon to milk the holiday (more money for Niantic). Its assets aren't in the game yet I think so it might also not star til Groudon leaves on the 15th as we all initially thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)