Pokémon GO

just wish Ninatic would give a better system for coins.. getting rather fed up of checking when pokemon are returned to find 23:55-1:07..... and it being almost impossible to hold a gym solo during the day with raids everywhere.

It used to be the lower your Pokémon you fight with are, the quicker your tear down gyms

Is this still the case? For example, if I beat a 3000 CP Dragonite with all 1500 CP Pokémon, will the gym go down quicker than if I'd beat it with all 2000 CP Pokémon?

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
For 2) are you saying that the 2 minutes of waiting for round 1, 1 minute or less of battling and 2 minutes of waiting for round 2 are all counted (I believe the "continue where you left off" raid boss HP resets after 5 minutes, correct?)
If so, what about solo raids? Does this affect you the same way as your example of 10 people?

Basically- 5 minute limit correct?
PS THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR INFORMATION
Yeah, it's all counted. 5 minute limit applies to everything, no matter if you're solo or with 19 other people: 2 minutes for the lobby, 3 minutes for the battle / healing in between battle / whatever. The boss battle is constant until it ends in the 5 minutes (either by you timing out or beating it).

It used to be the lower your Pokémon you fight with are, the quicker your tear down gyms

Is this still the case? For example, if I beat a 3000 CP Dragonite with all 1500 CP Pokémon, will the gym go down quicker than if I'd beat it with all 2000 CP Pokémon?
No, it doesn't matter. Just use your strongest attackers or the best counters to whatever is in front of you, because the motivation will go down in the same manner.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Most people here tried the Ditto thing and it didn't work. You are welcomed to prove me wrong though.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
At the moment I'm critically low on stardust and hope next event may the one on anniversary date of July 6 will enhance stardust rate. I'm currently prioritizing getting the TMs to fix a dragonite, convert a scizor with steel moves to bug moves (useful against exeggutor, alakazam and possibly mewtwo), and fixing another gengar as well. While I already have 194 larvitar candies, I intend to use them to eventually power up my 2 level 30 ones that both know bite and crunch.

I think everyone is low on stardust; I managed to build up around 50k in a week catching a shitton of commons, so i'm planning on spending that for now on my legacy shadow claw gengar once I get charge TMs to fix dark pulse (after, of course, I fix my maxed megahorn rhydon and my maxed rock blast (tm'd) earthquake golem). I think one of the best plays rn is to save up on really high level catches, even if they have terrible IVs (god why I did i transfer my extra high level geodude. Well, there little chance I was getting another 125 candy to evolve it anyway). Only spending candy to immediately get a fairly high CP mon is really useful since it costs 0 stardust. I personally am a casual player and more of a collector for fun, so I like having high IV final evolutions and level 1 mons (it's why I didn't evolve a high level shellder into a 1700k cloyster, and instead settled for a high iv 1200 cloyster. Which I got thanks to the solstice event. My home area spawns are not great.) If you're a bit more hardcore and really want to build up a strong army quickly though, conserving stardust is the play.

I've actually only done 5 raids so far - Magikarp (124 cp so i'm pretty happy with the IVs - I still don't have enough candy for a gyarados though -_-), Croconaw, Muk (1st one), Lapras (1st one), and Arcanine. I don't have a single Machamp, Alakazam, or Tyranitar, so those three raids are at the top of my priority list. I at least have been building up abra candy and have enough to power a zam from 20 to 30 (i'm halfway through level 28 atm, like I said i'm a fairly casual player), but I think by the time I get candy to power up level 20 machamps and tyranitars (assuming I can even get them) I think I'll be able to build enough stardust for those guys. The struggle is finding partners to do raids - I'm in a discord group for the large general area where I live, but most ppl wouldn't bother to come to my near home gym, so level 3s and 4s are tough for me to do.

I also actually still don't even have my dragonite - my dratini is currently at 200 km walked and I spent all my rare candy on it, and I still only have about 90 candy. The only catch i've gotten is a dragonair, and i've hatched two dratini. I always have a shitton of 5ks lying around, and even when I get 2ks I go through em really quick and just get left with 5ks. I only caught one lucky larvitar during the rock event. As a collector, I have a lot of goals still that hopefully raids can help me achieve :p.

Damn, i just had a freaking 893 cp croconaw run from me. I had 11 balls (i didn't get a defender bonus despite having my own mon in the gym), and i razz / golden razzed all but one throw. I hit all but one or two throws with great curveballs. It even errored after the first throw, although it let me back in. And i thought muk was hard to catch -_-

O look some pathetic behaviour. pokemon getting removed from gym, gets replaced by something else within 10 minutes.. honestly Niantic need to fix this pathetic system, shavers still spoil it, griefers still spoil it and bots still spoil it, and I know exactly that this was targeted they are in a local group, this is the 3rd time now they have gone around exploiting the crappy gym system flaws to annoy people who live nowhere near them. now they are mult-accounting to block players instead of just sitting in their cars golden razzing stuff in gyms.
such pathetic tribal behaviour... stopping people earning coins via griefing in a group that does meets for raids.. I mean really? very close to reporting that to Niantic myself.

Last edited:
O look some pathetic behaviour. pokemon getting removed from gym, gets replaced by something else within 10 minutes.. honestly Niantic need to fix this pathetic system, shavers still spoil it, griefers still spoil it and bots still spoil it, and I know exactly that this was targeted they are in a local group, this is the 3rd time now they have gone around exploiting the crappy gym system flaws to annoy people who live nowhere near them. now they are mult-accounting to block players instead of just sitting in their cars golden razzing stuff in gyms.
such pathetic tribal behaviour... stopping people earning coins via griefing in a group that does meets for raids.. I mean really? very close to reporting that to Niantic myself.
"pathetic" system? Wow mate, relax. I agree that there are a couple of flaws. But compared to how shitty Niantic behaved before, this is already a huge improvement from their part in my eyes.

the system is pathetic because I earned those gyms.. end up at the bottom and get greifed out.. and now can't get back in them.. at least before I could protect myself from that behaviour... so yes.. pathetic because I have hardly any control or coin income or gym placement.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I am sooooooooooooooooo angry!

I used up my 1 pass and saw that the Machamp had 1:35 seconds, then I enter and challenge it, after waiting the 80 seconds guess what?
"ERROR!!!!!" Message at the top of the screen. I can't get out of the gym... even after it ends the battle. I close the app to restart and... Machamp is gone; so is my raid pass and so is all the effort using max revive securing the best team for Machamp, I had finally entered a raid with at least 2 other people and had my perfect 36.5 level alakazam with psychoo cutter and future sight right in the lead... even Pokémon go's auto default team was finally selected right with Dragonites.

Alllllllll for nothing. I can't believe they wouldn't just grandfather me in and say "he used the raid Pass before it expired, guarantee him one battle... I didn't even click the green "battle button" i went to the gym and it auto selected it!

Whyyyyyy?!! I want to yell at Niantic!

I am so annoyed with how stupid this game is... if it was anything beyond Pokémon as a franchise it wouldn't have the playerbaser... I'm considering quiting not because it has no fun factor, but because all the effort it takes to play the game with endless glitches makes the fun not worth it. And Pokémon Go doesn't promote walking- you stand still at Raids, Gym Battles, and even when catching a Pokémon beside Pokestops, where if you continue walking while you try and catch it you might be too far from a Pokémon stop or gym. How many times do we walk a block, run into a raid, and stay playing 10-15 minutes standing still, Not going?

You can supposedly run away from a gym during raid battle but not during the catch phase.

Tldr: 75% ready to throw in the towel.

Last edited:
So... it'll be first GO anniversary. It had been long, although it isn't exactly 1 years old yet here....

Come to think it, started around August, a bit late from the first time it was released where I live, had witnessed many phenomenons, experienced the stagnation, kept rising from zero with what I got, caught many hatted Pikachuu, and now I reached so far. I still remember the first teams I got such as Nidoqueen and Clefable. Lapras was so elusive for someone who rarely plays to the coastal area or during events and I got it in Gen2. I managed to build a force that doesn't fear Blisseys.
I may have caught many Tyrannitars? with this raid and raised some to battle with, but I'm feeling much more proud of my early 'mon that had battled for long early, such as the Vaporeon Brigade and Clefable anti-dragon force.

Surely, this is far from perfect, but I must say I enjoyed my time in GO. Enjoyed the time I break gyms while turning off the GO music and listening to main series music like Frontier Brain instead, even if the incentive isn't that big at all. I have to thank everyone in my team who made it possible to rise highly.

And I finally managed to put an Arcanine partially named after maternal family's late big dog in graveyard where my maternal grandpa rests, one of my personal endgame dreams.

Oh, Anniversary Pikachuu will decorate the game. Rest in Peace, Pokemon Box storage....

Now I have to finish some artworks deadlined tomorrow. Too bad, raids are later rerolled and we'll get different things. At least I've caught a lot of 'Tars.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
the system is pathetic because I earned those gyms.. end up at the bottom and get greifed out.. and now can't get back in them.. at least before I could protect myself from that behaviour... so yes.. pathetic because I have hardly any control or coin income or gym placement.
Dude, knock it off. All you do is spout negativity. Go and whine on Reddit or something cause your posts over the last few pages have been nothing but moaning and whining. Everyone in this thread has the exact same frustrations. You're the only one being incredibly negative about it.

A lot of players can't even reach the level you play at, you're one of the lucky few who has a great location with easy to access mons/gyms/stops. Honestly, it sounds like you absolutely hate the game and couldn't stand to play it. Yet you do so there must be some redeemable aspect to the game for you. Talk about those aspects that you like. Otherwise, please stop posting in this thread. Better still, stop playing the game entirely if you are finding it so frustrating.

Niantic have proved time and again they are a fairly incompetent developer. They should have never been given rights to a game of this size and scale. But whining about it here when we all know about it will do nothing at all. If your posts were more than throw away one liners people might actually read them, rather than being disgruntled by them and ignoring your complaints. You should be reporting all instances of greifing/glitching/abusing tools for assisted aid anyway.

This is a warning to improve your posting habits in this thread. I have not given you an infraction or anything similar at this time, but I will if your posting habits do not improve.

I am sooooooooooooooooo angry!

I used up my 1 pass and saw that the Machamp had 1:35 seconds, then I enter and challenge it, after waiting the 80 seconds guess what?
"ERROR!!!!!" Message at the top of the screen. I can't get out of the gym... even after it ends the battle. I close the app to restart and... Machamp is gone; so is my raid pass and so is all the effort using max revive securing the best team for Machamp, I had finally entered a raid with at least 2 other people and had my perfect 36.5 level alakazam with psychoo cutter and future sight right in the lead... even Pokémon go's auto default team was finally selected right with Dragonites.

Alllllllll for nothing. I can't believe they wouldn't just grandfather me in and say "he used the raid Pass before it expired, guarantee him one battle... I didn't even click the green "battle button" i went to the gym and it auto selected it!

Whyyyyyy?!! I want to yell at Niantic!

I am so annoyed with how stupid this game is... if it was anything beyond Pokémon as a franchise it wouldn't have the playerbaser... I'm considering quiting not because it has no fun factor, but because all the effort it takes to play the game with endless glitches makes the fun not worth it. And Pokémon Go doesn't promote walking- you stand still at Raids, Gym Battles, and even when catching a Pokémon beside Pokestops, where if you continue walking while you try and catch it you might be too far from a Pokémon stop or gym. How many times do we walk a block, run into a raid, and stay playing 10-15 minutes standing still, Not going?

You can supposedly run away from a gym during raid battle but not during the catch phase.

Tldr: 75% ready to throw in the towel.
yea I had similar yesterday, but knew about it, went after a 4 star (that was in a building site so couldn't get to it), after going past a Magikarp raid, coming back I had a very short time, but knowing that what you mentioned happened to others, decided to pass on it, ended up waiting 40 minutes at 3 star talking to someone else though, which is a nice thing, meeting new players.

I don't even know what this gym system and raids actually has to do with Pokemon either tbh but that is what we have, but I am getting rather fed up of it myself as player behaviour spoofers and even more gym bots are clogging up space in gyms. I live within visual range of 4 gyms.. and can't get in 3 of them thanks to various griefers and Spoofers, which I am actually reluctant to report right now due to reports about a glitch that banned players break the gyms they are inside, whether that is the reason or not.. I cant really risk it.
the new gym system seems thrown together out of various ideas, that seem to contradict each other, they want you to stay in gyms for a short time.. yet you have the berry feed system and badges that want you to stay there for ages, and also why have teams if you need all the teams to work together as 1 to help each other. seems like they are trying to clone ingress but are trying to base it on pokemon stuff

as for the walking thing, I think the new system encourages less, as you need to do less, if you wanted 10 gyms.. you need to find and hold, and maintain 10 gyms, now you need 2 or 3 in mid turnover. the 50 coins limit means I am not buying incubators so therefore not hatching a load of eggs.

the game would be better if they got rid of gyms, which serve no purpose anymore other then to frustrate, and just had raids, the raids are great, you can meet new people etc.

is the new event the same as the Christmas event? pretty sure that was just a hat Pikachu and some store boxes as well, or have I missed something?

Last edited:
What... what? I just participated in a raid, and when we were about go to the catching screen it just ended. The entire thing just ended, and the gym showed the 'you already beat this raid' symbol above it. It was a Machamp. Anyone else experiencing this?

I read on reddit that its risky to start a raid with less than 5 minutes left. I guess it's something niantic is still working on.

Also where did you hear that raids are going to be shuffled, rather than just new pokemon being added to them? I still haven't seen a single machamp or tyranitar raid and never had enough ppl to take on alakazam, and I really want to get at least one of these three mons :o

yea that is the problem I think.
I have had 1 Machamp raid... we had a T-tar raid here last night but I was busy. I only saw a Venusaur one yesterday, but yea there will be rotation, hopefully Hitmons are a tier so I can get my Hitmonchan.
most of the 4's here have been Zard/toise... or just 1's and 2's.

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/birthday2017

Happy Anniversary to GO, and Rest in Peace, Pokemon Box space. You'll be missed as I catch all the 'chuu.
Seriously, should I even start transferring the <80% IV Tyrannitars?
And if only GO is compatible with PokeBank as rumours had floated and the capped 'chuu can be transferred to main game complete with its own Z-crystal, just because....
Well, time to use the golden berries and balls....

Anyway, I'm hoping that the box bonus is worth it. Last egg yielded Mantine, sighs. I long for little Dratini to have reason to dump my rare candies into, I have only two outstanding dragons until now....
I rarely need more balls and healing supply thanks to my cheapskate management and lots of trashes from raids. The promo box better be cheaper than raid pass+incubator of same numbers.

... I just remember, I am now running dry on dusts. With a lot of things I got from raids and massively reduced stardust gain, I am running into choices of who I should spend dusts on, very wisely....

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)