Poke Pelago

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
pokepelago is probably one of the best features in sun/moon by far (imo). It's especially good for people on the go (like me whenever I'm at classes) so it's nice to come back and see a bunch of new hatched Pokemon along with some fancy treasures that have been found. I also like how you can get some rare Pokemon such as Metang and Lapras and also shiny encounters from it.

I also feel like it gives meaning to any Pokemon you throw into the box since you can now put them to work :]

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
My only issue with Pelago is how slow it is to raise any pokémon above lv50. I'm trying to train the Ultra Beasts there and goddamn, I'd be better off grinding the E4.
Well do you want to focus on training the Ultra Beasts or are they a secondary group of Pokemon you're focusing on? Of course grinding the E4 will be faster than using Poke Pelago, Poke Pelago's training island is meant to be a secondary training place for Pokemon you want to train but at the moment you're focusing on Pokemon in your party now (and even then it's more of a push than something you can purely rely on).

Collecting beans, growing berries, and getting valuable items? That's what Poke Pelago is #1 at. But raising happiness, hatching eggs, and training? You doing it yourself will always be the #1 option, the options in Poke Pelago more meant to start the process.

while the rainbow bean raises the affection to 3 hearts, this is still imprecise.

To be more precise, the rainbow bean gives around 125 affection points. On serebii they say you just need 3 beans to bring it to max affection the third one is actually a waste.

I had a dhelmise that only had 4 affection points (by healing a status right after battling with the cotton thing. I feed it two rainbow beans, and then petted it once. After said petting it displayed the animation telling that the affection was maxed.

So yeah, you only need two beans and some petting.

Also, I found that is way better to keep the pattern beans for boosting berries and such than actual trading. Using just regular beans you can boost as much as 16h40m before needing to put more beans. for berries that only takes 24h to grow is okay, as you would only need to put beans for 12h, but for the other beans you would need to refresh it, and if you're not avaiable when the beans run out you would be losing efficiency.

But with the pattern beans, you can put 11 pattern beans and 39 regular beans for 24h of boosting for the berries that take 48h to grow, and 29 pattern beans plus 21 regular beans for the berries that take 72 hours to grow. The berries will finish as the bean boost will end.

For the rainbow beans, the best use is pokemon refresh, and for trading if you have too many of them and for some reason you need more regular beans. Once you have everything built to lv3 and you have more beans that you can use you could use these for boosting if you want.

Also, anyone has a table of the chances of getting X item in treasure hunt?

Well, I don't mind the waiting time when I am too lazy or busy to do anything that requires full attention to the game. I actually like that I can now leave some 'mon training there without even doing anything but wait for a while while being so precise when needed, although mindless hordes were certainly much quicker. Heck, I can use this to level up some unneeded mons to fill my Pokedex through evolution later wguke I'm not using it yet..

When one compares if with Super Training though, Super Training is in no way an efficient training tool, but it gives me another tool to check exact EVs I've given by using Reset Bag and soft-resetting game (it shows one the changes made to EVs due to using Super Training, including Reset Bag reductions). I found it to be very useful for someone who often lost track of it (Yeah, I forgot how messy my Lunaala's EVs again. I'll have to put the friendship berries again....).

I actually kind of think that the Rainbow Bean is... it trivialises affection. It is obtained about 2 per day for free (granted, limited by time) and instantly gives at least two affection levels out of five, while previously the Honour and Wish Pokepuffs? were so special, especially the latter and that the former requires a little hardwork and affection required a bit hardwork that I enjoyed, having my lovelies train with falling yarns....
That bean part is my only complaint about this feature though. Making boxed 'mons meaningful is a great thing and it has great usages.

Last edited:
The Pelago is insanely good in this game, it gives you a ton of afk options to free you up to do whatever you want. I trained up 2 full teams worth of mons in the span of 40 in-game hours that took at least 5x as long in previous games.
*Beans for boosting other features and rainbows for faster exp.
*Berry field for the EV berries, just give a sooth bell and spam for happiness.
*Cave for evo stones and ca$h (screw shards, not worth)
*EV playground is Op. Just EV train teams over night or while I'm off doing something else.
*Hotspring aka Leftover Egg Hatch-o-Matic 5000

Imo manual EV training is not as worthwhile as the playground, as odd as it sounds, I find it to be too time consuming and tedious. If you're doing it manually you're not getting any background benefits. I would rather free up my time putting them in PP and make some Battle Tree runs for BP to get items cuz they are expensive af. The EXP side of it is abysmal but that's what crushing the elite four is for.

The problem the treasure hunt is similar with the join avenue.

Hard stones everywhere.I had run for Rare-treasure hunting several times, since the golden bottle cap is there and is a smaller pool than interesting-item hunting, so I though the golden bottle cap would be more common, but no. All you get is more hard stones.

However until they datamine the loot table of each route there's nothing but speculation of what route is best for what.

Since the hard stone is in all pools, I guess is the fill loot, so if you don't get the 2/4/6 item loot if fills that with hard stones, so the interesting-item hunt might be better since you can get everything

purely anecdotal but I think the individuals give better yields over all

i still get a bunch of hard stones, but i have more than enough of the other stones except for dusk. Even when I do rare treasures I still get enough treasures to be worth while.

So I noticed that when you reset your game while wild pokemon are visiting isle, their nature and stats change each time you turn on the game. Make sure not to save your game otherwise they will retain the same nature and stats. Every time you turn on the game, The same wild pokemon will be there. Using this, I soft reset about 20 - 30 times. Having 3 rolls per reset, I quickly had a shiny pokemon appear. A shiny Carbink to be exact. Also I do not own the shiny charm yet.

I know I might sound crazy, but there's extremely high shiny chances for pokemon appearing in Poke Pelago. I'll call this discovery the Ottalago Method.

So I noticed that when you reset your game while wild pokemon are visiting isle, their nature and stats change each time you turn on the game. Make sure not to save your game otherwise they will retain the same nature and stats. Every time you turn on the game, The same wild pokemon will be there. Using this, I soft reset about 20 - 30 times. Having 3 rolls per reset, I quickly had a shiny pokemon appear. A shiny Carbink to be exact. Also I do not own the shiny charm yet.

I know I might sound crazy, but there's extremely high shiny chances for pokemon appearing in Poke Pelago. I'll call this discovery the Ottalago Method.
I checked their IV and they don't get the bonus 3 max IV. I don't really think it is that worth it unless shininess is the only thing considered.
Not to mention they automatically get into a measly Pokeball.

Does anyone know what, if any, effects sending out a bean bottle has? It says something like increasing luck but does anyone know what that means (more likely for shinies to show up, better IVs)?

Does anyone know what, if any, effects sending out a bean bottle has? It says something like increasing luck but does anyone know what that means (more likely for shinies to show up, better IVs)?
I think you get multiple bottles back the next day (they show up on the left side of an island, in the water). I don't know if they have any other effects.

I think you get multiple bottles back the next day (they show up on the left side of an island, in the water). I don't know if they have any other effects.
Seconding this. I think it's really just a delayed investment; if there's any other effect, I've yet to notice it

I think the bean bottle is some sort of streetpass thing. you send a bottle and generate a bottle on whenever you streetpass, and you need to have sent one first that day in order to get bottles to you

I think the bean bottle is some sort of streetpass thing. you send a bottle and generate a bottle on whenever you streetpass, and you need to have sent one first that day in order to get bottles to you
Based on how reliably and often I've gotten them back, I very much doubt that.

does this game even have streetpass functionality? Almost every game I've had that has that has you specifically turn it on

Can confirm (at least) that I got a bean bottle back today, so that seems accurate. In addition, both Pokemon that wandered to my island decided to stay, but I don't know if that's because of the bean bottle I sent out.

I love this thing.
Cannot be bothered wasting any time grinding BP for power items or on ev training battles. Just throw them in pelago and go do something else.
Beat feature of Gen vii along with the PC iv checking.

Interesting Fact: For some reason, the maximum number of Plain Poke Beans is 1785. After that, even when I pick them up, it doesn't add to my total. Such an arbitrary number...
I guess is not the global number, but the amount of each color.

Is there an easier way to pick up pokebeans? I have a max level beanstalk island and it gets boring quickly(not to mention the time consumption) to individually tap on every one, then tap the beanstalk for another round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)