PokeEmblem: Where Pokemon meets Fire Emblem (Reworking, New Skills!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Poll and Pet Mod approved by G-Luke
Pardon the sloppy appearance!

What makes Pokemon unique are it's abilities. There are many different types of abilities, ranging from giving the Pokemon with the respective ability a type immunity or give it priority to certain moves. Pokemon can only have one of these. Abilities can range from being very powerful or to having no effect in battle at all. It's what makes Pokemon a more competitive game.

Fire Emblem, a game you guys may not be so familiar with, has a similar ability system, except you can have 5 of them (only applies to Awakening and Fates, however in Fates you can have a personal skill but that's not relevant now) and it can get super complicated. The abilities, most commonly called skills, can be very similar or very different from the abilities you know from Pokemon. Take Seal Strength and Intimidate, for example. Both lower the opponent's Attack stat, however Seal Strength occurs after the turn in battle, while Intimidate activates before the turn and on switch in. There are skills that seem to have no counterpart in Pokemon, like Vantage, which makes it if the unit is under 50% HP, it will always go first. Sounds overpowered, I know. Or you can have the skill Lucky Seven, which grants multiple buffs on the first seven turns of the battle. There aren't as many skills in Fire Emblem as there are abilities in Pokemon, but the power to have 5 skills is what gives it a lot of variety.​

So, where am I going with this?. It's simple, really.
What if Pokemon, instead of having one ability per Pokemon, had multiple skills that mirror or closely mirror what they do in Fire Emblem?​

Rules:
The only thing that changes is the fact that every ability is removed completely and is now replaced with skills.
Each Pokemon can have 3 skills (5 would be too complicated and might be too hard to code, so I wanna keep things simple).
The skills are visible for yourself as well as the opponent. You know what skills the opposing Pokemon has, and so does who you're facing.​

Skills:
There are three types of skills:
Passive-These skills are always active when the user is in play.
Trigger-These skills take effect after its respective amount on its timer reaches 0. The timer goes down by 1 when the Pokemon attacks the enemy or is attacked. When both Pokemon in battle do not attack each other, the timer will go down by one.
Command-These skills act like a fifth move, meaning you can choose when to activate it, but it will use up your turn.

Here are some links to all of the skills in the recent Fire Emblem games, which will then be put into Pokemon the best way possible:
http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Skills_in_Fire_Emblem_Awakening
http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Skills_in_Fire_Emblem_Fates

Last edited:

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
SKILL LIST
Adept-If the user's Speed stat is higher by 100 or more, performs the same move again at half damage with no chance of secondary effect activating. Trigger=3.
Astra-User performs 5 hits of the move chosen at half damage, critical hits are negated. Trigger=5.
Canto-When user switches out, the one that goes out after is granted a turn, but opponent would go first. Passive.
Corrode-Doubles opponents PP usage (Pressure clone). Passive.
Gamble-User has -20% hitrate and +20% critical rate. Passive.
Pavise-User will take an opposing attack as if it had double its respective Defense stat. Trigger=4.
Luna-User does damage as if opponent has its respective Defense stat lowered by 2. Trigger=4.
Miracle-User survives with one HP when hit with a fatal attack. Trigger=5.
Nihil-Ignores all of opponents stat boosts. Passive.
Renewal-At beginning of each turn, user recovers 10% HP. Passive.
Sol-User recovers HP equal to half of damage done to opponent. Trigger=4.
[Type]breaker-If opponent's type/one of its types match up against user (such as a Fairy type fighting an opponent with Fairybreaker), opponent's moves do half damage and cannot critical or activate secondary effects. Passive.
[Type]faire-If user's type matches with skill (such as a Water type having Waterfaire), STAB moves' multiplier increases to 2x. If not (such as a Water type having Firefaire, Grassfaire, etc.) respective moves have a 1.3x multiplier. Passive.
Vantage-When user <50% HP, user will always go first if they unless it is a status move, there is a weather condition in play and/or user has a status condition. Attacks cannot critical. Passive.
Wrath-When user >50% HP critical hit chance increases by 20%. Passive.
Aether-2 consecutive hits; First strike uses Sol and second strike uses Luna. Trigger=6.
Iote's Shield-Neutalizes Flying-type weaknesses and resistance. Can be only be used on Flying-types. Passive.
Seal [Stat]-After battle enemy [stat] -1. Does not stack. Passive.
Acrobat-Grants immunity to Ground-type moves and hazards. Passive.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Expect this poll to close in 24 Hours. If the current standings still stand, you can freely launch the Pet Mod in here Estronic

Astra

talk to me nice
Since it's almost been 24 hours, I think this is pretty much a go now! Thank you very much!
I'll revamp this thread tomorrow though, it's getting late for me.

A couple of questions:

What happens to FE13 skills that change in FE14 like Aptitude or Galeforce? I'm guessing it works how it does in the game it appears the latest in.

Speaking of Aptitude, since there will be skills that are super busted (a flat 10% / 20% increase in all stats), how will they be distributed? Is it just giving skills to Pokemon as you see fit or is there a specific way you'll go about this

Astra

talk to me nice
A couple of questions:

What happens to FE13 skills that change in FE14 like Aptitude or Galeforce? I'm guessing it works how it does in the game it appears the latest in.

Speaking of Aptitude, since there will be skills that are super busted (a flat 10% / 20% increase in all stats), how will they be distributed? Is it just giving skills to Pokemon as you see fit or is there a specific way you'll go about this
Not all skills will be in the Pet Mod, like Aptitude and most experience based skills. However if a skill currently listed cannot be without being busted, it must likely will be removed, unless certain adjustments can be made.

With Galeforce, it'll keep the main concept in both games, which is an extra turn is granted after defeating an enemy.

Here's my idea for a few skills:
Potent Potion- Healing moves heal for an additional 25% of the Pokemon's HP. Passive.
Life and Death- Increases Attack and Special Attack by 25% and reduces Defense and Special Defense by 25%. Passive.
Lucky Seven- Raises critical hit ratio by 2 stages during the first 7 turns. Passive.
Dragon Fang- Guaranteed critical hit (since crits are 1.5x damage and Dragon Fang is 1.5x damage). Trigger.

Galeforce: Pokemon has an (x)% chance (probably based off of one of their stats or something, Speed maybe?) to be able to take two turns the turn after they defeat an enemy. Either that or an every-so-often trigger.

Astra

talk to me nice
Here's my idea for a few skills:
Potent Potion- Healing moves heal for an additional 25% of the Pokemon's HP. Passive.
Life and Death- Increases Attack and Special Attack by 25% and reduces Defense and Special Defense by 25%. Passive.
Lucky Seven- Raises critical hit ratio by 2 stages during the first 7 turns. Passive.
Dragon Fang- Guaranteed critical hit (since crits are 1.5x damage and Dragon Fang is 1.5x damage). Trigger.
I'll use these, as they are pretty fitting, although I might change them a bit. Not too much though, just so they are not too overpowered.

Galeforce: Pokemon has an (x)% chance (probably based off of one of their stats or something, Speed maybe?) to be able to take two turns the turn after they defeat an enemy. Either that or an every-so-often trigger.
I was thinking for Galeforce to be a passive, but I get what you mean since it's a trigger in Heroes. I'll about it though.

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
Whoa, sounds nice.

Two ideas :
Dragon Ward - When you switch, the new Pokemon will take hits as if it had +2 in Defense and SpD. Trigger.
Quixotic - For both Pokemon : Accuracy +30% and every [X] Turn, the timer for skills goes down by 1. Passive.

Also, how will Point Blank be handled ?
The main purpose of this skill was to make bows able to counter-attack, and i can't think of what it would be like here.

A last question : Could Pokemon team slots be used for the effects of skills like Inspiration ?

Last edited:

Astra

talk to me nice
Whoa, sounds nice.

Two ideas :
Dragon Ward - When you switch, the new Pokemon will take hits as if it had +2 in Defense and SpD. Trigger.
Quixotic - For both Pokemon : Accuracy +30% and every [X] Turn, the timer for skills goes down by 1. Passive.

Also, how will Point Blank be handled ?
The main purpose of this skill was to make bows able to counter-attack, and i can't think of what it would be like here.

A last question : Could Pokemon slots be used for skills like Inspiration ?
I was actually stuck on what to do with Dragon Ward, I'll use that, along with Quixotic. Thank you!
I just thought Point Blank might've had something, I just didn't know what.
I'm still thinking about skills like Inspiration, I may add them in the future, along with the Rally skills.

The Rally skills could just be Rally Attack, Defense, etc. where they raise the respective stat by x% for 3-5 turns or something. Naturally it'd have to be a command skill like how it is ingame

Astra

talk to me nice
The Rally skills could just be Rally Attack, Defense, etc. where they raise the respective stat by x% for 3-5 turns or something. Naturally it'd have to be a command skill like how it is ingame
It'll feel like a waste of a slot in my opinion though, as you can easily just use Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, and others.
What I was thinking is that it can effect the whole team and you can use it when it's on a Pokemon not in play.

Dunfan

I have an idea of what Point Blank could be... it's just an idea, if it's bad, replace it as you wish :
"If the Pokemon with Point Blank only have 1 offensive move and didn't use it the turn it gets attacked, it can strike back with that move. (Passive)"

Of course, that wouldn't work if the Pokemon with Point Blank is under Substitute or uses a move like Protect.

( The bad coverage of having only one offensive move is a reference to the bad range of Bow, and the skill itself is a reference to Close Counter, the Fire Emblem Heroes' defensive version of Point Blank )

Also, Beat Up Astra Weavile with a King's Rock would be hell.

Last edited:

Astra

talk to me nice
I have an idea of what Point Blank could be... it's just an idea, if it's bad, replace it as you wish :
"If the Pokemon with Point Blank only have 1 offensive move and didn't use it the turn it gets attacked, it can strike back with that move. (Passive)"

Of course, that wouldn't work if the Pokemon with Point Blank is under Substitute or uses a move like Protect.

Also, Beat Up Astra Weavile with a King's Rock would be hell.
Seems like a very situational skill, I myself was thinking of something like
"This Pokemon and the opposing Pokemon's attacks always make contact. (Passive)"
Very situational as well however. Thoughts, guys?

Dunfan

Seems like a very situational skill, I myself was thinking of something like
"This Pokemon and the opposing Pokemon's attacks always make contact. (Passive)"
Very situational as well however. Thoughts, guys?
Sounds more fitting, but sadly, since abilities are replaced by skills, at the end the only use of this skill would be for Rocky Helmet and Spiky Shield/Baneful Bunker... and having your own moves making contact would be just a downside.

Astra

talk to me nice
Sounds more fitting, but sadly, since abilities are replaced by skills, at the end the only use of this skill would be for Rocky Helmet and Spiky Shield/Baneful Bunker... and having your own moves making contact would be just a downside.
Hm, that is true. Let's not make it the biggest priority now though, we can revisit it later.

I'll use these, as they are pretty fitting, although I might change them a bit. Not too much though, just so they are not too overpowered.

I was thinking for Galeforce to be a passive, but I get what you mean since it's a trigger in Heroes. I'll about it though.
The only reason I said Galeforce should be a trigger is because SWEET JESUS it sounds broken otherwise. It's basically Moxie but better. Oh, you revenge killed someone with your DD Dragonite? Get a free Dragon Dance on top of that! Kill someone with a SubSD Terrakion? Free sub and there's nothing you can do about it! It's gotta be a trigger.

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Never played Fire Emblem, but this seems like a really fun Pet Mod.

Zeal: Gives all attacks an extra +1 Crit Ratio

Luck: Basically gives a psuedo Serene Grace, with a 25% boost, rather than 50%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)