PokeEmblem: Where Pokemon meets Fire Emblem (Reworking, New Skills!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, funny I've always been comparing Fire Emblem to Pokémon. This is going to be great!

Some ideas:
Death Blow: If the user attacks 1st, +1 Critical hit ratio.
Rend Heaven: 30% chance of utilizing your opponents stat changes when you attack. ( Only applies when attacking. )
Certain Blow: The user's attack cannot miss if they attack first.
"Type" Breaker: When an opposing Pokémon uses an attack whose type corresponds to a breaker, that attack only has 50% accuracy.

Am I the only one who thinks Pokémon should crossover with Fire Emblem?

Ha, funny I've always been comparing Fire Emblem to Pokémon. This is going to be great!

Some ideas:
Rend Heaven: 30% chance of utilizing your opponents stat changes when you attack. ( Only applies when attacking. )
"Type" Breaker: When an opposing Pokémon uses an attack whose type corresponds to a breaker, that attack only has 50% accuracy.

If we're talking gameplay, Pokémon has more in common with a typical JRPG than it does with Fire Emblem (which is saying something). If we're talking story, its general tone of characters and stuff (tm) is more like Kirby or Touhou than anything (although the two have more in common with each other than they do Pokémon but that's not really relevant).

If we're talking actual crossover crossover kinda deal, then that would be an absolute disaster. Pokémon is really hard to fully reconcile with... anything, let alone Fire Emblem's drastically different tone.

also sorry if I look dumb but is it intentional that the skills from the one slate that was completed before that system was killed off aren't in the skills list? I await answer so metagame discussion can ever occur.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
also sorry if I look dumb but is it intentional that the skills from the one slate that was completed before that system was killed off aren't in the skills list? I await answer so metagame discussion can ever occur.
They are not killed off but rather put aside and will be re-released as the metagame and amount of skills grow (and you don't look dumb at all, although if you asked something like what's Pokemon I might've questioned you).

Some ideas:

Trigger skills, like Rend Heaven, have a turn counter in order to make things less random. I would suggest a skill counter of 3 turns for Rend Heaven.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
New Skills!
Aether-2 consecutive hits; First strike uses Sol and second strike uses Luna. Trigger=6.
Iote's Shield-Neutalizes Flying-type weaknesses and resistance. Can be only be used on Flying-types. Passive.
Seal [Stat]-After battle enemy [stat] -1. Does not stack. Passive.
Acrobat-Grants immunity to Ground-type moves and hazards. Passive.

New Skills!
Aether-2 consecutive hits; First strike uses Sol and second strike uses Luna. Trigger=6.
Iote's Shield-Neutalizes Flying-type weaknesses and resistance. Can be only be used on Flying-types. Passive.
Seal [Stat]-After battle enemy [stat] -1. Does not stack. Passive.
Acrobat-Grants immunity to Ground-type moves and hazards. Passive.
What does "after battle" mean? I would assume that it means that the enemy's stat is lowered when the pokemon with Seal [stat] swaps out, but the description doesn't quite make that clear. Aside from that, though, everything looks really good!

Astra

talk to me nice
What does "after battle" mean? I would assume that it means that the enemy's stat is lowered when the pokemon with Seal [stat] swaps out, but the description doesn't quite make that clear. Aside from that, though, everything looks really good!
Sorry about the confusion. by this I mean after the turn is over the effect will apply. So after both Pokemon make their move, Seal [Stat] would apply to the opposing Pokemon.

Astra

talk to me nice
Okay, so I have a new, maybe better approach to this: rather than making this akin to the mainline Fire Emblem games, it would rather be more like Fire Emblem Heroes, as in having A, B, and C skills, a charge up Special, and an Assist, perhaps even player phases, as in one player goes first, then the enemy goes afterward, making it more like Fire Emblem. There's a lot I want to try with the moves, but I might need a crew to discuss it. :S
If I wanted to revise this PetMod, do I only need to ask a mod, or do I have to resubmit everything again in the suggestion forum?

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay, so I have a new, maybe better approach to this: rather than making this akin to the mainline Fire Emblem games, it would rather be more like Fire Emblem Heroes, as in having A, B, and C skills, a charge up Special, and an Assist, perhaps even player phases, as in one player goes first, then the enemy goes afterward, making it more like Fire Emblem. There's a lot I want to try with the moves, but I might need a crew to discuss it. :S
If I wanted to revise this PetMod, do I only need to ask a mod, or do I have to resubmit everything again in the suggestion forum?
You're in luck, a mod is here. I'd say it would need a new thread, as it would take a different approach than the current one. If that was the case it'd most likely need resubmitting. Although if G-Luke has another opinion you might be able to start a new thread without having to resub it.

Astra

talk to me nice
You're in luck, a mod is here. I'd say it would need a new thread, as it would take a different approach than the current one. If that was the case it'd most likely need resubmitting. Although if G-Luke has another opinion you might be able to start a new thread without having to resub it.
Alright, expect a re-submission soon then (unless later stated otherwise)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)