PokeEmblem: Where Pokemon meets Fire Emblem (Reworking, New Skills!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
The only reason I said Galeforce should be a trigger is because SWEET JESUS it sounds broken otherwise. It's basically Moxie but better. Oh, you revenge killed someone with your DD Dragonite? Get a free Dragon Dance on top of that! Kill someone with a SubSD Terrakion? Free sub and there's nothing you can do about it! It's gotta be a trigger.
That is true. Maybe something like it's exclusive to Flying-types? That way it won't be too overpowered, plus Air Superiority would threaten it. We'll see though.
Renewal: User recovers 30% of their max HP every 3 turns.
3 turns seem good, the regular would be disgusting.

That is true. Maybe something like it's exclusive to Flying-types? That way it won't be too overpowered, plus Air Superiority would threaten it. We'll see though.
SUDDENLY: LANDORUS-T
Not to mention Dragonite, Salamence, Gyarados, M-Charizard X, and a ton of other 'mons that would be broken out of their minds with this.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Never played Fire Emblem, but this seems like a really fun Pet Mod.

Zeal: Gives all attacks an extra +1 Crit Ratio

Luck: Basically gives a psuedo Serene Grace, with a 25% boost, rather than 50%
I forgot that Zeal is basically a worse Gamble, since it doesn't have the accuracy drop. +1 critical ratio to all attacks might be too powerful.
I don't recall a skill called luck however. Do you mean another skill? Because there are some skills that can be that like Rightful King, etc.

I forgot that Zeal is basically a worse Gamble, since it doesn't have the accuracy drop. +1 critical ratio to all attacks might be too powerful.
I don't recall a skill called luck however. Do you mean another skill? Because there are some skills that can be that like Rightful King, etc.
maybe luck +4?

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
Some more ideas :
Staff Savant - Healing moves (except HP-draining moves) can be used on a different Pokemon of the team. Passive. (I don't know if it's possible to code it, maybe giving the opportunity to switch, using the move, then switch back ?)
Natural Cover - When fighting under [Grassy/Electric/Misty/Psychic] Terrain, Defense and Special Defense +1, buffs removed when the terrain dissapears. Passive.
Toxic Brew - The opponent can't switch and have -2 evasion for the next turn. Trigger. (sounds not really good, maybe giving it an easy-filled Trigger jauge ?)

Shadowgift: Gives a 30% boost in power to the user's Ghost and Dark moves. Passive. (Also could be a 50% boost to one of these types, whatever is less broken)
Rend Heaven: Adds half of the opponent's relevant offense to the user's when attacking (so if using a physical move, it would use the opponent's attack). Trigger of 4 turns.
Aptitude: When using a move that increases a stat, each stat (excluding Evasion) has a 10% chance of increasing by an additional stage. Passive.
Resist/Immune Status: Wonder Skin and Magic Guard, respectively. Passive.
Armsthrift: 20% chance to not expend PP. Passive.
Vantage: Priority +1. Trigger of 3 turns. (If it was passive and acted like it did in Fire Emblem, it would make some mons unable to be revenge killed and would make a Vantage Wrath Vengeance core overcentralizing)
Iote's Shield: Removes Pokémon's Flying weaknesses. (basically, Delta Stream that only affects the user of the skill) Passive.
Paragon: Simple. (Doubles the user's stat changes) Passive.

And, if Doubles was to ever be considered:
Dual Strike/Guard/Support+: Raises adjacent allies' damage by 30%/ Reduces damage taken by adjacent allies to 70%/ Raises adjacent allies' Critical rate by one stage as long as this Pokémon remains on the field. Passive.

I think that this is a really cool idea!

Last edited:
Vantage - Moves first if health is 50% or under. So Vantage user is still susceptible to normal priority moves. Vantage kind of has the potential to be too overpowered if it goes first before priority moves. Maybe too powerful with Belly Drum?

Otherwise maybe it should be speed increase and not a priority increase...

Wary Fighter - All multi-hit moves will only hit 1 time. Could be good for Substitute users?

Lifetaker- Heals 50% HP after a KO.

Gentilhomme/Demoiselle- Female pokemon's Attack/Special attack is lowered 1 stage when this pokemon switches in. Male for Demoiselle.

Live to Serve- When using healing moves like Wish/Aromatherapy, user also heals 50% on that turn. (So Wish has a chance to heal 100% if user stays in). No effect on suicide healing moves like Healing Wish.

Golembane- Moves deal extra x1.5 damage to Rock/Steel types.

Astra

talk to me nice
Some more ideas :
Staff Savant - Healing moves (except HP-draining moves) can be used on a different Pokemon of the team. Passive. (I don't know if it's possible to code it, maybe giving the opportunity to switch, using the move, then switch back ?)
Natural Cover - When fighting under [Grassy/Electric/Misty/Psychic] Terrain, Defense and Special Defense +1, buffs removed when the terrain dissapears. Passive.
Toxic Brew - The opponent can't switch and have -2 evasion for the next turn. Trigger. (sounds not really good, maybe giving it an easy-filled Trigger jauge ?)
Shadowgift: Gives a 30% boost in power to the user's Ghost and Dark moves. Passive. (Also could be a 50% boost to one of these types, whatever is less broken)
Rend Heaven: Adds half of the opponent's relevant offense to the user's when attacking (so if using a physical move, it would use the opponent's attack). Trigger of 4 turns.
Aptitude: When using a move that increases a stat, each stat (excluding Evasion) has a 10% chance of increasing by an additional stage. Passive.
Resist/Immune Status: Wonder Skin and Magic Guard, respectively. Passive.
Armsthrift: 20% chance to not expend PP. Passive.
Vantage: Priority +1. Trigger of 3 turns. (If it was passive and acted like it did in Fire Emblem, it would make some mons unable to be revenge killed and would make a Vantage Wrath Vengeance core overcentralizing)
Iote's Shield: Removes Pokémon's Flying weaknesses. (basically, Delta Stream that only affects the user of the skill) Passive.
Paragon: Simple. (Doubles the user's stat changes) Passive.

And, if Doubles was to ever be considered:
Dual Strike/Guard/Support+: Raises adjacent allies' damage by 30%/ Reduces damage taken by adjacent allies to 70%/ Raises adjacent allies' Critical rate by one stage as long as this Pokémon remains on the field. Passive.

I think that this is a really cool idea!
Vantage - Moves first if health is 50% or under. So Vantage user is still susceptible to normal priority moves. Vantage kind of has the potential to be too overpowered if it goes first before priority moves. Maybe too powerful with Belly Drum?

Otherwise maybe it should be speed increase and not a priority increase...

Wary Fighter - All multi-hit moves will only hit 1 time. Could be good for Substitute users?

Lifetaker- Heals 50% HP after a KO.

Gentilhomme/Demoiselle- Female pokemon's Attack/Special attack is lowered 1 stage when this pokemon switches in. Male for Demoiselle.

Live to Serve- When using healing moves like Wish/Aromatherapy, user also heals 50% on that turn. (So Wish has a chance to heal 100% if user stays in). No effect on suicide healing moves like Healing Wish.

Golembane- Moves deal extra x1.5 damage to Rock/Steel types.
Shove- Use a typeless physical 30 power attack to force the opponent out; priority -6. Command.
I'll use some of these, thank you for your contribution!

Armored Blow - If the Pokémon goes first, takes attacks as if it has +2 Defense.
Warding Blow - See above, but it's for Special Attacks.
Quick Draw - If the Pokémon goes first, deals damage as if it has +1 in either Attacking stat.
Certain Blow - Accuracy is treated as +1 if Pokémon goes first.
Death Blow - Increased crit ratio if Pokémon goes first.
Duelist's Blow - Evasion is treated as +1 if Pokémon goes first..

Astra - The Pokémon's next attacking move will have 1/4 BP and lose its effect but hit 5 times. (Trigger (=5?))
Underdog - If the Pokémon is NFE and the opponent is not, the Pokémon gains +1 accuracy, Defense, and Special Defense. Buffs removed when the opponent switches out. (Passive)
Wary Fighter - All moves directly targeting the Pokémon have no more than stage 0 priority. (Passive)
Trample - The Pokémon deals 1.2* damage to targets weighing 50 kg (110 lbs) or less. (Passive)
Warp - For the duration of the turn, the user becomes semi-invulnerable (à la Shadow Force). At the end of the turn, the user switches out. (Command)
Acrobat - The Pokémon is impervious to hazards. (Passive)
Wyrmsbane - If this Pokemon is up against a Dragon-type Pokémon, grants +1 to Attack and Special Attack and critical ratio +1. Buffs removed when opposing Pokémon switches out. (Passive)
Limit Breaker - If a Pokémon's stat has 252 EVs of investment, the stat's base value is increased by 10. (Passive)

Last edited:
Shadowgift - Ghost-type moves do x1.5 more damage. (Passive)
I know it gives access to Dark magic in FE, but Shadow is generally associated with the Ghost-type in Pokemon. It's similar to Steelworker either way.
Dancing Blade - Speed +2, Defense -1 (Passive)
Lethality - Instantly KOs the opponent. (Trigger = 8)
Underdog - Accuracy +1 and Evasion +1 if opponent is a higher level than you. (Passive)

Last edited:
Counter - Trigger - returns half physical damage taken in that turn on the attacker. Trigger: 4

Countermagic - Trigger - see above, but for Special moves. Trigger: 4

Trample - +1 Atk and Sp.Atk if the opponent is grounded. Passive

Relief - if the user takes no damage for a turn, heals 30% HP. Sandstorm, Burn, Life Orb and Substitute count. Passive

Awakening - +1 Speed, Attack and Special Attack if the user has below 30% HP. Passive.

I love Pokémon and I love Fire Emblem, so this mod makes me very happy.

Foreign Princess: If the opponent is of a different region (variants included) than the user, opponent has Atk, Def, SpA, and SpD -1. Passive.

Healtouch: Restore an extra 10% of HP when using HP-restoring moves. Passive.

Conquest: Removes user's Steel weaknesses. Passive.

Spendthrift: Turn is resolved as if the user has all stats (excluding evasion) +1. Trigger after Pay Day and Happy Hour.

Nohrian Trust: Can activate the trigger skills of allies, but trigger counter +1. Passive.

Strong Riposte/Quick Draw: Attacks deal 1.3* damage if user goes last/first. Passive.

Last edited:

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
And even more :

Opportunity Shot - "At the start of the user's turn, if the move in slot 1 is an offensive move, it will use it, but with halved accuracy. (passive)" or "At the start of the user's turn, if the move in slot 1 is an offensive move, it will have 50% chance of using it. (passive)"

Survey - "If the user have Opportunity Shot, the bonus move won't have it's accuracy halved. (passive)" or "If the user have Opportunity Shot, the bonus move will have 100% chance of being used, instead of 50%. (passive)"

Rifled Barrel - "You can chose which move will be used with Opportunity Shot instead of always choosing the one in the first slot. (passive)"

Surefooted - "When a Pokemon with Opportunity Shot is enters the battle, it uses the bonus move immediately but can't use it at the start of the next turn. (passive)"

I realize how unsuitable was my version of Point Blank. So i thought this may be better.
I hope this won't be as bad as my other ideas.

And even more :

Opportunity Shot - "At the start of the user's turn, if the move in slot 1 is an offensive move, it will use it, but with halved accuracy. (passive)" or "At the start of the user's turn, if the move in slot 1 is an offensive move, it will have 50% chance of using it. (passive)"

Survey - "If the user have Opportunity Shot, the bonus move won't have it's accuracy halved. (passive)" or "If the user have Opportunity Shot, the bonus move will have 100% chance of being used, instead of 50%. (passive)"

Rifled Barrel - "You can chose which move will be used with Opportunity Shot instead of always choosing the one in the first slot. (passive)"

Surefooted - "When a Pokemon with Opportunity Shot is enters the battle, it uses the bonus move immediately but can't use it at the start of the next turn. (passive)"

I realize how unsuitable was my version of Point Blank. So i thought this may be better.
I hope this won't be as bad as my other ideas.
For this, I would make Opportunity Shot a trigger skill (every 3 turns) and halve the move's power instead of accuracy. Survey could reduce the trigger to 2 and slightly boost power (from .5* to .75*) and Surefooted would activate it automatically on switch in and reset the trigger counter.

Last edited:
Sol- User restores 50% of damage dealt. Trigger of 4 turns.

Luna- User attacks opponent as if opponent's Defense and Special Defense -2. Trigger of 4 turns.

Aether- User attacks twice, using both Sol and Luna. Cannot be used with Sol or Luna. Trigger of 5 turns.

(stat)taker- If the user knocks out an opponent with an offensive move, the user's Attack/Defense/Special Attack/Special Defense/Speed is raised by 1 stage. Passive.

Skilltaker- If the user knocks out an opponent with an offensive move, the user's trigger skill timers will be reduced by 1. Passive.

Lucktaker- If the user knocks out an opponent with an offensive move, the user's critical ratio will increase by 1. Does not stack. Passive.

Heavy Blade- Attack +2, Speed -1. Passive.

Self-Destruct- If the user is under 1/2 HP, can use a 200BP typeless physical move that ignores all stat boosts and KO's the user. Command.

Would command skills be usable when choice-locked into another move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)