Pokemon Restyle

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Voting time! Have been extremely busy this week and forgot to update this, sorry!

Blastoise: Regenerator -> Magic Bounce
Venusaur: Filter
Mega Venusaur: Adaptability

Charizard: Multiscale
Mega Charizard X: Levitate
Mega Charizard Y: Flash Fire
Blastoise: Regenerator -> Intimidate
Venusaur: Intimidate -> Mold Breaker
Charizard: Defiant -> Levitate (X) or Sheer Force (Y)
Blastoise: Intimidate -> Rough Skin
Venusaur: Magic Bounce -> Adaptability
Charizard: Frisk -> Levitate (X) / Pixilate (Y)
Blastoise: MagicGuard -> MultiScale
guaranteed multiscale once, magic guard helps with switching in and out
Venusaur: Regenerator -> Shear force
staying non mega-d with out passive recovery can be a problem, shearforce helps with special power.
Charizard: Regenerator -> Levitate (X)/ Pixilate (Y)
regenerator helps with passive damage from mind games. levitate is obvious, Pixilate will give Y decent power while preventing it's coverage from boosting.
Vote like this, you can put reason after the votes if you want:

Venusaur: Name
Charizard: Name
Blastoise: Name

Last edited:

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Venusaur: Snaquaza
Charizard: Snaquaza
Blastoise: Phione
Closing in a day, so make sure your vote counts! To be updated when you can vote or when someone posts, watch the thread!

Snaquaza

KACAW
Winners are decided!
Venusaur: Filter -> Adaptability
Charizard: Frisk -> Levitate (X) / Pixilate (Y)
Blastoise: Regenerator -> Magic Bounce

We'll now move forward to stats discussion. Some points to discuss
- Which stats need to be emphasized?
- Which benchmarks should be hit? How much should a stat be emphasized?
- Which stats aren't useful to the concept?
- What is the lowest a stat should be?

canno

formerly The Reptile
I think this is a good point to decide which mons should be special / physically oriented.

I'm not quite sure which way we should go, but physical Blastoise would be neat due to the potential of having Knock Off or Sucker Punch - in other words, it has more utility options over special which only has Dark Pulse and maybe Night Daze (I doubt we'll give it that even if we go Special though). Yes, unless we give it Gunk Shot its Poison STAB is kind of hampered, but the Poison STAB is largely irrelevant honestly/

Im thinking maybe buff M-Char X in terms of bulk quite alot and lower his speed a considerable amount, so that he can use bulky will o wisp sets more effectively, and at the same time not make dragon dance sets overpowered, since any stat that you boost outside of special attack will make ddance sets possibly broken. For Y i would say buff his special defense to 120 and speed to something like 110? Not too sure. For Blastoise we need to buff its defenses and make it a physical attacker, maybe lower its speed too since that makes aqua jet a viable option. For Venu i say we make base form pretty bulky but the Mega should be slightly frail, im not saying frail as in sharpedo frail, id say around the 70s as for the defenses and make it a really powerful mixed attacker with something like 120 speed (ok i might have exaggerated a little but you get my point).

I think Venusaur should be more physically bulky, and have more SpA that Atk. Granted, imagining a Venusaur using Brave Bird is funny, but the recoil hurts it. That, and special Ground STAB seems cool.

M-Char X is definitely going to be a bulky attacker, which makes having it being specially oriented good as the best physical Fire move, Flare Blitz, has recoil. The Steel STAB doesn't really matter since Iron Head has the same BP as Flash Cannon. M-Char Y, on the other hand, can be a fast mixed attacker to contrast with X. Regular Char though can be a physical setup sweeper with DD or SD.

Yeah Blastoise should definitely be a physical attacker, and give it good special defense too seeing as how most ghost types are special attackers.

Blastoise is a specially bulky phys attacker, no debate there

Anyone else think we should maybe make MegaVenu a glass cannon, at least specially? I mean we've had it be bulky for most of the match and it has worn down everything to OHKO range by now, so it won't be using that ~70s bulk except against like literally Weavile and Talon. Plus, we do want SOME things to counter Venu.

Snaquaza

KACAW
So I suppose we're going to submit a whole new stat spread? Do we need to keep the BST?
You can submit a whole new stat spread and you don't need to keep any base stat or the BST. Be aware that OP / Strange spread will likely not be picked or even might be veto'd.

Venusaur:
95/60/105/90/120/65 (535)

Mega Venusaur:
95/120/75/130/90/125 (635)
--/+60/-30/+40/-30/+60

The concept pretty much requires a M-Diancie level stat change when it mega evolves. Regular forme's bulk is good, the only unboosted special attacks that can gauranteed 2HKO it are M-Ampharos and Specs Magnezone's Thunderbolt. In Mega forme, STAB Adaptability Ground- and Fairy-type moves hit hard, even if you pour all of the investments into bulk, and by lategame everything's weakened so it'd be easy to clean up.

Charizard:
70/115/80/90/80/100 (535)

Mega Charizard X:
70/115/110/135/115/90 (635)
--/--/+30/+45/+35/-10

Mega Charizard Y:
70/145/80/145/80/115 (635)
--/+30/--/+55/--/+15

Basic stuff, regular forme has decent speed and attack to setup and sweep, X Mega is bulky but slower, and has slightly higher SpD because, well, will-o-wisp takes care of physical attackers. Y Mega is fast and powerful, but has absolutely zero bulk increase.

Blastoise:
80/100/110/70/125/50 (535)

Mega Blastoise:
80/125/165/70/145/50 (635)
--/+25/+55/--/+20/--

Regular forme can take hits from spinblockers well, especially with black sludge. Well, except for Golurk, but eh that's from NU. 100 Atk is enough to power these Knock Offs. For the Mega, it's more focused on making sure setters can't lay another layer of hazards once it's gone, so I buffed its Def by quite a lot to let it tank the setters better.

... I suck at writing reasonings.

Snaquaza

KACAW
Venusaur: 90 / 50 / 140 / 50 / 140 / 65 (535)
Venusaur-Mega: 90 / 140 / 65 / 165 / 65 / 115 (635)
These stats might seem a little min-maxed, but I feel that's optimal for this Pokemon. The stats aren't so low it isn't believable either. Anyway, I wanted the normal Venusaur form to have great defenses, so it can invest in Speed without being unable to sponge hits. It also needed to have very low offensive stats to prevent a bulky boosting set that doesn't mega evolve at all from being too good. It should be very hard for it to set up sweep with these offenses.

After it has mega-evolved it gets high Speed, so it can actually outspeed things without just being revenge killed while sweeping. That said its speed isn't too high either so it can actually be revenged prior, so you'll have to watch out when you evolve and make sure all faster threats have been removed. The offenses are high, but not extremely high (Say, Heracross Mega) to be able to sweep well after a boost, but not be so strong that it becomes OP, especially with Adaptability and great STAB coverage. The defenses were raised to 65 to complete the +100 stat boost, but it shouldn't be able to survive more than one hit, but have enough bulk for that one hit so that it can mega evolve without dying immediately. Special Attack is preferred since those attacks are more reliable.

About the Movepool, with these stats it'll be important not to give it healing, since then the base form would be too good by itself. We shouldn't give it supportive moves either.

Blastoise and Charizard coming soon.

Blastoise:

80/103/90/85/135/45(538)

I tried not to make blastoises bst go too far away from 530. It's just a specially defensive physical attacker, thats all. I tried not to make it too op with its stats and gave it a terrible 45 speed, while as we dont want it to rub special sets and forget that it was based on spinning, I gave it low special attack. The specia defense is just there for spinblockers (who are usuaaly special) and thats all, pretty much.

Mega blastoise:

80/133/120/80/165/60(638)
+30 +30 -5+30 +15

It may seem a bit OP here, but most megas are (somewhat). I gave it a buff to all its stats that can be buffed except special attack (he doesnt even need that anyway). I raised the defense to respectable levels to wall some Pokemon, but not too much. I raised the speed just for a filler as I needed to raise its bst by 100 and sometimes, the speed may come in useful! Again, I decided to go on the fact that it should be a specially defensive physical attacker, and you can see what the special defense became like that....

I'll do the other two later

Not submitting because I like Snaq's Venu and zerobreaker's everything else. Not sure I could do anything better than theirs.

Venusaur(80/50/130/80/110/60)=510

Venusaur's stat spread reflects a bulky physical wall, unlike Togekiss, the other Fairy/Flying Pokémon. It also doesn't have that high offensive stats or speed. Not much about this, Venusaur should have a pretty decent supportive movepool so it really doesn't need to rely on its offensive stats to actually do some job, even if it is just Toxic and Leech Seed. Also Snaq even without Roost or whatever reliable recovery it can pull Crocune pretty decently.

M-Venusaur(80/100/70/140/70/150)=610

Having Adaptability and a amazing STAB coverage M- Venusaur could prove to be a threat. I decided to give it really high speed so that it doesn't have to run much Speed investment to outrun threats (Specially we give it a Speed boosting move, which I dought). Being special means he can be hardwalled by Blissey but can still hit her with a Adapt bosted EQ if needed. Special movepool should be very limited btw.

Charizard(100/100/70/60/100/90)=520

Charizard is a though one, I decided to make him a poor D-Nite that can also be used defensively with not horrible 100/70/100 bulk with Will-O-Wisp, by itself it is versatile but its true power lies in its megas. It has a lot of shortcomings.

M- Charizard X(100/100/100/100/140/80)=620

Zard X is the same as regular zard but with most of its shortcomings fixed. With 100/100/140 defensed zard is sturdy wall with some really cool key resists and immunities. It can also pull a special attacking set or a bulky DD set, effectively this is base zard with more power, defenses and different counters, don't try to switch Azumarill to a +1 Iron Tail, it will hurt.

M- Charizard Y(100/130/70/100/110/110)=620

Zard Y on the other hand is a physical sweeper that can pretty easily take advantage of any movepool with a Quick Attack ( or E-speed) and a boosting move, it also helps that Flare Blitz nails steels pretty easily and that it still has a usable special attack stat, it can still make use of its special defense and will o wisp to run a mono attacking set, though, not advised.

Blastoise(80/86/112/70/112/70)=530

Base Blastoise is a powerfull mon defensive wise, even without much defenses it can still spin without much need to worry about being hit as it has Regenerator to back it up, it doesn't show much offensive prowess but can pick mons off with a koff or Sucker Punch, even Gunk Shot!

M- Blastoise(80/150/145/70/145/50)=630

M- Blastoise is where things get heated, first 150 attacks makes him a beast, specially if it has Koff and Sucker Punch, second 80/145/145 bulk is nothing to laugh at. I could see this very much being the doom for ghost types specially if he gets Pursuit, also give him Eq, k thanks bye.

Isn't that kind of offensive stats too much for Mega Venusaur? People can and probably would just run an all-out attacker mega, not mega-evolving when the time is right.

Snaquaza

KACAW
Well, you can vote now. I kept it open for really long, hoping for more responses, but to no avail. Lets get voting.

Venusaur(80/50/130/80/110/60)=510

Venusaur's stat spread reflects a bulky physical wall, unlike Togekiss, the other Fairy/Flying Pokémon. It also doesn't have that high offensive stats or speed. Not much about this, Venusaur should have a pretty decent supportive movepool so it really doesn't need to rely on its offensive stats to actually do some job, even if it is just Toxic and Leech Seed. Also Snaq even without Roost or whatever reliable recovery it can pull Crocune pretty decently.

M-Venusaur(80/100/70/140/70/150)=610

Having Adaptability and a amazing STAB coverage M- Venusaur could prove to be a threat. I decided to give it really high speed so that it doesn't have to run much Speed investment to outrun threats (Specially we give it a Speed boosting move, which I dought). Being special means he can be hardwalled by Blissey but can still hit her with a Adapt bosted EQ if needed. Special movepool should be very limited btw.

Charizard(100/100/70/60/100/90)=520

Charizard is a though one, I decided to make him a poor D-Nite that can also be used defensively with not horrible 100/70/100 bulk with Will-O-Wisp, by itself it is versatile but its true power lies in its megas. It has a lot of shortcomings.

M- Charizard X(100/100/100/100/140/80)=620

Zard X is the same as regular zard but with most of its shortcomings fixed. With 100/100/140 defensed zard is sturdy wall with some really cool key resists and immunities. It can also pull a special attacking set or a bulky DD set, effectively this is base zard with more power, defenses and different counters, don't try to switch Azumarill to a +1 Iron Tail, it will hurt.

M- Charizard Y(100/130/70/100/110/110)=620

Zard Y on the other hand is a physical sweeper that can pretty easily take advantage of any movepool with a Quick Attack ( or E-speed) and a boosting move, it also helps that Flare Blitz nails steels pretty easily and that it still has a usable special attack stat, it can still make use of its special defense and will o wisp to run a mono attacking set, though, not advised.

Blastoise(80/86/112/70/112/70)=530

Base Blastoise is a powerfull mon defensive wise, even without much defenses it can still spin without much need to worry about being hit as it has Regenerator to back it up, it doesn't show much offensive prowess but can pick mons off with a koff or Sucker Punch, even Gunk Shot!

M- Blastoise(80/150/145/70/145/50)=630

M- Blastoise is where things get heated, first 150 attacks makes him a beast, specially if it has Koff and Sucker Punch, second 80/145/145 bulk is nothing to laugh at. I could see this very much being the doom for ghost types specially if he gets Pursuit, also give him Eq, k thanks bye.
Blastoise:

80/103/90/85/135/45(538)

I tried not to make blastoises bst go too far away from 530. It's just a specially defensive physical attacker, thats all. I tried not to make it too op with its stats and gave it a terrible 45 speed, while as we dont want it to rub special sets and forget that it was based on spinning, I gave it low special attack. The specia defense is just there for spinblockers (who are usuaaly special) and thats all, pretty much.

Mega blastoise:

+30 +30 -5+30 +15

It may seem a bit OP here, but most megas are (somewhat). I gave it a buff to all its stats that can be buffed except special attack (he doesnt even need that anyway). I raised the defense to respectable levels to wall some Pokemon, but not too much. I raised the speed just for a filler as I needed to raise its bst by 100 and sometimes, the speed may come in useful! Again, I decided to go on the fact that it should be a specially defensive physical attacker, and you can see what the special defense became like that....

Blastoise:

80/103/90/85/135/45(538)

Mega blastoise:

+30 +30 -5+30 +15

These stats might seem a little min-maxed, but I feel that's optimal for this Pokemon. The stats aren't so low it isn't believable either. Anyway, I wanted the normal Venusaur form to have great defenses, so it can invest in Speed without being unable to sponge hits. It also needed to have very low offensive stats to prevent a bulky boosting set that doesn't mega evolve at all from being too good. It should be very hard for it to set up sweep with these offenses.

After it has mega-evolved it gets high Speed, so it can actually outspeed things without just being revenge killed while sweeping. That said its speed isn't too high either so it can actually be revenged prior, so you'll have to watch out when you evolve and make sure all faster threats have been removed. The offenses are high, but not extremely high (Say, Heracross Mega) to be able to sweep well after a boost, but not be so strong that it becomes OP, especially with Adaptability and great STAB coverage. The defenses were raised to 65 to complete the +100 stat boost, but it shouldn't be able to survive more than one hit, but have enough bulk for that one hit so that it can mega evolve without dying immediately. Special Attack is preferred since those attacks are more reliable.

About the Movepool, with these stats it'll be important not to give it healing, since then the base form would be too good by itself. We shouldn't give it supportive moves either.

Blastoise and Charizard coming soon.
Venusaur:
95/60/105/90/120/65 (535)

Mega Venusaur:
95/120/75/130/90/125 (635)
--/+60/-30/+40/-30/+60

The concept pretty much requires a M-Diancie level stat change when it mega evolves. Regular forme's bulk is good, the only unboosted special attacks that can gauranteed 2HKO it are M-Ampharos and Specs Magnezone's Thunderbolt. In Mega forme, STAB Adaptability Ground- and Fairy-type moves hit hard, even if you pour all of the investments into bulk, and by lategame everything's weakened so it'd be easy to clean up.

Charizard:
70/115/80/90/80/100 (535)

Mega Charizard X:
70/115/110/135/115/90 (635)
--/--/+30/+45/+35/-10

Mega Charizard Y:
70/145/80/145/80/115 (635)
--/+30/--/+55/--/+15

Basic stuff, regular forme has decent speed and attack to setup and sweep, X Mega is bulky but slower, and has slightly higher SpD because, well, will-o-wisp takes care of physical attackers. Y Mega is fast and powerful, but has absolutely zero bulk increase.

Blastoise:
80/100/110/70/125/50 (535)

Mega Blastoise:
80/125/165/70/145/50 (635)
--/+25/+55/--/+20/--

Regular forme can take hits from spinblockers well, especially with black sludge. Well, except for Golurk, but eh that's from NU. 100 Atk is enough to power these Knock Offs. For the Mega, it's more focused on making sure setters can't lay another layer of hazards once it's gone, so I buffed its Def by quite a lot to let it tank the setters better.

... I suck at writing reasonings.
These are the options, vote by doing.
Venusaur:
Blastoise:
Charizard:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)