Pokemon Showdown Social Media Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zodiax

not this
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
Hi there,

I thought I'd give a little introduction as The Smog staff probably don't know me. I was a writer for The Player when it was a forum and mostly did Articles about rooms.

As The Player has now merged with The Smog I wanted to write about the new room "Social Media". The room has been recently revived and is packed with activities for example Weekly Streams. I wanted to write an article about this room so we can get some recognition for the hard word the Staff and I have put into this and just show what we can do as a room for the community.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Can you give a little overview of what you want to write? One of the biggest reasons The Player struggled was the fact that room articles never had much content, so I'd like to see something more substantial here if we're gonna approve this.

Zodiax

not this
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
Sure thing.

Basically some stuff I wanted to cover in this article are:
  • Room Activities - Many of the activities not only come the from staff of the room but they also come from the many regular users Social Media attracts. People like to stream their tournaments into the room and some even do giveaways at the end of them
  • How the room can improve the community - We like to encourage users in the room that even though Social Media is exciting, it can be a dangerous place so we as a room are trying to make users aware of the issues about sharing your personal information online and how to make it a safer and better place. I feel that this should be a huge chunk of the article as many of the users who visit the room are around the early teen mark who are trying out social media for the first time
  • The plans for the future - As this room is quite new (even though it is a revival) there is obviously room for improvement in a lot of areas. I want to share with people who read the article on what we will do to take a brighter step for the room.

What specific room activities are we talking about here, since right now this article seems pretty barren and like a simple advertisement for the room. Maybe you could also try talking about the connections with Smogon social media (if there are any) to appeal to the readers who don't use PS within The Smog?

Zodiax

not this
I did PM you on PS antemortem about this so you must of missed it but I'll say it here so the other Smog Staff can see.

We're finalising some new stuff for the room and is currently in discussion. I would still like to write this article but in the future when everything is implemented and I have more material to write about.

So for the time being could you lock this thread and I could make a new one when everything is done? Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)