Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Honestly, the best support for this in the absence of a good LDE user is a well Candied/SB'd Mewtwo, simply because it has the most consistent and high damage (3.6x at SL5 off 130 AP for comboing too).
I regret not grinding PSB coin stages now. My Mewtwo is stuck at SL1 and I don't want to use my SBs. I'm hoping to get Meloetta to SL3 and Ho-Oh to SL2 before they end.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
New Content
Shiny Tyranitar for Free
New Survival Mode replacing the old one
10,000 Coins, 30 Hearts
Shiny Mega Tyranitar Competition (Bring Butterfree)
Entei Great Challenge (Drops PSB's, RML's)

Returning Content
Kyurem EB
Entei Great Challenge (Drops PSB's, RML's)
Hitmonchan Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)

Future Content
Mega Charizard X Competition (Bring Goodra)
Suicune Great Challenge (Drops PSB's, RML's)
Tapu Koko Great Challenge
Goodra Great Challenge (Drops PSB's, SBS)
Regice Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Daily Pokémon #2 (Drops Coins)
Great Challenge Daily Pokémon [Hoopa-Confined, Winking Wigglytuff, Winking Togekiss, Wailord, Keldeo, Greninja, Omastar] (Drops PSB's)
Start of Month Challenge [RANDOM: Audino (3× Mega Speedup) / Bulbasaur (1× Skill Booster L) / Charmander (2× Mega Speedup) / Squirtle (5,000× Coin) / Espurr (10× Heart)] (Once per period, up to four jewels for four more attempts, can only fight each once)
---
Tapu Lele Great Challenge

Event Pokémon
Shiny Tyranitar: Base 80 Dark-type w/ Barrier Shot.
Mega Shiny Tyranitar: 12 icons, 8 speedups, Erases up to 10 barrier-covered Pokémon/disruptions and deals damage.
Tapu Koko: Base 70 Electric-type w/ Eject++.

EB Prizes
Lv30: 1× Time +10
Lv40: 1× Disruption Delay
Lv50: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv60: 2× Exp. Booster S
Lv70: 1× Skill Swapper
Lv80: 1× Exp. Booster L
Lv90: 1× Mega Start
Lv100: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv125: 1× Skill Booster S
Lv150: 2× Raise Max Level
Lv175: 1× Skill Booster S
Lv200: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv250: 3× Raise Max Level
Lv275: 2× Mega Speedup
Lv300: 4× Raise Max Level

All done.

Last edited:
The content barrage continues. Escalation Battle this week (so glad I SL'd Regirock to 4 at least), and Goodra (more Unity Power for Dragon EB's and maybe Zygarde-C PSB grinding) for coins next week. Gotta get far as I can in this EB this week. Also reddit mentions some kind of "Great Challenge" Dailies with some mons like Greninja and Hoopa dropping PSB's. 2 competitions also vying for spending.

Hopefully the Boss stages aren't too overpriced on this EB, I could really use the RML's, but I need to keep the coffers full after Meloetta for next week.

I went to SL3 with Meloetta, who'll hopefully be useful this EB. I have Heatran and Regirock at LDE SL4, so they should be useful (though it looks like the later stages got some massive buffs). Conkeldurr at SL3 might also help with the competition.

I miss the days when I had time to grind mons at Ampharos, now it's all Magearna/Victini.

I think I'll be calling this EB at 250 for the RML's. Goodra next week, and I want to both grind coins for that and try to get some PSB grinding in for Conkelduur to continue my LDE catch up (no Cookies for Heatran until I finish Regirock or Dusknoir).

On another note, has anyone had issues with check-in recently? I had no trouble getting the extra data, but the actual check in to receive the 500 Coins (and today's gifts in particular) hasn't been responsive. I get to the sign-in, but then get an error code every time.

I think I'll be calling this EB at 250 for the RML's. Goodra next week, and I want to both grind coins for that and try to get some PSB grinding in for Conkelduur to continue my LDE catch up (no Cookies for Heatran until I finish Regirock or Dusknoir).

On another note, has anyone had issues with check-in recently? I had no trouble getting the extra data, but the actual check in to receive the 500 Coins (and today's gifts in particular) hasn't been responsive. I get to the sign-in, but then get an error code every time.
I'll probably sit back and see how tough 251-300 gets before deciding where to stop. Looks like Goodra will be a good investment after seeing what Ashninja can do with Unity Power. Really wish they'd scale back on events, though, one competition or EB plus a PSB grind is good enough for a week for me...

This EB actually isn't bad. You don't really need C-1 until 300. A team consisting of Mega Houndoom (level 10, no investment), Ho-Oh (level 15, Pyre SL2), Emboar (level 15, Risk-Taker SL4), and Heatran (level 10, LDE SL4) got me through 251-300. As long as you keep Pyre going, or at most drop it once, you'll likely be able to finish the non-boss stages. LDE is helpful for if you drop the combo and the later stages.

I'll probabaly do 275, but I want to put my Coins towards grinding Goodra and I don't have Heatran Cookied for Pyre teams anyway. If I max out Goodra's 100 PSB's early, maybe I'll go back and try to wrap up 300, but my only SE LDE user is Regirock, who doesn't have a Combo ability with enough Support.

New stuff includes

First is a new stage featuring Tapu Koko. This stage will run until August 15th 2017
Next is the start of a new "Start of Month Challenge". For the first three days of each month, you can play one of these stages. You can retry doing it with 1 Jewel. The stage you get is random and you have a special bonus if you beat it. Audino gives 3 Mega Speedup, Bulbasaur a Skill Booster L, Charmander 2 Mega Speedup, Squirtle 5,000 Coins and Espurr 10 Hearts.
There's also a new Great Challenge Daily Pokémon. Each day you'll get access to an old Great Challenge Pokémon. In this batch, Hoopa, Togekiss (Winking), Wigglytuff (Winking), Wailord, Keldeo, Greninja and Omastar
Finally, the stages for Goodra, Regice, and Suicune have begun repeat runs.

Quick tip

If you don't have Ash-Greninja UP maxed, you can grind with the NHN sample they put back in the special shop. 2 Heart timed stage probably will go fast, and 50% for the first and second PSB.

Goodra being 7 days suggests it's the mon for the Charizard-X comp, so all the more reason to grind Unity Power on it.

EDIT: Confirmed, Goodra disrupted, and comp is a C-1 Challenge. Itemless first try with a tapper got me 45k, scores are breaking 600k mark with items. Typical recommendation is Gengar or a Tapper, Goodra, and Dragonite for Dancing Dragons. Zard's Disrupting will remove the stray dragons that they start with.

Last edited:
Mega Gengar, Dragonite, Goodra will get you a pretty nice score (I'm at 502k). You don't even need any investments in Dragonite. I haven't tried with a tapper since I'm not good with them.

Mega Gengar, Dragonite, Goodra will get you a pretty nice score (I'm at 502k). You don't even need any investments in Dragonite. I haven't tried with a tapper since I'm not good with them.
A tapper will yield you better results since you can better control your board (but it's still RNG heavy). Some players have hit over 1 million with TTar, DNite, and Goodra. Their DNites are probably maxed though. My run will probably be Aggron / Dragonite (SL3) / Goodra (will be SL5). My TTar isn't candied but my Aggron is, and 3 taps > 2 so SMRay and Camerupt are not optimal.

How fast is Tyranitar compared to Aggron on Mega Evolving? Given how combo heavy things can get I'm not sure how important its extra 10 AP might be.

Also not the most familiar with the use of tappers for 3-Mon stages. Do I just remove disruptions and then the Mega's own Icon to reduce complexity, or do I leave them to allow more taps with falling icons?

How fast is Tyranitar compared to Aggron on Mega Evolving? Given how combo heavy things can get I'm not sure how important its extra 10 AP might be.

Also not the most familiar with the use of tappers for 3-Mon stages. Do I just remove disruptions and then the Mega's own Icon to reduce complexity, or do I leave them to allow more taps with falling icons?
IIRC, Tyranitar full MSU takes 15 icons to ME, while, Aggron full MSU takes 13. And S-Rayquaza full MSU takes 9

Played M-Char X stage for the first and only time, scoring 585325 points (I'm 99th right now). I don't know if it'll be enough for tier 2, but even a tier 3 placement would be fine. The team was M-Gengar, Dragonite (10, SL2) and Goodra (10, SL4). I went for Gengar because I'm really bad at using tappers :/

Edit: 100th XD

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
New Content
New Main Stages (Mega Abomasnow)
New Expert Stages (Dugtrio)
New RML/SS additions.
Pikachu Safari (Angry, Winking, Enamored, Smiling, MCY)
Celebration Pikachu thing

Returning Content
Alolan Content (Magearna, Alolan Meowth, Oranguru, Passimian)
Meloetta-A EB
Beedrill Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Dialga Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Palkia Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Great Daily Challenge [Kabutops, Pikachu (Happy), Cradily, Armaldo, Groudon, Kyogre, Carracosta, Archeops, Drifblim, Dusknoir, Thundurus (Therian Forme), Tornadus (Therian Forme), Landorus (Therian Forme), Tepig] (Drops PSB's)
Daily Pokémon #3 (Drops Coins)

Future Content
Tapu Lele Great Challenge
Uxie Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Mesprit Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Azelf Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
New Safari (Pikipek, Trumbeak, Deerling Summer, Sawsbuck Summer, Drampa)
Mega Beedrill Competition (FAST MATCH, Bring Meloetta-A)
Daily Pokémon #4 (Drops Coins)

Main / Expert Stage Pokémon
Kricketot: Base 30 Bug-type w/ Daunt.
Bagon: PSB Farmable.
Cryogonal: Base 70 Ice-type w/ Barrier Shot.
Kricketune: Base 50 Bug-type w/ Calm Down.
Croagunk: PSB Farmable.
Shelgon: PSB Farmable.
Basculin-B: Base 60 Water-type w/ Hitting Streak+.
Snover: PSB Farmable.
Toxicroak: PSB Farmable.
Salamence: PSB Farmable.
Hippopotas: PSB Farmable.
Turtwig: Base 50 Grass-type w/ Leaf Combo.
Abomasnow: PSB Farmable.
Cherubi: PSB Farmable.
Buneary: PSB Farmable.
Hippowdon: PSB Farmable.
Cherrim: PSB Farmable.
Grotle: Base 60 Grass-type w/ Shot Out.
Lopunny: PSB Farmable.
Mega Abomasnow: Retired Competition Mega.
Dugtrio: Base 60 Ground-type w/ Block Shot.

Event Pokémon
Mega Charizard Y Pikachu: Base 50 Electric-type w/ Burn.
Tapu Lele: Base 70 Psychic-type w/ Stabilise++.
Pikipek: Base 40 Flying-type w/ Hitting Streak+.
Trumbeak: Base 50 Flying-type w/ Block Smash+.
Deerling-Summer: Base 50 Grass-type w/ .
Sawsbuck-Summer: Base 60 Grass-type w/ .
Drampa: Base 60 Dragon-type w/ Block Smash+.

New RML Additions
Meloetta-A: 10
Victini: 5
Duosion: 5
Gothita: 10
Unown-EX: 10
Slowbro: 5 -> 20
Mewtwo: 10 -> 20
Lugia: 10
Noivern: 10
Unfezant-M: 5
Taillow: 10
Swellow: 5
Swablu: 10
Pidgey: 10
Pidgeotto: 2 -> 5
Braviary: 5
Spearow: 10
Mantine: 5
Regigigas: 20
Audino: 15
Winking Audino: 15
Munchlax: 15
Snorlax: 20
Ursaring: 10
Buneary: 20
Komala: 10
Lickitung: 15
Blissey: 10
Porygon: 10
Porygon2: 10
Porygon-Z: 15
Riolu: 20
Lucario: 5 -> 20
Throh: 5 -> 10
Sawk: 5 -> 10
Medicham: 5 -> 20
Pangoro: 5
Machop: 10
Gligar: 5
Golett: 5
Camerupt: 5
Garchomp: 5
Groudon: 5 -> 20
Kyogre: 5 -> 20
Dialga: 5 -> 10
Palkia: 5 -> 10
Incineroar: 10
Decidueye: 10
Primarina: 10
Typhlosion: 5
Meganium: 5
Feraligatr: 5
Shaymin: 5
Shaymin-S: 5
Ninetales: 5
Beedrill: 3 -> 5
Charmander: 5 -> 20
Bulbasaur: 5 -> 20
Squirtle: 5 -> 20
Uxie: 10
Mesprit: 10
Azelf: 10

New SS Additions
Meloetta-A: Quirky++
Uxie: Flash Mob
Azelf: Flash Mob
Mesprit: Flash Mob
Victini: Last-Ditch Effort
Duosion: Psychic Combo
Gothita: Block Shot
Lugia: Cross Attack+
Noivern: Shot Out
Taillow: Rock Shot
Swellow: Barrier Shot
Swablu: Mega Boost+
Mantine: Flash Mob
Regigigas: Shot Out
Buneary: Sleep Charm
Munchlax: Rock Break++
Snorlax: Try Hard (Occasionally deals great damage)
Chansey: Super Cheer (Guarantees next ability activates)
Blissey: Block Smash++
Porygon: Flash Mob
Porygon2: Cross Attack+
Porygon-Z: Hitting Streak+
Riolu: Mega Boost+
Hitmontop: Block Shot
Gligar: Block Shot
Golett: Rock Shot
Groudon: Barrier Shot
Kyogre: Rock Shot
Typhlosion: Rock Shot
Meganium: Block Shot
Feraligatr: Barrier Shot
Shaymin-S: Block Shot
Ninetales: Burn+
Beedrill: Swap++

EB Prizes
Lv5: 1× Exp. Booster S
Lv10: 2× Exp. Booster S
Lv15: 1× Exp. Booster M
Lv20: 1× Exp. Booster M
Lv25: 1× Skill Booster S
Lv35: 1× Exp. Booster L
Lv50: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv75: 1× Skill Booster M
Lv100: 1× Skill Swapper
Lv125: 2× Mega Speedup
Lv150: 3× Raise Max Level
Lv175: 2× Mega Speedup
Lv200: 5× Raise Max Level

Almost done, just Safari stuffs left.

Last edited:
Well, Meloetta is my cue to finish Dusknoir up with Cookies given the obvious buffs it has gained. Not gonna wait for its stage since I probably can't finish SL5 in that one day anyway. Need to look over the new RML and SS adds, new stages don't likely have anything to pursue for the moment for me.

EDIT: I stand correct, Hippowdon to farm for more LDE users, and Toxicroak for another Poison user if anyone didn't do Gulpin yet.

Last edited:
For the first time in ages, I've completed an escalation battle. For once, it's been a quick and pleasant experience, with no failures on regular stages and no coins wasted. Just in case somebody needs advice, these are the teams/items I used for boss stages:

Megas: Absol (15, 8/8, SL4), Rayquaza (14, 20/20), S-Tyranitar (6, 4/4), Tyranitar (10, 15/15, SL2)
Supports: Yveltal (15, BS+ SL2), Hoopa-U (10, SL5), Dusknoir (12, SL5), Darkrai (10, SL3), Genesect (15, SL4), Zoroark (13, SL2)

25/50: very easy stages, any team can beat these.
75: Absol, Yveltal, Hoopa-U, Dusknoir - Itemless - 2 moves left
100: Rayquaza, Absol, Darkrai, Dusknoir - Itemless - 2 moves left
125: S-Tyranitar, Genesect, Hoopa-U, Dusknoir - Itemless - 1 move left -
This stage actually gave me troubles, I failed it 3 times thanks to RNG (no combos, no LDE activations on mo3, absurdly low damage rolls with RT - and with absurdly low I mean 367 damage on a mo5...). Nonetheless, very doable with just average luck. Maybe bring Diancie instead of Tyranitar for faster mega evolution.
150: Tyranitar, Dusknoir, Darkrai, Hoopa-U - MS, DD, M+5 - 2 moves left - This stage scared me a bit because of the nasty disruption and the progressively lower disruption counter. Luckily, Darkrai did its job after the DD expired, so Meloetta disrupted me only once and I could comfortably finish her with Dusknoir's LDE. If you feel that your team lacks power (especially if you didn't invest in Hoopa-U or Dusknoir) don't be afraid to add an AP+.
175: Tyranitar, Zoroark, Darkrai - C-1, MS, M+5 - 9 moves left - C-1 makes this potentially troublesome stage a walk in the park. If you feel brave, you can probably skip the MS. More skilled players can succeed with the "full items bar C-1" strategy, but I wouldn't recommend it. If you still feel like trying it, remember that it's vital to put Meloetta to sleep after the DD expires, since the stage has really awful disruptions.
200: Tyranitar, Dusknoir, Darkrai, Hoopa-U - All items - 2 moves left - During the first 7-8 turns everything went wrong. The starting board had only 3 unmatchable Tyranitar icons, so cleaning the board took me 4 turns, during which I dealt next to no damage. Moreover, Hoopa-U refused to collaborate (as usual). Luckily, I was able to recover during the second half, thanks to Darkrai (never saw a disruption) and Hoopa-U (2x5000+ damage). Dusknoir delivered the final blow with a mo5.

MVP: Darkrai and Dusknoir ex aequo. Darkrai was super useful to block disruptions during boss stages, while Dusknoir made high-HP stages much more manageable. Investing in Dusknoir (SL4 works fine) is strongly recommended, you won't regret it.

Gone for the past 11 days for vacation. Had a scare when I left my 3DS on the hotel bed, then came back to find it missing. I figured they cleaning ladies just rolled up the duvet to wash and my 3DS got caught in it 'cause they didn't see it. Luckily I told the front desk about it and they got it back for me, otherwise it would've been all that progress gone to waste.

Anyways, Hippowdon is gonna get those RMLs now that the PSB stage is available. Mewtwo will take forever to grind to level 30, though.

For the record, Mewtwo's diminishing returns make me think I won't take him past Level 20 anyway.

Hippowdon is valuable, but its stage evidently has Conkeldurr's terrible drop rates and people haven't found a consistent clear strategy for his PSB stage yet, so I'm waiting until something like that emerges before I pour hearts into him. I'm currently farming Ninetales instead for its new Burn+ skill, with some absurd damage stacking potential for Fire teams and a boosting method that works with the Burst damagers like Emboar, or just more Pyre. Currently doing well with a Candied Diancie for Barriers, then Ash-Ninja/Lando-T/Regirock for Burst damage.

Next Week's gonna have another Safari and a competition in the mix, so be prepared for a lot spending if you still want to min-max. I'm gonna run the Safari, one run of the comp, and then back to coin grinding with everything caught. I hope we get a slow week soon so I have time to grind PSB's on something in the main stages.

August 15th New Content
Mega Beedrill Competition
Pokémon Safari (Pikipek, Trumbeak, Deerling Summer, Sawsbuck Summer, Drampa)
Tapu Lele Ultra Challenge

Returning Content
Daily Pokémon Are Here #4 (Wynaut, Torkoal, Zangoose, Luvdisc, Seviper); drops coins
Oranguru Try 'Em Items Stage
Mesprit A Great Chance a Day! (drops PSBs, RML)
Uxie Great Challenge
Azelf High-Speed Challenge

Future Content
TBD

New Pokémon
Pikipek: Flying-type, 40 BP, Hitting Streak+
Trumbeak: Flying-type, 50 BP, Block Smash+
Deerling Summer: Grass-type, 50 BP, Cross Attack
Sawsbuck Summer: Grass-type, 60 BP, Barrier Shot
Drampa: Dragon-type, 60 BP, Block Smash+

Last edited:
For the record, some of the Safari stages have Blocks, so make sure you either have a Block Smash+ user (is there any Ice type with that?) or bring a Mega that can remove some of them like a Tapper. I recommend the latter since Drampa in turn is Barrier heavy.

Mesprit finally up to SL3 from the Once-a-Day runs, and minor thing, it can also drop coins (I got a 1k Coin present from my run). That plus the RML's might make it useful for Disruption heavy Poisons maybe.

Phew...Tapu Lele caught. Team: M-Tyranitar/Hoopa-U/Absol/Darkrai. All items bar C-1, 7 turns left. Caught with a SCR GB at 61%. Considering the two itemless tries I did to scout the stage, I spent a total of 11400 coins. A bit too much for a Pokemon I'll probably never use, but I'm glad I'm done with it.

For the record, some of the Safari stages have Blocks, so make sure you either have a Block Smash+ user (is there any Ice type with that?) or bring a Mega that can remove some of them like a Tapper. I recommend the latter since Drampa in turn is Barrier heavy.
There's an alternate Snorunt (Holiday, I believe) that has it, or if you invested in Swap++ Regice that's a less consistent option.

Currently ranked 36th in the competition, so I'd say I can move on to grinding up Ninetales (and maybe Zoroark, if he's even useful anymore). Not gonna bother with Azelf and Uxie tbh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)