Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Used NHN on Mewtwo just before work to get it to SL5. Not a bad week overall, got three RMLs from Mewtwo as well and maxed Noivern Shot Out. Now to hope I hold onto top tier in the competition. Was 78th before I left for work :S

September 5th New Content
Type: Null Great Challenge
Tapu Bulu Ultra Challenge (costs 600 coins)
Pikachu (Celebration) Distribution
Great Daily Challenge #6 [(Accelgor, Escavalier, Amoongus, Cresselia, Dialga, Palkia, Infernape); drops PSBs]

Returning Content
Decidueye Escalation Battle (ONLY LASTS ONE WEEK)
Reshiram Great Challenge (drops PSBs; costs 400 coins)
Machamp Great Challenge (drops PSBs; costs 300 coins)
Pokémon Safari #6 [(Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam, Tauros, Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume); drops EXP Boosters]
Special Daily Pokémon #3 [(Togetic, Carbink, Swirlix, Slurpuff, Audino); drops PSBs]

Future Content
TBD

New Pokémon
Tapu Bulu: Grass-type, 70 BP, Block Smash++
Type: Null: Normal-type, 70 BP, Block Off

Level 1: 1× Exp. Booster S
Level 2: 2× Exp. Booster S
Level 3: 1× Exp. Booster M
Level 5: 2× Exp. Booster M
Level 8: 1× Exp. Booster L
Level 13: 1× Skill Booster S
Level 21: 1× Skill Booster S
Level 25: 1× Skill Booster M
Level 50: 1× Raise Max Level
Level 75: 1× Mega Speedup
Level 100: 2× Skill Booster M
Level 110: 1× Skill Swapper
Level 120: 2× Mega Speedups
Level 130: 3× Raise Max Level
Level 140: 1× Skill Booster L
Level 150: 2× Level Up

Last edited:
I just realised I have 99 Mega Speedups in my inventory, wonder how many went to waste... Any suggestions on who to use them on? I maxed out Mewtwo Y, Salamence, Diancie, Heracross, Beedrill, Garchomp, Tyranitar, Shiny Rayquaza, Shiny Mewtwo X, Shiny Gyarados, Aggron, Camerupt, Shiny Diancie, Steelix, Rayquaza, Gengar.

Seems Decidueye is on a tight schedule for us. I'll see how far I can get, and as soon as I fail a Boss stage by a decent margin, I'll put it on hold until Victini/Diancie to level up Noivern before I resume. Already reached level 50 using Shot Out/LDE runs with the free NH.

Not sure if I'd grind more coins or work on SL5 Mewtwo during that interrim.

Eh, I fear I'll have to give up something this week...Machamp's stage costs coins, and both Mewtwo and Decidueye require hearts, preventing me from regaining what I spent on Machamp. Decidueye's prizes are too tempting to pass up (especially the skill booster L), and I've waited for Machamp's stage for months, so in the end I think Mewtwo will have to wait for the next rerun.

I just realised I have 99 Mega Speedups in my inventory, wonder how many went to waste... Any suggestions on who to use them on? I maxed out Mewtwo Y, Salamence, Diancie, Heracross, Beedrill, Garchomp, Tyranitar, Shiny Rayquaza, Shiny Mewtwo X, Shiny Gyarados, Aggron, Camerupt, Shiny Diancie, Steelix, Rayquaza, Gengar.
Mmmh...Honestly, you have already candied the most useful megas, so we're now entering the realm of niche options. Based on my experience, I'd go with:
- Absol: useful against the numerous dark-weak escalations. It has a good clearing pattern, decent power when RMLd and a very good pre-mega ability.
- Ampharos: evolves pretty quickly thanks to Mega Boost and has a decent clearing pattern (although very random). It's also the only mega super-effective against water that I consider worth candying.
- Shiny Tyranitar: a bit outclassed by MB+ Diancie, but adding extra coverage never hurts, and with Barrier Shot it can remove ice even before mega evolving.
- Houndoom: see S-Tyranitar, but with Risk Taker instead of Barrier Shot.
- Glalie: nice SE coverage, useful pre-mega ability and good clearing pattern.

Imho these are probably the best options. You may also consider all those "replace 3 icons" megas (the Hoenn starters, spooky Gengar, Mewtwo X...). I candied a few of them myself, but I don't use them too often.

Will say that with Decidueye back, I realized this most likely means we'll see Incineroar and Primarina again sooner or later. The former is fine since we've still got Ash-Greninja and LDE Regirock, but the latter might still lack for damage options, so consider your options if necessary for Water.

Eh, I fear I'll have to give up something this week...Machamp's stage costs coins, and both Mewtwo and Decidueye require hearts, preventing me from regaining what I spent on Machamp. Decidueye's prizes are too tempting to pass up (especially the skill booster L), and I've waited for Machamp's stage for months, so in the end I think Mewtwo will have to wait for the next rerun.
Do you have Noivern SL'd? Or Meloetta and Hitmonlee? The former allows you to clear Decidueye out very easily and quickly, especially with the NHN, and does well in later boss stages since its consistent high damage to keep costs down (ergo more coins for Machamp) combined with Bee for disruption clearing and Heatran for a strong LDE. The latter two I bring up because they give us other strong Fighting type burst damagers, which might make Machamp easier to skimp on for a little while, whether waiting for an encore or cookies, given he also has a lower SL investment (70 compared to typical 100-120). While he's still doing a lot of work for my team, I can definitely see why people would say he's not a necessity if you have the others leveled.

On another note, how have people found Tapu Bulu? I got lucky on a 20% catch, and thanks to Noivern I didn't need a C-1 for the run (used all other items), but my Noivern was also only Level 10, meaning he was short 35 AP, which is significant with Shot out level multipliers. 2% + 6% per move with 12 initial moves means a Great Ball would guarantee if you finish with 8 of its "natural" moves left, which I could see with AP+ and a maxed Noivern doing 4-6k on a 3-4 match Shot Out.

If you're willing to get into really niche stuff, besides Snorlax's listings above

- Banette: Another combo option for Ghost types, notable with Lunala for Phantom Combo. Might prove more useful than Gengar on certain 4 mon stages?
- Abomasnow: Works well if you like the Cross Attack+ Pokemon, and has SE coverage overlap with two of the prominent ones (Luxray and Lugia), as well as a useful pre-Mega ability with Mind Zap.

Also will mention for the mega Glalies that they have Ice Dance and Freeze+ Support, with Normal Glalie benefiting since its clearing pattern is both combo conducive and good at removing some disruptions over time, and Freeze+ is both a damage booster and dampens further disruptions to allow easier Ice Dance combos. Still niche since you'd probably prefer a tapper and mostly use this in timed stages, but you seem to have MSU's to burn and have already candied the important/semi-important megas.

Do you have Noivern SL'd? Or Meloetta and Hitmonlee? The former allows you to clear Decidueye out very easily and quickly, especially with the NHN, and does well in later boss stages since its consistent high damage to keep costs down (ergo more coins for Machamp) combined with Bee for disruption clearing and Heatran for a strong LDE. The latter two I bring up because they give us other strong Fighting type burst damagers, which might make Machamp easier to skimp on for a little while, whether waiting for an encore or cookies, given he also has a lower SL investment (70 compared to typical 100-120). While he's still doing a lot of work for my team, I can definitely see why people would say he's not a necessity if you have the others leveled.
Noivern is at lvl 15 and SL5, so I sholud be able to beat Decidueye without spending too much (are the late boss stages beatable without C-1?). On the other hand, Meloetta and Hitmonlee are both far from perfect (Meloetta lvl 7 and SL3, Hitmonlee lvl 10 not Skill Swapped), so Machamp is still my main fighting-type attacker.

On another note, how have people found Tapu Bulu? I got lucky on a 20% catch, and thanks to Noivern I didn't need a C-1 for the run (used all other items), but my Noivern was also only Level 10, meaning he was short 35 AP, which is significant with Shot out level multipliers. 2% + 6% per move with 12 initial moves means a Great Ball would guarantee if you finish with 8 of its "natural" moves left, which I could see with AP+ and a maxed Noivern doing 4-6k on a 3-4 match Shot Out.
With Tapu Bulu I had unbelievable luck. I went in with M-Beedrill, Noivern, Leavanny (for blocks) and Articuno (for reliable damage). I used AP+, DD and M+5 and won with 12 moves left. The starting board was pretty bad, but I still had the chanche to evolve Beedrill immediately. The removal of a block caused by Block Smash led to a second Beedrill match that allowed me to open the middle of the board. With a relatively clean board, Noivern got the chance to do its magic. Shot Out activated on every turn (2 mo3 and 2 mo4), so Noivern dealt 17600 damage on its own, and the subsequent combos, while small, were more than enough to clean the remaining HP. Tapu Bulu was then caught with a 44% pokeball.
I hope I'll have the same luck with Tapu Fini.

- Abomasnow: Works well if you like the Cross Attack+ Pokemon, and has SE coverage overlap with two of the prominent ones (Luxray and Lugia), as well as a useful pre-Mega ability with Mind Zap.
Good point here. A SS, 3 RML and 7 MSU are not an intolerable investment. I'll think about it.

Noivern is at lvl 15 and SL5, so I sholud be able to beat Decidueye without spending too much (are the late boss stages beatable without C-1?). On the other hand, Meloetta and Hitmonlee are both far from perfect (Meloetta lvl 7 and SL3, Hitmonlee lvl 10 not Skill Swapped), so Machamp is still my main fighting-type attacker.

With Tapu Bulu I had unbelievable luck. I went in with M-Beedrill, Noivern, Leavanny (for blocks) and Articuno (for reliable damage). I used AP+, DD and M+5 and won with 12 moves left. The starting board was pretty bad, but I still had the chanche to evolve Beedrill immediately. The removal of a block caused by Block Smash led to a second Beedrill match that allowed me to open the middle of the board. With a relatively clean board, Noivern got the chance to do its magic. Shot Out activated on every turn (2 mo3 and 2 mo4), so Noivern dealt 17600 damage on its own, and the subsequent combos, while small, were more than enough to clean the remaining HP. Tapu Bulu was then caught with a 44% pokeball.
I hope I'll have the same luck with Tapu Fini.

Good point here. A SS, 3 RML and 7 MSU are not an intolerable investment. I'll think about it.
Stage 140 and 150 have 57k and 64k HP with a forced 5th Support, so you can at least likely get by without the C-1 if you use the other items. I would say grind Machamp (and Meowth for coins to fund it with hearts) over Mewtwo for now then, it doesn't take as much as usual for Skill Boosters (and I don't know how far in you are on this one) and you'd definitely see a greater increase in coverage/damage from getting Machamp to SL4-5 than taking Mewtwo there (it takes 50 for 4-5, which covers most of Machamp's anyway)

My team was M-Beedrill (max level, fully candied), level 15 SL5 Noivern, Talonflame (SL2), perfect Emboar with M+5, DD, APU and had terrible boards (no matches of 4 in the first few moves), though I got lucky with mega evolving turn one and activating Shot Out on 3-matches. Super lucky that I caught it with 20% like you did.

-Snorlax- pika pal: Thanks for the suggestions on MSUs. I might use them on Absol and Ampharos for the time being, pending the release of Shiny Charizard, Shiny Gardevoir, Shiny Gengar, and Pinsir. They could also give more MSUs to current megas, but with 90-something to spare, I shouldn't be in a position to worry too much any time soon.[/quote]

Last edited:
Hi everybody! I need some help to finish Decidueye's EB. I got to 150 a few hours ago, but I really don't know how to approach the stage. I had no trouble beating 140 using all items but C-1 (3 moves left with Tyranitar, Noivern, Heatran and Tornadus-T), so in theory the same setup should work for 150, as it has only 7k more HP but 5 extra turns. However, the starting board and initial skyfall are far worse than 140, meaning that cleaning the board may require a lot of turns, especially if there aren't Tyranitar matches available (not so unlikely, considering the 5th support and the amount of blocks).
On the other hand, using all items would make the stage much more manageable, but honestly I'm not sure that 2 level ups are worth a full items run.
I definitely need some advice here. What do you guys think the best course of action is? Full items? All but C-1? Or just stop here?

Hi everybody! I need some help to finish Decidueye's EB. I got to 150 a few hours ago, but I really don't know how to approach the stage. I had no trouble beating 140 using all items but C-1 (3 moves left with Tyranitar, Noivern, Heatran and Tornadus-T), so in theory the same setup should work for 150, as it has only 7k more HP but 5 extra turns. However, the starting board and initial skyfall are far worse than 140, meaning that cleaning the board may require a lot of turns, especially if there aren't Tyranitar matches available (not so unlikely, considering the 5th support and the amount of blocks).
On the other hand, using all items would make the stage much more manageable, but honestly I'm not sure that 2 level ups are worth a full items run.
I definitely need some advice here. What do you guys think the best course of action is? Full items? All but C-1? Or just stop here?
I say just go for full items if you intend to complete it. Consider that if you fail this twice, you're essentially down the 9k Coins the C-1 would have cost anyway. Is there any leveling you can do for your best damage options (I had Emboar over Torn-T, which is a little stronger already)? If you want to try without C-1, you could wait for Magearna to get a couple more levels on someone like Noivern and up the Shot Out damage and grind Coins/PSB's for someone in the meantime. Seeing other guides makes me want to level Vanilluxe's SS Shot Out given the Coverage of Ice, might be considerable for you as well.

Thanks for advice pika pal.
My Emboar is only at SL4, that's why I decided to use my perfect Tornadus-T for stage 140. As for Vanilluxe, it's only at lvl 10/SL1. If it was maxed, I wouldn't be so hesitant to try a C-1-less setup. Sadly, there's no way I can make it usable before the end of the escalation, unless I decide to invest an unreasonable amount of exp/skill boosters.
Since having a maxed Vanilluxe or Block Shot Skymin seems to be necessary to avoid using C-1, I suppose I'll have to go for full items. What team would you suggest in that case?

Thanks for advice pika pal.
My Emboar is only at SL4, that's why I decided to use my perfect Tornadus-T for stage 140. As for Vanilluxe, it's only at lvl 10/SL1. If it was maxed, I wouldn't be so hesitant to try a C-1-less setup. Sadly, there's no way I can make it usable before the end of the escalation, unless I decide to invest an unreasonable amount of exp/skill boosters.
Since having a maxed Vanilluxe or Block Shot Skymin seems to be necessary to avoid using C-1, I suppose I'll have to go for full items. What team would you suggest in that case?
In that case, the expected T-Tar, 2 Burst Damagers, and Heatran for LDE. If you use C-1, no Shot Out, so you'd probably bring Emboar anyway (without my knowing your options). I'll probably work on Vanilluxe the rest of the week once my coins are back in order, Noivern's shown me the power of Shot Out.

Escalation completed! 150 done with M-Tyranitar, Tornadus-T, Alolan Ninetales and Heatran, full items, 1 move left. It was a horrible run, with no noteworthy combos and Risk Taker never dealing more than 2k. I was saved by A-Ninetales (I saw no disruption) and Heatran (mo5+mo4). After playing the stage I was down to 8k coins, so I had to use one of my precious jewels (sigh) on Sunday Meowth. Now it's time for Machamp to reach SL5, then I'll spend the rest of the week farming coins. I want to get to at least 70k before the next update.

Was able to get through Decidueye pretty cheap thanks to Noivern, perhaps it would've been cheaper with Vallinuxe as well (for whom I have since started to grind PSBs but those rates are atrocious). Looked through the list of my Pokemon and realised I don't have a reliable team for Incineroar and Primarina EBs if they decide to throw them at us in consecutive weeks, and unfortunately I haven't quite recovered the 20,000+ coins spend on Nihilego. Gone are the days when you can spend a few days on stage 37 to recoup the coins you spent on events and use stage 130 to grind levels. Now you can only use Weekend (Alolan) Meowth and Victini/Magearna to do so. Rarely ever even have time to grind PSBs, everything is about those Skill Boosters from Weekend Eevee and rewards.

Incineroar I have Ash Greninja and Regirock, so I should be fine for him in theory, but Primarina's a nightmare because coverage for Water is terrible. No good LDE options, mediocre burst damage, no combo boosters, and the overall power of its two SE types are just much lower. Not to mention it's just an irritating stage on top of those basic restrictions, with upper stages using a lot of Barriers or added Support Blocks, and I don't think it even has good options for the new Shot abilities.

What irritates me the most about that is two of the Tapus gave them a chance to fill that instead of giving them worthless/boring abilities.

Oh, and Tapu Fini's likely coming for next week's content, so look forward to flushing another full item run if you're completionist.

I have a perfect Ash Greninja and SL4 Regirock for Incineroar, but I worry more about the disruptions than damage. Primarina is going to be an absolute pain, will have to pray for Sleep Charm and Super Bolt/Risk Taker. Guess they needed to give the Tapus useless abilities to force us to use Skill Swappers for the inevitable skill change they'll give them.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
New Content
Mega Alakazam competition (Type Restricted [No SE/NVE/Dragon], Bring Porygon-Z)
Silvally Ultra Challenge
Turtonator Great Challenge
Porygon-Z Great Challenge (Drops PSB's, RML's)

Returning Content
Celebi EB
Slaking Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Non-Alolan Weekly Events (Victini, Meowth, Wobbuffet, Carnivine)
Daily Pokémon #5 (Drops Coins)

Future Content
Lugia Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Winking Chikorita Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Typhlosion Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Meganium Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Unown Safari (C, E, I, N, Drops Exp. Boosters)
Miltank Scoring Challenge (Mobile Only)
Daily Pokémon #6 (Drops Coins)

Event Pokémon
Silvally: Base 80 Normal-type w/ Typeless Combo.
Turtonator: Base 60 Fire-type w/ Block Shot.
Unown D: Base 50 Psychic-type w/ Relentless.
Unown E: Base 50 Psychic-type w/ Flash Mob.
Unown I: Base 50 Psychic-type w/ Swap+.
Unown N: Base 50 Psychic-type w/ Calm Down.

EB Prizes
Level 10: 1× Time +10
Level 20: 1× Exp. Booster M
Level 25: 1× Disruption Delay
Level 40: 1× Exp. Booster M
Level 50: 1× Mega Speedup
Level 60: 2× Exp. Booster M
Level 75: 1× Skill Swapper
Level 90: 1× Exp. Booster L
Level 100: 2× Raise Max Level
Level 125: 1× Skill Swapper
Level 140: 2× Exp. Booster L
Level 150: 3× Raise Max Level
Level 175: 4× Raise Max Level
Level 200: 2× Level Up

All done.

Last edited:
Oh my god they're really going to do Unown safaris. This is how you know they're running out of ideas (not that we haven't had our hints with those costume Pikachus).

Typeless Combo: Increases damage done by any types in a Combo by 50%.

This will be the first competition where I'm just gonna one-and-done it. No sense in grinding Porygon-Z.

Last edited:
Not going with items for this one either with the type restriction. Not even RML drops make Porygon-Z worth farming for me.

Also, Reddit claims Typeless Combo is 2.5x damage, basically Double Normal multiplier for EVERYTHING if you bring Silvally. 40/40/40 rates with 10%/15%/20%/35% for SL. 15/30/55/50 (Total: 150)

I feel like this is going to get nerfed for obvious reasons, as even with its Normal typing, this would invalidate the other Combo boosters as they are, bar some weird restriction on proccing with conditions like Burn/Freeze.

Celebi is loaded on RML's, which would be nice, but I remember this thing being a pain last time, and LDE Dusknoir is the only real source of Burst I know for this thing.

Chinese Wiki says 2x damage with the same rates and SL information. Regardless, going to be a mon to max, though the PSB farming will have to wait like half a year.

So, in regard to Silvally, it looks like most players are already getting it to SL5 for this escalation. Do you guys think it's worth the investment? Although I have enough skill boosters to max it, I'm a bit reluctant to use such a huge amount of resources for a single Pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)